Closed Thread
    optimaljam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How to lose belly fat and gain muscle?

ok well my height is 5'7, I'm 210lb and I'm 21 years old.

about 4 days ago I felt like losing weight I just got tried of being fat and feeling tried all the time so i'm doing something about it. I went to GNC and bought a 7 day fast loss kit so I could clean my body of toxins, bought MEGA MEN energy & metabolism(which help me feel energized), and oxyeleite pro(which i havent took yet because the guy at GNC said to do the cleanse first), and also joined a gym.

so its been four day in the cleanse and I've been to the gym about 4 times for at least an 1hr to 1hr and 30min. all four days went on the treadmill, stationaty bike, eliptical. two days went on some weight lift machine.

How do I lose weight faster and gain muscle? I also want abs. So what foods should I eat?

Before I started this I kept gaining weight and eating taco bell. (I work there. XP)
    Last edited by optimaljam; 04-29-2011 at 10:15 PM.

morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First find out what your maintenance caloric intake should be daily and then eat around 500 less calories of that per day. It should equal out to around 2 pounds lost per week which is a normal and healthy way to lose weight. If you lose weight too fast, you get loose skin and/or end up skinny-fat which is undesirable by many people as it just looks... alien.

Make sure you're going heavy weight when lifting. Heavy meaning you can only bust out 6 to 8 GOOD FORM reps until failure. You'll build muscle in order to burn calories all day long instead of just while you're doing cardio.

Avoid trying to perfect supplementation in the beginning. Fix your eating habits and find a proper workout routine, then you can experiment with the vast array of supplements that are out there.

There is no way to lose weight "fast" unless you want to just starve yourself and look horrible afterwards. Have patience, eat right and keep a consistent workout. You'll hit your goals eventually. Additionally, sculpting your body is a life long change. Make the necessary adjustments in your daily routine to be sure healthy is on your mind consistently.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

MyFitnessPal ID: morrikj <-- ADD ME!

October 2010 - 350 lbs <-- THE OLD ME... NEVER GOING BACK!

New addiction: Kick Boxing

Starting weight as of 1/3/16: 223.9 lbs (weigh ins every Sunday)

1/10: 222.9 lbs

Originally Posted by morrikj777 View Post
    First find out what your maintenance caloric intake should be daily and then eat around 500 less calories of that per day. It should equal out to around 2 pounds lost per week which is a normal and healthy way to lose weight. If you lose weight too fast, you get loose skin and/or end up skinny-fat which is undesirable by many people as it just looks... alien.

Make sure you're going heavy weight when lifting. Heavy meaning you can only bust out 6 to 8 GOOD FORM reps until failure. You'll build muscle in order to burn calories all day long instead of just while you're doing cardio.

Avoid trying to perfect supplementation in the beginning. Fix your eating habits and find a proper workout routine, then you can experiment with the vast array of supplements that are out there.

There is no way to lose weight "fast" unless you want to just starve yourself and look horrible afterwards. Have patience, eat right and keep a consistent workout. You'll hit your goals eventually. Additionally, sculpting your body is a life long change. Make the necessary adjustments in your daily routine to be sure healthy is on your mind consistently.
    Thanks for the great information. I just went to a calorie calculator website and it said that my maintenance caloric intake is 2865 cals a day so I should eat 2365 cals a day. What kinds of food should and eat? Should I eat fat, protien, fiber so i can lose weight and gain muscle? Should I just work only on weights and not cardio? or both? also I'm pretty sure im going to work out
    at least 5 days a week.. Are ther any specific workouts that I should do each day?

naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by optimaljam View Post
    ok well i'm 5'7 210lb and 21

about 4 days ago I felt like losing weight I just got tried of being fat and feeling tried all the time so i'm doing something about it. I went to GNC and bought a 7 day fast loss kit so I could clean my body of toxins, bought MEGA MEN energy & metabolism(which help me feel energized), and oxyeleite pro(which i havent took yet because the guy at GNC said to do the cleanse first), and also joined a gym.

so its been four day in the cleanse and I've been to the gym about 4 times for at least an 1hr to 1hr and 30min. all four days went on the treadmill, stationaty bike, eliptical. two days went on some weight lift machine.

How do I lose weight faster and gain muscle? I also want abs. So what foods should I eat?

Before I started this I kept gaining weight and eating taco bell. (I work there. XP)

I have seen this exact post before...... show yourself troll

morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the great information. I just went to a calorie calculator website and it said that my maintenance caloric intake is 2865 cals a day so I should eat 2365 cals a day. What kinds of food should and eat? Should I eat fat, protien, fiber so i can lose weight and gain muscle? Should I just work only on weights and not cardio? or both? also I'm pretty sure im going to work out
    at least 5 days a week.. Are ther any specific workouts that I should do each day?
    I don't know what your height and weight are, but that sounds accurate enough. Generally speaking, most average people can get away with 2000 calories per day and lose weight properly.

Foods? Technically you can eat whatever you wanted as long as the total amount consumed was under your daily caloric maintenance. I wouldn't recommend Taco Bell. I think like one taco is about 350 calories. I can get that many calories with a chicken patty burger, two slices of wheat sprouted bread, mustard and some arugula while feeling much more satisfied and getting a bunch of protein to boot.

Generalized healthy food list:

- Fish
    - Skinless chicken
    - Lentils (beans)
    - Oats
    - Vegetables
    - Fruits
    - Whole grains
    - Teas, green tea above everything else
    - Low fat or non-fat milk
    - Water, lots and lots of water

You can find a workout here on this site, but in order to maximize you're results you'll want to workout a major muscle group on one day, then rest that particular group for at least 48 hours. Example: Work on your back, then go to legs the next day, core the following day and then you should either rest or you can do back again. You'll want to give your body adequate rest in order to repair that area otherwise you're just hurting yourself by over-training a specific area.

My workout routine is the following:

- Day 1: Chest
    - Day 2: Legs
    - Day 3: Arms/Shoulders
    - Day 4: Rest
    - Day 5: Back
    - Day 6: Core
    - Day 7: Either rest or cardio only

Hope that helps you out. Make sure to read as much as you can on this site. It's loaded with an abundance of information that can bring your goals into reality. Be a proverbial sponge and soak up all the information.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

MyFitnessPal ID: morrikj <-- ADD ME!

October 2010 - 350 lbs <-- THE OLD ME... NEVER GOING BACK!

New addiction: Kick Boxing

Starting weight as of 1/3/16: 223.9 lbs (weigh ins every Sunday)

1/10: 222.9 lbs

Originally Posted by naija2atl View Post
    I have seen this exact post before...... show yourself troll
    well I also post this in a diffent website but noone was helping me like this website is.

I don't know what your height and weight are, but that sounds accurate enough. Generally speaking, most average people can get away with 2000 calories per day and lose weight properly.

Foods? Technically you can eat whatever you wanted as long as the total amount consumed was under your daily caloric maintenance. I wouldn't recommend Taco Bell. I think like one taco is about 350 calories. I can get that many calories with a chicken patty burger, two slices of wheat sprouted bread, mustard and some arugula while feeling much more satisfied and getting a bunch of protein to boot.

Generalized healthy food list:

- Fish
    - Skinless chicken
    - Lentils (beans)
    - Oats
    - Vegetables
    - Fruits
    - Whole grains
    - Teas, green tea above everything else
    - Low fat or non-fat milk
    - Water, lots and lots of water

You can find a workout here on this site, but in order to maximize you're results you'll want to workout a major muscle group on one day, then rest that particular group for at least 48 hours. Example: Work on your back, then go to legs the next day, core the following day and then you should either rest or you can do back again. You'll want to give your body adequate rest in order to repair that area otherwise you're just hurting yourself by over-training a specific area.

My workout routine is the following:

- Day 1: Chest
    - Day 2: Legs
    - Day 3: Arms/Shoulders
    - Day 4: Rest
    - Day 5: Back
    - Day 6: Core
    - Day 7: Either rest or cardio only

Hope that helps you out. Make sure to read as much as you can on this site. It's loaded with an abundance of information that can bring your goals into reality. Be a proverbial sponge and soak up all the information.
    Wow thanks alot really i'm so ready to do this also i put my info up there so u can see my height, weight, and age. also now the only thing I eat at taco bell is chicken soft tacos with fiesca which is only 180 cal. XD but ill soak up as much as I can and post here what my work out should be.

alright heres my list, can anyone see if its alright and if i need to change anything? and to let you know i'm fat right now not buff at all mostly in my stomach and leg area.

eat 2385 cals a day try to eat 6 meals a day 2-3 hours wait time.

First ten mins of cardio
    After workout 40 min of cardio

Workour routine

Day 1: Quads and Hamstrings

Leg extensions 3x10
    Front squats 3x10 (makes you stronger in other areas)
    regular squats 4x10
    leg press 4x10

straight-leg deadlifts 3x10
    leg curls 3x10
    standing leg curls 3x10

Day 2: Chest and tri

Incline dumbell press 3x8
    Bench press 12,10,8,6,4 (go up each set)
    Weighted dips 3x8
    Fly machine 3x8
    cable cross-overs 3x8 (do them high or low for whichever part of your chest you think that is lagging)

Standing Overhead Barbell Triceps Extension 3x8
    triceps pulldowns 3x8

Day 3: Back and bi's

pull-ups 4x10
    bentover rows 4x8
    seated close grip rows 3x8
    seated one arm rows on machine 3x8

standing curls 3x8
    incline curls 3x8

Day 4: shoulders and traps

military or arnold press 3x8
    front dumbell raises 3x8
    side dumbell raises 3x8

upright rows 3x8
    standing dumbell laterals 3x8
    shrugs 4x10 (as heavy as you can go)

Day 5: bi's, tri's and calves

close grip bench 3x8
    Standing Overhead Barbell Triceps Extension 3x8
    pushdowns 3x8
    dip machine 3x10

standing curls 3x8
    preacher curls 10,8,6,4
    incline curls 3x8

standing calf raises 4x as many as I can
    seated calf raises 3x8
    calf raise on leg press 3x8

clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clarkjk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You should Eat meals high in protein within an hour on each end of your workout. .8 x your body weight with about 30-40 grams book-casing your workout. carbs are a lot more neceisary than you think as long as you eat them at the right time. Complex carbs early in the morning that will fuel your body the whole day and simple carbs that come from sugars like apples, and vegitables right after your workout. Working out large muscle groups will far outreach cardio if you are wanting to build and lose fat. Your Muscles are your metabolism. as the grow in size they require more calories to survive. To get their needs, they burn fat. So if you workout your legs and back doing squats and leg presses, you'll see a reduction in body fat %.

As far as workouts- you can do complimenting or single muscle groups each day.

Mine is as follows:
    Monday- Back then biceps Heavy, abs
    Tuesday- Chest then Triceps Heavy
    Wednesday-Delts then heavy, abs
    Thursday- Back then biceps (light), abs
    Friday- Traps then lats (light)
    Saturday- Legs- heavy , triceps (light)
    Sunday rest

I always do 5 sets of 5 but on light days i am going more for quick and light.

If you are more concerned about losing weight and toning your body try 4 sets of 8 or 3 sets of 10-12

bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bharath1507 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

is cardio required

While building musle and burning fat at the same time,is cardio required?will it prevent muscle growth.do you recomend

Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jayromes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can't!
    Work the mind like you do the body .. READ EVERYDAY !!! "The more you learn the more you earn" - Warren Buffet]

INSTAGRAM: Jgotbody
    SNAPCHAT: Jgotbody

636rr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jayromes View Post
    You can't!
    From what i understand. YOU cant.

People living a mostly sedentary lifestyle, and switching into a workout/healthy eating diet, can show muscle gain and fat loss at the same time. People who already have a decent amount of muscle and lower bf% cant. eventually it will stall out and a bulk is required to continue.

A few years ago i experienced the same thing. Unfortunatly i didnt keep on going and i lost it all and gained my weight back. Currently working on correcting my lifestyle again. hopefully for good this time.

Registered User SubWooferCooker's Avatar
    SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Belly fat is like a stray cat. Stop feeding it and it'll go away.

FFJohn5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wrote about 25 minutes worth of typing and I lost it somewhere on the Internet because it wouldn't let me post so I'm gonna keep it simple.

We are exactly the same pretty much, I'm a inch taller and I weighed 218.8 as of 01/06 now I'm down to 209 as of yesterday's weigh in just by eating HEALTHTY, letting my foods digest before I go to sleep and eating less than my daily calorie limit which is 1,760. Increase your water intake, do not drink sodas etc. Water water water, tea.

We even live in the same state and are the same age it's ironic.

Download the app myfitnesspal that will be your personal best friend everything that goes into my mouth i put on there minus water. It takes a little while to get used to but now I love and breathe myfitnesspal.

I have not went to the gym once, I don't plan on going to the gym until I'm down about 30 pounds in total, I'm just shy of 10 now. There are so many stories on here of people our weight that lost over 40-50 lbs just by eating healthy and not going over there daily intake.

Tomorrow I'll sit and write everything I've been doing and PM it to you so I don't lose it again but I wanted to get that out for now. Good luck with your journey
    Last edited by FFJohn5; 01-18-2016 at 03:20 AM.

adymi5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lifting bags

Can any one help me please, I got a new job, driver for a local company, what delivers potatoes to restaurants and chip shops, weight of each bag is 25kg x 500 to 600 bags a day, could any one tell me what's the best muscle gain supplement please, plus my arms do kill me at end of day lol 😂

Ady