View Poll Results: Was I helpful to you on passing the NASM?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

210 92.92%
  • No

16 7.08%
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Published Fitness Author Bradster101190's Avatar
    Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vitog123 View Post
    I went through my CPT book in about a month and im doing really well with practice tests, using the iphone apps, the study guide etc.... BUT any time i get a question with a muscle description or "identify which muscle is over/under active?" or "what causes a persons foot to turn out during a squat assessment?" I totally go blank and cant answer it correctly.

How do I "Comprehend" this stuff

I went back to your original post and looked at your groups:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hamstring group -Accelerates knee flexion and hip extension..( Grouped them all together instead of learning every little muscle)

Quadricep Group-Knee Extension and Hip Flexion( grouped them as well)

Gluteus Maximus -hip extension and external rotation

Latissimus Dorsi-Shoulder extension, abduction and internal rotation

Rhomboids-Scapular retraction and downward rotation.

Biceps Brachi-Elbow flexion , shoulder flexion and supination of radioulnar joint

Triceps-Elbow and shoulder extension

Serratus Anterior- Scapular Protraction

Solues and Gastrocnemius-Plantarflexion

Rectus Abdominis- Spinal flexion, lateral flexion and rotation

-----------------------------------------------------------

Are those the only groups/muscles you made yourself aware of before going into the test? what about the hip musculature? that cant be grouped can it?
    Im staring at these pages and im just lost.

thanks for any help or advice!

Thats just the main groups I reccomend, knocking out a big part of it. You can group anything your comfortable with that has the same function.

Also I recomend the whole time your studying just every few sessions learn a new muscle, you want to absorb the knowledge overtime and not cram it. Pass it for now and just hit it now and then to develop a solid understanding that will last.

Also make sure to act out the movements , and visualize why your back would be arching, what muscles are in that area? Ect.

Your probably going blank because your making it all mental, on a client youll SEE their lower back arch and remember " Oh thats caused by a ovetactive Latissimus Dorsi , Erector Spinae or Hip Flexor Complex.

Goodluck!
    Last edited by Bradster101190; 12-18-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Fitness Author at Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com
    Read More Of My Work At: https://www.brad-kelly.com/recent-articles/

vitog123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vitog123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vitog123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bradster101190 View Post
    Thats just the main groups I reccomend, knocking out a big part of it. You can group anything your comfortable with that has the same function.

Also I recomend the whole time your studying just every few sessions learn a new muscle, you want to absorb the knowledge overtime and not cram it. Pass it for now and just hit it now and then to develop a solid understanding that will last.

Also make sure to act out the movements , and visualize why your back would be arching, what muscles are in that area? Ect.

Your probably going blank because your making it all mental, on a client youll SEE their lower back arch and remember " Oh thats caused by a ovetactive Latissimus Dorsi , Erector Spinae or Hip Flexor Complex.

Goodluck!
    Great! Thanks for your help....

Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vitog123 View Post
    Great! Thanks for your help....

Anytime buddy, goodluck in your career! If you have anymore questions dont hesitate to ask.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

vitog123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vitog123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vitog123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have anymore questions dont hesitate to ask.
    haha dont worry im sure ill have plenty in the next few weeks thanks again

kastuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys ,after posting these past few weeks in here I constantly get pms regarding taking the NASM but that doesn't bother me at all , I am making this post to help everyone in the future on taking the NASM.

My NASM experience was a very long one, I drove 3 hours to fail it by 1 point! This was the first test I have ever failed in my life and more then anything it made me very angry I could fool myself into thinking I was ready like that.

So I decided at that point I no longer wanted to pass the NASM, I wanted to "teach it" , I didn't want to "pass" it. I wanted to not miss a single question in the whole exam. I began studying the test and would draw graphs on dry erase boards everyday, I made 350 note cards and read every tip I could find, I being a fitness nut and working out 2 hours a day 6 days a week applied NASM in every workout I did and developed a real understanding of the text. I talked to the head NASM instructor multiple times on the phone and probably bugged him to death...

And having the test scheduled the LAST possible day I could I studied like crazy everyday. But then it happened, I could get 100% on the practice exams everytime without memorization and do all my 350 note cards only missing 1 or 2.

So I rescheduled my exam for the next day , and went with my family and friends to take it...

TIP: Make your testing day a fun day , plan a nice dinner afterwards , this way if you fail you still will have a awesome day and wont be discouraged

My family dropped me off and 26 minutes later I called them, I told them I was done and passed it. Now NASM CANNOT give exact numbers on your score but secretly they do keep track of %s to determine if the test is too easy or too hard and what questions people are missing the most. After talking to a few Representatives one finally told me I scored within the top 7% of exam takers recorded and could not believe my time and said that was unheard of....

So I truly was "over-prepared" , but do i regret it? No... think of it this way , once you take the test its OVER , your a NASM trainer for life and never have to be retested on the whole book again. So study as hard and as long as you can until you pass it.

P.S this is a work in progress and after starting it tonight I am very tired considering it is 3 AM, So I will finish it over the next few days. I will add a complete list of what I studied the hardest , and what I read right before the exam as instructed by the head NASM instructor. BUT I WILL NOT tell you a cheap way to pass or give you a COMPLETE guide. I am not here to make you pass without YOU putting in the time , but I guarantee if you follow this and do appropriate studying you to will be "Over-Prepared"
    Okay Bradster; I admire the spirit of this message. I just decided to try for NASM CPT. I've done this kind of work on an amateur basis for friends and family. Basically giving them workout advice and diet advice. But, I never charged them for it, I did it to help. So recently, I got it in my head to try for an official certification. I got the NASM fourth edition textbook ,used without the studyguide. I got the DVD's and access to the online session. But, after reading a lot of the stuff online, I'm getting somewhat overwhelmed. Then I read this passage of yours and it just kind of brought a calm to my storm. Well, DUH.... Study as if you were going to teach it!!! That would mean, pretty much mastering the information. So, thank you for that SPARK!!! So, I now ask you, how did you go about doing this. Me, I'm a kinesthetic/ audio learner. I learn really well with labs and doing stuff with the information. I learn pretty good hearing the info and my mind tries to make since of it. I don't learn well at all by just watching or reading. Unfortunatly, all the info available is the latter. Any tips, pointers, advice, whatever would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by kastuff View Post
    Okay Bradster; I admire the spirit of this message. I just decided to try for NASM CPT. I've done this kind of work on an amateur basis for friends and family. Basically giving them workout advice and diet advice. But, I never charged them for it, I did it to help. So recently, I got it in my head to try for an official certification. I got the NASM fourth edition textbook ,used without the studyguide. I got the DVD's and access to the online session. But, after reading a lot of the stuff online, I'm getting somewhat overwhelmed. Then I read this passage of yours and it just kind of brought a calm to my storm. Well, DUH.... Study as if you were going to teach it!!! That would mean, pretty much mastering the information. So, thank you for that SPARK!!! So, I now ask you, how did you go about doing this. Me, I'm a kinesthetic/ audio learner. I learn really well with labs and doing stuff with the information. I learn pretty good hearing the info and my mind tries to make since of it. I don't learn well at all by just watching or reading. Unfortunatly, all the info available is the latter. Any tips, pointers, advice, whatever would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for the kind words! I wrote this in hopes to help people and I am glad it helped you.

On my approach to learning the materials like I said I wanted to know it so well I could teach it. I am also.a visual and physical (or kinsthetic) learner like yourself, to embrace this I always ACTED OUT anatomy, id point to muscles and bones to remember locations, act out overactive and underactive muscle imbalances ( arch your back and recognize the overactive muscles causing it.) . I would REPEAT hard to grasp concepts out loud and VISUALIZE the planes of motion.

Make the imfornation common sense for you, eventually you want be able to not even magine not knowing the imformation.

Id write more but I have to leave for dinner, ill edit more after I get back.
    Last edited by Bradster101190; 12-23-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

Well actually, I said I was a kinesthetic / auditory learner. But, that's ok. If I were visual, the books and videos would be great help. But, the pointing and talking out loud should help. Like I said, I'm just getting started. I've been out of school for many years. But, I've also researched some kinesthetic learning tips and techniques today. Basically telling me not to sit for too long, get up and move while I read or watch videos or listen to audio. A treadmill or stationary bike was suggested.. And, taking frequent breaks every 10-15 minutes to allow brain to process. I think I'l be alright. But, any help is welcomed. I found some info from leah23, basically notes on each chapter, kind of summarizing. So, I can read the chapter to get a feel for it and read the notes as a refresher or to drive help drive home something I didn't get. I don't want to just memorize, that's never worked for me. I have to understand it. It has to make since. At any rate, any advice or help is appreciated. Thank you.

Well actually, I said I was a kinesthetic / auditory learner. But, that's ok. If I were visual, the books and videos would be great help. But, the pointing and talking out loud should help. Like I said, I'm just getting started. I've been out of school for many years. But, I've also researched some kinesthetic learning tips and techniques today. Basically telling me not to sit for too long, get up and move while I read or watch videos or listen to audio. A treadmill or stationary bike was suggested.. And, taking frequent breaks every 10-15 minutes to allow brain to process. I think I'l be alright. But, any help is welcomed. I found some info from leah23, basically notes on each chapter, kind of summarizing. So, I can read the chapter to get a feel for it and read the notes as a refresher or to drive help drive home something I didn't get. I don't want to just memorize, that's never worked for me. I have to understand it. It has to make since. At any rate, any advice or help is appreciated. Thank you.

Ah being purely a kinesthetic learner I thought you meant your a do-er or physical learner. My mistake.

But I do agree you should learn in pieces to ensure comprehension over just memorization. Also try making note cards ( I have over 200) covering anything from anatomy , exercise science to simple things like definitions.

You can also download audio files from the book and get applications for your phone.

Most importantly just make it fun, practice what you are learning and talk to other fitnness enthusiests, youll do great.
    Last edited by Bradster101190; 12-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

Ah being purely a kinesthetic learner I thought you meant your a do-er or physical learner.

But I do agree you should learn in pieces to ensure comprehension over just memorization. Also try making note cards ( I have over 200) covering anything from anatomy , exercise science to simple things like definitions.

You can also download audio files from the book and get applications for your phone.
    I'm MOSTLY kinesthetic with a minor in auditory. Visual pretty much does nothing unless I personally put some kind of motion to it. For instance, just reading, I'll pretty much forget it right away unless I'm fidgetting or moving somehow. But, i get bored with it after 10 minutes or so, even if it's a subject I'm interested in. After doing a little research, I've found this is a common thing for kinesthetic learners. Also, in high school I found if I concentrated on taking all kinds of plain notes that it never stuck in my head. If I just listened and took highlight notes, I did better. But, later I realized that while I was listening I was fidgeting (ie, rubbing my hands, tapping pencil, tapping foot, bouncing knee, drawing on my notes). After talking about it with a psych teacher, she informed me that I was kinesthetic learner with auditory tendencies. That's me ) Anyways, do you know a place to download audio files. And, the notecards are good, I've used them in the past. Anyhoo, it's getting late... Thanks again...

I'm MOSTLY kinesthetic with a minor in auditory. Visual pretty much does nothing unless I personally put some kind of motion to it. For instance, just reading, I'll pretty much forget it right away unless I'm fidgetting or moving somehow. But, i get bored with it after 10 minutes or so, even if it's a subject I'm interested in. After doing a little research, I've found this is a common thing for kinesthetic learners. Also, in high school I found if I concentrated on taking all kinds of plain notes that it never stuck in my head. If I just listened and took highlight notes, I did better. But, later I realized that while I was listening I was fidgeting (ie, rubbing my hands, tapping pencil, tapping foot, bouncing knee, drawing on my notes). After talking about it with a psych teacher, she informed me that I was kinesthetic learner with auditory tendencies. That's me ) Anyways, do you know a place to download audio files. And, the notecards are good, I've used them in the past. Anyhoo, it's getting late... Thanks again...

No problem buddy, I have a link to download the files on my online NASM learning center .
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bp06km is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    will sticky thread, receiving NASM CPT package soon!

Originally Posted by bp06km View Post
    will sticky thread, receiving NASM CPT package soon!
    Awesome, good luck bro! Dont hesitate to ask any questions.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

imafitnessboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice thread! will visit this everyday for sure guys!

Another one of my problems is that I got my book used.. I have gotten access to the online NASM tutorial or whatever you want to call it. But, I've yet to get a study guide. How helpful is it? And are there any good practice tests out there?? Maybe even some chapter by chapter tests?? I have to be challenged with my knowlege of the info. Like I said, I want to know it. Not just know it good enough to pass the test. I'm kind of taking my time, right now. I'll probably get an official package from NASM with tax return. Bradley has helped more than he probably realizes. I got some outlines from leah123 on another thread at this site.
    Anyhoo, any help is more than appreciated.

Another one of my problems is that I got my book used.. I have gotten access to the online NASM tutorial or whatever you want to call it. But, I've yet to get a study guide. How helpful is it? And are there any good practice tests out there?? Maybe even some chapter by chapter tests?? I have to be challenged with my knowlege of the info. Like I said, I want to know it. Not just know it good enough to pass the test. I'm kind of taking my time, right now. I'll probably get an official package from NASM with tax return. Bradley has helped more than he probably realizes. I got some outlines from leah123 on another thread at this site.
    Anyhoo, any help is more than appreciated.

Im glad I could help, that's all I am here for.

Anyway for practice tests if you have a android phone there are 2 awesome applications in the android marketplace for practicing. the study book is cool to have and you may find it cheap online for around 10 bucks , if so it tests you chapter by chapter and is very challenging until you master the program.

Watch for sales on the course and call in your order to get a 100 or 200 off , I have an employee there I always deal with who is extremely helpful who I can refer you to if you pm me. The certification is worth every penny with it you'll be hired in gyms almost instantly .
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good thread

back to the top

TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in chapter 7 what are some thing one would really need to memorize and understand that may be on the test? such as their concepts of warmup and cool down?

superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Finally bought the exam although I've had the textbook for a while now. Also took the practice test and scored a 92%, anybody know how well of an indicator the practice test is of the real thing? I plan on taking it in a little less than 2 weeks before classes start again. Will be obsessively studying until then(like I do for everything)

TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TAK000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by superOIRAM View Post
    Finally bought the exam although I've had the textbook for a while now. Also took the practice test and scored a 92%, anybody know how well of an indicator the practice test is of the real thing? I plan on taking it in a little less than 2 weeks before classes start again. Will be obsessively studying until then(like I do for everything)
    haha yea I'm taking mine in 2 weeks exactly 6 days before my science classes start up again...

That is a fair indicator your doing very well , just don't take the practice test too much and memorize the answers, as it noticeably repeats itself and the actual exam has all the questions reworded.

Originally Posted by TAK000 View Post
    in chapter 7 what are some thing one would really need to memorize and understand that may be on the test? such as their concepts of warmup and cool down?

A lot of the main points are

The benefits and effects of a warmup.
    Warm up for the stabilization, strength and power client
    Adaptations of cardiorespiratory training
    The term FITTE and full understanding of its meaning
    Daily health recommendations and improved fitness recommendations .
    EPOC
    Table 7.9

Now that I think of it that chapter is very important containing over 5 questions on the exam alone.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

A lot of the main points are

The benefits and effects of a warmup.
    Warm up for the stabilization, strength and power client
    Adaptations of cardiorespiratory training
    The term FITTE and full understanding of its meaning
    Daily health recommendations and improved fitness recommendations .
    EPOC
    Table 7.9

Now that I think of it that chapter is very important containing over 5 questions on the exam alone.

I read chapter 7-11 all in one day and man that was a lot of information and i did not do well in the program design flashcards and practice. any tips on it.

I didn't do well on the variables like how many sets,# of exercises, and progressions and regression

Any tips on these chapters?

it seem like a lot of different variables with each program design for core, balance, reactive, and SAQ

I read chapter 7-11 all in one day and man that was a lot of information and i did not do well in the program design flashcards and practice. any tips on it.

I didn't do well on the variables like how many sets,# of exercises, and progressions and regression

Any tips on these chapters?

it seem like a lot of different variables with each program design for core, balance, reactive, and SAQ

That is the most time consuming part to learn because of the vast amount of variables . Make all the note cards for core acute variables, learn them in a few nights then mix in all the balance variables, make sure you still know it all then mix in the reactive variables and so on.

This progression for note cards is also great for muscle systems.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    haha yea I'm taking mine in 2 weeks exactly 6 days before my science classes start up again...
    Yea man, I want to get this out of the way before everything starts! And hopefully get a few clients at the start of the semester

That is a fair indicator your doing very well , just don't take the practice test too much and memorize the answers, as it noticeably repeats itself and the actual exam has all the questions reworded.
    Thanks, will definitely keep studying

Yea man, I want to get this out of the way before everything starts! And hopefully get a few clients at the start of the semester

Thanks, will definitely keep studying
    Awesome man, youll be a great personal trainer with that attitude. Keep it up bro!
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

in the program design table for core, balance and reactive the set range is 2-3 (on the practice test it said 2-3)

the only problem is it says 2-4 in the core program design table and i remembered that but found it really od that on the practice test the right answer was 2-3

is this a typo

edit again i have spent pretty much 9 hours today on chapters 7-10 (don't care much for 11) and am almost ready to recite and explain it backwards while swimming in a pull of sharks
    Last edited by TAK000; 01-03-2012 at 10:59 PM.

page 169…

much like you said i have looked at it less than 10 mins but have spent countless hours in the Functional Anatomy, assessment, and flexibility chapters!

page 169 is all common sense pretty much once you know the above!

9 more days till my test and 4 more chapters to go!

Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000) Jeffbelittle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys,

I'm going to sign up to pay for the textbook and then take the exam. It's a BIG investment and I need to pass in order to pay off how much it'll cost me.

How long should I need to study? What's the best way to go about this?
    ★★★ Thick. ★★★
    ★★★ Solid. ★★★
    ★★★ Tight. ★★★

Originally Posted by Jeffbelittle View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm going to sign up to pay for the textbook and then take the exam. It's a BIG investment and I need to pass in order to pay off how much it'll cost me.

How long should I need to study? What's the best way to go about this?

Study AT LEAST 1 hour a day to make sure you comprehend the text and not just memorize it. On tips , read through this thread a lot as it contains very useful tips.

in the program design table for core, balance and reactive the set range is 2-3 (on the practice test it said 2-3)

the only problem is it says 2-4 in the core program design table and i remembered that but found it really od that on the practice test the right answer was 2-3

is this a typo

edit again i have spent pretty much 9 hours today on chapters 7-10 (don't care much for 11) and am almost ready to recite and explain it backwards while swimming in a pull of sharks
    I may be wrong but I think what happened is this.

In core Power training the number os sets to use is 2-3
    But in core STRENGTH training you use 2-4

Take a look at table 8.2 on page 214 to see the variables for each phase of core training.

page 169…

much like you said i have looked at it less than 10 mins but have spent countless hours in the Functional Anatomy, assessment, and flexibility chapters!

page 169 is all common sense pretty much once you know the above!

9 more days till my test and 4 more chapters to go!
    Great job buddy, I am glad you followed that tip as I found it invaluable in the long run . Also consider chapter 14 : special populations only has 1-2 questions on the final test and is a LOT of information so if you happen to get tight on time don't focus on this chapter
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a hard time understanding the planes of motion. Any ways of learning it? It just doesn't get into my head right...

Originally Posted by DavidL913 View Post
    I have a hard time understanding the planes of motion. Any ways of learning it? It just doesn't get into my head right...

I cant really think of a good technique now but if I do ill tell you. I just acted it out and it became easy to remember after a few days.

Try mental notes like...

Transverse means turn or rotation.

Frontal means side to side ( like a hockey goalie in front of a goal moving ?)
    Last edited by Bradster101190; 01-04-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com