eezytiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sole Treadmills and Ellipticals

I currently own a Sole F80 treadmill, and I am in the market for a second treadmill, and an elliptical from Sole. I have loved my F80, (which is about 8 years old now.) It's been the best investment in fitness equipment I have made. I have narrowed my options down to the following:

http://www.soletreadmills.com/Folding-Treadmills
    Treadmills
    Sole F63
    Sole F65

http://www.soletreadmills.com/Ellipticals
    Ellipticals
    Sole E35
    Sole E55

Has anyone used these models, and would you care to comment?
    Last edited by eezytiger; 06-10-2011 at 12:06 PM.

elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, I'm in your boat. I have the Sole F80 (2011) model and will be receiving my Sole E55 (2011) next Monday. So that'd be my recommendation, although I haven't tried the E55 beside the floor model at Sears. they're solid products and have good warranties.

*edited- realized I should give a bit more info.
    I like the F80 (2011) since it has a 3.0 hp motor (nice round number), it comes with a wireless strap, speakers are okay, I don't mind, the fan -even though it's kind of weak - is actually pretty nice when you're really heating up. It comes with a Sole water bottle (nice little perk!) and the folding part of it is really cool because I can fold it up while I'm doing strength training and have a little bit more room for walking/navigating through my workout room.

I bought the E55 since my wife needed something a bit easier on her joints and it'll match the F80 nicely (same blue backlit LCD screen).

Originally Posted by eezytiger View Post
    I currently own a Sole F80 treadmill, and I am in the market for a second treadmill, and an elliptical from Sole. I have loved my F80, (which is about 8 years old now.) It's been the best investment in fitness equipment I have made. I have narrowed my options down to the following:

Treadmills
    Sole F63
    Sole F65

Ellipticals
    Sole E35
    Sole E55

ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by eezytiger View Post

Treadmills
    Sole F63
    Sole F65

Ellipticals
    Sole E35
    Sole E55

I've had an E55 for three or four years. Its still going strong. Great to use in the winter or when it rains and I don't feel like going out on the roads for a run. I would recommend going to a fitness store that sells higher end stuff and try a few different brands. They sometimes have a very different feel.

RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50) RussAnderson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    have the f63 well had, decided to go for the elliptical sole el335 ,but 2 fantastic well built machines full of handy features. The f63 weighed a ton, extremely sturdy treadmill with a nice wide cushioned running deck. The elliptical same again extremely well built smooth mechanism with a very easy to ready onboard console. You cant go wrong and were i live in the uk they certainly offer better than most in that price range plus the warranty is great.Infact just got backed up yesterday with fuel needed a few extra parts for the elliptical,no problem friendly and fast customer service.

NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoKittyNo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Now I don't own either, nor do am I in the market for either but IMO - from past and present experience with Sole equipment whatever one you choose I am sure you will be 100% satisfied; as I am.

I chose the Sole TT8 Treadmill directly from sole,

http://www.soletreadmills.com/Non-Fo...FcW5KgodvWGoNA

and they took about 2 weeks or under to deliver. I love. this. machine. I make sure to lubricate it and clean it down, as well as vacuum underneath to keep junk from settling under the motor and belt.

I have seen those models you are aiming for at Sears(or similar) and they seem as well built as mine. I chose mine because I am a snob and look for top-of-the-line in $$$ (because of which I am broke. Lmao) - But this thing is a beast, heavy and took 3 people to get it off the truck!

Their warranty is what had me bite the bullet over other competitors. I don't know what's going to happen to me or my treadmill in 5, 10 - 20 years and their warranty for Motor deck, etc just can't be beat IMO and that's why it's not just an investment into my health but my future work-outs and wallet.

Let us know which one you choose, maybe post some pics and thoughts? Love them reviews.

Good luck on whichever you choose!
    __
    Current Stuff I Take:
    Dymatize ISO: Banana
    Optimum Whey Gold Standard: Coffee
    Optimum Whey Turbo Chocolate
    Optimum Casein: Cookies & Cream
    Cellucor C4: Pink Lemonade
    Optimum: Amino Energy: Grape

Basic supps for daily intake.

What I want:
    Rogue R6 & All the pretty accessories.
    Rogue Bumper Plates, 160 more lbs!
    Commercial Trainer, Cable Stacks
    Anything & everything basically.

ExavierSteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been looking to get myself an Elliptical as well so that I can finally start adding cardio to my workouts, but at home, and am personally thinking about the E95 by Sole. Sure it's a bit pricier, but one, I feel that the extra dough will pay off in the long run for the nicer machine, and two, if I get appoved on this new credit card offer, then I will get over 30,000 airline miles to boot. Otherwise I'll just put it on my old credit card.

Has anyone tried or owned a E95. I've been researching it and they reviews seem to be more positive for this model then for the lesser models.

elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm getting my E55 tomorrow. I think the main difference between e55 and e95 are cushioned handles, bigger screen and cushioned footsteps. I'll let you know what I think when I receive it tomorrow and try it out for a little while. I know i'm definitely concerned with the machine squeaking and the rails getting dirty but it looks like (on the Sole website) they have ways to fix that. it seems like the best bang for the buck, I considered smooth (7.4 i think) and the lower end precor (without handles) but this one seemed to be the best deal for the amount of use we will give it.

Originally Posted by ExavierSteel View Post
    I've been looking to get myself an Elliptical as well so that I can finally start adding cardio to my workouts, but at home, and am personally thinking about the E95 by Sole. Sure it's a bit pricier, but one, I feel that the extra dough will pay off in the long run for the nicer machine, and two, if I get appoved on this new credit card offer, then I will get over 30,000 airline miles to boot. Otherwise I'll just put it on my old credit card.

Has anyone tried or owned a E95. I've been researching it and they reviews seem to be more positive for this model then for the lesser models.

Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I own the e95, and the thing is built like a tank. It is smooth as can be in operation, the only two issues I have with it are the size of the handles (I have pretty small hands and after a while it does get uncomfortable) and its size. Pictures really don't show you how large it is, this thing is gigantic. But it can handle my weight and keeps going with hardly any maintenance. So all in all it was a good buy and I would get it again in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by Caliban07 View Post
    I own the e95, and the thing is built like a tank. It is smooth as can be in operation, the only two issues I have with it are the size of the handles (I have pretty small hands and after a while it does get uncomfortable) and its size. Pictures really don't show you how large it is, this thing is gigantic. But it can handle my weight and keeps going with hardly any maintenance. So all in all it was a good buy and I would get it again in a heartbeat.
    do you get any squeaking or annoying noises?
    also, does the time count UP or DOWN or can you select which?

Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Caliban07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Naw there is no real squeaking or annoying noises. There is of course a noise but my mp3 player easily drowns it out, and that's with me keeping the volume down for when I am outside doing my walking so I know when people/bikes are passing me. Honestly I have never used that function (the timer) of it as I always time by other things, I will check later today for you.