michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000)

Why do I yawn so much when working out?

I yawn a lot when working out. Especially during cardio. I think the spin class purposely saves me a bike in a space which doesn't have a reflection in the mirror, just so the other participants don't start yawning with me. lol

But, seriously... what's up with that? Thinking it's a deep breathing issue, I've started to take a few minutes in advance of exercising, to take slow and deep breaths.

Do you think this is just another adjustment my body is making, since I've only recently started to workout again (after over a decade of not doing so) ~ or is this somethig I should bring to the attention of my doctor?
    Don't "take care".... take RISKS!

Courage doesn't mean you have no fear, but rather that you've chosen not to allow your fear to paralyze you.

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." -Steve Smith

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you are prob not breathing properly/ deep enough.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I remember being subjected to this kind of treatment (not from you lol). I'm pretty sure it was from doing cardio every day followed by weights, then more cardio (that is day after day of it). I also drink coffee forehand, that seems to loosen up the muscle stiffness and maybe numbs the nerves.

That is I was doing this day after day, where I think it just caught up with my body. Come time for weights and Euphoria soared.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skier12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    5 hour energy helps lol

Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oz_Dude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol i was about to post the exact some topic today haha. Every time i have a work out which involves heavy compound work (squats and deadlifts) mainly i start yawning. I am not tired or anything which is the weird thing but i just yawn for some reason haha. Doesnt really effect me in anyway but thought it was abit weird...

michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Oz_Dude View Post
    Lol i was about to post the exact some topic today haha. Every time i have a work out which involves heavy compound work (squats and deadlifts) mainly i start yawning. I am not tired or anything which is the weird thing but i just yawn for some reason haha. Doesnt really effect me in anyway but thought it was abit weird...
    I've been researching this topic tonight and the bottom line is: No one is really sure why we yawn at all, let alone when we are exercising. Here is an article from Prevention, which is a magazine I respect, that offers a few theories. I think it's most likely a response to stress that we are putting on our bodies.

http://www.prevention.com/health/fit...0012281eac____

Since I have only recently changed from a more sedentary lifestyle to consistantly workingout, I am noticing all sorts of reactions in my body. But most of them are getting better, like soreness, stiffness, and tingling in my limbs when raising high or holding a stretch (at first, they'd "fall asleep" way too easily). I believe the yawning will too, as my system adapts to all the stresses I am putting on my body.

Courage doesn't mean you have no fear, but rather that you've chosen not to allow your fear to paralyze you.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    I remember being subjected to this kind of treatment (not from you lol). I'm pretty sure it was from doing cardio every day followed by weights, then more cardio (that is day after day of it). I also drink coffee forehand, that seems to loosen up the muscle stiffness and maybe numbs the nerves.

That is I was doing this day after day, where I think it just caught up with my body. Come time for weights and Euphoria soared.
    Yep, I understand what you're stating here. I take OxyElite, which has a ton of caffeine. But, what you wrote regarding your workout routine makes me really think it's a response to the stimulation/stress on the body. In fact, it's probably accentuated by the caffeine intake. If that's the case, it's just an annoyance that will improve as the body adapts to that level of fitness.

If over time it doesn't improve, then it may be a good idea to mention it at the next annual medical check up.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by michellerb View Post
    Yep, I understand what you're stating here. I take OxyElite, which has a ton of caffeine. But, what you wrote regarding your workout routine makes me really think it's a response to the stimulation/stress on the body. In fact, it's probably accentuated by the caffeine intake. If that's the case, it's just an annoyance that will improve as the body adapts to that level of fitness.

If over time it doesn't improve, then it may be a good idea to mention it at the next annual medical check up.
    The thing is, I think the caffeine helps me get through the workout easier. Yawning happens when the body's oxygen intake has reach a degree of level (either need of it due to decrease, or from response of endorphin accumulation in the brain). Working out also requires oxygen to be transfered to the muscles, so I can somewhat see a connection here if caffein might raise oxygen insulation for the muscles. It'd be nice if someone here knows the science of oxygen.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    it can also occur if there is lack of oxygen in gym, that is usually the main reason.
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Podcast 24/7 Crew
    Conspiracy Crew

grl85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up I yawn during work outs too!

I yawn during periods of exertion as well, i have for as long as i can remember. There are many theories as to why we yawn, but some that make sense as to why we do during out work outs are, low oxygen levels and its a mechanism for the brain to cool its self. It's nothing to worry about at all. I would bike ride for 8-16 miles in high school in the AZ heat and this is when I first noticed it. 10 years later I run lift and do cardio all while occasionally yawning now when it happens I just think "op I needed more air." Or "better take a sip of water."
    gwen <3

amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amills2015 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Happens to me all the time and I've been weight lifting for a number of years.

I have a slight asthma where I don't exchange out CO2 of my lungs and my oxygen intake doesn't transfer into my body too well cause of it. So when I take deep breaths the intake of oxygen gets wasted cause my co2 is hanging around wrong. Don't quite understand it too much but it was what my doc was explaining to me.

I yawn all the time, more so at the gym. I gotta believe it has something to do with trying to get more oxygen into the body. The theory when tired is you're so tired/relaxed you don't breath effectively.
    ****s