Closed Thread
    deedckronik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mistaken for another race.....Anyone???

Hello!
    I have something that had been bothering me a bit for quite a while now...and sorry, i do not know if this is the correct forum to start this thread, but anyway, i just need to get something off my chest and to ask a few questions.
    Are anyone here of mixed race or mistaken for other races before?

My dad is from singapore and my mum is White Australian. Technically speaking, I am sort of a Eurasian even though Australia is not from Europe but that's what most people think i am anyway.

A lot of people especially in the US thinks I am Spanish or Mexican or Latina. Some people think it's Fillipina, some people thinks it's Indonesian, some people thinks it's korean/Japanese. And then some people had said I look like Jennifer Lopez or Shakira. A lot of people think I am a Eurasian and a white man in the US thinks I am half mexican and half white and he proceeded to speak Spanish to me (because he had been living in mexico for a year)...when I told him I am sort of a mixed Eurasian...he just stared blankly at me. And a very nice man in Canada asked me if I am from Argentina.

The thing is, doesn't korean/japanese look very different from Spanish or half white? So why did some people think of that? That's what I can't figure out. It's been bothering me a lot because frankly, I just would like to be seen as the real me which is a eurasian and when some people get it wrong, I get very upset. If I had been called half white or spanish by so many people, why is it some other people couldn't see it at all and thought I was lying?
    I mean, i am very flattered when they thought I am spanish or Latina (even though I am fair or just slightly tanned)...but if they say something else and it's in a rude tone, i get real upset.
    Anybody else got mistaken for other races before?
    Also, can i please get this issue off my head. I do not want to be troubled by this but it seems almost (pardon me if I am wrong) everyone in the US is curious about the color of one's skin and I just wish that I am treated like a normal human being and not judged by the outer appearances.
    If i sound rude in any way , i apologise. I would like to hear any feedback from anyone.
    Thanks for reading and take care

sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000) sHaDyOneDeath is a complete loser! (-2000)
    People think I'm White.

Im Mexican.

stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm mainly Filipino and German, with Chinese blood from my grandparents. I'm almost always asked if I'm either Chinese or Japanese (as if those are the only Asian nationalities they know of). I can understand why though, because of my dark hair and light skin.

I too, used to be a little bit annoyed with people, but have learned to let it go.

RUTHLESS AGGRESSION!!!! my_whey's Avatar
    my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my_whey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    *awaits for the gay "people think im black when i pull my pants down" joke*

Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm white (Romanian) and I've been confused for both Spanish and Lebanese. I don't see why you even care.

UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UltimateNYC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by my_whey View Post
    *awaits for the gay "people think im black when i pull my pants down" joke*
    "i'm black from the waist down"

MAAAAAAAAAN how you gonna steal a TV with your feet?!?!?
    PM me for Lockerz Invite + Reps