Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by A.S.T.09 View Post
    But I don't have the money to keep buying food every week. That's the problem.
    Not trying to be mean here, but you didn't get to 260lbs avoiding food. Don't try to lose weight by avoiding it either. If you had the $$$ to get to 260lbs...surely you can afford to eat enough to lose it, unless we are missing something here. Good luck getting to your goals, everyone is just trying to help you avoid a crash.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A.S.T.09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    Not trying to be mean here, but you didn't get to 260lbs avoiding food. Don't try to lose weight by avoiding it either. If you had the $$$ to get to 260lbs...surely you can afford to eat enough to lose it, unless we are missing something here. Good luck getting to your goals, everyone is just trying to help you avoid a crash.
    I've been overweight basically from my childhood through my teenage years and now in my early 20s. A combination of that + not caring + eating whatever without any knowledge + lack of exercise is how I got here.

I guess I'll just get some ramen noodles until I can get the money to buy more healthier stuff. I have two jars of natural peanut butter, a couple bags of chicken breast + tenders, 5 cans of tuna, salmon patties, lunch meat, whole wheat bread, peanuts, almonds (those 100 calorie packs), celery, asparagus, eggplant, oranges. That's pretty much all I have in my fridge at the moment. The only thing I drink is water, probably 5-6 liters a day. I'm not avoiding food, but I can't eat that much in one day. It was easy for me to do that before when I wasn't tracking anything, but now that I am writing down everything it's hard; if that makes sense.

anthpresta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anthpresta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anthpresta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anthpresta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a little confused myself..

Now, I am supposed to reach 2400 calories a day, weighing at 173lbs...

I am looking to lose body fat, and become more lean and toned..

I am at 1200 calories with 115g of protein.

I am avoiding carbs because I am trying to lose body fat/become toned, I don't want mass.... yet

With that being said, how do I reach my daily intake of calories, while exceeding my protein measure.. By the looks of it, I won't be meeting my calories when I reach my protein..

How do I get to my daily calories? I mean, seems like my only calories are from protein/veggies. As soon as I hit my protein mark, I will be under my calorie mark..

Should I be eating carbs, even though I don't want bulk? Should I be eating fats?

cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    beef

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    New to this forum and just wanted to say I eat starchy carbs like white potatoes and stay lean but only after a workout or intense cardio session. Especially after weights you have about 2-3 hours to eat carbs and they will most likely be stored as muscle glycogen and not fat. Other than that I add healthy oil to my protein and veggie meals throughout the rest of the day. I prefer flaxseed oil, I add a tablespoon to each protein/veggie meal which is about 4 tablespoons a day equaling 480 extra calories. Plus I have always felt stronger on a healthy dose of fat intake.

peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by anthpresta View Post
    I am a little confused myself..

Now, I am supposed to reach 2400 calories a day, weighing at 173lbs...

I am looking to lose body fat, and become more lean and toned..

I am at 1200 calories with 115g of protein.

I am avoiding carbs because I am trying to lose body fat/become toned, I don't want mass.... yet

With that being said, how do I reach my daily intake of calories, while exceeding my protein measure.. By the looks of it, I won't be meeting my calories when I reach my protein..

How do I get to my daily calories? I mean, seems like my only calories are from protein/veggies. As soon as I hit my protein mark, I will be under my calorie mark..

Should I be eating carbs, even though I don't want bulk? Should I be eating fats?
    Carbs themselves don't make you fat. Dietary fats themselves don't make you fat. What makes you fat/gain weight is an excess of calories.

For more information:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...e-get-fat.html

Originally Posted by tyseagle View Post
    New to this forum and just wanted to say I eat starchy carbs like white potatoes and stay lean but only after a workout or intense cardio session. Especially after weights you have about 2-3 hours to eat carbs and they will most likely be stored as muscle glycogen and not fat. Other than that I add healthy oil to my protein and veggie meals throughout the rest of the day. I prefer flaxseed oil, I add a tablespoon to each protein/veggie meal which is about 4 tablespoons a day equaling 480 extra calories. Plus I have always felt stronger on a healthy dose of fat intake.
    No not really. Food choices don't make a person fat, but rather the excess consumption of calories.

Muscle glycogen isn't fully depleted unless you are an endurance athlete and/or went through prolonged fasting. That being said, starchy carbs can be eaten at anytime of the day, depending on preference. They won't get stored as fat unless you are eating an excess of calories.

All dietary fats are beneficial, each with their own special benefit, with the exception of synthetic trans-fatty acids. Even saturated fatty acids are beneficial:
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/135/12/2805.short
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/early/20...27725.abstract
    http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/297/9/969.full
    http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com.../11/1331.short
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post712053741
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post712053951
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post712054151
    Last edited by peteyboy1015; 08-16-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Goalie24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
    beef
    this.

Steelhead3686 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Would you like cheese on that

Cheese is good if you keep the fat down on the rest of your diet. Two ounces of most cheese will give you 211 calories, 17g fat, .4g carbs, and 14g of protein I snack on a couple of cheese sticks from a convenient store when I'm high on carbs and low on calories. Buy yourself an inexpensive block of cheese at your grocery store, weight out pieces by the ounce, and eat them as a snack.
    -Get busy living, or get busy dying-

elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000) elias1877 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm doing IF. Sticking to low-carbs because I've read some stories on here about people doing low-carbs and having great success. Plus, I don't eat carbs that much anyways. Today I had two pieces of whole wheat bread, 150 calories and 27 carbs, and it filled me up good.
    That wouldn't fill up a bird, how did that 'fill you up good' at 260 lbs?
    -Shrugs are my best friend-
    -Certified *******-
    -Misc Beard Crew-

bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigfag101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down troll

Originally Posted by jcwhs7 View Post
    trolll alert
    Could I put my cawk up your ass?

paddymaher90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

CBL (carbbackloading)

I'm doing IF. Sticking to low-carbs because I've read some stories on here about people doing low-carbs and having great success. Plus, I don't eat carbs that much anyways. Today I had two pieces of whole wheat bread, 150 calories and 27 carbs, and it filled me up good. Here's a breakdown of what I ate today (I woke up at about 5:30 and didn't eat anything until about 1pm)

Whole wheat bread, 2 pieces
    calories:150. fat:2g. carbs:27g. protein:7g

Steak Patty
    calories:230 | fats:15g | carbs:0g | protein:21g

Boiled (Large) Eggs, 2
    calories:140 | fat:10g | carbs:0 | protein:12g

Salmon Patty
    calories:130 | fat:7g | carbs:1g | protein:15g

Chicken breast
    calories:120 | fat:3 | carbs:0g | protein:22g

Chicken Tenders (8oz)
    calories:220 | fat:6g | carbs:0g | protein:44g

Protein Powder
    calories:140 | fat:2g | carbs:4g | protein:26g

CALORIES: 1130
    FATS: 42g
    CARBS: 32g
    PROTEIN: 125g

I still need to up my protein a bit, though.
    Hi, lots of replies to your issue and they all make sense. Im ultra low carb all day (morning until 5-6pm), thats 10g max during the day. My meals consist of whole-food protein fiber and fats (easily done with some forward planning). Following John Kiefer's CBL system for last 6 months. Ive moved from 74kgs to 85kgs in about 2-3 months very easily (BF 15%). This is the answer to all your problems, so check it out. ONLY works with resistance training, no other sporting activity.