Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Diet Plan

jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    You don't keep your body "guessing" at the gym. Plz learn what progressive overload is, not some shocking the muscle routine..
    Ohhh... Thats what you were looking for. You wanted me to say "progressive overload".

I will make sure to do that next time. Then when you plateau, I guess altering the plan shouldn't be called "keeping the body guessing". I will say you need to "cycle your workouts" (The Periodization Principle), because your muscles will "Adapt" and become "Less responsive" to the training. So, we need to offer a different "stimuli" into the equation.

I hope that works for you.

Or... I could just say keep the body guessing, because 98% of the people on BB.com would know exactly what I mean. Except for you.

I will have to remember to use "Cumulonimbus" translations before posting from now on.
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jcolson View Post
    Ohhh... Thats what you were looking for. You wanted me to say "progressive overload".

I will make sure to do that next time. Then when you plateau, I guess altering the plan shouldn't be called "keeping the body guessing". I will say you need to "cycle your workouts" (The Periodization Principle), because your muscles will "Adapt" and become "Less responsive" to the training. So, we need to offer a different "stimuli" into the equation.

Or... I could just say keep the body guessing, because 98% of the people on BB.com would know exactly what I mean. Except for you.

I will have to remember to use "Cumulonimbus" translations before posting from now on.
    Why not just keep increasing the resistance on exercises?

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Okay there bro.
    Just a weight lifter

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    ^this. you don't need to "keep your body guessing". just make it work harder.

jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    After you hit a plateau? How do you just increase resistance if you cant lift it?

You cant keep increasing resistance if you have come to a plateau, right?

This is what I have found that works for me, when it comes to training. Then maybe we could get back on subject for the OP.

When I have been following a routine for a while, and have come to a plateau, it isn't as simple as just increasing resistance. Also, changing up the routine (workouts) may not even be enough. Instead, what I do is decrease the amount of weight that I am lifting on purpose. There are a few reasons I do this:

1. By decreasing weight, in the next few weeks following I can still use the progressive overload principle to increase weight each week. By the time I get the my previous plateau, I will bypass it. Its my way of getting a running start at it.

2. The decrease in weight gives me a small break in the heavier weight for a few weeks.

It works for me very well. But to sit there and keep trying to increase weight after getting to a plateau??? I don't see the logic. To keep trying something over and over again and getting the same result.
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.

Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    ^this. you don't need to "keep your body guessing". just make it work harder.
    I still don't see what you mean here. I don't just keep changing my routine every week. I use the progressive overload principle to my advantage. But after getting to the point where strength increases aren't happening, how do you just increase resistance? You would actually have to be getting stronger to increase resistance.

Cmon guys... This is crazy talk...

Any person that has been lifting for more than 6 months to a year knows what it is to hit that platuea, right?
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.

TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    THE KETO DIET DAVID PALUMBO DIET, A LOW-CARB DIET FOR PEOPLE WITH SLOW METABOLISMS

(This diet is low in calories, it's for people with very slow metabolisms, for endo-morphs)

This is my diet and routine:

BREAKFAST: (15 grams of fat. 200 calories)
    3 eggs
    a bit of vinegar
    half tea-spoon of salt
    3 packets of nutrasweet diet-sugar
    Blend all ingredients in juice-blender and pour into hot cooking frying pan, sprayed with cooking spray and cook like a regular pancake at low fire

LUNCH: (15 grams of fat. 600 calories)
    8 ounces to 9 ounces of cooked baked chicken
    A small serving of steamed cooked green vegetables (brocoli and green cabbage)

(Note: For the vegetables, you must buy 4 bags of 2 lbs. of frozen brocoli, you can find them in frozen vegetables section of supermarkets. Cook the 4 2 lb. bags with a cup or 2 of water, until they are steamed and dry. After they are steamed cooked, separate and divide them into 9 bowls. Each bowl will only have 16 grams of carbohydrates. This amount of carbohydrates is great, because you will get the other 5 grs. or 10 grams of carbohydrates from the trace amount of carbohydrates in whey protein powder, meats and eggs.)

(Note about the chicken: Try to cook 10 lbs. of chicken leg quarters and 1 whole chicken in the oven at the same time. When it's done put the oven cooked chicken in the freezer for about 3 to 4 hours until it's real hard. After it's a bit frozen and hard, cut it into pieces and store it in storage bags each weighing 8 oz to 9 oz (no more than 9 oz of cooked chicken for each storage bag. The 8 oz. to 9 oz. of chicken is cooked chicken. You must weigh by ounces the amount of chicken that you will every day. Weigh and measure the chicken by ounces in it's cooked form. You should buy one of the food balance gadgets that chefs use to measure food by grams, and ounces)

DINNER # 1 6 PM (200 calories)
    6 egg whites
    half tea-spoon of salt
    A little bit of egg-beaters to make it thicker
    1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
    Blend all ingredients in juice-blender and pour into hot cooking frying pan, sprayed with cooking spray and cook like a regular pancake at low fire

DINNER # 2 8 PM (15 grams of fats. 300 calories)
    3 eggs
    a bit of egg-beaters
    a bit of vinegar
    half tea-spoon of salt
    1 scoop of whey protein powder

TOTAL AMOUNT OF CALORIES: 1300 CALORIES TO 1500 CALORIES.

Note: Calories may vary because we might eat a bit of extra cheese, or extra meat or extra chicken between meals. Which would add an extra 200 calories a day to the planned 1300. So i made it real low on purpose, so that it might give you the option to eat a bit of meat, or ham between meals which would raise it to 1400 or 1500 or 1600 calories which is still low for the whole day.

THE EXERCISE ROUTINE (WEIGHT TRAINING AND FAST WALKING)
    (Do it best at 5PM, it will last about 1 hour. Rest about 2 to 5 minutes between sets)

FULL BODY WEIGHT-TRAINING WORKOUT (DO IT ON MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS)
    Bench Press 12-10-8-4-4
    Incline Bench Press 8-4-4
    Back Pull-Downs for back muscles 12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12
    Military Press behind neck for shoulders 10-6-6-6-6-6-6-6
    Squats for legs with barbell behind neck 15-10-8-8
    Leg-press 45 degrees machine 8-8-8
    Leg curls, for back of leg muscles 8-8-8
    Standing Calves Machine 15-15-15

AEROBIC ROUTINE: Walk or stationary-bicycle for 50 minutes on these days: Monday, tuesdays, wednesdays, friday, saturdays.

Originally Posted by Mocha100 View Post
    Is anyone out there around 180lbs and 11.7% BF that would show a samle of their diet?
    I have been tring to come up with one on my own but I just cant put it together.
    I ask for a little help, I would like to get down to 9%BF with out losing any more muscle.
    Thanks in advance...
    I AM A LEFTIST REALIST. AND ACCORDING TO MY REALISM, THE ONLY OPTION THAT MARXISTS HAVE IN 2012 IS RON PAUL. RON PAUL IS THE ONLY SOLUTION USA HAS FOR 2012. ALL LEFTISTS OF THE USA SHOULD SUPPORT RON PAUL. HE IS THE ONLY MESSIAH SAVIOUR USA HAS. WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS: RON PAUL OR DEATH. FOR MORE INFO ON THE COLLAPSE OF USA GO TO http://www.paulcraigroberts.org and http://www.informationclearinghouse.info !!

Sorry Mocha...

It gets to the point sometimes where you almost need to start a new thread. BB.com forums seem to attract a lot of people that just flip through the forums in order to find something to argue about, or make a point over. I guess progressive overload was what everyone wanted to talk about.
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.

Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I still don't see what you mean here. I don't just keep changing my routine every week. I use the progressive overload principle to my advantage. But after getting to the point where strength increases aren't happening, how do you just increase resistance? You would actually have to be getting stronger to increase resistance.

Cmon guys... This is crazy talk...

Any person that has been lifting for more than 6 months to a year knows what it is to hit that platuea, right?
    You decrease resistance. Use sub-maximal weight with more speed to compensate.

The list can go on.

Or we can just confuse the muscle, just like confusing our metabolism.
    Just a weight lifter

3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 3Ni is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are splitting hairs. You are not going to build and muscle nor maximize MPS in a caloric deficit. Fukc dude just KISS.
    for some reason i believe and trust Comul over everybody else..

You decrease resistance. Use sub-maximal weight with more speed to compensate.

The list can go on.

Or we can just confuse the muscle, just like confusing our metabolism.
    ^

So you call this confusing the muscle...? right? Isn't that about the same as saying "keeping it guessing"? I'm sure there are about a hundred ways to say it. But like it was said before, were splitting hairs.

Whats even more funny, is the fact that what you explained above is what I do to keep my body "guessing" when I hit a plateau. As you can see from my earlier post.
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.

^

So you call this confusing the muscle...? right? Isn't that about the same as saying "keeping it guessing"? I'm sure there are about a hundred ways to say it. But like it was said before, were splitting hairs.

Whats even more funny, is the fact that what you explained above is what I do to keep my body "guessing" when I hit a plateau. As you can see from my earlier post.
    No, you aren't keeping your body guessing.

T-nation got a hold of you hard
    Just a weight lifter

tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 3Ni View Post
    that's because he really is more knowledgable then everyone else, and if he isn't - he has been working at this longer than anyone else. his advice has helped me out quite a bit with my diet/exercise goals.

Originally Posted by tonytoo View Post
    that's because he really is more knowledgable then everyone else, and if he isn't - he has been working at this longer than anyone else. his advice has helped me out quite a bit with my diet/exercise goals.
    Glad my bluntness finally got to you

However experience and credentials don't always mean more knowledge. I have argued with a nurse and a teacher regarding nutrition and I held my ground strong and backed up my claims.
    Just a weight lifter

T-nation got a hold of you hard
    T Nation?

Seriously dude... You just don't like the terminology I used. Leave it alone. Rather than respond to anything I say, you just make little comments like "No, you aren't keeping your body guessing". Right after you said the same thing I said, but in different words.

I don't doubt you know what you are talking about, but it doesn't give you the right to go around acting like a dick, who likes to argue.
    Theres the difference between offering help, and telling someone that "T-Nation got a hold of you hard" to try to make a point about nothing at all. Where are you going with this. Do you want me to agree that it isn't called "keeping the body guessing". I thought I already made the correct "Cumulonimbus translation" for that. That way you could feel good about it, knowing that BB.com is headed in the right direction.

You are here to hear yourself talk, and bloat your 175lb ego, aye!

I'm sorta wondering what your next post will be: "no, its not called guessing", or,"T-Nation got a hold of you hard", or maybe if you REALLY dont know how to respond to what I am actually saying, you could say "okay there bro".

This is seriously funny!
    Last edited by jcolson; 06-08-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.

Yeap, gonna get hyoooge as a natural and single low digit BF%
    Just a weight lifter

Yeap, gonna get hyoooge as a natural and single low digit BF%
    Good. I hope you do well!
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.

Good. I hope you do well!
    sarcasm wasn't picking up?
    Just a weight lifter

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 3Ni View Post
    i do too, he has the rep points to prove it, and i follow his thread/blog
    Originally Posted by tonytoo View Post
    and he has helped me too.....
    Glad my bluntness finally got to you

However experience and credentials don't always mean more knowledge. I have argued with a nurse and a teacher regarding nutrition and I held my ground strong and backed up my claims.
    i believe it
    T Nation?

Seriously dude... You just don't like the terminology I used. Leave it alone. Rather than respond to anything I say, you just make little comments like "No, you aren't keeping your body guessing". Right after you said the same thing I said, but in different words.

I don't doubt you know what you are talking about, but it doesn't give you the right to go around acting like a dick, who likes to argue.
    Theres the difference between offering help, and telling someone that "T-Nation got a hold of you hard" to try to make a point about nothing at all. Where are you going with this. Do you want me to agree that it isn't called "keeping the body guessing". I thought I already made the correct "Cumulonimbus translation" for that. That way you could feel good about it, knowing that BB.com is headed in the right direction.

You are here to hear yourself talk, and bloat your 175lb ego, aye!

I'm sorta wondering what your next post will be: "no, its not called guessing", or,"T-Nation got a hold of you hard", or maybe if you REALLY dont know how to respond to what I am actually saying, you could say "okay there bro".

This is seriously funny!
    wow, thats some good gramar, good memory on each point that was previously said, if i recall.

paul, you did make some valid points......
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

No seriously... I don't want you to fail. I was just happy to see you didn't argue just to argue again.

I would say you might be able to gain about 10 more lbs of muscle on your frame.
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.

No seriously... I don't want you to fail. I was just happy to see you didn't argue just to argue again.

I would say you might be able to gain about 10 more lbs of muscle on your frame.
    I wasn't being serious, I was proving the fact that as a natural and at low bodyfat levels, you aren't going to expect anything heavier...
    Just a weight lifter

I wasn't being serious, I was proving the fact that as a natural and at low bodyfat levels, you aren't going to expect anything heavier...
    Oh... haha!

I didn't want to say anything to destroy any goals... Some dudes think they are actually gonna get hyoooge without AAS. At least you know what to expect.
    www.bodybioclinic.com

Drink MCT for Breakfast.