SpartanSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpartanSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to bodybuilding, HELP.

Hey bodybuilders. So today I got this sudden motivation to start working on my body, but I'm no expert on the physical stuff so I don't know where to start? I just turned 17, I'm 5'5 & weigh 135 pounds with a lil belly fat and I still look like a 13 year old stuck in 7th grade lol so I decided I will be doing exercises and workouts to help myself look a little more manlier. So I don't know where to start, I have this brand new benchpress just sitting on my patio but yet I've never lifted weights before and I'm planning on putting it to use. I have this idea that I should work on bodyweight exercises before I move onto the weights and stuff? Like pushups, crunches, burpees, etc.. and once I feel I'm ready I will start using the benchpress and my dumbbells. My plan was to do 100 pushups a day for a week with some sets of burpees & crunches while leaving my rest days(if I need any) to the weekends. I barely got any type of muscle mass besides small bumps when I flex my arms so which is the safest way to begin my weight training? Will this in any way harm my growth in terms of height considering the fact that I'm still growing? If I'm still growing.. seems I haven't grown taller since I was 14 but that could mean because Ive never really been the type to go out and get exercise.

If you know your facts, please help me out here with some suggestions and ideas on what type of exercises/workouts I should do to achieve my goal, which is to build some muscle and burn the little belly fat that I have. I need to know what days I should be exercising in and when to take a break. Thanks, sincerely a confused and motivated teen.

Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey man, great that you want to lift. I hope that this sudden urge is long lasting for you.
    Basically, start off light, don't go overboard. Because you will get sore and it will hurt.
    Bodyweight pushups, Bodyweight Squats, Dips, Situps, do your whole body with bodyweight exercises first.
    See how that feels. Look exercises up, research stuff and experiment with it. Keep a log, improve every day,
    even if it is one rep. Learn to recognize what works and what does not. Then once you feel you are strong enough
    for a workout program. You can find one here on the forums easily. Do not be worried about height. Eat your proteins,
    drink your milk, do your squats, do not miss a workout, do not miss a meal, make it part of your lifestyle, keep a log,
    keep busy, keep motivated, People that do this will still workout after ten years.
    So you're on the internet for good advice, here's some good advice: have a good laugh once in a while. And never tear your bicep!

628 / 661 LBS DL
    529 / 600 LBS SQ
    242 / 300 LBS BP

SpartanSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpartanSlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Appreciate the advice man!

kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kardog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stay motivated. Set small goals

Also, would you recommend me doing the 100 pushups a day even though everytime I'm doing burpees I'm basically doing more pushups? Or should I just do the burpees followed by some crunches and squats?