View Poll Results: Was I helpful to you on passing the NASM?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

210 92.92%
  • No

16 7.08%
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Passed my nasm cpt exam on my 1st try!!! 4th Edition.

Heres a few things that were on my exam...

A few questions on shortended and lengthened muscles regarding upper and lower crossed syndrome
    What dehydration does to the body
    Assessment recommended for a pregnant woman
    Difference between Attainable & Realistic when designing S.M.A.R.T goals
    Amount of protein recommended if client wishes to gain lean body mass
    Know word for word what the Davies and Shark test are designed for
    Most inner layer of skin
    Calories per gram for carbs, protein, fat
    How many CEU you need within how many years
    Personal Trainers main responsibility

Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashley1121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ashley1121 View Post

A few questions on shortended and lengthened muscles regarding upper and lower crossed syndrome
    Most inner layer of skin

Ohhhhh and

Learn stages of change
    How to actively listen and why
    Root Anaylysis
    Definition of posture
    Function of skeletal system
    Amount of time spent of cool down
    Percentage of body fat that causes obesity related health issues
    Isolated function of gastrocnemius

muddysocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am working on the chart on (4) page 183, I know you have said to learn the groups but.... For example, if a question asks, "if your client feet turn out during the assessment, what muscles are overactive?" Will the answer be the list of muscles, just one muscle, or if I know that the lateral muscles are overactive I can find the right answer. So basically what I am asking is, do I need to know each specific muscle for each compensation?

Thanks alot, this thread is a great help !

xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I passed!! WOOT WOOT!!! Thanks OP and everyone who helped in this thread!

The online practice test is nothing like the actual one as far as how questions are asked, so this thread definitely helped a bunch.

xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000) xRibs is a name known to all. (+5000)

Most inner layer of skin
    Ohhhhh and

Learn stages of change
    How to actively listen and why
    Root Anaylysis
    Definition of posture
    Function of skeletal system
    Amount of time spent of cool down
    Percentage of body fat that causes obesity related health issues
    Isolated function of gastrocnemius
    All of these were on my test also, so anyone else taking the test soon should at least recognize these.

Published Fitness Author Bradster101190's Avatar
    Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xRibs View Post
    I passed!! WOOT WOOT!!! Thanks OP and everyone who helped in this thread!

The online practice test is nothing like the actual one as far as how questions are asked, so this thread definitely helped a bunch.

Congratulations!
    Fitness Author at Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com
    Read More Of My Work At: https://www.brad-kelly.com/recent-articles/

unashamed7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great work on the understanding of the exam. I got so worked up I actually missed my exam. I didn't think I was ready and was trying to hard. I gave myself a break and decided to gather some study tips befor taking it. I found ur forum very helpful and will apply those tips.
    Adam

liangsc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liangsc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liangsc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Bradster101190 View Post
    Haha It was the first test I ever failed in my life so I got MAD. And good point catching me on latissimus dorsi , remembering it all from my head wasn't easy at 4am bro.

Thanks for your input as well!

I might add more , but this is already giving it away in my book lol.
    ???????

RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just took my test today and passed! As you know I didn't receive a score, since the results are only administered as Pass/Fail, but I did knocked the test our in about 40 mins. I only marked 6 questions, these may have been the 20 "Practical" questions, but either way the test is nothing like any practice test I had taken. So if you think you know your **** just cause you got a good score on the practice test, DON'T BELIEVE THAT LIE!

My Advice is to Study! A lot of the questions were more about minor details, that most will overlook, or think isn't the most important for the test. And some of the answers are tricky; for example one said something to the affect: Which best describes the third stage of cardio training?

One answer was 86-90% and the other was 91-94%

I recommend the App NASM, the one this is mentioned in this post, By Upward Mobility, its only 6.99, and has over 400 question. I would sit on the toilet at work and use it on my phone...TMI I'm sure, but you get the point!

Anyway, I just got home and I'm hype that I killed this test, if anyone wants copy of the study guide that I used that is a little more detailed, it gives terms and topics to focus on, just inbox me and give me an email address and I will give you a copy of stuff I have. I also have test questions and quizzes for the E-teach program that I took as well.

Also, if anyone is thinking about it, the eTeach program that NASM offers is pretty good at getting you prepared. I really wanted to know this information and not just pass a test, so if you have the money, I would recommend it. But, if not, I understand!
    Last edited by RichPorter_1; 07-20-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by liangsc View Post
    ???????

I was using an expression meaning the test would be too easy if I told anymore.

Originally Posted by RichPorter_1 View Post
    Just took my test today and passed! As you know I didn't receive a score, since the results are only administered as Pass/Fail, but I did knock the test our in about 40 mins. I only marked 6 questions, these may have been the 20 "Practical" questions, but either way the test is nothing like any practice test I had taken.

My Advice is to Study! A lot of the questions were more about minor detail, that most will overlook, or think isn't the most important for the test.

I recommend the App NASM, the one mention in this post, its only 6.99, and has over 400 question. I would sit on the ****ter at work and use it on my phone...TMI I'm sure, but you get the point!

Anyway, I just got home and I'm hype I killed this test, if anyone wants a study guide that I used that is a little more detailed about terms and topics to focus on, just inbox me and give me an email address and I will give you a copy of stuff I have.
    Congratulations brother, that 400 question app is great I did the same.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichPorter_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's awesome 6.99 for that app is a steal in my opinion it was the most useful after reading the book. It really helped in zone-in on the material and prepare me for the test. HIGHLY recommended!

jarrodwhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good idea!

jburger89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xRibs View Post
    All of these were on my test also, so anyone else taking the test soon should at least recognize these.
    Any others that you may recall were on your test that weren't mentioned here? Thanks!

JBEfron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jburger89 View Post
    Any others that you may recall were on your test that weren't mentioned here? Thanks!
    Hey guys, I don't know if anyone is interested but I am actually selling a 65 page NASM CPT 4 study guide for really cheap and it helped me pass the exam the first time. Its a chapter-by-chapter breakdown of most of what you need to know for the test. Just shoot me an email to joshuaefron@yahoo if you are interested!

akdmx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RichPorter_1 View Post
    Just took my test today and passed! As you know I didn't receive a score, since the results are only administered as Pass/Fail, but I did knocked the test our in about 40 mins. I only marked 6 questions, these may have been the 20 "Practical" questions, but either way the test is nothing like any practice test I had taken. So if you think you know your **** just cause you got a good score on the practice test, DON'T BELIEVE THAT LIE!

My Advice is to Study! A lot of the questions were more about minor details, that most will overlook, or think isn't the most important for the test. And some of the answers are tricky; for example one said something to the affect: Which best describes the third stage of cardio training?

One answer was 86-90% and the other was 91-94%

I recommend the App NASM, the one this is mentioned in this post, By Upward Mobility, its only 6.99, and has over 400 question. I would sit on the toilet at work and use it on my phone...TMI I'm sure, but you get the point!

Anyway, I just got home and I'm hype that I killed this test, if anyone wants copy of the study guide that I used that is a little more detailed, it gives terms and topics to focus on, just inbox me and give me an email address and I will give you a copy of stuff I have. I also have test questions and quizzes for the E-teach program that I took as well.

Also, if anyone is thinking about it, the eTeach program that NASM offers is pretty good at getting you prepared. I really wanted to know this information and not just pass a test, so if you have the money, I would recommend it. But, if not, I understand!

Rich Porter is the man. He comes through. Hit him up if you need help

asamitchell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting my studying

Hi all, transitioning from Military to civilian life. Cant wait to be a personal trainer, spent my time in the navy training a lot of my friends. my proudest accomplishment is when I took a guy from 155-195 SOLID. It was amazing, and after that with how much appreciation he showed and how it changed his life (girls flock haha) I know this is the career for me. Here's my email, if anyone has ANY helpful study materials, id highly appreciate it!
    asamitchell@gmail.com

Originally Posted by asamitchell View Post
    Hi all, transitioning from Military to civilian life. Cant wait to be a personal trainer, spent my time in the navy training a lot of my friends. my proudest accomplishment is when I took a guy from 155-195 SOLID. It was amazing, and after that with how much appreciation he showed and how it changed his life (girls flock haha) I know this is the career for me. Here's my email, if anyone has ANY helpful study materials, id highly appreciate it!
    asamitchell@gmail.com
    With that attitude you will be great trainer. Good luck brother and thanks for your service to our country.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Was thinking about taking a Personal Fitness Workshop before my NASM test. Anyone have experience with these?

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    upward mobility has NASM study app for 6.99

is it worth it?

a review said that out of 400 questions maybe 10 were on the test

(which puts it up there with NASM online practice test)

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    upward mobility has NASM study app for 6.99

is it worth it?

a review said that out of 400 questions maybe 10 were on the test

(which puts it up there with NASM online practice test)

Its worth it 5 times over. It tells you WHY you got the question wrong in STUDY MODE and with 400 questions it will help you tremendously. Sure 50 of them arent on the test but it teachs you to think NASM.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

Originally Posted by Fims View Post
    Was thinking about taking a Personal Fitness Workshop before my NASM test. Anyone have experience with these?
    If its near you id do it without hesitation, evryone says they are great but none are near 500 miles of me.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its worth it 5 times over. It tells you WHY you got the question wrong in STUDY MODE and with 400 questions it will help you tremendously. Sure 50 of them arent on the test but it teachs you to think NASM.
    that person said 390 questions werent on the test

so why pay money for another online practice test?

Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    that person said 390 questions werent on the test

so why pay money for another online practice test?
    The EXACT question s werent on the rest but at least 100 discuss information directly on the test.
    It teachs you a ton as a whole with study mode, taking tests on it is useless though.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone know where i go to find out how long i have to take the test?? i know its 180 days but i cant remember when i bought the course lol

I think i bought it in may/june and I just started chapter 20, so i think ill be alright.just checking tho

Originally Posted by MillerDecaXC View Post
    Anyone know where i go to find out how long i have to take the test?? i know its 180 days but i cant remember when i bought the course lol

I think i bought it in may/june and I just started chapter 20, so i think ill be alright.just checking tho
    Login to the NASM learning center to see the expiration or call them.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Login to the NASM learning center to see the expiration or call them.
    alright awesome man thanks. im up to the last chapted and i havnt even logged onto that yet lol... are the practice tests and stuff helpful? im gonna use the online area to study after im all done with the book.

arlisss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tack on one more person you helped pass the NASM. Thanks.
    They gave it everything they had every single rep, every single set....for days, for weeks, for months, for years, for decades.- the BEST motivation(youtube)

Originally Posted by MillerDecaXC View Post
    alright awesome man thanks. im up to the last chapted and i havnt even logged onto that yet lol... are the practice tests and stuff helpful? im gonna use the online area to study after im all done with the book.

They are pretty helpful as it gets you in a NASM mimdset and warms you up. But they will not help you breeze by the real test as it is mostly different questions.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

Originally Posted by arlisss View Post
    Tack on one more person you helped pass the NASM. Thanks.

Awesome bro,

50 was a huge goal of mine and I am glad to have passed that.
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com

Get stronger every day DatdereCT's Avatar
    DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just got my CPR/AED for the NASM two days ago... I've been studying for about 2-3 months now, and all I have to do is pass the NASM. Anyone else planning on taking the test in September? I got a PT job lined up, just got to pass and become certified!
    NASM-CPT

Do not let anyone tell you that you cannot accomplish your goals.