Closed Thread
Page 158 of 326 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 9755
    Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Which one... The Seafoam thing? Or the Boat out in the cold thing?

I mean it's well documented that it's on both our "Bucket Lists" for Fitty and I to go ice fishing together wearing seafoam shirts.

Up here in the cold weather of late fall, before ice up the fish bite like Crazy. So the more you're willing to tough it out the more of these pan arctic fish you can catch.

But the days of me chipping ice out of my beard and watching the water port on the boat motor are pretty much in the rear view mirror!
    You said it would be strange to have a season where you don't have an ice up. Doesn't seem strange at all to me.

Link for those of you who might not be aware of the sea foam thing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post789508853
    That cracks me the hell up no matter how many times I read it.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What I need to know about down there is summer and early fall festivals!

I work with Iowa and basically all the states that border it. And so far Iowa is by far the Least co-operative.

I've actually found in general that the more interstates that pass thru an area the more grumpy the people are.

You call the UP of Michigan, DAMN everyone up there is nice!
    Total miles of interstate in the UP = 43
    What kind of festivals are you looking for? Big, small, certain types, or everything tourist?
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I'm hoping for bow hunting this weekend, but looking like rain the whole time so I might kick back and save my resources. We'll be blasting ducks most of January though.
    I still have an unopened box of Winchesters on my gun safe.. Maybe tomorrow.

I think Im beginning to like predator hunting more than deer. I dont know if I suck less or there are more yotes than deer.
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    I still have an unopened box of Winchesters on my gun safe.. Maybe tomorrow.

I think Im beginning to like predator hunting more than deer. I dont know if I suck less or there are more yotes than deer.
    There's no age or size quota, you see one you shoot it. I like hunting things that I can call to me, predators, ducks, turkey, etc. I can't call deer to save my life.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    What kind of festivals are you looking for? Big, small, certain types, or everything tourist?
    Probably on the Big side... The kind of stuff you could bring a tour bus to for a day trip and then there's a local hotel for everyone to stay in.

Cultural festivals are way more in demand than say a county fair.

Most places you call the CVB and even if they say No, they'll give you a lead on a festival or who to call etc... Every other state does is like that... Iowa is not.

For some reason Iowans hate helping other Iowans or something????
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    You said it would be strange to have a season where you don't have an ice up. Doesn't seem strange at all to me.

That cracks me the hell up no matter how many times I read it.
    Yeah I was suprised I was able to keep a straight face.

Luckily there were some other shirts in the mix that I didn't see the first time that I really liked.

So all I really have to do now is get some goat blood and a cigar burn on the sea foam shirt and the whole situation washes out as a net win!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's no age or size quota, you see one you shoot it. I like hunting things that I can call to me, predators, ducks, turkey, etc. I can't call deer to save my life.
    Same here.

Seems like my dad can hit 2 sticks together and bucks come running but no me. Coyotes are pretty call responsive so theres usually more action. The occasional cat or fox makes it nice as well.

Been plenty of lion reports in my area as of late. Im just waiting on the day when one is hungry enough to come into my call.

Yeah I was suprised I was able to keep a straight face.

Luckily there were some other shirts in the mix that I didn't see the first time that I really liked.

So all I really have to do now is get some goat blood and a cigar burn on the sea foam shirt and the whole situation washes out as a net win!
    Lol ok I give up. I own a seafoam v-neck. I think the wife bought it for me this last summer and Ive done my best to get by without wearing it.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That would be strange, to never have an ice up in a season. Do you still just go out in a boat and fish in the cold?
    I forget what year, I think late 80's. Not enough ice to fish on, too much ice to long rod it. Long winter was long.
    Psalm 121

Same here.

Seems like my dad can hit 2 sticks together and bucks come running but no me. Coyotes are pretty call responsive so theres usually more action. The occasional cat or fox makes it nice as well.

Been plenty of lion reports in my area as of late. Im just waiting on the day when one is hungry enough to come into my call.
    I'm still laughing my ass off over this last weekend driving back from ice fishing camp... Come over this hill in the forest and my buddy (The City Kitty) points to the side of the dirt road and says "Dog!" with this tone like he's saving my blind ass from driving right into it.

A heart beat later my buddy in the back seat points at the same damn thing and says "Deer."
    6'4"

Lol ok I give up. I own a seafoam v-neck. I think the wife bought it for me this last summer and Ive done my best to get by without wearing it.
    V-Neck... ?

V-Neck?

Seafoam!

V-Neck!

You sure you don't want me to use my Mod powers to edit a "No Homo" into that post?
    6'4"

I'm still laughing my ass off over this last weekend driving back from ice fishing camp... Come over this hill in the forest and my buddy (The City Kitty) points to the side of the dirt road and says "Dog!" with this tone like he's saving my blind ass from driving right into it.

A heart beat later my buddy in the back seat points at the same damn thing and says "Deer."
    When I was a kid my dad leased about 6000 acres and sub leased to some other hunters. We're all hanging in camp and we keep seeing this spotlight flashing all over so went to go check it out. We get way out to the back of this property and found a big old topless Chevy Blazer driving around with two teenage kids standing in the back with a spotlight. The guy was one of the guys on the lease so we talked for a while after telling him that it wasn't cool to be running around spotlighting the ranch. As we're talking one of the kids fires up the spotlight and shines it into the field on about 50 head of cattle, spotlight kid was like DAD! Look at all those deer!!!! The other kid started laughing, said Those aren't deer you idiot, those are sheep. My dad successfully bit his tongue but my sister and I were LOAO and the other kids' dad got a good chuckle out of it too.

RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You gotta clean those wooly deer or longhorned deer really, really fast.

Just to make you guys jealous, I just got back from a nearly "no service" run - no shoes, shorts, and a t-shirt........and, it was misting or I would've taken off the shirt to let the stay-at-homes and retirees get a glimpse of my manly (not quite mainly) grey chest hair.

The only time I miss the cold (we moved back to TX from CO a couple of years ago) is when it's cold here - 20 degrees and 80% humidity is a ton colder than 0 degrees and dry.

I didn't even know that snow could make that squeaky noise until we moved up there.
    No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service.

Ah... The Challenge begins...

Between now and December 22nd I have the chance to make $4600...

All $36 at a shot!

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten cauliflower ear from talking on the phone?
    6'4"

Originally Posted by RMBros View Post
    You gotta clean those wooly deer or longhorned deer really, really fast.

Just to make you guys jealous, I just got back from a nearly "no service" run - no shoes, shorts, and a t-shirt........and, it was misting or I would've taken off the shirt to let the stay-at-homes and retirees get a glimpse of my manly (not quite mainly) grey chest hair.

The only time I miss the cold (we moved back to TX from CO a couple of years ago) is when it's cold here - 20 degrees and 80% humidity is a ton colder than 0 degrees and dry.

I didn't even know that snow could make that squeaky noise until we moved up there.
    Zero degrees is still shorts weather...

Okay maybe not...

But I've been outside in boxer shorts and a stalking cap in -37 before (Personal record) Took a leak, caught a pike and contemplated having to chop a toe off with a hatchet for about 2 hours after that!
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    The only thing "seafoam" I own comes in a can and makes motors go "VROOM".
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    The only thing "seafoam" I own comes in a can and makes motors go "VROOM".
    Yeah I've always figured you as more of a "Salmon" and "Periwinkle" kind of guy!
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RMBros View Post
    Biggest reported in the wild was 200lbs.

Biggest in a zoo was 240lbs.

So, it would take a big one to be my size.
    An interesting thing to watch is a Panther taking one down.

Originally Posted by fitnessman View Post
    This will be my last weekend of Duck hunting for the season. Then pray for ice.

Here in NE Ohio I have been out as early as Dec 7th and as late as never.
    If someone hadn't thrown the fukn Pox blanket in bed with me the other day I'd be all over it.

That would be strange, to never have an ice up in a season. Do you still just go out in a boat and fish in the cold?
    I find ice on anything strange. It's so rare that it gets cold enough here to even walk on which is fine by me.

But I've been outside in boxer shorts and a stalking cap in -37 before (Personal record) Took a leak, caught a pike and contemplated having to chop a toe off with a hatchet for about 2 hours after that!
    Ain't too bright fer a white boy are ya?

Yeah I've always figured you as more of a "Salmon" and "Periwinkle" kind of guy!
    Fitty's a salmon kinda guy, I have pics of him in a SALMON thong, NO FUKN HOMO!!!!

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Zero degrees is still shorts weather...

Okay maybe not...

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post

Ain't too bright fer a white boy are ya?
    0 degrees might not be "shorts weather" but I rarely wear more than a t shirt until it gets below zero unless I'm outside for an extended period of time.

That's just how we roll up here.

On the other hand, one tick above 80 degrees and I'm running for the nearest air conditioned building I can find.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    0 degrees might not be "shorts weather" but I rarely wear more than a t shirt until it gets below zero unless I'm outside for an extended period of time.

That's just how we roll up here.

On the other hand, one tick above 80 degrees and I'm running for the nearest air conditioned building I can find.
    I wear shorts and a t shirt down into the 30's unless I'm outside AND you'd die down here in the summer with 98 in the shade and 20 bazillion% humidity. That's just my kinda weather. 80's during the day and in the 60's at night would suit me all year long.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One bad thing about being in the new place is the drive to work. It's now 15 miles each way instead of 3. Still not a bad commute, but I've been spoiled the last few years.........
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    I wear shorts and a t shirt down into the 30's unless I'm outside AND you'd die down here in the summer with 98 in the shade and 20 bazillion% humidity. That's just my kinda weather. 80's during the day and in the 60's at night would suit me all year long.
    We know about humidity up here, too. With nearly 15,000 lakes (the moniker 'Land of 10,000 Lakes' is way off) it gets humid. Last summer, we had a few days here in the 90s with the highest recorded humidity on the planet, and that includes the Amazon rainforest!

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    T boned this morning. FML
    Psalm 121

Luckily yall freeze over in the winter, humidity in the winter suxors. When I visit family in Colorado I get yelled at for walking around outside going on a hike in jeans and a t-shirt when it's in the teens but here in SA if it gets to 30 I'm freezing my arse off if I don't have a sweater and a beanie (I think yall call them tobogans?) on.

Well obviously you're OK since you're posting. Any injuries or you get off lucky? T-bone is no joke man, rest that neck it'll likely stiffen up on you later even if you feel fine now.

Luckily yall freeze over in the winter, humidity in the winter suxors. When I visit family in Colorado I get yelled at for walking around outside going on a hike in jeans and a t-shirt when it's in the teens but here in SA if it gets to 30 I'm freezing my arse off if I don't have a sweater and a beanie (I think yall call them tobogans?) on.
    A toboggan is a wooden sled. You were probably thinking of 'toque' (pronounced 'tuke') and that's what they call them in Canuckistan.

We know about humidity up here, too. With nearly 15,000 lakes (the moniker 'Land of 10,000 Lakes' is way off) it gets humid. Last summer, we had a few days here in the 90s with the highest recorded humidity on the planet, and that includes the Amazon rainforest!
    Yeah between the lakes, the rivers and the often unspoken transpiration of the crops it gets THICK up here.

I remember that back in July... It was something like 8-9-10 days that our humidity was higher in Caruca (at mouth of the Amazon.)
    6'4"

How many times have I told you not to slide your truck sideways into the grill of another vehicle?

Seriously though... Everything okay medically speaking?

How'd it happen?
    6'4"

A toboggan is a wooden sled. You were probably thinking of 'toque' (pronounced 'tuke') and that's what they call them in Canuckistan.
    Whatever dude... If you're not wearing a wooden sled on your melon in January, you're missing out!

In actuality as humid as it is up here in July and early August... we are even drier than a lot of desserts (Humidity wise) in the winter. This year especially. Normally I don't get cracked skin until Jan-Feb... But I'm already running into it after out super dry fall.
    6'4"

RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've heard them called toboggan caps down here - we're pretty clueless on anything cold-weather related.

Related to cold-weather gear - it was pretty common to see flip-flops out even when there was snow on the ground up in Boulder, but that could have something to do with the amount of weed that gets smoked there.

Like I said earlier, I agree with HairyScan., it feels way colder in TX when it/if it gets down below freezing. No trouble at all with shirt sleeves down past 0 up in CO.

And, speaking of losing toes to the weather, I was searching for some tips about barefoot running in cold weather and ran across this site: http://www.barefootrunner.org/winter/winter.htm

The guy ran barefoot on 15 different days when the weather was -20 F or lower in 2009.

Some people's idiocy makes mine seem so minor.

Here's a nice pic of the results of his early attempts at cold-weather running:

That was 2004 or 05 - says he learned not to run BF when the snow is too deep (over 9" - I think) or run through puddles when the temp is 10 or below......I think he said he "rarely" gets frostbite now - that's just too much craziness for me.
    No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service.

Closed Thread
Page 158 of 326 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast