Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

is diet soda bad?

anyone got any good articles on diet soda?

Stay humble, not pathetic sailingpece's Avatar
    sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    water loaded with artificial sweetners...some may tell you its not "clean food", but thats just a relative term...others on the extreme end will tell you the artificial junk in it will eventually cause cancer, if that were true the FDA would have banned these substances long time ago...personally I use to take this stuff while cutting weight for my wrestling matches, kept me sane. So its your choice bro.
    Correlation does not imply causation. The Plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

When you believe in things you don't understand you suffer, superstition aint the way.

Lets Not talk about what COULD be, nor what WOULD be, but rather what really is.

I'm not an MD, nor am I a bro scientist.

anonymous
    fine in moderation. obviously a much better choice than regular soda.

nobody will advocate drinking 4 liters a day, but a can or two is alright.

brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ight thanks guys yeah i was thinking bout drinking like a can a day.

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brosephstalin1 View Post
    ight thanks guys yeah i was thinking bout drinking like a can a day.
    A can a day is more than fine. There is no scientific evidence that suggests aspartame will do you any harm when consumed in sane quantities.
    *Type O Negative Crew*
    Give Blood: http://www.redcrossblood.org/

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sailingpece View Post
    water loaded with artificial sweetners...some may tell you its not "clean food", but thats just a relative term...others on the extreme end will tell you the artificial junk in it will eventually cause cancer, if that were true the FDA would have banned these substances long time ago...personally I use to take this stuff while cutting weight for my wrestling matches, kept me sane. So its your choice bro.
    I am baffled. How is it that you make such solid posts here, but in the supplement section you make death threats/think optimen has good b-vitamin forms/make other random dumb and inflammatory comments?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    1. I love how 90% of people in the nutrition forum preach IIFYM, eat BEn n Jerry's/sugary cereal, yet there are freakouts about diet soda.

2. IMO, its better to drink diet and have more calories to consume more calories worth of quality food than drink regular and have calories going to pure sugar.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    fine in moderation, but overdoing it as with anything else will have adverse effects likely I'd imagine.

YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    1. I love how 90% of people in the nutrition forum preach IIFYM, eat BEn n Jerry's/sugary cereal, yet there are freakouts about diet soda.

2. IMO, its better to drink diet and have more calories to consume more calories worth of quality food than drink regular and have calories going to pure sugar.
    I don't really understand your first point, but the second seems spot on. Though I suppose if one were having trouble getting enough calories, and they had sufficient macro/micro & water intake, it would be an easy way to bring that number up.

Aspartame is perfectly safe, assuming you aren't drinking 600 to 1700 cans of diet soft drink at once. Here are some helpful posts with links to studies;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...23&postcount=7
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...3&postcount=11

Edit: Although people's intentions may be sound, "moderate intake" can have an agglomeration of interpretations. Moderate intake to someone could be extremely large to someone else - advocating moderate intake essentially means nothing.
    fluglotse

Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tulips is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

i drink diet soda daily about 2 to 4 glasses

sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    I am baffled. How is it that you make such solid posts here, but in the supplement section you make death threats/think optimen has good b-vitamin forms/make other random dumb and inflammatory comments?
    Well thanks for your appreciation, but I always review my posts for accuracy, whatever I post is either debatable or fact, no bro science in my posts brotha...The "death threats" ? If you're referring to my response of "I'll tear you apart" to your sarcastic remarks then I must reiterate that you are indeed more than just quite fragile, can't help you there pal.

in reference to what is bold in the above quote, there are no "forms" of b vitamins, just activity states...my "random dumb and inflammatory comments" suit your type, I aint one of those new guys on the forum of which you go around scavenger hunting for thinking you can get an easy good laugh from bud.
    Correlation does not imply causation. The Plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

When you believe in things you don't understand you suffer, superstition aint the way.

Lets Not talk about what COULD be, nor what WOULD be, but rather what really is.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well thanks for your appreciation, but I always review my posts for accuracy, whatever I post is either debatable or fact, no bro science in my posts brotha...The "death threats" ? If you're referring to my response of "I'll tear you apart" to your sarcastic remarks then I must reiterate that you are indeed more than just quite fragile, can't help you there pal.

in reference to what is bold in the above quote, there are no "forms" of b vitamins, just activity states...my "random dumb and inflammatory comments" suit your type, I aint one of those new guys on the forum of which you go around scavenger hunting for thinking you can get an easy good laugh from bud.
    LOL

FYI

the death threats had nothing to do with me, but rather STEELVEINS

please explain how cyanacobalamin in optimen, for instance, is preferable to methylcobalamin in orange triad

you have made plenty of dumb posts in the supplement section, and id be happy to pull them up

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    LOL

FYI

the death threats had nothing to do with me, but rather STEELVEINS

please explain how cyanacobalamin in optimen, for instance, is preferable to methylcobalamin in orange triad

you have made plenty of dumb posts in the supplement section, and id be happy to pull them up
    DOOD why are YOU so concerned about it then if it wasn't directed to you, just continues to show how even more fragile you are, or perhaps looking out for your boyfriend...I totally forgot about it cuz thats how much I care about little unresolved internet fights, will you be contempt if I got you a cookie ?

Back to your challenge.
    If your refering to the optic nerve damage caused by taking massive dosages of Cyanocobalamin(not cyanacobalamin), that's actually only been shown to be the case in smokers due to the higher levels of cyanide in their blood, and even the evidence for that is scarce.

Additionally, the evidence of various benefits resulting from taking methylcobalamin is incredibly con traversal...for example, one study proposed that individuals suffering from inconsisent sarcadian rhythms may benefit from taking massive dosages of methylcobalamin, the results were insignificant.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...indexed=google

Other proposed benefits, which also appear inconsistent in various studies include improvements in mental abilities of depressed patients, and those with Alzheimer's

Methylcobalamin can be used for treatment of lateral sclerosis, but I doubt anyone taking OT has that.

methylcobalamin does seem to be the form of vitmain B12 that the body uses directly, but Cyanocobalamin can easily be converted to methylcobalamin, all you need is there to be no cyanide surrounding the Cyanocobalamin (LOL)

More than happy to explain to your dumbass any other "dumb" posts
    Last edited by sailingpece; 05-30-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    make you bloat, and fart.
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) swole-striation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    diet soda can actually make you look drier

usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not so good for your teeth. I drank 1-2 sodas (diet) a day for almost a year. 4 cavities and a root canal. I rarely eat sugars, too. I also brush often and floss daily. Some are more resistant to the dissolution of the enamal, though.

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs

ight thanks everyone interesting articles. Im about to go pick up some diet orange soda! =D

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    None of my friends are into lifting or bodybuilding. Only one goes to the gym (and she is a fairly hot cheerleader, at that). So I'm always getting weird looks for drinking diet soda (the social idea that diet soda = on a diet/trying to lose weight). It helps to break the monotony of water and tea.

But yeah, one or two cans a day are just fine. Carbonated beverages, in general, when consumed in mass quantities on a regular basis can cause digestion issues, though. So there is definitely a limit that is recommended.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2-3 liters a day for me :O
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jenslyn17 View Post
    same here

addicted.

cutting down from 6 L though, so I've made progress.

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the false sugars shouldnt be a concern... but drinking lighter fluid should.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene_in_soft_drinks

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    , if that were true the FDA would have banned these substances long time ago...
    lmao.

Edit: not about diet soda, but the FDA is not something I count on to make sure everything is safe.

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    the false sugars shouldnt be a concern... but drinking lighter fluid should.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene_in_soft_drinks
    The amount found in softdrinks is generally not high enough to warrant concern. If you live in a major metro area, you'd have to drink many, many liters to even approach the quantity of VOCs you're exposed to simply by breathing.
    *Type O Negative Crew*
    Give Blood: http://www.redcrossblood.org/

im doing the anabolic diet and the can im holding says 0 carbs....it better be 0 carbs lol.

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by usawinston View Post
    Not so good for your teeth. I drank 1-2 sodas (diet) a day for almost a year. 4 cavities and a root canal. I rarely eat sugars, too. I also brush often and floss daily. Some are more resistant to the dissolution of the enamal, though.

Diet soda is worse for your teeth? WTF?

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can see by those hideous ab-shaped tumors on your stomach that this has affected you adversely.

not srs.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Originally Posted by KingOfChaos View Post
    I can see by those hideous ab-shaped tumors on your stomach that this has affected you adversely.

not srs.
    I lol'd after I read it 3x's. Yes, I am stupid.

Originally Posted by Ghosting View Post
    Diet soda is worse for your teeth? WTF?

Where you gargling the ones that had phosphoric acid and letting it sit on your teeth?

Originally Posted by IraHays View Post
    lmao.

Edit: not about diet soda, but the FDA is not something I count on to make sure everything is safe.
    The FDA gets a lot less credit than it deserves...Additionally aspartame is one of the most thoroughly tested food substance that the FDA has ever approved.
    Last edited by sailingpece; 05-30-2011 at 06:52 PM.