deviantstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating lots of fiber but no poop

Hey what's up.

So basically I'm cutting right now and I'm eating close to 40g of fiber through vegetables and what not everyday while drinking copious amounts of water.

I weigh 150, my macros are 200g protein, 150g carbs, 50g fat for the day and my protein sources are egg whites, whey, chicken, and tilapia.

What I don't get is I don't get bowel movements frequently, sometimes up to like 3 days and it kind of freaks me out. When I do, I have to put quite a bit of effort into it and it's not even like one of those super clean quick ones. They're normal sized stools. I'm eating a lot of fiber, at least I think I am, but it's just chillin' inside me and takes forever to move out.

Also, the thing is though, I notice when I have a cheat day, the following day is a guaranteed poop. Not sure why.

Am I getting enough fiber? Is a high protein diet slower to digest than normal diets?
    I've also thought about it being related to stress but anyone else have something similar going on?

Physicist in Training JValjean724's Avatar
    JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How consistent is your fiber intake and how long has it been so?
    I protest this fraud

Mind and Body Recomposition Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127989043&page=3

Originally Posted by JValjean724 View Post
    How consistent is your fiber intake and how long has it been so?
    Been cutting for like 2 months and my fiber intake is pretty much the same everyday, mostly from broccoli and green beans.

TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try adding some soluble, i think veggies are mostly insoluble.

unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000) unccwrestler is just really nice. (+1000)
    VPX Fiberteq works very well, I was having a similar problem on one of my diets and it fixed it.

AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If they look "normal", I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's normal to not have to poop everyday. If it's been a week or two since your last turd, though, you might wanna see a doctor about it lol

0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0RLY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is normal if you are cutting. I went like maybe once every other day. Then I went back to eating above maintenance for a week and went like 2x, sometimes 3x, a day. I also found it more difficult to go when cutting, regardless of my fiber intake.

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    I get the same problem when on a cut, probably due to the reduced volumes of foods.
    I notice that constipation problems get alot better after I started IF, lol especially the morning after last night's feast
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need more fat if you want smoother bowel movements. Saturated fat is especially good for helping you poop easier. I don't think your macros need to be so lopsided in favor of very high protein intake, moderate carbs, and very low fat intake. I would consider borrowing a few macros from protein and carbs to up your fats.

icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icebattler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try incorporating more whole grains. Ever since i boosted my brown rice intake, iv been pooping every 1-2 days.

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lackeos View Post
    You need more fat if you want smoother bowel movements. Saturated fat is especially good for helping you poop easier. I don't think your macros need to be so lopsided in favor of very high protein intake, moderate carbs, and very low fat intake. I would consider borrowing a few macros from protein and carbs to up your fats.
    Was just going to say this. Give higher fats a try. Adding more bulk to something that is not moving isnt going to fix it (more like make it worse), so adding MORE fiber or fiber supplements likely wont work. And 40g fiber is PLENTY...

As Jval said, if you recently increased your fiber quickly, then your body just needs time to adjust.

I would try increasing fat though......

HTH
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

Liller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    increase fiber intake slowly and drink enought water to get the stuff moving. you may try psyllium husk is you are constipated.

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2 teaspoons of psyllium husk a day did the trick for me
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I read the thread title and thought to myself, "Well... that's good I guess."
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fiber is a regulator of bowel movements so the misconception of a high fiber diet is it increases movement when it probably wont

Alright cool, thanks for the tips, I'm probably gonna try upping the fat intake and see how that works out.

TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000) TBEagl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's two kinds of fiber
    insoluble and soluble you need more soluble all those fibaz are probably insoluble
    http://www.myfooddiary.com/resources...uble_fiber.asp
    ◄FILMM∆KERS CR€W►/Disregard everything, acquire profits!
    Albums listening to now:ASIWYFA - Gangs, Beach House - Teen Dream, The Antlers - Burst apart, Thursday - no devolucion, beastie boys - hot sauce committee part 2, Wild beast - Smother, Mogwai - HWNDBYW, Republic of wolves, Everything that is Max Ritcher,The Ocean, kno - death is silent, Wu tang clan - Enter the wu tang(this album will never die).

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I eat the Atkins bars once a day if I think I'm low on fiber. I think it is because of the fats, but they work.
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~