makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1month Bulk then 1 Month Cut?

Hi all, i just need some information and advice really,

Ive been trying to bulk for a few weeks now, however i was thinking about the following routine

July 17th im getting married so in preperation for that im thinking of Bulking with my current diet while doing Starting Strength Routine, and then starting 17th June i start cutting either by Keto diet or without keto.

While bulking now im only training 3 times per week doing SS and no cardio

While cutting i will introduce some cardio and do a hypertrophy routine (Layne norton) while reducing cals.

Previously ive had success with Keto while loosing fat and i managed to loose around 20lbs. I just need some advice if this will work or if it is a good idea.

My stats:

Height - 6' 1"
    Weight - 82.7Kg
    BF- 19%

Thanks all help appreciated and repped

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post

Ive been trying to bulk for a few weeks now, however i was thinking about the following routine

July 17th im getting married so in preperation for that im thinking of Bulking with my current diet while doing Starting Strength Routine, and then starting 17th June i start cutting either by Keto diet or without keto.

While cutting i will introduce some cardio and do a hypertrophy routine (Layne norton) while reducing cals.

Previously ive had success with Keto while loosing fat and i managed to loose around 20lbs. I just need some advice if this will work or if it is a good idea.

My stats:

Height - 6' 1"
    Weight - 82.7Kg
    BF- 19%

are you a just starting to lift or lift again? if so, you may actually be able to eat at maintenance or slight deficit and build a good amount of muscle/strength. if you wanna just bulk to make sure you gain muscle, then go ahead and eat slightly above maintenance to do so.

makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makemeslim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    are you a just starting to lift or lift again? if so, you may actually be able to eat at maintenance or slight deficit and build a good amount of muscle/strength. if you wanna just bulk to make sure you gain muscle, then go ahead and eat slightly above maintenance to do so.
    THanks for the reply, ive started lifting again, have good knoweldge of lifting. Its just the gains really that are left. Do you think i should continue to bulk on keto or a varied diet?

Thanks

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    THanks for the reply, ive started lifting again, have good knoweldge of lifting. Its just the gains really that are left. Do you think i should continue to bulk on keto or a varied diet?

Thanks
    it's up to you. you will gain good strength and some mass due to "muscle memory" since you are starting to lift again. your lifts should go up as you cut if you decide to. or you can simply bulk and gain the muscle then cut to make sure you make the gains you want.

met-enkephalinaholic Pridehurtsform's Avatar
    Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My stats:

Height - 6' 1"
    Weight - 82.7Kg
    BF- 19%

i'd personally skip the bulk till post summer. cut cut cut now. then following summer bulk bulk bulk. i tend to bulk 10 months out of the year, then cut 2.
    BS in molecular biochemistry
    NASM certified personal trainer
    bench: 315
    squat: 365
    deads: 415
    video thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162544341&p=1258712431#post1258712431

"it's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"