meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question carbs after workout during cutting phase @ nite

hey, i just started my cutting phase and since theres supposed to be a window of aorund 2 hours were carbs arent stored as fat after working out i was wondering if i can take a high carb meal after workingout, but because of time my workout ends around 6pm or 7pm and i go to sleep at 9pm or 10pm, so im not sure if its a good idea to take high carb meal since i read many articles here suggesting not to take any carbs 3 hours before bed....
    peace.

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question ?

Why the hell would you take carbs after working out? if anything, i'd take the carbs before working out...that way, they would be used up as energy during the workout and i would not have to worry about them later...but if you insist on eating AFTER working out, then you should probably eat right after lifting...that way 1) your body absorbs the nutrients faster, and 2) Immediately after lifting, your body is burning calories at about 5-10 times more than normal...so there would be less chance of the carbs turning into fat when you go to bed.

meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/bigpost.htm read that, thats were i got the idea from maybe its wrong but i was doing it.... should i keep doing it?

Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    B A D,
    The best time to consume carbs is directly after a workout. Think of your muscles as a car, and carbs as gas. If you have a full tank of gas, would you fill up your tank? Of course not. But after you drive for a while, you will need to refuel. Just like when working out, your body uses all your muscle glycogen, and it must be replenished.
    "It's 10:00, did you drink your protein shake?"

"Gimme my ****, or be **** on"

Red face

so if its right to take carbs after workingout then is it good to do it at night (like 2 hours before sleeping) after workout while ur trying to loose fat?

James5567 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thats A good ?

Is there anyway to move your workout to earlier in the day?? If not you should be careful not to take in too many carbs, I would recommend a meal replacement drink, with about 20g carbs of it. This is very complicated because it is hard to know how much or if any of these carbs will be stored as fat... If i had a late workout I ate the carbs but I also did some late night cardio just in case....Tough Question man
    well good luck

howard600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howard600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carbs after a workout

carbs after a workout is correct . the reason is when you take carbs you stimulate an insulin spike
    insulin aids in transporting the amino acids(proteins ) into the muscles .

when cutting dont eat a big meal after 3pm . there is more of a tendancy for it to be stored as fats
    if you want to read more about this .ck out the book championship bodybuilding by chris aceto. chris has a web page ,you can find through a search. he competed as a teen ,went to springfield college ,ma .got a degree in excercise science .he writes now for flex . if you were thinking of competing ,thats the book ,i would get.
    howard