a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BodPod Accuracy?

I was wondering if anyone has had a BodPod test. I've had my BF% tested a few times over the past few years, using a few different methods. The ones I've used were BIA (with the handheld device, the scale, and even one where they put electronic sensors all over my body), calipers (professionally done), and Navy/YMCA measurements (measurements were also professionally done). I had a BodPod test today.

All of the methods other than the BodPod yielded pretty consistent results. The BF%'s were different depending on how much I weighed, but pegged my Lean Mass at about 170-175 lbs each time. However, the BodPod pegged me at 151 lbs.

I've heard the BodPod is supposed to be the most accurate, but I found it interesting that the other methods were all so close but the BodPod was an outlier.

What have your results been?
    Weight Loss Journey 2012: Start (4/29/2012): 212 lbs
    5/27/2012: 209.5
    Next Intermediate Goal: >200 lbs
    Summer Goal: 190 lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 170 lbs (or <10% BF or 31 inch waist)

Plan: Modified P90X routine (Month 2 only) until End of August, then Insanity in Sept/Oct, then Modified P90X/Insanity routine in Nov/Dec. All while tracking my caloric deficit and aiming for a 7K deficit each week.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think one guy just had it done a few pages back. He said his LBM was actually higher than he anticipated.

151 pounds on a 6.1 frame? That's pretty skinny.

My LBM now according to a BIA machine is about 173 lbs. I would really hate to think my real LBM is 150 lbs.

I do know that as I lost weight, my LBM has dropped as well. But my diet is perfect, and I lift and take extensive supplements. And my strength has done nothing but improved (but I admit that I've worked out before for a couple of years, so that could honestly be residuals from that. )

If you could, post a picture and we can guess what bf% you are at. That might be a better confirmation of your true bf%/LBM ratio.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) a2stud2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    I think one guy just had it done a few pages back. He said his LBM was actually higher than he anticipated.

151 pounds on a 6.1 frame? That's pretty skinny.

My LBM now according to a BIA machine is about 173 lbs. I would really hate to think my real LBM is 150 lbs.

I do know that as I lost weight, my LBM has dropped as well. But my diet is perfect, and I lift and take extensive supplements. And my strength has done nothing but improved (but I admit that I've worked out before for a couple of years, so that could honestly be residuals from that. )

If you could, post a picture and we can guess what bf% you are at. That might be a better confirmation of your true bf%/LBM ratio.
    Haha, that's what I thought too. I was thinking "there's no way I'm that skinny LBM wise". I'll get some pics up later today.

Plan: Modified P90X routine (Month 2 only) until End of August, then Insanity in Sept/Oct, then Modified P90X/Insanity routine in Nov/Dec. All while tracking my caloric deficit and aiming for a 7K deficit each week.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I went in the BodPod three times in three months. Two were consistent and the third was a flyer. Two had me about 14% body fat that was believable and the third said I was 8% body fat!!! I got a good laugh out of that.

The BodPod is as much marketing as more accurate than anything else. If the calipers and Navy measurements are consistent, I would believe them.

6'1" tall...230 pounds...170-175 pounds lean... Should be benching 300...squatting 350-400...nice base, but have about 40 pounds of fat covering everything up. Probably carry that weight well.

6'1"...230 pounds...150 pounds lean...weak...benching 200..squatting 250...fat in rolls..have quite a muffin top....need to lose 60 pounds.

Which are you?
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    I went in the BodPod three times in three months. Two were consistent and the third was a flyer. Two had me about 14% body fat that was believable and the third said I was 8% body fat!!! I got a good laugh out of that.

The BodPod is as much marketing as more accurate than anything else. If the calipers and Navy measurements are consistent, I would believe them.

6'1" tall...230 pounds...170-175 pounds lean... Should be benching 300...squatting 350-400...nice base, but have about 40 pounds of fat covering everything up. Probably carry that weight well.

6'1"...230 pounds...150 pounds lean...weak...benching 200..squatting 250...fat in rolls..have quite a muffin top....need to lose 60 pounds.

Which are you?
    Hmm, I'd actually go somewhere in between. I haven't benched or squatted (no equipment in my gym) and do carry the weight well. People always underestimate my weight/how fat I am. I do feel like i have a muffin top however.

I think fat density might be at play here. All of my fat is "squishy" fat, whereas before it was the dense fat, so maybe through the air displacement it accounted for all of it as dense fat.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Honestly, take that 100 bucks and buy a impedance scale. The number you get wont be accurate but it will be consistent. This will allow you to measure if you are doing the right things over time. You won't stop cutting till the mirror says the right thing anyway.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by a2stud2 View Post
    Hmm, I'd actually go somewhere in between. I haven't benched or squatted (no equipment in my gym) and do carry the weight well. People always underestimate my weight/how fat I am. I do feel like i have a muffin top however.

I think fat density might be at play here. All of my fat is "squishy" fat, whereas before it was the dense fat, so maybe through the air displacement it accounted for all of it as dense fat.
    A picture is worth a thousand words. Show us.

Based on your answer, I suspect the BodPod is a lot closer to the truth than you want to admit. 170-175 pounds of LBM on a 6'1" frame doesn't happen by accident. That is a bigger guy than most people imagine. If you haven't been lifting, odds are that 150 pounds of LBM is more likely.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Here's a picture. I actually could see it being 30+. It's not discouraging/demotivating in anyway if it is. Just gotta keep going until I like whats in the mirror.
    Attached Images

Here's a picture. I actually could see it being 30+. It's not discouraging/demotivating in anyway if it is. Just gotta keep going until I like whats in the mirror.
    Picture is sideways for some reason. Here it is adjusted.
    Attached Images

Remembering who I am... CorruptSilence's Avatar
    CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've heard the BodPod is supposed to be the most accurate, but I found it interesting that the other methods were all so close but the BodPod was an outlier.
    The most accurate measurement of bodyfat currently is hydrostatic testing. This is the test that uses water displacement (They dunk you in a tank.)

Such as: http://www.getdunked.com/home/default.asp

Then the Bod Pod is #2, then an experienced trainer with calipers, then a bio-impedance scale.
    ^^Former 300+lb crew^^
    ^^Current 100+lb Lost crew^^

Started 320 Lbs.
    Goal 185 Lbs.

That's the right attitude. It is what it is.

And the goal isn't to lose weight fast or get to some specific scale weight. No one but you cares what you weigh. Slow and steady wins.

Learn to eat like a 185 pound man and you will naturally become him.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah man, I'd say 150ish LBM is probably right, because I'd put your bf% @ 30-35ish%.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Robbrownus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Bspod

Just did my first bod pod test I was surprised with my 20% body-fat result. I'm 5'10" 203lbs. I thought I was closer to 12-14%.

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bod pod seems accurate... what did it say your % was?
    Exercise Physiologist
    M.S. - Exercise and Sport Physiology
    West Chester University of Pennsylvania
    B.S. - Kinesiology
    University of Maryland

*Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggested for anyone to do anything. Anything I post is purely based off of my own personal experience and opinions. If you decide to follow or do anything I say, that is of your own free will and not my suggestion.*

Skydiver32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just had my bodyfat measured yesterday in a bodpod, and it came in at 9.4%. I use digital calipers which have been putting me at 9-10, and I thought they were being pretty nice. I would say the bodpod is pretty accurate.

Kaynott502 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Theory and my attempt at testing consistency

Originally Posted by Skydiver32 View Post
    I just had my bodyfat measured yesterday in a bodpod, and it came in at 9.4%. I use digital calipers which have been putting me at 9-10, and I thought they were being pretty nice. I would say the bodpod is pretty accurate.
    My understanding is that everyone and I mean everyone estimates BF levels low and the BodPod is the most accurate measurement. What I'm saying is that, from my education and extrapolated reasoning, it is so rare to see anyone at 4% body fat (I'm talking starving ****lis barely get there before death from starvation rare) and we are estimating Olympia athletes BF levels on the low end. Don't go nailing me to a cross, this is just my theory, and that of a few scientists I've read articles from. One made a convincing argument that guys like Ronnie, Dorian, Jay, and Phil are so muscular and large that higher bodyfat % would be necessary to survival for simple skin elasticity purposes and that what they look like @ 8-9% a guy that 100lbs smaller would need to make it down to 4-6% to get the same definition. (Please excuse the giant f*cking run on sentence.) Again just a thoery, I'd be glad to say I'm wrong if anyone can post a dated bodpod results sheet from any open division olympia athlete from the last couple years.

So, on a different note, I'll have BodPod Access this week, (almost exactly one year since I was last in) so I'll get to see my annual progress. But for the sake of checking a theory I went to LA Fitness today and had a "salesman" check my BF levels on his Nintendo 64 bit controller thingy. My bf levels today are 22% (only 30 ounces of water since waking and after drinking only 30 yesterday) so I'm going moderately dehydrated. I plan on having him check me again after getting 2 or 3 days of 120-150 ounces water daily. So I'll post the bod pod (last years + this years) and second gameboy controller results when I have them.

By the way I'm in exactly the same shape as my profile pic, it's only a month old and diet has been in maintenance calories so I haven't changed much if at all. If you want to hand out your opinion on my current body fat levels we can have a "whoever gets the closest to the BodPod results, will get a personal air guitar solo from your imaginary friend" prize.

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The BodPod testing is very accurate and one of the best methods available. The only testing method more accurate is Dexa testing
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

my results

just had mine tested. Found out ive been underestimating at around 1.5% but that could also mean the bodpod over estimated too because their range of accuracy is 1-2.7%. Anyway i was using the handheld before that in athlete mode because thats what i was classified under. But I found out that normal is a closer estimate. Here is a pic of my results
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hmdemarzino; 06-23-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Groove Phi Groove SFI

"We all have a purpose, find yours!"

mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hmdemarzino View Post
    just had mine tested. Found out ive been underestimating at around 1.5% but that could also mean the bodpod over estimated too because their range of accuracy is 1-2.7%. Anyway i was using the handheld before that in athlete mode because thats what i was classified under. But I found out that normal is a closer estimate. Here is a pic of my results
    Your full name and DOB are listed in your bod pod results. Depending on how paranoid you are about identity theft, you might want to take that down and re-post with some of that info blurred out.

Anyway, re: the topic at hand, I don't put my implicit trust in Bod Pod results (since I can't verify if it's been calibrated properly, well maintained, user error [either on the part of me or the operator], etc.), but I trust it as generally accurate.

I did on a Bod Pod on 8/23/13. This was after 3-4 months of cutting and ~40 lbs lost. I was 169.8 lbs at the time. Result was 26.5% body fat.

Did a second Bod Pod on 11/22/13. This was after an additional 30 days of cutting, plus 60 days of "bulking" (though it retrospect, it was a poorly executed bulk). I weighed 167.3 for this test. Result was 20.3% body fat.

Then did a third Bod Pod on 3/14/14. This was after another 60 days of bulking (the aforementioned "poorly executed" bulk) followed by 60 days of cutting. Weighed 157.4 lbs. Result was 17.6% body fat.

I'll be going in for a 4th Bod Pod test when I get down to 150 lbs (currently at 155.2).

Summary:
    8/23/13 - 169.8 lbs, 26.5% body fat (after ~90 days cutting)
    11/22/13 - 167.3 lbs, 20.3% body fat (after an additional 30 days cutting + 60 days bulking)
    3/14/14 - 157.4 lbs, 17.6% body fat (after an additional 60 days bulking + 60 days cutting)

Here's a link to a thread showing my First and Second Bod Pod pics + results.
    Last edited by mavajo; 06-23-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    Started in April, 2013 at 212 lbs. Completely inactive at the time. Fat with zero muscle mass.
    Before/After Thread at the end of my first cut (April '13 - October '13 - 6 mos): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157820563

hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hmdemarzino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mavajo View Post
    Your full name and DOB are listed in your bod pod results. Depending on how paranoid you are about identity theft, you might want to take that down and re-post with some of that info blurred out.

Anyway, re: the topic at hand, I don't put my implicit trust in Bod Pod results (since I can't verify if it's been calibrated properly, well maintained, user error [either on the part of me or the operator], etc.), but I trust it as generally accurate.

I did on a Bod Pod on 8/23/13. This was after 3-4 months of cutting and ~40 lbs lost. I was 169.8 lbs at the time. Result was 26.5% body fat.

Did a second Bod Pod on 11/22/13. This was after an additional 30 days of cutting, plus 60 days of "bulking" (though it retrospect, it was a poorly executed bulk). I weighed 167.3 for this test. Result was 20.3% body fat.

Then did a third Bod Pod on 3/14/14. This was after another 60 days of bulking (the aforementioned "poorly executed" bulk) followed by 60 days of cutting. Weighed 157.4 lbs. Result was 17.6% body fat.

I'll be going in for a 4th Bod Pod test when I get down to 150 lbs (currently at 155.2).

Summary:
    8/23/13 - 169.8 lbs, 26.5% body fat (after ~90 days cutting)
    11/22/13 - 167.3 lbs, 20.3% body fat (after an additional 30 days cutting + 60 days bulking)
    3/14/14 - 157.4 lbs, 17.6% body fat (after an additional 60 days bulking + 60 days cutting)

Here's a link to a thread showing my First and Second Bod Pod pics + results.
    i feel you. dont see the link you were posting
    Groove Phi Groove SFI

"We all have a purpose, find yours!"

DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DEEETS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think DEXA (DXA) is considered the most accurate, a guy here did both and got almost the same results from DEXA and bodpod 28.6% and 29.3% respectively.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=161804173

EDIT - didn't realise date of OP. meh, might help someone who does a search.
    My losing fat log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165340371
    24/3 - 135kg
    28/4 - 124.5kg [-10.5]
    12/5 - Quit Smoking
    01/9 - 139kg - out of control

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is their depth"

mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hmdemarzino View Post
    i feel you. dont see the link you were posting
    Whoops. Here you go.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=158435043
    Started in April, 2013 at 212 lbs. Completely inactive at the time. Fat with zero muscle mass.
    Before/After Thread at the end of my first cut (April '13 - October '13 - 6 mos): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157820563

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think is general BodPod is accurate so long as you follow the protocol they lay out, as in no eating, drink, exercise within a certain time frame. Also, some BodPods use estimated thoracic gas volume rather than measuring it. That can cause an inaccuracy in the absolute BF value, but test to test will still be very accurate. I would trust it over any of the other home/gym measurement methods.

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DEEETS View Post
    I think DEXA (DXA) is considered the most accurate, a guy here did both and got almost the same results from DEXA and bodpod 28.6% and 29.3% respectively.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=161804173

EDIT - didn't realise date of OP. meh, might help someone who does a search.
    Dexa is definitely the most accurate but the results are in a league all on its own and isnt great to use to compare to other methods or even normal BF type averages/charts. Dexa is the only form of BF testing that includes testing visceral fat and the results can really skew the results in terms of we we think of in physical appearance. I typically average 3-4% less on a dexa test compared to bodpod testing and my wife typically comes in at 10-13% higher then the bodpod. I cant say with certanity if this is the norm but I've certainly seen many other posts with similar results where the guy comes in low and females come in high.
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931