Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)

Here we go again! Double Transformation: twinnett

Ok ok...my soon to be husband (Cando152) has been bugging me to join him again in the contest. We started the last round and we didn't keep up with the logging, so we were too embarrassed to come back on after so long. We are busy! Ben has twin boys that we have often and we both have 2 jobs and we are planning a wedding. Add to that two huge dogs and house remodeling (Oh and hitting the gym!) and we aren't hanging out on the computer a lot!!

We have still been working out and eating well. I've lost about 10 or 15# since we started the last contest. I have 9 weeks until the wedding though, so I need to kick it into high gear! I'd really like to lose 10-15 more pounds by then.

I have a few injuries right now. First is my foot. It was bothering me for 2 years before I decided to go to a Dr....whoops! I have a dying sesmoid bone (of course I would get some weird random injury that no one gets!) So, I may have to have surgery to remove it. Right now, it's just painful to walk or run or do calf stuff..basically any time my toe bends! I'm getting shoe inserts next week, so that should help!

I also have some sort of strained rotator cuff. That's the one that's really bothering me. I'm starting physical therapy next week, but I can't really do much lifting now because everything hurts: shoulders obviously, back, chest, arms..the only thing I can do is legs. I've been doing more of a circuit type thing with lighter weights, more reps and little rest. I've been adding in more cardio. I just hope to keep my muscle and lose fat while my shoulder is healing. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to suggestions!!!

This should be fun! I'm glad to have the summer to do this. I'm a teacher, so I have a lot more free time in the summer.

Looking forward to this!! Pics coming soon...NOT looking forward to that!!!!!!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    SUBBED ...
    SO happy to have you back to do this run with Cando!!!

Looks like you have been getting awesome results, Tara, keep up the good work!
    I look forward to following the final road to YOUR WEDDING!!!!

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am getting really frustrated with my shoulder being hurt. I can't do any heavy lifts and it's irritating!

Today, I did a full body workout with some trisets. It's more of a cardio workout than anything, but at least I'm moving and I'm not going to let this injury being an excuse to do nothing.

I did spinning last night. I don't know how these skinny girls do it without their butts falling off. It hurts! Good workout though!

Food today has been good. I get in food ruts. I need to keep carbs lower:

1: whey mixed with low fat cream cheese (sounds disgusting, but it's like the scivation sludge stuff and I spread it on a high fiber, low carb wrap

2: chicken salad from subway w/ a little cheese and oil/vinegar

3: cottage cheese, pb, low carb wrap

4: we are having our weekly dinner with friends tonight. It's at an Italian place, so I will try to hold off on the bread! Salad is my friend!!

I need more exciting meals. I am always short on time and end up with wraps, eggs and salad all day

My fiance has his boys this weekend. It's always a challenge to eat well when we have them. We are always running around and they love breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts!

I am going to do some rowing tonight if it doesn't hurt the shoulder much. Maybe on low resistance.
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"No, your face does."

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh Tara ... I hate to hear that you are plagued with these darn injuries!!!
    What is the long term prognosis for your shoulder?

Your butt will actually adjust to sitting on the seat and then you won't even notice it!

Enjoy a wonderful weekend with the boys!!!

They aren't sure Barb. I'm supposed to start physical therapy soon. It's feeling a little better...until I go to lift anything heavy!!

I just realized that this journal says "double transformation" instead of "double t"...hmmm.hope that's ok!

"No, your face does."

Last Set - Best Set MouseWeight's Avatar
    MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck! Finish strong this time!!

First off ... what is a flower appointment?

Secondly, I can tell you are having a blast today by your fb pics!!!
    What is your weather like today? Looks cold?

MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000) MouseWeight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    They aren't sure Barb. I'm supposed to start physical therapy soon. It's feeling a little better...until I go to lift anything heavy!!

I just realized that this journal says "double transformation" instead of "double t"...hmmm.hope that's ok!
    It works out since this is your second go round. Be optimistic!

Day one is going well...I'm hungry!

I weighed in at 174#, but there is a "female" reason for that, so I should be down in a few days..

Today was a rest day. I took the dogs for a walk.

I have only eaten 1,000 calories so far. I'm going to have a snack and then get to bed. We get up at 4:30 AM, so I need to go to bed early!

"No, your face does."

Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Best of luck to you in round 3!!!

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What's the current caloric goal, Tara?
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just saying hello and good luck!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159276021

Day 2 going well!!

I weighed in at 173.6# this morning, so at least I'm headed back down!

We did a workout this morning. I did a lower body one

SQUATS: 3x8: 95#...yes, it's wimpy. I'm trying to get better at form and go lower.
    ss w/ DB PLIE SQUATS: 3x8: 45#

JUMP SQUATS: 3x15
    ss w/ SLDL: 3x8: 115#

LEG PRESS: 3x15: 150#..wimpy again but my legs were shaky
    ss w/ WALKING LUNGES: 3x30: st. bar

LEG CURLS: 3x8: 40#
    ss w/ LEG EXTENSIONS: 3x8: 50# ...these were both plate loaded

My legs felt shaky from the start today. I think I need something other than caffeine to get me going. I'm going to order one of the preworkout supps to use, along with some BCAAs during the workout.

Food has been good. I'm aiming for 1600 calories on workout days and 1400 on rest days. I know it's low, but I think I'll be ok. If I notice I'm losing too much (doubtful!), I will add some more. I'm not weighing veggies. I'm just adding a generic 100 calories (25 g carbs) for them every day.

1: Pure protein shake/ oatmeal/ 1 tbsp. yogurt butter/ sf syrup/ 2 fish oils

2: low carb wrap/2 hardboiled eggs/ 3 egg whites/green beans

3: low carb wrap/ 1 scoop whey/ 1 tbsp sunflower butter

4: dinner plan is 3 oz. lean beef/1 slice low fat swiss/1 c. brown rice and veggies

ends up being 1500 calories (40 g fat/135 g carbs/ 150 g protein) I might add a protein shake if I'm really hungry later, but I'm going to try to hold off.

"No, your face does."

Originally Posted by Mr.Xrcise View Post
    Best of luck to you in round 3!!!
    Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    What's the current caloric goal, Tara?
    I'm shooting for 1600, but it's going to be hard! I'm ravenous at that calorie level!!

Originally Posted by medusa11 View Post
    Just saying hello and good luck!
    Hi! Thanks!

"No, your face does."

I think you will tremendously benefit from intra workout BCAAs ...

AWESOME leg day, Tara!!!

Originally Posted by StlBarbie View Post
    I think you will tremendously benefit from intra workout BCAAs ...

AWESOME leg day, Tara!!!
    AND THEY ARE SOOOOO CHEAP (compared to nearly all supplements). So that is always a plus.

172# today. If only the pound a day weight loss could continue! We did some cardio this morning:30 minutes

My legs are SORE! I need some glutamine. I have to order my supps today. I've gotten lazy with taking supps.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    172# today. If only the pound a day weight loss could continue! We did some cardio this morning:30 minutes

My legs are SORE! I need some glutamine. I have to order my supps today. I've gotten lazy with taking supps.
    Love the early morning cardio!!

NOT.

Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cando152 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello random person!! Subbed and good luck in round 3!

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks!!!

I'm shooting for 1600, but it's going to be hard! I'm ravenous at that calorie level!!

Hi! Thanks!
    Where have you been? 1600 seems like a low number to start with.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Originally Posted by cando152 View Post
    Hello random person!! Subbed and good luck in round 3!
    this guy looks suspicious ...

Yes I agree Barb! Not sure if I want some random creeper with no avatar in here!

My legs are so sore!!!! I have to keep going up an down to the 3rd floor. Where is an elevator when you need it?????

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    Where have you been? 1600 seems like a low number to start with.
    Yeah it is low but I really want to see progress right away. I wasn't counting calories before so I really have no idea where I've been up until now.

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi Tara, thx for stopping in the other day. Hope all is well for you. keep up the great work.
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

Yeah it is low but I really want to see progress right away. I wasn't counting calories before so I really have no idea where I've been up until now.
    Just dont go too low, it could take weeks to fix an early mistake.

How on earth did Cando manage to escape yet another day without a avi???
    I wish I were still a mod .. I'd post one up there for him ...

Don't worry. I'm going to post one of him cuddling with our dog. Lol

171.2 today. Down almost 3 from Sunday. Off to lift!!

medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How are things going so far? Is this the salute to twins round lol? How old are they? Mine are a year this month.

oh....subbed!

Actually my name has nothing to do with twins! Oddly enough, my fiancé has twin boys who are 5...quite the handful!

lol I still figure that puts you closer than most. So Cando is your fiance?