KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

High Intensity Training

I'm not talkin about interval training either!

Started High Intensity weight training a la Mike Mentzer about two months ago now, I had to drop some of my weights back as you have to complete each rep with a 4-2-4 cadence i.e. up in 4 seconds, hold at top for two and down in 4. Lots of supersets and pre-exhausting. I think is is incredible!!! I only train once a week, and the weight is going back up and the gains are coming steadily

Anyone on here doing or has done this type of training before?? Would like to hear of similar experiences...
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

"It is ok to fail, it is not ok to give up" - Ghandi

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you" - Neil Young

"Cíunas bothár cailín baínne" - Patrick Kavanagh

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KeeronMac View Post
    I'm not talkin about interval training either!

Started High Intensity weight training a la Mike Mentzer about two months ago now, I had to drop some of my weights back as you have to complete each rep with a 4-2-4 cadence i.e. up in 4 seconds, hold at top for two and down in 4. Lots of supersets and pre-exhausting. I think is is incredible!!! I only train once a week, and the weight is going back up and the gains are coming steadily

Anyone on here doing or has done this type of training before?? Would like to hear of similar experiences...
    I followed MM version of HIT. I did not care for the 4 second positive though. Felt really unnatural to me. I also believe that MM went a little overboard with the rest days in the end. I liked his programs more in the Heavy Duty I, over his later idea.

However, I did a lot of valuable information from him. Mainly about the 3 levels of muscular strength, rep tempo, and different tactics such as pre-exhausting, negatives, rest-pause, static holds, as well as keeping a detailed records of your lifts.

I follow more of a Yates' version of HIT. There is an excellent video series on this site. He suggests a faster, yet controlled, positive which felt much more natural to me.

But if you are making gains that is great!
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer

KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I too have learned a great deal from many of his books. Haven't got my hands on Heavy Duty 2 yet but I will in the foreseeable future.

Totally agree with the slow positive contractions, very unnatural. I quickly changed that to explosive on the way up and a slow controlled movement down, then explode back up again, again I seen Yates doing this in his Blood & Guts videos.

I do like the rest days tho, 8-9 days is a bit much but I still feel soreness in my muscles a good 4 days after training. And the whole thing about how when you aren't sore anymore your muscles have just recovered from the training and that they have not adapted really intrigued me!!
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Bumpity bump...

Come on, I know more people have tried it out!!
    ***Irish Misc Crew***