Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

July 28TH 2011

Workout

I was still feeling yesterday today so I figured it would be a good chance for a slight deload and a form check video. The video was a bit of an eye-opener. At 125lbs I know I was squatting parallel, but at higher weight I think I've let my form slip. Any comments/tips/advice would be appreciated.

Food:

Hot cinnamon roll with custom baileys frosting and cinnamon buns B&Js

Incredible. Mixing a warm dessert and melty B&Js is my new favorite thing. Double mix-ins!

My New Bulking/Nutrition Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135055561

Anti SF/FF. Pro Real Food.

Christian Insulin Spiker raiku5's Avatar
    raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nordak View Post

july 28th 2011

workout

i was still feeling yesterday today so i figured it would be a good chance for a slight deload and a form check video. The video was a bit of an eye-opener. At 125lbs i know i was squatting parallel, but at higher weight i think i've let my form slip. Any comments/tips/advice would be appreciated.

Hot cinnamon roll with custom baileys frosting and cinnamon buns b&js

[]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yqd-eh5vouk/tjnycwtjggi/aaaaaaaaas4/f6rgt3wzt14/s800/img_7725.jpg
    incredible. Mixing a warm dessert and melty b&js is my new favorite thing. Double mix-ins]
    for sure!!!
    Yo well I decided i'm going to stay on this site and not say bye....why because I want to(and some people said to just lurk if I enjoy it and still post so I will because I enjoy it) :p I will give an update if asked so yeaaa

Overall Goal:200lbs 10%bf
    Short term:120lbs at whatever bf% lower than 16%
    What I want:To be taller haha
    Feel Free to send me pm's :p

hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NordAK View Post

July 28TH 2011

Workout

I was still feeling yesterday today so I figured it would be a good chance for a slight deload and a form check video. The video was a bit of an eye-opener. At 125lbs I know I was squatting parallel, but at higher weight I think I've let my form slip. Any comments/tips/advice would be appreciated.

You're not quite hitting parallel on your squats. The big problem I noticed is that your knees are moving forwards a good bit as you squat down. When you begin the descent, think about pushing back with your hips as far as you can and your knees will eventually bend with them.

If you have troubles sitting back I would recommend trying box squats.
    “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.” Frank A. Clark

"I dont care about big bowls of cereals, how much you ate, pics of what you ate, etc...lol...Im sorry I just don't. I care about PRs, mental strength, and drive." Manu (PBateman2)

“Do what you fear most and you control fear.” Tom Hopkins

NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NordAK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hheck50 View Post
    You're not quite hitting parallel on your squats. The big problem I noticed is that your knees are moving forwards a good bit as you squat down. When you begin the descent, think about pushing back with your hips as far as you can and your knees will eventually bend with them.

If you have troubles sitting back I would recommend trying box squats.
    Yeah... I notice that my knees are definitely traveling too far forward. During warm up sets at lower weight I'm much better at sitting back. I think that at working weight I'm just leaning and pushing my chest forward to compensate because I feel like I couldn't stand back up if I sat further down.

I think that means it's time for a deload... I just don't know by how much.

tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tofastforyou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey mate, just read through all of your log, and am very impressed with the atmosphere of the place in which you live. What is the name of the town or place you live?? cheers mate.

Originally Posted by tofastforyou View Post
    Hey mate, just read through all of your log, and am very impressed with the atmosphere of the place in which you live. What is the name of the town or place you live?? cheers mate.
    Juneau, Alaska. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In In In, amazing eating, amazing place to live....

btw, about the squat, read here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Lifts

keep going
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hheck50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let's get an update!
    “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.” Frank A. Clark

"I dont care about big bowls of cereals, how much you ate, pics of what you ate, etc...lol...Im sorry I just don't. I care about PRs, mental strength, and drive." Manu (PBateman2)

Let's get an update!
    I'm still here! Iv'e been working at a remote mine site for the last few weeks of summer so its been impossible to workout or log food. Iv'e been doing a lot of physical labor and surviving on greasy camp food. I have managed to make it to the gym a few times and my lifts are at least staying consistent. I'll be hitting the gym hard and getting back into logging when school starts again in early Sep! This winter will be great... I have a routine set and I finally understand how many calories I need to make gains.

raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raiku5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm still here! Iv'e been working at a remote mine site for the last few weeks of summer so its been impossible to workout or log food. Iv'e been doing a lot of physical labor and surviving on greasy camp food. I have managed to make it to the gym a few times and my lifts are at least staying consistent. I'll be hitting the gym hard and getting back into logging when school starts again in early Sep! This winter will be great... I have a routine set and I finally understand how many calories I need to make gains.
    Keep it up man!!!! Always rooting for ya!!
    Yo well I decided i'm going to stay on this site and not say bye....why because I want to(and some people said to just lurk if I enjoy it and still post so I will because I enjoy it) :p I will give an update if asked so yeaaa

sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've read your log and I'm interested in seeing how you go. You seem to be consuming a lot of food but not gaining much, which reminds me of some of my previous bulks. What's the latest?

Sep 14th 2011

Status Update

I'm back! Due to an amazing job oppertunity I was unable to fully dedicate myself to my bulk this summer and I didn't make the linear progress that I was hoping for. I did my best to make it to the gym whenever I could, averaging once or twice a week for the past 2 months or so. Now I'm back in school full time and now I can consistantly hit the gym and I have complete control over my diet. This summer was just the beginning... I learned that I need to eat a lot more than I thought to make progress... no more spinning my wheels at 2,500 cals/day. It's time to crack down and get serious. I'm ready to lift heavy, eat big, and grow!

Progress So Far

Spring 2011

Squats 5x5 - 60lbs
    Overhead Press 5x5 - 45lbs
    Deadlift 1x5 - 95lbs
    Weight: ~145

September 2011

Squats 5x5 - 170lbs
    Overhead Press 5x5 - 95 lbs
    Deadlift 1x5- 195lbs
    Bench Press - 110lbs
    Weight ~ 155lbs

Program: SL 5x5 outlined on page 1

Overall, I'm very happy with my strength gains. I havn't gained any visable fat as far as I can tell, buy my legs and ass have exploded and I actually am starting to develop something resembling lats. I know for sure that my legs are bigger because my waist still fits in my size 30 levi 501s, but they're way too tight around the quads. I never want to be able to fit into skinnypants again. Unfourtunatly I didn't take any pictures to compare for progress but here's what I look like now.

Still puny, but much better than before! Better pics will be posted.

Plan/Goals

3,000-3,500cals/day depending on how active I am. I'm going to continue on the SL 5x5 program until I can no longer make linear gains. I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks so I'm going to start off with a deload and focus on keeping good form. Form videos will be posted. No more cheating on squats.

Immediate Goals:
    200lb Squat
    150lb Bench
    250lb Deadlift
    1lb/week weight gain

Awesome! So glad your back! Kill it!

September 15th 2011

Workout

Squats 5x5 - 130lbs
    Overhead Press 5x5 - 85lbs
    Deadlift 1x5 - 150lbs
    Pullups 3x5(f)

I wasn't sure what to expect going back to the gym so I deloaded all my lifts by ~25%. Squats were still tough at 30lbs lighter when I focused on going below parallel. Iv'e read elsewhere that reducing volume to 3x3 or 3x5 on squats can help, I may try that if I stall getting back towards 170lb squats. OHP felt very light. I had a ton of energy at the end of my main workout so I did 3 sets of pullups to failure. I can only do 5 BW pullups... sad.

Cardio: 1h mountain biking

Food

Bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, and chocholate milk. None of that reduced fat stuff.

Smoked turkey breast with gravy, couscous seafood medly, spinach. Leftover gravy doesn't look to appetizing but it was delicious!

800cal dessert - B&Js cake batter and mini cinnamon rolls

Macros: 200+ protein ~3kcals

Sounds like a decent day in the gym! How goes life!

Legs are looking good! Glad to hear you're back. I am really struggling with overhead press. Got any tips?

Legs are looking good! Glad to hear you're back. I am really struggling with overhead press. Got any tips?
    I started from bar weight and added 5lbs a week to my OHP until about 70lbs, then I started to "stall" for the first time. I would get all 5 reps until the 4-5 set then I would get 3-4 reps before failure. I found that I was eventually able to progress by just keeping the weight the same but struggling as hard as I could to complete the last few reps. This was the strategy outlined in the SL 5x5 book.... try three consecutive workouts at the same weight, getting as many reps as possible. If you still can't do 5x5 then it might be time for a deload.

My 5rep max on OHP is 95lbs, but at that weight I started to lean back or push with my legs. Since Iv'e been away from the gym for a while I'm going to do a 25% deload on all my lifts, including OHP. Hopefully the deload will help me break through the plateau. If a deload doesn't work I might consider adding accessory work like weighted dips.

Maybe some more experienced lifters could chime in if you're lurking in my log somewhere!

Sounds like a decent day in the gym! How goes life!
    Life is great! I worked way too hard this summer so being back in school feels like a real break. I can't rave enough about how great lifting and gaining weight has been for me. Now that I eat enough I have so much more energy its incredible.

September 17th 2011

Workout

Squats 5x5 - 135lbs
    Bench Press 5x5 - 105lbs
    Upright Row 5x5 - 75lbs
    Pullups 3x5(f)

The deload seems to be going well. I can really get deep on my squats at lower weights. Benchpress seemed light, I'll probably jump back up to 115lbs next week.

Food

Busy day today so I didn't have time to snap many food pics. Unfourtunatly I had to get most of my protein from whey.

Pumpkin PB honey proatmeal topped with brown sugar

sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10) sepul^ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good to see you're back re-focused. Although the period over summer wasn't that fruitful in itself, I think you have learned a lot and it will lead to better gains from now on. As I'm sure you've realised, consistency is of utmost importance when trying to gain mass, and the strength foundation you've laid and experience with lifting will lead to better gains if you can keep that consistency there. Good luck.

Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Subbed. These eats look incredible. I'd love to have access to such fresh fish on a daily basis.

The dessert bowls look amazing with the B&J's combined with a hot solid dessert.

Keep up the good work!
    Check out my Ice Cream Review Blog: www.theicecreaminformant.com (Twitter: @CreamInformant)
    or my Fast Food/Takeout Review Blog: www.thefastfoodinformant.com (Twitter: @FFInformant)
    Come join the Ice Cream Discussion at ICI Forum! http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/

WHOLE PINT KILL CREW

swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Chadillac2000 View Post
    Subbed. These eats look incredible. I'd love to have access to such fresh fish on a daily basis.
    ^ This! I wish I had more money to buy more salmon, can easily eat a pound a meal! And the B&J! Yum! You have a really nice log going mate, subbed and repped for the pictures!
    Visit my YouTube channel for vlogs and more! Make sure to SUB and comment if you like what you see or just want to support me getting to my goals!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FawAN88

Also, check out my cutting log!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138077383

Originally Posted by sepul^ View Post
    Good to see you're back re-focused. Although the period over summer wasn't that fruitful in itself, I think you have learned a lot and it will lead to better gains from now on. As I'm sure you've realised, consistency is of utmost importance when trying to gain mass, and the strength foundation you've laid and experience with lifting will lead to better gains if you can keep that consistency there. Good luck.
    Aye, consistency is definitely important. I'm just glad that I was able to make the gains that I did instead of giving up and not lifting at all. Now is the perfect time for me to bulk. I have a consistent schedule with plenty of free time, and the weather is too ****ty for me to be distracted by any cardio.

The dessert bowls look amazing with the B&J's combined with a hot solid dessert.

Keep up the good work!
    Originally Posted by swedishsavant View Post
    ^ This! I wish I had more money to buy more salmon, can easily eat a pound a meal! And the B&J! Yum! You have a really nice log going mate, subbed and repped for the pictures!
    Iv'e seen how ridiculous the prices for fresh never-frozen Pacific salmon are in the stores down south so I know how lucky I am. Iv'e been building up a stock all summer long for my winter bulk!

How expensive is salmon in Sweden? Atlantic salmon is pretty good but I've heard that the population has collapsed so prices are really high.

September 20th 2011

Workout

Squats 5x5 - 140lbs
    OHP 5X5 - 85lbs
    Deadlift 1x5 - 175lbs
    Pullups 3x5(f)

Marching back up from my deload. Weights still seem light on all lifts. Lately my energy levels are through the roof and I sleep like a baby for 9 hours a night. Rainy and windy fall weather is kicking in so Iv'e been winding down my outdoor "cardio" and spending more time inside. Later this year I'll be getting into skiing again, so I want to work my legs as hard as I can in the next few months. Ah.. it feels good to be a student again.

Food

I felt like trying something new in the smoker so I bought an extremely cheap and fatty cut of beef from Costco and a loaf of bakery bread to make homemade French Dip sandwiches. The beef turned out pretty tough, but worked well for sandwich meat. I went on an hour-long quest to every store in town specifically to look for the new "Schweddy Balls" flavor of B&Js, but no one was carrying it yet. I settled for some store brand Rocky Road icecream. Terrible. Real B&Js is the only way to go.

Smoked eye of round with a simple rub

Homemade French Dip

Last edited by NordAK; 09-21-2011 at 03:56 PM.

swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swedishsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How expensive is salmon in Sweden? Atlantic salmon is pretty good but I've heard that the population has collapsed so prices are really high.
    Almost had a sudden cardiac arrest last weekend when I wanted to buy some salmon in the store 5 minutes away from me :/ They charged $28 per kilo (2.2 lbs) of frozen salmon, bastards! If you go to the supermarket which is located bout 30 minutes away with car it's not as steep though, you can get a kilo (2.2 lbs) of frozen salmon for $16. This is still expensive because chicken with brine (20% brine, 80% chicken) costs only $8/kg which is much more affordable as a student. If you want your salmon fresh you'll have to pay around $22/kg. You're on lucky bastard

As that isn't enough, one pint of B&J is $9-12 so I envy everyone who can get it for 1/3 of that! Them sandwiches look awesome btw, keep it up!
    Visit my YouTube channel for vlogs and more! Make sure to SUB and comment if you like what you see or just want to support me getting to my goals!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FawAN88

Also, check out my cutting log!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138077383

Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I went on an hour-long quest to every store in town specifically to look for the new "Schweddy Balls" flavor of B&Js, but no one was carrying it yet. I settled for some store brand Rocky Road icecream. Terrible. Real B&Js is the only way to go.
    That french dip looks great...I may have to go seek one of those out soon.

I ran across this last night while browsing the grocery store, you jealous?

Check out my Ice Cream Review Blog: www.theicecreaminformant.com (Twitter: @CreamInformant)
    or my Fast Food/Takeout Review Blog: www.thefastfoodinformant.com (Twitter: @FFInformant)
    Come join the Ice Cream Discussion at ICI Forum! http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/

WHOLE PINT KILL CREW

Originally Posted by swedishsavant View Post
    Almost had a sudden cardiac arrest last weekend when I wanted to buy some salmon in the store 5 minutes away from me :/ They charged $28 per kilo (2.2 lbs) of frozen salmon, bastards! If you go to the supermarket which is located bout 30 minutes away with car it's not as steep though, you can get a kilo (2.2 lbs) of frozen salmon for $16. This is still expensive because chicken with brine (20% brine, 80% chicken) costs only $8/kg which is much more affordable as a student. If you want your salmon fresh you'll have to pay around $22/kg. You're on lucky bastard

As that isn't enough, one pint of B&J is $9-12 so I envy everyone who can get it for 1/3 of that! Them sandwiches look awesome btw, keep it up!
    Ouch! It's crazy how much the price of groceries have gone up lately. Getting a decent diet down as a student can be tough... especially if you have to pay for all of your own groceries. If you ever see a deal on fresh salmon take it! I'll give you the perfect recipe.

Originally Posted by Chadillac2000 View Post
    That french dip looks great...I may have to go seek one of those out soon.

I ran across this last night while browsing the grocery store, you jealous?
    BRB calling store manager to demand they get that flavor in stock.

BRB calling store manager to demand they get that flavor in stock.
    You should. The fudge covered rum balls are so on point it hurts.

WHOLE PINT KILL CREW

September 21st 2011

Workout

Rest Day

Cardio: Indoor rock climbing: 2h

No soreness from the previous days workout so I was able to go rock climbing with some friends for fun. I have no idea what that activity would burn so I wont even try to estimate.

Food

I didn't have time to cook breakfast first thing in the morning, but I was starving so I settled on having a bacon maple bar donut. I bought it mostly for the novelty, but the sweet and salty combo was actually sorta good. I still can't imagine how some people eat stuff like that for breakfast EVERY morning, everyone else buying donuts at the counter was morbidly obese. For brunch I cooked made a 4 egg, 12oz of salmon omelette with pepperjack cheese. Absolutely amazing. 90/10 beef tacos for dinner to hit those macros.

This is why I'm fat

Before finishing in the broiler.

The spread.

September 20th 2011

Workout

Squats 5x5 - 140lbs
    Benchpress 5X5 - 105lbs
    Bent Over Rows 5x5 - 85lbs
    Pullups 3x5(f)

Cardio: None.

Food

Post-workout I went to my nieces first birthday party and had chicken enchiladas and a massive piece of strawberry cake. For dinner it was 12oz fresh coho salmon and veggies. I find it hard to estimate macros on things like cake so on days like this I just make sure to get my protein without worrying too much about cals. Assuming the birthday meal was ~1200 cals, which is conservative, I should have hit 3500 cals today.

Cheesy chicken enchiladas. Topped with sour cream and guac.

Strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting

Typical dinner

I know what you mean about difficulty in estimating calories and macronutrients in miscellaneous food items. With practice you can get quite good at estimating, though. Calibrate your estimations based on known quantities - check the label to see how close you were. Due to curiosity I've been doing this for quite a while and I'm usually pretty close (but, not always).