Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    I don't recall exactly it's been awhile since I've used it now, but i'd probably pyramid up to 3-4 plates after all my other leg work. I perhaps exceeded it's limit but honestly it never occurred to me check the weight limit on a leg extension machine, I usually do pretty high reps too. I really think it had more to do with the olympic sleeve adapter always slipping off mid set and then you have all that loose movement of the plates hitting back and forth while slipping down onto that little skinny standard plate sized sleeve.
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    ^^^^ This may have caused your problem.

The sleeve adapter I bought (from Body Solid) has a recessed setscrew that holds it in place; I've never had to touch it since the machine was new. I've had it for ~10 years now, and although I don't use it all the time, have had 180 on it on many occasions with no issues. My wife uses the machine 3-4 times per week, but not with anywhere near the load that you and I use.
    I have the GLCE365, in part because I like Body-Solid gear and in part because both of you have this machine and like it (at least up until darkfact's problems surfaced). Do you leave plates on the machine when not in use? If yes, how much weight? Darkfact, have you tried getting a replacement part(s) from Fitness Factory/Body-Solid?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    I have the GLCE365, in part because I like Body-Solid gear and in part because both of you have this machine and like it (at least up until darkfact's problems surfaced). Do you leave plates on the machine when not in use? If yes, how much weight?
    I unload everything when I've finished my sets, but it's only because that's how I learned to train from my original mentor when I was a noob. From an equipment maintenance standpoint, I wouldn't have a problem leaving 180 on the machine.
    No brain, no gain.

You can't out-train bad nutrition.

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I unload everything when I've finished my sets, but it's only because that's how I learned to train from my original mentor when I was a noob. From an equipment maintenance standpoint, I wouldn't have a problem leaving 180 on the machine.
    I am appreciative of the clean work area approach, but a benefit of the home gym is to leave stuff pre-loaded.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I am appreciative of the clean work area approach, but a benefit of the home gym is to leave stuff pre-loaded.
    I agree; I'd actually go ahead and leave at least the 4, hundred-pounders on my LP all the time, but my wife uses the machine more often than I, and she can't use that much weight.
    No brain, no gain.

You can't out-train bad nutrition.

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the GLCE365, in part because I like Body-Solid gear and in part because both of you have this machine and like it (at least up until darkfact's problems surfaced). Do you leave plates on the machine when not in use? If yes, how much weight? Darkfact, have you tried getting a replacement part(s) from Fitness Factory/Body-Solid?
    I never left plates on it. I do know the problem came from the olympic adapter slipping off. I would screw that little screw down as tight as possible but it would never stay completely on, and over time I think it wore down some and would slip off faster and faster. It was nothing more than annoying having the plates clanking down onto the smaller diameter tube until the day it just gave out and on the bottom of the movement most the plates just slid off onto the floor lol. Perhaps my motion was too quick at time and that helped the screw to fail faster I have no idea.

I haven't tried to replace anything on it I really didn't have much time. It failed last summer pretty close to when our house sold, and our house sold 3 days after we listed it so there's was kind of a whirlwind of stuff happening and the whole machine ended up in storage with the rest of my gym before I could even figure out what I wanted to do with it.

Once the new house is finished I will probably decide if it's worth it to find a replacement part for the whole leg portion of the machine, or if I should just scrap it or try to give it away for free in it's current state. Even if I do get it working correctly again I will probably just sell it and save up for something I can rely on to last alot longer.

I agree; I'd actually go ahead and leave at least the 4, hundred-pounders on my LP all the time, but my wife uses the machine more often than I, and she can't use that much weight.
    Yeah I do the same and only with my leg press, I always leave a 100lber on each sleeve lol.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

I keep 300 pound of Yorks on my B-S leg press and 140 pounds on my B-S lat pulldown. I have had no issues with either.

PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been looking for a combo leg ext/curl bench for the last week. I almost had a chance to get a sitting curl unit from CL, but it went fast, so I'm glad you have this review. I'm sorry to hear of your experience, but from hearing from others, I think I will investigate getting this unit. I'm 6'3", so most of these home leg ext/leg curl machines don't fit me, but the fact this is adjustable may be just what I'm looking for. I also train HIT style, so I'll be doing slow and controlled movements anyway.

Again Darkfact, thanks for sharing!!

rfs8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

[QUOTE=RussAnderson;684028191]Hey DF scored one of these today and at a fraction of the price so extremely pleased about that. Yes a big difference from bench attachments and of course user friendly in setting a good fixed postition.Nice to throw a few 45lb plates on without the bench nose diving to the ground with you on it. tried a few sets of leg extensions nice solid well supported feel esp the oversized seat padding and rollers. I actually changed out a few rollers because the machine i bought wasn't new and some of the rollers lost there cushioning ie flat in the middle. also the covers i didn't like them so removed them as i like to feel the foam rollers sink into my shins feels more comfortable .Anyways lying leg curls the back rest does indeed lift up a fraction when using the lower handles. I can se how that would be distracting but im sure there's a solution just need to think it out over time. Again its the solid feel that really encourages overall performance on this machine. Will be great for me without having to constantly set up for extensions then remove and later set up for leg curls interrupting the flow of my leg training. All in all good machine and big step up from bench attachments ,i also went the same way with the preacher curl really helps keep your workout moving without interruptions.

Ps one other thing i will say is the covering on this is weird feels like a sticky rubber finish suppose that's to keep the grip when your positioned on it.

I think about buying one, but I already had an unfortunate experience of buying a product without having the real measurements and without the perspective images in profile. I would like to know if you have an image of it from the side and the height of the two towers (rear and front) that support the seat of the bench. I appreciate if you have this information.

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    holy thread bump