Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KyleREson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is fruit a fast burning carb, or slow?

I'm looking for a good snack in between meals and I've been eating nuts and fruit. I was wondering if this was a good idea because i am unsure if fruit is a fast or slow burning carb. Is fruit a fast or slow burning carb?

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KyleREson View Post
    I'm looking for a good snack in between meals and I've been eating nuts and fruit. I was wondering if this was a good idea because i am unsure if fruit is a fast or slow burning carb. Is fruit a fast or slow burning carb?
    Fruits are slow burning carbs, generally fruits are pretty juicy and it's difficult to get them to light up and burn with standard heat sources.
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just eat the fruit and stop worrying about the "speed" of the carb. It makes no difference to overall body composition. What does matter is overall caloric intake for body weight and macronutrient consumption for body composition. Please refer to the stickies for more info.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both. But who gives a shiit?

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take a variety of fruit and toss them in the fireplace. Record times it takes for each to burn.

(Maks sure you do it with adult supervision around)

jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm pretty sure fruit kind of melts actually. So this means eating fruit melts fat off your body right?
    Ya, I blog.
    http://absandicecream.com/

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jaklcrow/featured

********: go LIKE it!! http://www.********.com/Absandice

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jaklcrow View Post
    I'm pretty sure fruit kind of melts actually. So this means eating fruit melts fat off your body right?
    Well yes, basically.

Fruits are now zero points according to the new Weight Watcher's system, meaning you can get all of your daily carbs in from eating fruit @ zero calories.

Talk about a fat-burning secret!
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

KyleREson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shrederator View Post
    Well yes, basically.

Fruits are now zero points according to the new Weight Watcher's system, meaning you can get all of your daily carbs in from eating fruit @ zero calories.

Wow. Haha! Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I'll treat fruit as both slow and fast then, right? Good postworkout recovery, and between meals to keep my metabolism revved?

flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well yes, basically.

Well sh!t, ivebeendoinitwrong.org. I know some don't count cals from veggies so I'll stop counting them from fruit too. Brb, just bought 5 lb of avocado.

MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelodyMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KyleREson View Post
    Wow. Haha! Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I'll treat fruit as both slow and fast then, right? Good postworkout recovery, and between meals to keep my metabolism revved?
    inb4youmissthepoint...wait, too late.

Stop referring to the SPEED of food. It DOES NOT MATTER. Meal frequency is also a myth, no need to eat several times a day, it doesn't "rev up" your metabolism.

Edit: Please read the stickies. Do me the favor? Kthanks.

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    Take a variety of fruit and toss them in the fireplace. Record times it takes for each to burn.

I put bananas on the grill a few weeks ago, took forever to get black grill marks, lol.

The only reason I see that the digestion rate of the fruit would matter is for diabetics/hypoglycemics. I know personally, I can not eat "fast" digesting carbs pwo without some type of negative reaction.

If you do not have these type of issues, do not worry about it.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadpool9 View Post
    I put bananas on the grill a few weeks ago, took forever to get black grill marks, lol.

The only reason I see that the digestion rate of the fruit would matter is for diabetics/hypoglycemics. I know personally, I can not eat "fast" digesting carbs pwo without some type of negative reaction.

If you do not have these type of issues, do not worry about it.
    Grilled bananas sound interesting.

I have grilled peaches with brown sugar and eaten them with vanilla ice-cream. The outcome was magic.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Example:

Apple-Slow Burning carb, great for pre-workout

Banana-Fast burning, great post workout.
    Lee Priest for President

Great hair, decent ass otterakl's Avatar
    otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fretslayer View Post
    Example:

O boy...
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    -Mark Twain

Example:

Care to explain why?

jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Example:

lollyloll
    Ya, I blog.
    http://absandicecream.com/

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jaklcrow/featured

********: go LIKE it!! http://www.********.com/Absandice

Example:

Strong custom user status irony.

adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fruit in actual fact is less than ideal as a post work out carb source seeing as fructose refills liver glycogen primarily (yes I'm aware there are other sugars in fruit). To anyone in this thread confused: post work out nutrition is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Daily nutrition and hence hitting your macro nutrient goals whilst ensuring micro nutrient sufficiency will always be decisive with regards to body composition.

saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by flinkpoyd01 View Post
    Well sh!t, ivebeendoinitwrong.org. I know some don't count cals from veggies so I'll stop counting them from fruit too. Brb, just bought 5 lb of avocado.
    Dear god I can't believe no one has commented on this. The calories should really be counted in everything, especially fruit. Fruit can add up waaaay easier than vegetables can. Avocados especially have a lot of fat.

If you eat avocados without counting calories, you are running a big risk here IMO.

adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by saw7988 View Post
    Dear god I can't believe no one has commented on this. The calories should really be counted in everything, especially fruit. Fruit can add up waaaay easier than vegetables can. Avocados especially have a lot of fat.

If you eat avocados without counting calories, you are running a big risk here IMO.
    Your sarcasm detector needs a retune :P (if I'm wrong mine needs an overhaul)

Originally Posted by adean1989 View Post
    Your sarcasm detector needs a retune :P (if I'm wrong mine needs an overhaul)
    lol, I think your saracasm detector is just fine.

Well yes, basically.

Lol... repped.

Srs.

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I have grilled peaches with brown sugar and eaten them with vanilla ice-cream. The outcome was magic.
    Grilled fruits are excellent. That's pretty much the only useful thing to draw from this thread.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.

My 5/3/1 log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142349681

flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flinkpoyd01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm speechless. Guess ill start counting cals on everything then (srs).

(notsrs. getasenseofhumor.gif)

CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharlieBango will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fruits are slow burning carbs, generally fruits are pretty juicy and it's difficult to get them to light up and burn with standard heat sources.
    I entered this thread to post an identical statement.

Damn you, Shred... Damn you.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133486203

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

That sounds really good.

For the bananas, I split them longways and laid them on the grill with the peel still on, peel side up. I tried it without the peel and they fall all apart when you try to pick them up off the grill. I imagine they would be good with some honey and ice cream.

I will try your peach idea next time I fire the grill up.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

FitFreak88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitFreak88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitFreak88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitFreak88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitFreak88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitFreak88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitFreak88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitFreak88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Avocado is a fruit?? either way, I got to go to the grocery store and pick up a couple of watermelons

cplthibault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

respectfully disagree

Originally Posted by MelodyMaker View Post
    Just eat the fruit and stop worrying about the "speed" of the carb. It makes no difference to overall body composition. What does matter is overall caloric intake for body weight and macronutrient consumption for body composition. Please refer to the stickies for more info.
    The speed of the carb burn is absolulty important and calorie counting has proven to be less effective when trying to achieve lean body mass. Depending on the level of activity as well as what your trying to achieve calorie requirments vary drastically. not to mention that you can achieve the same amount of calories from a McDonald's big mac as a you can a healthy chicken breast dinner which would you argue is healthier? The chicken dinner served with leafy greens and a side of beans contains a high number of complex carbohydrates AKA slow burning which will keep you full for longer and provide a consitant blood sugar level (no spike in insuline will result in less of the carbohydrates being stored as fat as well) aka a consistant level of energy. To answer the original question it depends on the fruit, the majority of fruit is high in fiber making the carbohydrates complex A.K.A slow burning however some fruits are faster burning such as bananas (high in protein though so also beneficial depending on the situation). hope this helped.
    5'11"
    179 lbs
    hexapro protein
    mega man sport vita pack
    favorite place in the world...
    THE GYM.

When a man makes health his life then his payment is life itself.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    im assuming watermelon wouldnt burn for long
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bwa hahahaha now thats funny.
    If I can do it, you can do it! Now get up and do something! IT'S GO TIME!

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Want to know more about Hellraiser Training?

Check out the forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=573

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html