Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In!!

(First on the second page...sad day)
    Last edited by VAnick; 04-15-2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: damnit

Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by YeomenKek View Post
    Me neither, rather a way to structure your own diet.

The way I see it, someone who has their own definitions of 'clean' and 'dirty' foods would split them into 2 groups and structure a diet out of the 'clean' ones.

Someone with an IIFYMesque approach would split them into 3 groups - protein, fat and preferences - and then structure a diet from the protein and fats groups to meet requirements before filling the rest with foods they crave on a regular basis or just grew up eating and love to have. That's what I do anyway.

The biggest problem for me when I first started dieting without knowing the IIFYM approach was that I would structure a diet out of the defined 'clean' food group and follow that diet until it go so monotonously depressing that I would binge and feel guilty about it for days (usually cut to a severe deficit to try and compensate, which would just start the cycle again). I owe much of the IIFYM approach to not only new physical appearance, but also my psychological disposition with food.
    Yea, it's more of a dieting concept/philosophy rather than a diet itself. People need to realize that and stop posting stupid sh!t!

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good job on the sticky man. reps on recharge

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    dat - I actually am starting to believe it can/should be recommended to newbies. The "TIPS" posted in the OP's post stated you should work to get your macro's from whole foods as much as possible (sorry I'm paraphrasing here). I have always known how to count calories and work in a deficit or surplus, but honestly was somewhat spinning my wheels.

Using some common sense and the tools provided in this forum and the net...a person can learn - from the start - to properly count macros and make inteligent eating decisions throughout the day/week. Why not learn to do that from the start instead of building up walls and potentially uneccesary habits in your nutrition.

I will give you a good example. I ran out of whey a few weeks ago and didn't have enough for my PWO shake...I literally freaked. This maybe an extreme example, but I honestly know a lot of people who are hung up on nutrient timing. Spending several hours reading and studying the evidence I know better now. I rushed out and ordered $xxx of protein when I didn't need to for that purpose.

I understand what you are saying, but I am slowly coming to the reality that I want to learn/live/eat/whatever efficiently. I'm sold on the fact that meeting daily macro goals is the key. What harm can it do to educate and encourage people to do this from the start.

All of that said, I appreciate the discussions we can all have from this. Thanks OP for putting this together. I really see where so many people are struggling with this...I had to take a deep breath myself.
    Originally Posted by angryguywalking View Post
    The OP already said have the diet revolve around wholesome foods (80%) and the other 20% can be whatever you want.

I don't think anyone would do the first place, because if I did I'd be more starving than an Ethiopian.
    I agree with what you are saying, but the problem is, most people don't have common sense when it comes to this stuff. Many people want to be spoon fed and don't want to do any of the work to learn about nutrition.

The problem is, it is called "If It Fits Your Macros", and "fitting your macros" is not the sole condition checked when making food choices.

But maybe that's the point? The one's who follow the "IIFYM" catch-cry blindly don't get anywhere, and those who take the time to do it properly make progress. Survival of the smartest.

It's far too late now, the IIFYM bandwagon has set off and is well rooted. This sticky is a good idea, but it relies on people actually reading it. I'll wager that if everyone read the stickies, this IIFYM "idea" (you're right, it's not a diet) would never have been conceived.

So all in all, although good intentions were meant, all this will do is add another dimension to the multitude of **** threads posted by people who are too lazy to read!

I'm in a cynical mood tonight.

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dat View Post
    I agree with what you are saying, but the problem is, most people don't have common sense when it comes to this stuff. Many people want to be spoon fed and don't want to do any of the work to learn about nutrition.

The problem is, it is called "If It Fits Your Macros", and "fitting your macros" is not the sole condition checked when making food choices.

But maybe that's the point? The one's who follow the "IIFYM" catch-cry blindly don't get anywhere, and those who take the time to do it properly make progress. Survival of the smartest.

It's far too late now, the IIFYM bandwagon has set off and is well rooted. This sticky is a good idea, but it relies on people actually reading it. I'll wager that if everyone read the stickies, this IIFYM "idea" (you're right, it's not a diet) would never have been conceived.

So all in all, although good intentions were meant, all this will do is add another dimension to the multitude of **** threads posted by people who are too lazy to read!

I'm in a cynical mood tonight.
    I will agree with you! People don't have common sense...and they want to be spoon fed!

It's a tough thing for sure. Years ago I had to be spoon fed too...let me rephrase that. I wanted to be, but I didn't need to be. Thankfully some people were willing to be patient with me. A little patience goes a long way on the forum...as well as a little searching. It goes both ways. And thankfully MOST people play by those rules (I'm an optimist at worst).

I'm feeling a bit cynical myself and it's the middle of the day where I am at.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally, another sticky for all the n00bs to just ignore, LOL.

J/K bro, great job compiling the info.

Repped.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In on 2nd page. Late comer.

Semi-aesthetic Diabetic bilaba70's Avatar
    bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bilaba70 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    8th on 2nd page, oh yeah baby!
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

☾osmic ☾rew
    ✪Saiyan ☾rew✪

***Support Diabetes Research***
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135266991

Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I fill up my car at the gas station, I put in 80% 93 octane, then I top it off with a mixture of water and sugar. brb, walking to the bus stop to go pickup my car from the shop.
    Cottage Cheese is a hell of a drug.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rugger7 View Post
    When I fill up my car at the gas station, I put in 80% 93 octane, then I top it off with a mixture of water and sugar. brb, walking to the bus stop to go pickup my car from the shop.
    Lulz at comparing a human being with a car.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    isthisreallife?

Props for the write up! However I think that most noobs will still be confused, but it sure will help most. Time will tell.
    Just a weight lifter

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You pee your pants?
    Just a weight lifter

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    You're pretty outspoken about dietary perfectionism. Why didn't you join the competition?

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    You pee your pants?
    That's not pee. It's high-octane fuel.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Definitely mad.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sawoobley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Lulz at comparing a human being with a car.
    He's revving up his car's metabolic fire.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by YeomenKek View Post

-200lb man at 20% body fat wants to lose weight
    -Maintenance calories: 3000
    -Calories to cut: 2400
    -1.5g protein per lb/LBM: (1.5 * 160) 240g
    -0.45g fat per lb/BW: (200 * 0.45) 90g
    -Calories from fats + protein minimums: (240 * 4) + (90 * 9) = 1770
    -Calories from reaching minimums taken from calories to cut: (2400 - 1770) 630
    -He has 630 kcal left to fill with whatever foods he chooses and still lose weight as a result of remaining in a calorie deficit.
    The bolded part sparked a couple of thoughts:

So is there no attention paid to the amount of carb calories that should be consumed? If so, why?

Is there a higher priority placed on calories consumed from proteins and fats? If so, why?

IMO, worrying about specific protein and fat intake amounts and letting the carb chips fall where they may seems a bit strange. Can someone explain this?

I actually have an idea on how to improve this system, as there are is a significant design flaw that I see, not dealing with my above carb questions. I don't have the time to explain it now, but I definitely will in the future. In the meantime, any chance of answering my questions above?

Thanks
    Have a coaching, training, nutrition question? PM me!

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation

You pee your pants?

HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    finally stickied!
    No Excuses!
    EAT CHOCOLATE!
    NASM CPT

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post

So is there no attention paid to the amount of carb calories that should be consumed? If so, why?

Is there a higher priority placed on calories consumed from proteins and fats? If so, why?

IMO, worrying about specific protein and fat intake amounts and letting the carb chips fall where they may seems a bit strange. Can someone explain this?

I actually have an idea on how to improve this system, as there are is a significant design flaw that I see, not dealing with my above carb questions. I don't have the time to explain it now, but I definitely will in the future. In the meantime, any chance of answering my questions above?

Thanks
    Once you set up protein and fat requirements, carbohydrates are going to fill in the rest regardless since that's all that's left

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by midcoastking33 View Post
    Once you set up protein and fat requirements, carbohydrates are going to fill in the rest regardless since that's all that's left
    Wrong.

The post says the sample trainee has 600some calories to fill the rest of the daily calorie requirements. Those calories could be coming from any food source, as it does not say to consume primary carb sources to obtain those 600some calories.

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wrong.

The post says the sample trainee has 600some calories to fill the rest of the daily calorie requirements. Those calories could be coming from any food source, as it does not say to consume primary carb sources to obtain those 600some calories.
    As far as fat loss is considered it doesn't matter at all. Maybe from a training or insulin sensitivity standpoint but that's it

As far as fat loss is considered it doesn't matter at all. Maybe from a training or insulin sensitivity standpoint but that's it
    If that is the mindset of the program, why aim for a targeted amount of any macro? Shouldn't the sample program just say "eat 2400 calories" and call it a day?

I really don't want to get into a debate with you about my statement towards you. Your response just wasn't correct, and it didn't answer my question effectively. No worries, I'm just waiting for one of the IIFYM bosses to step in.

If that is the mindset of the program, why aim for a targeted amount of any macro? Shouldn't the sample program just say "eat 2400 calories" and call it a day?

I really don't want to get into a debate with you about my statement towards you. Your response just wasn't correct, and it didn't answer my question effectively. No worries, I'm just waiting for one of the IIFYM bosses to step in.
    Sorry man, I don't know the stickies all that well. This is what I follow:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ts-part-2.html

Basically protein reqs for maintenance of muscle mass, fat for hormone function. Plus those two are more satiating than carbs. The regulars can fill you in on exactly why their numbers are what they are, it's definitely not just cals in cals out though

Sorry man, I don't know the stickies all that well. This is what I follow:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ts-part-2.html

Basically protein reqs for maintenance of muscle mass, fat for hormone function. Plus those two are more satiating than carbs. The regulars can fill you in on exactly why their numbers are what they are, it's definitely not just cals in cals out though
    Thanks for understanding. Repped.

Show credentials phaggot. Joseph1990's Avatar
    Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks
    Protein and fat are the only essential macronutrients as in they sustain life, without them you die.

CHO are your body's primary energy source but not the only one. With this in mind theoretically speaking you should fill the remainder of your caloric intake with CHO if you wish to be most efficient. However this dose not always translate into the real world. Some people notice no increase or difference in energy levels with carbs ranging from 100-400, these same people might prefer to consume more dietary fat or protein if they can fit it in their calorie intake for various reasons, taste, satiety, etc.

IIFYM is here to make things easier and more flexible, not to be the most elite restrictive diet plan of the century.

As far as weight gain and weight loss is concerned yes it is cals in vs cals out.
    "The future will view all of history as a crime, so tell me, when is it time to rise?"

Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joseph1990 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lets all take advice from the man who pee's his pants.
    "The future will view all of history as a crime, so tell me, when is it time to rise?"

Originally Posted by Joseph1990 View Post
    Protein and fat are the only essential macronutrients as in they sustain life, without them you die.

CHO are your body's primary energy source but not the only one. With this in mind theoretically speaking you should fill the remainder of your caloric intake with CHO if you wish to be most efficient. However this dose not always translate into the real world. Some people notice no increase or difference in energy levels with carbs ranging from 100-400, these same people might prefer to consume more dietary fat or protein if they can fit it in their calorie intake for various reasons, taste, satiety, etc.

IIFYM is here to make things easier and more flexible, not to be the most elite restrictive diet plan of the century.
    Now we're getting somewhere.

One issue that I see is that it would be easier for the sample trainee to shoot for a certain amount of calories from foods that primarily provide protein calories, foods that primarily provide fat calories, and foods that primarily provide carb calories. This would be an easier approach as opposed to worrying about hitting an exact amount of PC&F macros.

Agree?

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Joseph1990 View Post
    Lets all take advice from the man who pee's his pants.
    who cares that he peed his pants?

its the fact that he was dumb enough to take a picture of it and post it. That shows his true intelligence.

Now we're getting somewhere.

One issue that I see is that it would be easier for the sample trainee to shoot for a certain amount of calories from foods that primarily provide protein calories, foods that primarily provide fat calories, and foods that primarily provide carb calories. This would be an easier approach as opposed to worrying about hitting an exact amount of PC&F macros.

Agree?
    Strongly disagree and have no idea how you came to that conclusion/logic.

Anything you consume is made up of either fats, protein, carbs, or a combination of the 3. AFAIK alcohol is the only true empty calorie.