Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: JohnB's Journey

fake it till i make it johnblythe's Avatar
    johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonpan View Post
    Sucks you hit a snag on your squats bro. Dont worry about that CNS thing first thing in the AM, I'm sure it has nothing to do with that. Just get your diet and rest in check, and like the dude said above, hit the gym hard with your best, and the rest will fall into place. Also, failing reps happens all the time my friend...so don't take it too harsh or anything.

Nice pressing, and cleans though....very nice.

EDIT: If you are missing reps on anything...I suggest not adding anything
    right on, definitely want to reach my potential. nevertheless, one of my goals at this juncture is to get the squat racked beyond my body weight. so i'm not sweatin over it, just was, as mentioned, hoping to squeeze a few extra pounds progression out of this week.

ehh, it's a toss up for me right now. i don't want to be foolishly greedy with the weights, but i also don't want to be overly cautious either. here's the portion (or one of, really) of the wiki that deals with the issue of failing a rep, see point #3.

not sure if it's the IF that's kicking in or if it's just my body's current limit. not knowing that leaves me in the dark about whether or not to add 5 pounds (cutting my progression every workout in half) or to stick with the same weight. the caveat and clarification i'd add is that, if i did add the 5 lbs, and then missed a rep again, i'd stick around since it would help show that the last rep missing wasn't a total anomaly.

hmmm, decisions decisions.
    A better read than 50 Shades of Gray and Twilight combined, srsbrah: http://tinyurl.com/jblylifts

CURRENT GOAL: 1100+ (reached 04/11); 1150+, < 14%
    Current lameness: 375/235/495 = 1105
    [b]2013[/b]: +85# on 4/11

Racing KenshinH to manly (495+) pull

johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000)

Diet - 5/9/2011

Fat - 80.86g
    Carbs - 473.39g
    Protein - 233.85g
    TOTAL - 3376 cals (121%)

----------

Wow, the carbs shot through the roof and my total intake followed! I wasn't intending on having that much. I just didn't put in my dinner meal until nearly 8 at the end of my feeding period. The stir fry we made ended up being very calorically dense. Those noodles were killer!

Good refeed after a hard morning in the gym, I suppose. Hopefully I can harness it tomorrow morning!
    A better read than 50 Shades of Gray and Twilight combined, srsbrah: http://tinyurl.com/jblylifts

candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) candyflip69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Originally Posted by johnblythe View Post
    the caveat and clarification i'd add is that, if i did add the 5 lbs, and then missed a rep again, i'd stick around since it would help show that the last rep missing wasn't a total anomaly.

hmmm, decisions decisions.
    I was gonna agree and say don't add more weight, but, having read this last section I'd say go ahead and add 5 pounds more. It's so small an increment it's going to make very little difference (and certainly won't put you in danger). The worst that can happen is you fail to get any reps. If that happens, you'll know your 1RM for squats (and that's useful). If it doesn't, and you blast right through and get 5 reps out, then you just had a bad day last time and we ALL have those.

One of the things perhaps people don't understand well about human physiology is that despite our best efforts (feeding/sleep/supps etc), our bodies are not mechanisms that perform exactly as expected, 100% of the time. In fact, asking them to perform at their peak (and I emphasize, at their absolute physical limit) everyday, every week, just isn't possible. On the day your body needs to pull back and rest a little, it will. Nothing you can do about it. It's natural. So don't punish it or believe it's somehow your fault. It'll do what it wants to do.

On the day it DOES want to perform, you're gonna smash those PB's. So be patient and do all you can to help it there.
    Witness the Fitness - one hope, one quest.

▪█───█▪ ▪█───█▪

Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ME! View Post
    Sucks you hit a snag on your squats bro. Dont worry about that CNS thing first thing in the AM, I'm sure it has nothing to do with that. Just get your diet and rest in check, and like the dude said above, hit the gym hard with your best, and the rest will fall into place. Also, failing reps happens all the time my friend...so don't take it too harsh or anything.

Nice pressing, and cleans though....very nice.

EDIT: If you are missing reps on anything...I suggest not adding anything
    Let me clarify, I was talking about not adding any more exercises...not weight.

My GST & Madcow Adventure (Madcow's Starts on pg 17): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=130591083

Starting over again, an SS Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147132983&pagenumber=

Leangains.com
    http://examine.com/leangains-faq/
    Bodyrecomposition.com

Originally Posted by candyflip69 View Post
    I was gonna agree and say don't add more weight, but, having read this last section I'd say go ahead and add 5 pounds more. It's so small an increment it's going to make very little difference (and certainly won't put you in danger). The worst that can happen is you fail to get any reps. If that happens, you'll know your 1RM for squats (and that's useful). If it doesn't, and you blast right through and get 5 reps out, then you just had a bad day last time and we ALL have those.

One of the things perhaps people don't understand well about human physiology is that despite our best efforts (feeding/sleep/supps etc), our bodies are not mechanisms that perform exactly as expected, 100% of the time. In fact, asking them to perform at their peak (and I emphasize, at their absolute physical limit) everyday, every week, just isn't possible. On the day your body needs to pull back and rest a little, it will. Nothing you can do about it. It's natural. So don't punish it or believe it's somehow your fault. It'll do what it wants to do.

On the day it DOES want to perform, you're gonna smash those PB's. So be patient and do all you can to help it there.
    dang man, you need to sit down and write a book. you're 3 for 3 so far. freakin' motivational life coachin' it up in here! i appreciate the wise words!

Let me clarify, I was talking about not adding any more exercises...not weight.
    ahhh, that does clarify JP. you really don't want me to be doing chins, do you??

thanks dudes-

jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im in for the journey john considering SS when im done with all pros so itll be good to see how you progress !!

Originally Posted by jimuk View Post
    im in for the journey john considering SS when im done with all pros so itll be good to see how you progress !!
    thanks for joining broseph! we'll see how things go

Diet - 5/10/2011

Fat - 108.08g
    Carb - 242.07g
    Protein - 198.62g
    TOTAL - 2686 cals (96%)

-----

More fat than I intended, but oh well. Protein is actually a bit higher (~20g) than what is listed (thus putting me more in the range of 98-99% intake). My wife used 1.5x amount of rotisserie chicken in one of her dishes. I didn't change the nutrition on the recipe on fatsecret.com, thus the discrepancy.

Workout A - 5/11/2011

WORKOUT A
    Squats:
    45 - 2x5
    60 - 1x5
    90 - 1x3
    125 - 1x2

160 - 1x5, 1x2, ---

I psyched myself up for this all night last night, actually to the point of aiding myself in being unable to fall asleep very fast (or perhaps my lack of sleepiness fueled my restless mind..?). Got out there, was tired, felt a bit out of it but figured it was just a matter of waking up.

Boy was I wrong.

I went to bed hardly able to breathe because of sinus issues. Woke up with the opposite nostril being clogged beyond breathing capability. I realized after the workout, "Oh, I'm getting sick." And boy did it show. I got my ass handed to me, plain and simple. Almost couldn't finish the first rep! Somehow I managed to squeak out the next 4. Rested 2 minutes, went back, got two, then on the third I started to fall forward on my way back up. At first I tried to resist and fight it, but then realized it was dangerous and I need not be a hero on this one, so I discharged it behind me. Took the weight off, reracked the bar, put the weight back on, rested, went back for more but this time with 5 pounds less (back to Monday's weight). Got the bar on the shoulders stood there, mentally prepared, had a the camera rolling so I could check form to see if that was the issue with the last set...then realized I didn't need to injure myself. I read an article just two days ago by an old time strength coach who talked about the stupidity of young trainers. My right shoulder was in a decent amount of discomfort/pain from the fall forward and subsequent strain (at least that's my guess), so I wised up and put the bar back on the rack.

So, I tapped out on even trying the third set. Was pissed about it, but I think it was wise.

Bench:

45 - 2x5
    60 - 1x5
    80 - 1x3
    105 - 1x2

120 - 3x5

First set was pretty difficult which made me think I may fail out on a rep or two of the following two sets. During my rest I watched Layne Norton's video of setting some new PRs on squat (posted below). Apparently that got me pumped. I laid back down and then blasted through the first 4 reps of the second set before wrapping up the final one with a little extra effort required. Pretty much the same occurred for the final set.

Deadlifts:
    70 - 1x5
    105 - 1x3
    150 - 1x2

180 - 5x3

These guys weren't easy, but they also weren't difficult. I guess I don't know where to place them yet because the movement is still so new to me. Doing 150 I felt the work, which made me wonder how 180 would feel. I mean, there's no doubt I could tell it was actually heavier, but it wasn't extra strenuous to any large degree than the 150 was. At either rate, what I'm saying is all went well here

------------------

The SS Wiki has a 3 strike policy for resets. I had a semi-stirke with missing one rep on Monday. I had a complete whiffed attempt today. And I'll be out of town tomorrow through Sunday. I was originally planning on finding a local gym, spending $10 to get access for the day and thus keep up with the routine. After today though, I'm definitely taking my time to rest. I feel sickly and flat wore out. I've been on the edge of sick for a little while now, so doing a routine like this one (especially on a slight cut) has taken its toll apparently.

With all that said, though I want to be greedy and hard headed, though I don't want to feel like a school girl with baby weights, though I totally don't want to do this in one sense: I will be resetting on Monday.

I'll drop to ~140 lbs and probably work my way up in increments of 5. It is tempting to reset to 135 or 140 and ramp with 10s again, but if I did that and hit a wall at 160 as hard as I hit it today I'd be extra mad, flat out embarrassed, and discouraged beyond what is on this journey of body recomposition.

So that's the plan for now. I'm trying to not think of it as failure so much as learning. My body still worked today and work produces results, period. Learning new things about my body can't be a bad thing so long as I use the information well.

I don't plan on lingering here or dwelling on failure, but rather regrouping, resting, relaxing at the beach this weekend and coming back Monday to destroy some weights, whatever they may be.

And one last note, being at the beach we will be eating out (MUCH) more often than usual. I'll be tracking what I eat but it will be much more loosely than usual. We're taking our food scale, etc. so we can track what we eat at the condo, I'll try to remember to be a weirdo in the restaurant and take pics of my delicacies, and will keep a general update, but that's about it til real world hits again on Monday.

Thanks for tracking with me thus far guys, I appreciate your support. Hoping to keep us all a bit more optimistic about the progress again starting next week.

Blessings-
    Last edited by johnblythe; 05-12-2011 at 05:27 AM.

ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Didnt have time to read everything, just skimmed.

Change to the normal SS before its too late bro. You don't need to add other accessories in. They are only there to help get a lift "unstuck".

Just start low and stick to the 5 lifts. Make sure you eat big too

Oh, and buy the book. If you can't afford it then download it from a torrent or something. Whatever you do, get the book (and preferrably the DVD too)

subbed.
    ******Misc Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu crew******
    *************BJJ for LIFE*************

Vicente Cavalcanti BJJ (Alliance) / Southside MMA

250lb -> 180lb by end of 2013.

Originally Posted by ngolsen View Post
    Didnt have time to read everything, just skimmed.

Change to the normal SS before its too late bro. You don't need to add other accessories in. They are only there to help get a lift "unstuck".

Just start low and stick to the 5 lifts. Make sure you eat big too

Oh, and buy the book. If you can't afford it then download it from a torrent or something. Whatever you do, get the book (and preferrably the DVD too)

subbed.
    glad to have you along for the ride.

currently doing standard routine (first posts showed me thinking in terms of the Onus version, ended up deciding to go with original)

eating big'ish. on IF (leangains), but eating ~2800 on workout days. probably will change that to be on my off days so there's extra energy on the workout days since i do morning training...unless i ended up changing my workout time to afternoons, which i'm also considering.

see you around

ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ngolsen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    glad to have you along for the ride.

currently doing standard routine (first posts showed me thinking in terms of the Onus version, ended up deciding to go with original)

eating big'ish. on IF (leangains), but eating ~2800 on workout days. probably will change that to be on my off days so there's extra energy on the workout days since i do morning training...unless i ended up changing my workout time to afternoons, which i'm also considering.

see you around
    Type in google "rippetoe clarification" and click on the PDF

Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonpan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just read, and lol'd. Always good stuff.

My GST & Madcow Adventure (Madcow's Starts on pg 17): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=130591083

Starting over again, an SS Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147132983&pagenumber=

Leangains.com
    Bodyrecomposition.com

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    O hai. In on this.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

i've read it before, actually. "YNDTP." Love his civilized redneck way of putting everything
    i'm guessing the reference is in regards to the diet, eh?
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    O hai. In on this.
    welcome!

i've read it before, actually. "YNDTP." Love his civilized redneck way of putting everything
    i'm guessing the reference is in regards to the diet, eh?
    Ya, but plenty of good stuff in there around expectations of the program as well...

BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lifts look like they're coming up quick which is excellent. I don't know a whole lot about SS, except that it is very heavily advocated by many wise lifters. I think you should really enjoy the results you will receive.

Also, at some point you'll find yourself discovering far better form. Once you can train your body into making form feel natural, your strength will really skyrocket. Then of course, hypertrophy gains can come easier as well.

You seem like a pretty driven and focused individual, so I expect to see some solid and consistent gains.
    Alabama Crimson Tide

Bench PRs: 315x2, 285x6, 275x9, 225x18

Just had a read through the entire thread. Am I right in saying that you only just starting dropping back to +5lb increments as of this session? Just repeat the weight next session (you were right to bail under the circumstances). You are only supposed to be +10 on squat for the first 5-6 sessions, then drop back to after that. Dead should drop back to +10 from +20 aswell....

You dont need to reset until you miss the weight for 3 sessions in a row. too many people on here reset as soon as they miss a rep and wonder why they never get ahead.

1. if your reps are slow and/or you get more than 12 reps out of the 3 sets, repeat the workout. Microload from then.
    2. if you get less than 10 reps, stay at the same weight until you get all 15 reps. If this takes more than 3 sessions, reset.

But yeah, drop back to 5lb increments for squat after session 5-6. Dead to 10lb. Do yourself a favour and get some lighter plates. Even if thats the heavy metal collars or lots of spring collars.

This is what I have in plates (in KG, so *2.2)

5kg plates - 11lb
    2.5kg plates - 5.5lb
    1.25kg plates - 2.75lb
    0.625kg metal collars (each) - 1.375lb
    ~0.350 spring collars (x2 each side to get to this weight) - ~0.7lb

Thats very interesting Nick. I never thought of using the collars as a micro loading technique. Thanks for awaring me of that.

Leangains.com
    Bodyrecomposition.com

Ya, but plenty of good stuff in there around expectations of the program as well...
    i'm glad you mentioned it cause i went back and re-read it. i guess what i had read my first times reading through the program stuff (maybe on the wiki? not sure, i'll check later) had me thinking the initial incremental progression would be sustained throughout the first 4-6 weeks. it may have been a misreading of mine or a misstatement of someone/someplace. either way, rereading the article caused rippetoe's statement about 5 or 6 workouts jump off the page to me.

was thrilled to see that i was actually on track, so thanks for pointing me to that huge encouragement. was feeling like a lame-o after last week.

Originally Posted by BrettT07 View Post
    Lifts look like they're coming up quick which is excellent. I don't know a whole lot about SS, except that it is very heavily advocated by many wise lifters. I think you should really enjoy the results you will receive.

Also, at some point you'll find yourself discovering far better form. Once you can train your body into making form feel natural, your strength will really skyrocket. Then of course, hypertrophy gains can come easier as well.

You seem like a pretty driven and focused individual, so I expect to see some solid and consistent gains.
    thanks man, appreciate the kind words. good to have another bama fan in here too, roll tide!

Just had a read through the entire thread. Am I right in saying that you only just starting dropping back to +5lb increments as of this session? Just repeat the weight next session (you were right to bail under the circumstances). You are only supposed to be +10 on squat for the first 5-6 sessions, then drop back to after that. Dead should drop back to +10 from +20 aswell....

You dont need to reset until you miss the weight for 3 sessions in a row. too many people on here reset as soon as they miss a rep and wonder why they never get ahead.

1. if your reps are slow and/or you get more than 12 reps out of the 3 sets, repeat the workout. Microload from then.
    2. if you get less than 10 reps, stay at the same weight until you get all 15 reps. If this takes more than 3 sessions, reset.

But yeah, drop back to 5lb increments for squat after session 5-6. Dead to 10lb. Do yourself a favour and get some lighter plates. Even if thats the heavy metal collars or lots of spring collars.

This is what I have in plates (in KG, so *2.2)

5kg plates - 11lb
    2.5kg plates - 5.5lb
    1.25kg plates - 2.75lb
    0.625kg metal collars (each) - 1.375lb
    ~0.350 spring collars (x2 each side to get to this weight) - ~0.7lb
    yup, you're right on target. so what i should have done after monday (slow reps on final rep or two of each set, failure on final rep) is repeat that weight (155) on wednesday and get all 15 reps, at least hopefully/theoretically. if not, re-repeat it. after that, move on to +5lbs.

super pumped to get back in the gym on monday. guess i'll forego the reset at this point. i do wonder, though, if it'd be good to take one step back ahead of the weight that gave me trouble. go to 150 perhaps since wednesday was a bust and friday i was out of town, give myself a day of getting back into it before hitting that wall again (and jumping it this time!).

thoughts on that?

thanks again for the infos

super pumped to get back in the gym on monday. guess i'll forego the reset at this point. i do wonder, though, if it'd be good to take one step back ahead of the weight that gave me trouble. go to 150 perhaps since wednesday was a bust and friday i was out of town, give myself a day of getting back into it before hitting that wall again (and jumping it this time!).

thoughts on that?

thanks again for the infos
    Technically you got all the reps, they were just slow @ 155. So it's a judgement call whether to increment full, or microload, or repeat. In your case you probably don't have the micro weight so just repeat 155, then go to 160 after that +5 from there on out

Technically you got all the reps, they were just slow @ 155. So it's a judgement call whether to increment full, or microload, or repeat. In your case you probably don't have the micro weight so just repeat 155, then go to 160 after that +5 from there on out
    i did miss one of them, the very last one. went down way too fast and got stuck w/ my arse on the ground, but think i could have squeezed it out if i had controlled the descent. :\

i'm honestly just a bit scared to hit a wall too soon again because of being out for pretty much a week now. want to keep the momentum and motivation high, discouragement low.

either way, hopefully this week will prove last wednesday (7 reps ftl!) to be a fluke from being partially sick or whatever. time will tell

i did miss one of them, the very last one. went down way too fast and got stuck w/ my arse on the ground, but think i could have squeezed it out if i had controlled the descent. :\

i'm honestly just a bit scared to hit a wall too soon again because of being out for pretty much a week now. want to keep the momentum and motivation high, discouragement low.

either way, hopefully this week will prove last wednesday (7 reps ftl!) to be a fluke from being partially sick or whatever. time will tell
    better to be conservative and never miss a rep than to be too egoful/cocky and fail.

BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000) BrettT07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd say after the set preceding the last set (the one you had trouble with) gauge how you feel. Try to get your rest in and get amped up. If you think there's a chance, just get in there and make yourself get it. Try to have a "my willpower can't and won't break" mindset, and try to dominate the 155. Who knows.. maybe for the third set you'll feel up to hitting the 160 again. It's crazy how much of an effect the mind has on weightlifting.

Also, I had no idea you were an Alabama fan. Pretty awesome
    Alabama Crimson Tide

Bench PRs: 315x2, 285x6, 275x9, 225x18

Originally Posted by BrettT07 View Post
    I'd say after the set preceding the last set (the one you had trouble with) gauge how you feel. Try to get your rest in and get amped up. If you think there's a chance, just get in there and make yourself get it. Try to have a "my willpower can't and won't break" mindset, and try to dominate the 155. Who knows.. maybe for the third set you'll feel up to hitting the 160 again. It's crazy how much of an effect the mind has on weightlifting.

Also, I had no idea you were an Alabama fan. Pretty awesome
    definitely. i know part of the issue had been mental. one reason is because i had unrealistic expectations that re-reading rippetoe's clarification helped. i was expecting that i needed to do another 1-2 weeks at least of +10lbs per workout. knowing how the last workout(s) had felt, every night before a workout i'd be sitting there in bed thinking doubtful things, fighting it with hyped up talk, etc.

so, all that to say, one more reason i'm strongly considering pushing this back to 5lbs below my previous 14/15 rep weight of 155. get myself some good warm up, get back into things, get some motivation, nail it and then move forward to the 155 and get all 15 reps, then make 160 my biotch, and on and on i go until all the sudden i'm doing 300+

are you at UA? were you there during the tornados the other week??

hey all,

just dropping by to say i'll be updating a good deal tonight. i didn't post any of my food this weekend on my vacation but will be posting some pics of the delicacies, aka food pr0n, tonight as well as some other jazz like this morning's workout, current weight, etc.

hope everyone is doing well, mo info soon-

post workouts or negs incoming

Leangains.com
    Bodyrecomposition.com

post workouts or negs incoming
    i think you need to worry about shaving that stomach of yours before negs coming

Squats

this is what i think about squats

they're out to get me!

Thursday's Treats

here's what i ate thursday when we got into Gulf Shores:

buffalo shrimp wrap with fries

and topped it off with this:

tcby strawberry cheesecake yogurt