View Poll Results: Was I helpful to you on passing the NASM?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

210 92.92%
  • No

16 7.08%
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1283
    drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kiaroxilante View Post
    Hi,

I've been contemplating studying for the NASM CPT cert and before investing in the course, I've been studying the material beforehand to give myself a leg up and make sure this is something that still interests me (so far it does).

I was looking up the Overhead Squat Solutions table and I found two different versions - one for the CES and another for the CPT/PES. I'm assuming obviously I'd want to study the CPT/PES version, but I'm baffled as to why there are two different versions...what are the differences?

They both appear pretty similar, minus small things. For instance, on the CES - the foot turning out: probable overactive muscles include the soleus, lat. gastrocnemius, bicep femoris and tensor fascia latae. But on the CPT/PES overactive muscles include everything except the tensor fascia latae. Underactive muscles on the CES include med. gastrocnemius, med. hamstring, gluteus medius/maximus, gracilis and popliteus...but on the CPT/PES it includes all of those minus the gluteus medius/maximus and includes the Sartorius while the CES does NOT include the Sartorius.

Can anybody help me understand why they are different? And if I intend on obtaining the CES at some point, should I just study both? Naturally I'd study the CPT/PES first so as not to get the two confused for the test.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey there,

Just study the CPT/PES one. I noticed they were slightly different as well. You'd probably be fine studying either honestly since they're so similar, BUT don't do that because the exam is based off the CPT/PES one.

Originally Posted by Smarino2592 View Post
    How do people spend two months studying and then take the exam? That's impressive. I think I'm bad at retaining info so I took one pass through the book just taking notes, and I'm doing another pass while making my own flash cards and memorizing one muscle from the appendix per day. I'm not even aiming to take the exam for another six months or so. I like to feel very confident with the material.
    Years of cramming for college exams will make ya capable of that :|... Gotta have a life too, so learning large amounts of info really fast becomes second nature. RETAINING that info is another story.

Also reposting this for good measure on this page since I sincerely think this'll help. Read through this forum but if ya need something quicker, these are by far most important topics on the exam:

NASM CPT / Online Coach (PM Me)
    PRs: 307B / 420S / 565ConvDL / 520SumoDL

Latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLz3VXY1uHU

rocknyc22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone have a link to the audio files? I haven't had any luck finding them.

drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rocknyc22 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the audio files? I haven't had any luck finding them.
    What audio files are you speaking of? Audio files for what?
    NASM CPT / Online Coach (PM Me)
    PRs: 307B / 420S / 565ConvDL / 520SumoDL

Latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLz3VXY1uHU

NightLife Is MyLife CoolBoyyBeatz's Avatar
    CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Does anyone have the fitness mentors study guide? I have their audio files If anyone wants to do a swap
    Military Minded

USMC Officer (Tentitve January 2019)

Misc Approaches

Retired POF King

NightLife Is MyLife CoolBoyyBeatz's Avatar
    CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CoolBoyyBeatz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just took my exam and PASSED. A year after failing the exam due to not being prepared, I finally got the time to retake the test.

I bought the audio lectures from fitness mentors that helped immensely. The healthy gamer study guide came in clutch as well.

Overall, the test was pretty easy. I failed the test last year due to not studying properly. I didn't crack open the book and I relied on the healthy gamers study guide to help me pass the test....which obviously wasn't enough As what everyone else stated, UNDERSTAND the concepts instead of memorizing them and you'll do just fine.
    Military Minded

USMC Officer (Tentitve January 2019)

Misc Approaches

Retired POF King

Goodnessgrace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

flash cards

Did anyone use the flashcard bundles provided by NASM? Were they helpful/relevant? I haven't seen much about them here. Just wondering if I should copy and use those or make my own? Trying to work smarter not harder.

samkrawiec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys!

So I just attended a NASM exam prep workshop and was feeling pretty confident in everything I had studied especially after the workshop. I've been reading this forum as I study to help and it's been great. I'm taking my test this Thursday, however I just went and tried one of the practice exams on eteach and I'm feeling a lot LESS confident than I was earlier. I had gone through all of my flashcards that I made based on the study guide and everything I've read, but the practice exam was extremely difficult asking a lot of specific anatomy questions. Is the actual exam similar to these practice exams? I've only taken one so I'm not sure what the other practice ones are like, but if the actual exam is similar to this then I feel like I need to re-read the whole book!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Registered User samanthakayslay's Avatar
    samanthakayslay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CoolBoyyBeatz View Post
    Does anyone have the fitness mentors study guide? I have their audio files If anyone wants to do a swap
    I do not have anything from Fitness Mentors but if you are willing to share your audio I would be so grateful! Thank you!

Carime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NASM CPT exam updated

Hi All,

I've been following this thread since January and I'm scheduled to take my CPT exam June 24th. I received an email today from NASM that stated the NASM CPT exam will be updated on June 16th. I'm kind of freaking out because I've taken practice tests & exams and I'm worried the format is going to be different or something. Any thoughts? Does anyone know what this really means in terms of studying? The "blueprint" is also completely different. Thanks!!

tylergile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Audio Files

Originally Posted by samanthakayslay View Post
    I do not have anything from Fitness Mentors but if you are willing to share your audio I would be so grateful! Thank you!
    Were you able to get the audio files? This would be an amazing tool to have.

KNurse024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone have any issues with NASM eTeach? I've been doing everything on time and putting a fair amount of work into it, only to get a 1/4 on my last discussion answer (which makes me ineligible for the money back guarantee). Prior to this, I've received great scores on everything and don't feel like I answered these questions any differently. I'm feeling like this is just a way to not give me the money back guarantee, and am not too happy with NASM currently. Just interested to see if anyone else has had an experience like this.

F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000) F3D is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Carime View Post
    Hi All,

I've been following this thread since January and I'm scheduled to take my CPT exam June 24th. I received an email today from NASM that stated the NASM CPT exam will be updated on June 16th. I'm kind of freaking out because I've taken practice tests & exams and I'm worried the format is going to be different or something. Any thoughts? Does anyone know what this really means in terms of studying? The "blueprint" is also completely different. Thanks!!
    Hi,

I did notice they sent an email out about having an updated version of the book but wouldn't imagine they would change the exam info immediately after the new book went out. What version of the exam did you register for?
    Latest Review:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130648573

Cundick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just took the test and passed!! I was expecting it to be freakin hard bit it wasn't! I recommend the cpt eteach course. A lot of the same questions.

From Bones to Brawn SkinnyBeast24's Avatar
    SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Cundick View Post
    I just took the test and passed!! I was expecting it to be freakin hard bit it wasn't! I recommend the cpt eteach course. A lot of the same questions.
    is any of the "new content" on the test?

i'm taking my test saturday.

i got a 95% on the practice exam and just felt confident answering all those questions and i feel comfortable with most of the concepts to pass. going HAM this week and hopefully nail it saturday
    Bench 315x1 - Squat 415x1 - Deadlift 515x1 Total = 1,245

3/4/5 Club as of 8-23-2019. Feels good man.

M.S. Exercise Science (2018)
    Certified by: NSCA C.S.C.S, NASM-CPT

6'5 Manmore, 230 pounds, 15% body-fat (Bod Pod tested)

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

Megdaniels52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I passed first try.. 100%! Thanks to everyone on this forum, helped tremendously! 😁💪🏻

SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Megdaniels52 View Post
    I passed first try.. 100%! Thanks to everyone on this forum, helped tremendously! ������
    Did you get alot of questions on the acute variables for core, balance, plyo, SAQ?

I know them by heart for resistance training but it's a bit overwhelming for the rest.

Also, did you get questions on specifics on lengthened/shortened muscles for the 3 postural disorders?

I have the imbalance chart memorized to the T, but wasn't sure how much i must know of the pronation disorder, lower crossed, and upper crossed.

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

PASSED!!

Will update post later but ****ing feels good man/10

2 quick things.

1.) They don't give you a piece of paper for anybody that is curious so can't brain dump.
    2.) I got a scaled scored when I passed. It didn't just say pass. 96 #wrecked.

Megdaniels52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry I didn't get back to you before your test, just saw your questions.
    Congrats on passing! I agree feels good to not just pass but to pass with such a high score... I was stunned when I saw scaled score 100.

Originally Posted by SkinnyBeast24 View Post
    Did you get alot of questions on the acute variables for core, balance, plyo, SAQ?

I know them by heart for resistance training but it's a bit overwhelming for the rest.

Also, did you get questions on specifics on lengthened/shortened muscles for the 3 postural disorders?

I have the imbalance chart memorized to the T, but wasn't sure how much i must know of the pronation disorder, lower crossed, and upper crossed.

I have the same questions as you did... did you see much of those on the exam? What about the new content?

Originally Posted by KNurse024 View Post
    I have the same questions as you did... did you see much of those on the exam? What about the new content?
    Don't recall anything from the new content page. I read it twice, but barely retained anything since I spent so much energy wrapping my head around everything else in the book.

There are definitely a few questions on shortened/lengthened muscles for the 3 postural disorders.

I had to read several questions 2 or 3 times b/c they really do try to trick you. That test was much harder than practice exam. I don't want to say it was a lot harder but I felt like if i half-assed my studying i could still easily pass practice exam. The real test really tests you on understanding the concepts.

Like everybody else has mentioned ITT.
    -know your assessments
    -know the imbalances
    -know exercises in each stage
    -know how to progress/regress

Should pass if you feel insanely confident with above.

I was WAY overprepared for the nutrition/vitamin stuff. I barely got **** on those which i wish there was more for freebies but whatever.

Summerkaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Everyone!

I have my exam on July 20th. I am sooooo nervous, I went once through whole book, and now I am going through whole book once again doing chapter a day.
    Why am I so stressed? Because NASM updated the exam on June 16th. I am studying the 4th version of book. I ordered the 5th version to see if its better. But, nope. I don't like the new version.

cjohnsen21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nasm Retake

Like Brad I also missed the cut off point for Nasm by one point. I am going to retake it ASAP, but I was curious if anyone knew if the exam is the same each time you take it or if they pull new questions or reorder them questions etc. any information is helpful. Thanks in advance!

I'm having a really hard time understanding some of the concepts---muscles as levers, torque/rotary motion, and force/velocity curve. Anyone have any tips or resources for understanding these things?

Summerkaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I PASSED my exam today on first try!

I am soooo happy!!!!!

The exam wasn't easy but wasn't difficult neither. I had some tricky questions, a few of them were so obvious.

I didn't get a score just PASSED.
    How can people get scaled score?
    Last edited by Summerkaa; 07-20-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Originally Posted by Summerkaa View Post
    I PASSED my exam today on first try!

I am soooo happy!!!!!

The exam wasn't easy but wasn't difficult neither. I had some tricky questions, a few of them were so obvious.

I didn't get a score just PASSED.
    How can people get scaled score?
    Not sure, but I swear mine had a scaled score. I have the paper in front of me lol

Originally Posted by KNurse024 View Post
    I'm having a really hard time understanding some of the concepts---muscles as levers, torque/rotary motion, and force/velocity curve. Anyone have any tips or resources for understanding these things?
    Doubt a lever question will show up on test.

Lever 1: Nodding your head

Lever 2: Pushup or calf raise

Lever 3: Bicep curl.

Just know those and that should answer any question, if there is one on levers.

Xiphoid7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Summerkaa View Post
    Why am I so stressed? Because NASM updated the exam on June 16th. I am studying the 4th version of book. I ordered the 5th version to see if its better. But, nope. I don't like the new version.
    I'm in the same boat you were, I signed up not long before they updated the test, now im forced to take the same test that people with the new version of the course are expected to take. Im not too happy with the company. Does all the previous study advice still apply to the updated version? Were the majority of questions still on assessment, imbalances, and program design? I went from feeling prepared to having no idea what to expect. Any insight is appreciated.
    Congrats on passing btw.

dsaxline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New edition

Same situation as some others! I'm in the early stages of studying and am in the 5th edition textbook. How does this compare with the old edition? This infamous page 169 I keep seeing is just some rando page in this book. None of the chapters seem to match up and such. I was looking forward to this being a huge huge asset, but now I'm nervous as there isn't much information on the new addition! Where's a good place to turn to for additional, helpful information?

Or if anyone happens to have both editions and can cross reference the chapters?

Thanks a bunch

teraboyd13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just took my test today and passed. I am based out of NC and the center I went to did not have a weighted score, just pass or fail. I studied by reading the textbook and then doing the online lessons at the end of the chapter. Then I went through the textbook with the study guide provided and made notecards. I was really nervous. I marked 36 questions while taking the test today that I wasn't positive about regarding the answers. I had zero questions on vitamins or supplements. I actually only had one question on Distortion syndromes. 10 or so on other types of assessments. I had 2 questions about special populations and they were very straightforward. Good luck to all! Oh and there was nothing from the new content on my exam.

Originally Posted by dsaxline View Post
    Same situation as some others! I'm in the early stages of studying and am in the 5th edition textbook. How does this compare with the old edition? This infamous page 169 I keep seeing is just some rando page in this book. None of the chapters seem to match up and such. I was looking forward to this being a huge huge asset, but now I'm nervous as there isn't much information on the new addition! Where's a good place to turn to for additional, helpful information?

Or if anyone happens to have both editions and can cross reference the chapters?

Thanks a bunch
    Just read the book and take notes on each chapter, you will know what tables everybody is discussing when you come around to them. It's still helpful to know everything in the book to just make you a better overall trainer then focusing on any of the bullet points people have stated here.

However, it's safe to say you will have 30-40 questions on the assessments/imbalances/distortion syndromes/exercises in each phase for core/balance/plyo/saq/

Surprisingly, there is a good 10-20 questions on the last 2 chapters when it comes to SMART goals and stuff like that so don't just skip a chapter saying this is dumb b/c those are chapters they like to take questions from for some reason.

If you read and takes notes on each chapter and memorize the important tables, it will be hard to fail