humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Air Alert Jump program

I will be starting this jump program from Monday next week and i will be keeping my log here if anyone is interested.

My Stats:
    6'5
    207 Lbs

I will asses my vertical before i start the program and on the sunday of every week i will post my new vertical. The only supps i will use will be Whey, Fish oil and Multi's.

This will be my workout:
    Attached Images

JakeByrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeByrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeByrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeByrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cool man. I tried Air Alert in High school and liked the workout, but was dissapointed that it didn't add 6" + to my vertical like they advertise. I had tiny legs back then though, and it still added a few inches to my vert. I'd like to know when you finish how much it adds for you I was thinking about doing the AA workouts once or twice a week again to help my sprints.

humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JakeByrd View Post
    Cool man. I tried Air Alert in High school and liked the workout, but was dissapointed that it didn't add 6" + to my vertical like they advertise. I had tiny legs back then though, and it still added a few inches to my vert. I'd like to know when you finish how much it adds for you I was thinking about doing the AA workouts once or twice a week again to help my sprints.
    Which number was that? i am doin there new one number 4 and how much did it add for you back then?

JakeByrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeByrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeByrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeByrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i'm pretty sure it was either 2 or 3, but I can't remember as it was when I was like, 15 years old. I would say it added around 4" to my vertical. It got me from barely getting my fingertips on a basketball rim, to being able to touch my wrist against the rim. My vert. Is still about the same, but I've done tons of squats since then, and gained about 60 lbs total body weight since, and am thinking that now that I have strong legs it may benefit me more by doing the program now.

JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can take or leave this advice, but I'm just letting you know in the vertical jump training world Air Alert is considered a terrible program. It is way too endurance intensive and will **** up your knees beyond all repair if you do it full out. From the programs I've read and used I could write a better program in 30 minutes, I kid you not. Since this forum is all bb you probably won't hear this from anyone else, but if you try any vertical jump forum you will hear the same thing. Like I said feel free to ignore this I won't be hurt, but I'm only 20 and there's no way I would risk my future in basketball on Air Alert.

Good luck regardless, dunking is a lot of fun

Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by humsie View Post
    I will be starting this jump program from Monday next week and i will be keeping my log here if anyone is interested.

My Stats:
    6'5
    207 Lbs

I will asses my vertical before i start the program and on the sunday of every week i will post my new vertical. The only supps i will use will be Whey, Fish oil and Multi's.

This will be my workout:
    Don't do Air Alert! Google "Air Alert knee injury" and you'll get plenty of info about people who've damaged their knees doing the program. Below is a review of the program by Jack Woodrup. His site has lots of info on vertical jumping.

www,verticaljumping,com/air_alert.html (change commas to dots)

Originally Posted by JMAG90 View Post
    You can take or leave this advice, but I'm just letting you know in the vertical jump training world Air Alert is considered a terrible program. It is way too endurance intensive and will **** up your knees beyond all repair if you do it full out. From the programs I've read and used I could write a better program in 30 minutes, I kid you not. Since this forum is all bb you probably won't hear this from anyone else, but if you try any vertical jump forum you will hear the same thing. Like I said feel free to ignore this I won't be hurt, but I'm only 20 and there's no way I would risk my future in basketball on Air Alert.

Good luck regardless, dunking is a lot of fun
    I dont' know a lot about vertical jump training. Since you seem so sure about the ill affects of AA, would you mind giving me a few pointers? I am also planning on adding some vert. training into my program this year, and it isn't exactly my area of expertise.

JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JakeByrd View Post
    I dont' know a lot about vertical jump training. Since you seem so sure about the ill affects of AA, would you mind giving me a few pointers? I am also planning on adding some vert. training into my program this year, and it isn't exactly my area of expertise.
    If you want to be lazy (not recommended) you can buy a decent program like The jump manual or one of the other well-reviewed ones.

If you are semi-motivated, check out the program on here by Dr. Squat about increasing your vertical. He is one of the top jumpers AND squatters in the world.

But as always, the best thing to do is take a program such as Dr. Squats and adapt it to your own needs.

If you want to put on mass/ keep your upper body big while working on your vertical, i'll give you the 4 day split I use (the one I mentioned). This won't get you results as fast as if you were training vertical alone, obviously, but it works great for me.

Whatever program you do, look up depth jumps, and DO THEM. I don't care how retarded you look at the gym. Dr. Squat doesn't include them in the program for like the first few months (IIRC), which I believe is his one mistake. Oh and do all your leg work EXPLOSIVELY from now on, you want to move weight fast not move a lot of weight slow.

If you want to be lazy (not recommended) you can buy a decent program like The jump manual or one of the other well-reviewed ones.

If you are semi-motivated, check out the program on here by Dr. Squat about increasing your vertical. He is one of the top jumpers AND squatters in the world.

But as always, the best thing to do is take a program such as Dr. Squats and adapt it to your own needs.

If you want to put on mass/ keep your upper body big while working on your vertical, i'll give you the 4 day split I use (the one I mentioned). This won't get you results as fast as if you were training vertical alone, obviously, but it works great for me.

Whatever program you do, look up depth jumps, and DO THEM. I don't care how retarded you look at the gym. Dr. Squat doesn't include them in the program for like the first few months (IIRC), which I believe is his one mistake. Oh and do all your leg work EXPLOSIVELY from now on, you want to move weight fast not move a lot of weight slow.
    Thanks for the input I'll check his program out. I am more or less wanting to keep doing my own thing (so to speak) and add some elements of vertical training into it. I figure If I'm keeping around the same vertical as I have for freakin ever, if I actually train it a bit it should go up.

Edit: Actually, I'm looking for Dr. Squats program and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a link?
    Last edited by JakeByrd; 04-20-2011 at 01:26 PM.

I got you son:

bodybuilding.com/fun/drsquat18.htm

I got you son:

Thanks. I am re-doing my workout to shock my body starting tomorrow! I'm going to add some of his ideas to help my vert.

Do you reckon i should take some stuff out and only do 2 or 3 of the exercises?

That many reps of anything is not a good idea. Think about it: If you wanted to win a 100m sprint, would you train by running 3 miles straight a day or would you sprint at your top speed with rests in between? The same is true for training your vertical: you don't want to get good at jumping a short height 200 times in a row, you want to get good at jumping as high as you can with time in between.

You need to find ways to overload your legs in a reactive way: weighted jump squats, depth jumps, altitude landings, explosive squats, etc...

Calf raises, ham curls, etc are all great too, but without plyometrics you won't see any decent gains

I have decided to change my program to this:

Calf Raises
    12 reps
    3 sets
    Ham raises
    12 reps
    3 sets
    Explosive squats
    12 reps
    3 sets
    Depth jumps
    12 reps
    3 sets
    Split squat
    12 reps
    3 sets
    Box jump
    12 reps
    3 sets
    Single leg squat
    12 reps
    3 sets

2-3 mins rest between sets.

That actually sounds really good for a starting program. 2-3 minutes of rest is good because you want to make sure you are doing them all to your full potential.

These are the Movements i plan on doing, looking for comments on my form. Starting tomorrow i will post my vertical later on tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbZa3vHipU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArltsBPLOP8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWLpEZv9Qc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brcNN3xVY_M
    Last edited by humsie; 04-24-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Started today and measured my vertical, it was a crappy 15.5 inches.
    I will be doing my program 3 days a week: monday, wednesday, friday and lifting upper body tuesday thursday.

I did all my exercises i stated above and all went well.

galtarafal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I got you son:

Sick thanks.

Would you recommend doing this with an upper body workout?

For example,
    Monday - Dr. Squat
    Tuesday - Upper
    Wednesday - Dr. Squat
    Thursday - Off
    Friday - Dr. Squat
    Saturday - Upper

Something like that?

Wednesday

2nd day of my jump program all went well, completed all exercises only friday in my routine left and i will report back on sunday night if i have improved at all.

schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    totally agree with everyone saying that the program will f*** up your knees.
    if you still want to go ahead and do it, definitely invest in a good pair of shock absorbant trainers

douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50) douglis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow!Is the Air Alert still around?
    I tried 20 years ago in high school.It's true that you'll gain inches in vertical but your knees are in danger(from my experience).There're much safer alternatives with almost equal results like functional isometrics.Take a look here:
    http://www.athleticquickness.com/Jump-Higher.asp

With a good google search you'll find the exercises for free(if not mail me).

I've started my second week of my jump program. I measured my jump at the start before training and it is up to: 17".

Training was good today i was up for it as i always am at the start of the week.