SanAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Build N.O. - Folic Acid?

Like many others here, I jumped on the bb.com brand whey for $25, which included Build N.O.

The label claims a Folic Acid content of ~ 10,000 mcg. While I understand that B vitamin megadoses are common and relatively safe, I have only seen B12 and B6 being so highly dosed.

I couldn't find much research on the topic, and the only consistent information I was able to get was: "High doses greater than 1000µg per day can mask a potential deficiency of B12"

Is there any reason I should be concerned with this?
    Thanks for your help!

ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SanAngel View Post
    Like many others here, I jumped on the bb.com brand whey for $25, which included Build N.O.

The label claims a Folic Acid content of ~ 10,000 mcg. While I understand that B vitamin megadoses are common and relatively safe, I have only seen B12 and B6 being so highly dosed.

I couldn't find much research on the topic, and the only consistent information I was able to get was: "High doses greater than 1000µg per day can mask a potential deficiency of B12"

Is there any reason I should be concerned with this?
    Thanks for your help!
    10,000 mcg is just 10mg....but I just looked it up and it is saying 400 MICROgrams is the recommended does. I am blown away. That is alot of Folic Acid lol.
    -----JMR-----

SanAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right, the UL is around 1 mg (1000mcg). I saw that there are cases for treatment purposes that require doses beyond the milligram range, but obviously not the same situation.

ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ja3r3dr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SanAngel View Post
    Right, the UL is around 1 mg (1000mcg). I saw that there are cases for treatment purposes that require doses beyond the milligram range, but obviously not the same situation.
    From what I have gathered, you can't really suffer from taking too much Folic Acid. Of course, too much of ANYTHING can be bad for you, but as long as you arent exceeding that 10mg a day, then you should be just fine.
    -----JMR-----

davidalayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anybody have any idea why they chose to include so much folate in the supplement? I haven't seen it anywhere else. Just curious.