Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MURDR View Post
    Well yeah, that would help, but I'd much rather work on my form than shoes I can't afford (college tuition).
    chuck taylors are like 30-40$
    you can't really fix not being in a flat, hard surface that barefoot/chuck taylors/fivefingers provide for you

MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100)
    I THINK I got it! I'm not sure, but I'll make a video sometime soon.

MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100)
    Okay, here it is. I leaned back a lot more than I usually do, and I think I got it, but I'm not sure...I'm not a beginner to weightlifting, but I was always taught deadlift wrong. Let me know.

EDIT: And I know my lockout and bringing it down were bad, but my main focus is before the lockout.

xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xNick22x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay, here it is. I leaned back a lot more than I usually do, and I think I got it, but I'm not sure...I'm not a beginner to weightlifting, but I was always taught deadlift wrong. Let me know.

EDIT: And I know my lockout and bringing it down were bad, but my main focus is before the lockout.
    wasn't too bad brah

now where my reps at

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I'm gonna be working out with my football team in August, and they workout in shoes, so I can't really do that, as I'll have to learn how to with shoes on. And how do you pull with your legs before your hips? My hips rise when I pull with my legs.

EDIT: Also, in that second video, was my back neutral or arched? I really can't tell.
    Try saving up for some chucks. It will help your form more than you think, trust me. Or at least some knock-off shoes from wal-mart with a non-compressible heel.

Your back seemed a bit curved. The thing is, your hips are rising first into a position where you're using almost entirely your lower back to pull the weight. Now, since your squat is so close to your deadlift I don't think it's a leg weakness. Rather, it's a result of the bar moving forward somewhat + being a high-hip puller (just the way you are built).

Edit: Yeah, the second video looked better. Now just get good shoes and you're good to go, IMO.
    Last edited by DanielBeauchamp; 06-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Deadlift form looks 1000x better.

Try deadlifting barefoot?

Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lots of people look at the wrong place when it comes to 'rounding your lower back'.

your back is still rounded nearer your ass. that needs to be tight or else you know what will happen.

for the time being put the weight at a height where you dont have that rounding of the back.
    stretch your lumbo/pelvic/hip complex extensively until you can DL safely of the ground again.

leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leode has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The best thing to try is taking that elastic band and at about chest high,in front of you, pull it outwards. This will curl back your shoulder blades. Keep doing that and your body will just get used to this motion.

If not try a wider grip, and make sure your grip is over and under (1 hand over one hand under) the bar. Maybe that will help?

Weight looks good, you seem to be in control of it, so that's not the problem..

Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    Deadlift form looks 1000x better.

Try deadlifting barefoot?
    Thanks. And actually, when I lean back like that, I can actually now reach down and grab it completely without my back rounding very badly. Hoping to improve my form from even that last video, but it definitely felt a lot better on my back.

I was struggling with 405 when I hurt my back, so I'm gonna work on my form and try it again and post one last form check vid (cause what good is form when you lose it at weights where bad form will hurt you?).

Thought I'd be able to get more with good form, but I couldn't even lift 410 off the ground without using my arms...oh well, guess I'll HAVE to drop the weight and gain strength in the muscles used in the deadlift (instead of good mornings, like my first video). Will be better though, as now I'll actually gain strength in those other supporting muscles now instead of jsut thinking I am.

Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Use your glutes more.
    Maxes at end of pyramid sets
    Dead: 405x5
    DB bench: 80x5
    ATG Squat: 315
    Chinups with 45lb weight: 6

6'-150lbs

Ruptured disk crew
    Herniated disk crew
    Still lifting crew

penorisbiggerthanmyagebrah
    Best brahname ever by zachbrah

Originally Posted by Josefff View Post
    Use your glutes more.
    I dunno how though...you mean once you get it past your knees or when lifting off the ground?

TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TeenageDreams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Learned a lot from this thread. Thanks.

Seraphiclol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NOW, BEFORE YOU COME TO ANY CONCLUSIONS, READ THE WHOLE THING, OR I'LL JUST IGNORE YOUR POST!

I'm having a problem keeping my back straight on deadlifts...the only way I can keep my back straight is if I grab the bar with just my fingers, instead of fully grasping it in my hands. It's almost like my arms aren't long enough, but I'm not sure. I'm 6'0" tall and fingertip to fingertip I have a 73" reach, so I dunno if that's what it is or not. I stretch my back every single day, but I just can't seem to get it down, and it's making it so I can't deadlift. It has nothing to do with the amount of weight, I am 100% sure on that part. Anyone else have this problem? I can't just never deadlift, as it is one of the most important lifts, but I know the different between soreness and pain. Any know?
    Not sure if someone already said this, too lazy to read all the comments.. But I watched your video.. Try dragging the bar up your shins, in other words your starting with the bar too far away from your body.. Try moving it close, so it's literally rubbing your shins as you pull it up. Should help! Btw, I know many guys who played football at Mount Union. Hope you're doing well man!

FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On your vid OP, is that the standard way to start a DL?
    Coach tells me i should start it ATG like i do in squats, makes it like 100x harder
    Tells me it works the glutes madly when i do

Seraphiclol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FawkkinnJOOCY View Post
    On your vid OP, is that the standard way to start a DL?
    Coach tells me i should start it ATG like i do in squats, makes it like 100x harder
    Tells me it works the glutes madly when i do
    Your coach is wrong.. Starting that low is very improper for deadlift. Squat properly for glutes. Deadlift is mostly for lower back.. Although it also strengthens the traps.

FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FawkkinnJOOCY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Seraphiclol View Post
    Your coach is wrong.. Starting that low is very improper for deadlift. Squat properly for glutes. Deadlift is mostly for lower back.. Although it also strengthens the traps.
    Thanks!

SupraShoes0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=MURDR;693306211]NOW, BEFORE YOU COME TO ANY CONCLUSIONS, READ THE WHOLE THING, OR I'LL JUST IGNORE YOUR POST!

I'm having a problem keeping my back straight on deadlifts...the only way I can keep my back straight is if I grab the bar with just my fingers, instead of fully grasping it in my hands. It's almost like my arms aren't long enough, but I'm not sure. I'm 6'0" tall and fingertip to fingertip I have a 73" reach, so I dunno if that's what it is or not. I stretch my back every single day, but I just can't seem to get it down, and it's making it so I can't deadlift. It has nothing to do with
    [url=http://www.cheapsuprashoes-sales.com/]Justin Bieber Supra[/url]
    [url=http://www.cheapsuprashoes-sales.com/]Bieber Supra[/url]
    [url=http://www.cheapsuprashoes-sales.com/]Supra Shoes[/url]
    [url=http://www.cheapsuprashoes-sales.com/supra-skytop-c-2.html]Supra Skytop[/url]

YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stick your chest out throughout the whole motion (this will help keep your back straight). When you go to grab the bar, you might seem abnormally low to Deadlift but this is where you want to be at the bottom of the rep....

What works for me..