HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

any suggestions on good cheap dip stations?

just a basic cheap dip station that takes up a minimum amount of space, maybe with a pull up bar but nothing more, what are some good/cheap ones I should look into? thanks.

GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by HarleyRen View Post
    just a basic cheap dip station that takes up a minimum amount of space, maybe with a pull up bar but nothing more, what are some good/cheap ones I should look into? thanks.
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/se...earchSort=TRUE

Few decent ones there.

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From my experience, the cheap ones are a waste of money as they wobble too much. I found the best value for money is a wall mounted dip station. Doesn't move at all and can be bought for around $50.

GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by captainmorgan0 View Post
    From my experience, the cheap ones are a waste of money as they wobble too much. I found the best value for money is a wall mounted dip station. Doesn't move at all and can be bought for around $50.
    If they wobble put some 45's on each side to keep it stiff. Could also invest in two sandbags. Not a lot of people can have wall mounted dip bars.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    @ about 27 seconds....
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You could make something like these out of pipe for much less:

http://www.amazon.com/Lebert-Equaliz...6341327&sr=1-9

thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone try this? imgur . com/I1Grv
    I figure a piece of plywood sitting on the safties between one bar and the uprights would keep the bars from sliding apart. Just cut the bit off where you want to grip.

SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GruntFunk View Post
    If they wobble put some 45's on each side to keep it stiff. Could also invest in two sandbags. Not a lot of people can have wall mounted dip bars.
    That probably won't keep the cheap dip bars (power towers type) from wobbling. From my experience, those type tend to wobble from the multiple of joints and probably from the tubes being so thin rather than just from the feet. So even if the feet were planted firmly, the rest would still wobble back and forth from the weight of the person.

However, for something like the Body Solid dip station, if it were to wobble, your idea would probably work just fine. I don't have any experience with it but it seems like it would be a heck of a lot better than the power tower type dip station.

I've wondered how the wall mounted type dip stations are. I've only ever read one review on that type of dip station. The person stated that the dip handles weren't long enough and that they constantly bumped into the wall when using them. There is a member of the site that I think has them. I sent them a PM a while back but haven't received a reply.

Originally Posted by thatguyheis View Post
    Anyone try this? imgur . com/I1Grv
    I figure a piece of plywood sitting on the safties between one bar and the uprights would keep the bars from sliding apart. Just cut the bit off where you want to grip.
    I don't know what you have in mind but this seems to work. BTW, the pictures aren't mine.

thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ah, that's a good idea, I'd just need a 2nd set of hooks.

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The Body-Solid Dip Station has zero wobble.

quadzky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    The Body-Solid Dip Station has zero wobble.
    @ OP I ended up buying this off amazon, w/ free shipping and from all the reviews and what I heard, people are saying its a solid buy especially if you plan to do weighted dips.

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SDSammy View Post
    That probably won't keep the cheap dip bars (power towers type) from wobbling. From my experience, those type tend to wobble from the multiple of joints and probably from the tubes being so thin rather than just from the feet. So even if the feet were planted firmly, the rest would still wobble back and forth from the weight of the person.

However, for something like the Body Solid dip station, if it were to wobble, your idea would probably work just fine. I don't have any experience with it but it seems like it would be a heck of a lot better than the power tower type dip station.

I've wondered how the wall mounted type dip stations are. I've only ever read one review on that type of dip station. The person stated that the dip handles weren't long enough and that they constantly bumped into the wall when using them. There is a member of the site that I think has them. I sent them a PM a while back but haven't received a reply.
    I have wall mounted dip bars, mine also have pads on them so it doubles as a vertical knee raise. They don't move and are far enough out from the wall so I never hit the wall.