Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)

[nfsc] drea is bulking here

Entering female muscle gain.
    Attached Images
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In. Good luck!
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you!

Here's my background info. From May to August 2010 I lost approximately 18 pounds doing what y'all would call keto. In August I joined the gym and in September I started lifting weights. At that time I started lurking, then posting, here and I figured out that I was not eating enough. From the stickies in the female forum, I figured out my maintenance to be 1700-1800 calories a day. By December I had lost another two pounds while visibly putting on muscle. I slowly bumped my calories up more to 1900, then 2000. For the last week or two I've been more like 2100. Since late December I've bounced back and forth between 112-115 pounds, depending on how bloated I am on any given day. (115 and bloated in my starting pics!) So while I am no longer losing weight, I'm not gaining either. Bulking, yur doin it rong. Hoping entering this contest will give me the courage to up my calories even more. Right now it feels like my metabolism is cranking.

I'm happy with the progress of my arms, shoulders, pecs, quads, and calves. Not so happy with my glutes and hammies, and my lats could stand to get a lot bigger too. I train fullbody 3x a week (right now twice w/ a trainer in small group personal training and once on my own.) I do 25-30 minutes of cardio 2 or 3 times a week, minimal ab work, and yoga whenever I can fit it in.

Oh, also, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm old.

Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You sure as heck don't look old.

Looking forward to following along.
    NFSC Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=663053791

** IF/IIFYM **

Thank you

I think I got up to about 2400 calories yesterday. Yikes. I went to the game and that may have involved an extremely large Italian sausage on an extremely large sub roll. Which I ate all of. Also some popcorn. No beer though, because it was too chilly for me to drink beer outside. (I know, I know, "man up." Heh.) Anyway, I did go to the gym and lift in between work and baseball. I think that's how this bulking business is supposed to work, right?

In other related news, since Monday I am back to taking a spoonful of MCT oil a day. Way too soon to tell if this will do anything other than make me flushed and nauseous, but the fact that it makes me flushed and nauseous lulls me into believing it's doing something. Ahem.

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In for muskles!!

looking forward to seeing your progress!
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

Today, on a day where I mostly sat in front of the computer, playing on the interwebs and doing my taxes (don't judge), the macros were 2124 calories, 124.8g protein, 119.8g fat, and 76.2 carbs. And 18g alcohol. I *said*, don't judge. If the universe didn't intend for us to drink pinot noir on a bulk, it wouldn't have provided grapes. God.

Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ha. My day yesterday included 37g of alcohol, so judgment can't come from over here. And mine included a (fatastic) mojito, which I can't claim has any health benefit. Unlike the two glasses of shiraz I had, which are indisputably good for my heart.
    NFSC Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=663053791

** IF/IIFYM **

braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Today, on a day where I mostly sat in front of the computer, playing on the interwebs and doing my taxes (don't judge), the macros were 2124 calories, 124.8g protein, 119.8g fat, and 76.2 carbs. And 18g alcohol. I *said*, don't judge. If the universe didn't intend for us to drink pinot noir on a bulk, it wouldn't have provided grapes. God.
    Solid macros. What is your lifting routine like?
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Originally Posted by Locavore View Post
    Ha. My day yesterday included 37g of alcohol, so judgment can't come from over here. And mine included a (fatastic) mojito, which I can't claim has any health benefit. Unlike the two glasses of shiraz I had, which are indisputably good for my heart.

Mojitos are good for your *mental* health. Like bacon. I thought everyone knew that

And every glass of red wine consumed has the equivilent cardovascular benefit of running two miles.

Okay, I just made that last part up, hahahaha.

Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    Solid macros. What is your lifting routine like?
    I do full body 3x a week, 3 sets in the 8-12 rep range. Pretty typical beginner workout, I guess. On the days I work with my trainer, we do it more circuit style because it's a group of us working out together. On the day I lift by myself, I do either supersets or do all my sets of one exercise together with longer rest in between.
    Last edited by dreahere; 04-14-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: can't type, obs

I do full body 3x a week, 3 sets in the 8-12 rep range. Pretty typical beginner workout, I guess. On the days I work with my trainer, we do it more circuit style because it's a group of us working out together. On the day I lift by myself, I do either supersets or do all my sets of one exercise together with longer rest in between.
    Right on. Keep up the great work. I am stoked to see your bulk results.

Today's totals (some slight guessing involved because I ate dinner out) on a day I worked, walked a couple miles, and trained in the evening (not my usual lifting time): 2141 calories, 128.8g protein, 152.2g fat, 77.4g carbs. 0g alcohol! Training after dinner felt great. I think I need to arrange my schedule to make that happen more often.

Well, that was fascinating.

I need to correct yesterday's entry 'cause I realized I made a mistake entering something in fitday and, yes, I am that anal. So yesterday's totals were: 2082 calories, 132.3g protein, 144.1g fat, 77.4g carb, 0g alcohol.

Okay, on to new business. Today I worked, walked a mile to the gym, and did 24 grueling minutes of cardio. Totals were: 2112 calories, 123.8g protein, 121.7g fat, 107.6g carbs, 17.7g alcohol. Also, I noticed I have a new vein in my right delt. I'm sure I should feed it some chocolate tomorrow so it knows that I lurve it. Something like that.

Totals for today: 2126 calories, 124g protein, 140.1g fat, 101g carbs. 0g alcohol. No exercise today and feeling mildly guilty about that. OTOH, I bought my son cupcakes for his birthday today (don't you wish I were your mom?) and didn't eat one.

I probably coulda/shoulda run today and then had a cupcake. Probably would have made me happier all around. Oh well.

Today was a great fitness day. Lifted with my trainer and group this morning and felt really strong and energetic.

I had told my trainer earlier in the week about entering this competition and she was all full of ideas for me today, lol. She thinks I should do some direct trap work and bring those along, so I did shrugs for the first time. I was all, "But Lii-iiz, won't that give me that linebacker head-directly-attached-to-shoulders look?" and she was like "No." hahahaha Then later on, a woman whose physique I *really* admire told me she avoided shrugs for a few years because she wanted a squarer look to her shoulder, without the trap bump, but then she started doing them and she likes her shoulders more now. So I'm gonna trust both of them and add in the damn shrugs.

Then, because it was a beautiful day, I walked the 3 1/2 miles home from the gym, making a couple stops along the way to do errands. Feels so much better than yesterday when I didn't get any exercise at all.

Totals for today (will be, because I haven't actually drank my planned glass of wine yet): 2137 calories, 116.3g protein, 125.9g fat, 110.4g carbs, 17.7g alcohol.

Weighed myself this morning, and after one week of official bulking, I am...113. TOLD YOU I was bloated in those pictures, hahaha.

So, I'm taking 113 as my real starting weight. I'm also taking this as a sign to go up to 2200+ calories a day this week. (Hold my hand, mommy, I'm scared.)

Weighed myself this morning, and after one week of official bulking, I am...113. TOLD YOU I was bloated in those pictures, hahaha.

So, I'm taking 113 as my real starting weight. I'm also taking this as a sign to go up to 2200+ calories a day this week. (Hold my hand, mommy, I'm scared.)
    Nice! Time to up the cals!

Good luck! Toss those weights around!

After a trip to PF Changs yesterday my totals for the day ended up as: 2368 calories, 141.3g protein (!--wok-seared lamb ftw), 124.9g fat, 116.1g carbs, 17g alcohol. There was a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale involved. Ahem. (I had my physical today and told my PCP I have three drinks a week. I may possibly have lied.) I also did an hour of yoga yesterday, oh, and some walking around the mall whilst digesting the PF Chang's. And some housework. No cardio though

I'll update today's totals later when I'm done eating for the day. NOT done eating for the day yet. Walked 3 1/2 miles today and had a busy day at work. Tomorrow morning is picking things up and putting them down, yay!

Yesterday ended up being a little low: 1987 calories, 129.9g protein, 114.2g fat, 107g carbs. Having to skip lunch because I was fasting for my bloodwork at the MD's meant I had a lot of eating to catch up on last night and I just couldn't cram any more calories in before I had to give up and go to sleep i did IF for awhile last summer while in weight loss mode and that was my major problem with it. I was trying to eat within a five hour window and it was extremely hard for me to eat enough in that period of time. I'd go to input my calories into fitday and be like, "Holy crap! I've only had 900 calories."

This morning I lifted with my trainer, one of the other women in our group, and her teen-aged daughter (because it's school vacation week here). It wasn't my best day lifting--I'm never at my strongest at 9am--but I wasn't dissatisfied either. My trainer told me today a.) that I'm the only person she knows who actually *likes* stepups and b.)[after I was joking around, showing her my new little tiny delt vein, and saying that I like to pretend I'm cut] that she actually would consider me cut. I lurve her. It's no wonder I pay her money. Well, actually, I don't. I pay the Y money and hope she is adequately compensated.

Then I went to acupuncture and got my chi adjusted, and to Trader Joes, which involved some amount of walking back to the subway carrying groceries. So I feel like I probably burned a **** ton of calories today, even *with* the fact I always nap during acupuncture. Heh.

I really am loving bulking so far. Eating a lot of food with actual nutrition in it gives you a lot of energy. Who knew?

Today's totals at a later time.

Good stuff Drea. Rock those step-ups.

Why did you give up on IF? Was it because it was hard to fit in enough cals when cutting in the 5 hour window, so it would be even harder on a bulk? Also, why only 5 hour feeding window? (sorry about so many Q's)

Good stuff Drea. Rock those step-ups.

Why did you give up on IF? Was it because it was hard to fit in enough cals when cutting in the 5 hour window, so it would be even harder on a bulk? Also, why only 5 hour feeding window? (sorry about so many Q's)
    No prob about the questions. The five hour window was because my first exposure to the whole idea of IF was through people who were doing either the Fast-5 (just what it sounds like ) or the Warrior Diet. I was really attracted to the idea of doing the majority/all of my eating at night because it fit with my natural tendencies. I've never been much of a breakfast eater, once I start eating for the day I want to *keep* eating, and I like to go to bed with a nice full belly. So, especially since I was dieting, eating only between 5-10 pm was great in keeping my hunger down and keeping my food intake down. But, like I said, it worked almost too well. If I were trying to do that now, there is no way I could eat 2000+ calories in 5 hours.

But mainly I stopped because once I started working out more, it didn't fit with my schedule. I know some people have great success training in a fasted state, but I can't run or lift for **** without having eaten. And since I can only workout in the morning on my days off and late afternoons on the days I work, fasting till 5pm just became un-doable. I still think IF is a great concept, and if and when I get to the point that I want to scale back my calories again for awhile, I'd probably use it as a tool again. I'd just have to suck it up and deal with my lack of strength and endurance at the gym.

Okay, today's totals: 2185 calories, 143.2g protein (!), 129.5g fat, 111.1g carbs. I forgot to take my MCT this morning, which gave me extra calories to play with.

Ahh, gotcha. Good stuff there, drea. Keep rockin' this bulk! Stoked to see the results.

Ahh, gotcha. Good stuff there, drea. Keep rockin' this bulk! Stoked to see the results.
    Thanks for the encouragement! I see that you train fasted. I gave you major props. I wish I wasn't weak and useless without a good dose of protein and carbs in me.

Just finished my bedtime snack of 2 ounces sharp cheddar, one chocolate covered strawberry, an orange, and half a glass of wine. That brings my totals for today to: 2098 calories, 118.5g protein, 138.8g fat, 93.1g carbs, 8g alcohol. Really stuffed because I ate a whole bunch of asparagus (9.5 oz, to be exact) at dinner, because it had to be eaten or thrown out. (Long story.) That's a lot of green veggie at one go, all y'all.

I spent quite a bit of time today reading here on the nutrition forum. (It was slow at work. I keep telling yous people, don't judge.) Do you know the difference between the general nutrition forum and the nutrition forum in the female section? The longest running thread there is about embracing the suck, i.e. a support thread for people who are cutting and want to gnaw their arms off from hunger. The longest running thread here appears to be pictures of incredibly decadent food pr0n. I think that sums it up

...Do you know the difference between the general nutrition forum and the nutrition forum in the female section? The longest running thread there is about embracing the suck, i.e. a support thread for people who are cutting and want to gnaw their arms off from hunger. The longest running thread here appears to be pictures of incredibly decadent food pr0n. I think that sums it up
    LOL, I have never ventured into the female section (ok, maybe once or twice ) but the M.E.N. Thread in the general Nutrition section is food pr0n at it's finest!

However, the most seen threads on the general nutrition section: "Critique My Diet" threads and "Can I eat _____ on a bulk/cut?" threads. They never stop! LOL.

I read probably 50 pages of the M.E.N. thread. Also, the sludge thread. I get so jellus of what and how much yous young guys can eat and not do damage to your physiques.

Yesterday was a grueling half hour of cardio (tm) after work, plus--you're not going to believe this--ab work. Okay, anyone reading this will believe it 'cause you don't know me, but if you knew me, you'd be shocked I actually did dedicated ab work. Trust. I don't know what came over me.

Usually Friday is a lifting day, but my trainer is having our class this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning, since the Y's closed on Easter, so I couldn't lift yesterday. This also means I'm gonna have to lift Monday after work when the weight room is gonna be effin' ridiculously crowded, grrr, or miss a day. I get cranky when I have to wait for a bench is all I'm sayin'.

Totals for yesterday: 2326 calories (think I successfully ate back my cardio), 123.5g protein, 138.6g fat, 114.2g carbs, 17.7g alcohol.

Yesterday's totals: 2140 calories, 128.5g protein, 117.3g fat, 131.4g carbs, 19.8g alcohol. Macros a little off. More carbs than protein? Boo. Just wait for today's totals. I'm making short ribs for Easter dinner and that's a whopping load of calories and fat I think breakfast is gonna be really high protein. Once my coffee kicks in and I figure out what to have, that is.

Good day lifting yesterday, though my abs were killing me after their unexpected exertion on Friday. Coming up on my sldl's was like, owwww. Even sitting back up on the bench after presses was owww. I guess the lesson to be learned is to do direct ab work more often so when I do, I *don't* get DOMS from hell. As my mother always said, live and learn and still die stupid.

May do some yoga today, may go for a walk since I *think* it's supposed to be nice out. May do both!

DOMS FTW!
    Keep killin' it Drea!

I didn't update for yesterday yet.

My whopping totals for Easter were: 2437 calories (whoa), 128.8g protein, 162g fat, 87.3g carbs, and 18.3g alcohol. I ended up doing about 55 minutes of yoga yesterday. I found what was supposed to be an entire 40 minute hatha class on youtube and did that (though I fast forwarded through about three minutes of the reallllly long savasana at the end) and then I found another vinyasa class, which was supposed to be focusing on hip openers. I started doing it, but the cueing was horrible if you didn't already know the flow, and after about twenty minutes when a.) I didn't see any real focus on the hips and b.) I looked up at my monitor and found I was in a completely different position than I was supposed to be in, I called it a day.

Anyway, after yesterday's ridiculous load of calories, and after a week when I did manage to get my daily average up over 2200, and after the second week in a row of cutting down actual serious cardio to once a week, I weighed myself this morning and I was...113. I am continuing to be amazed by my body's ability to take the amount of food I've been throwing at it and not gain weight. My metabolism is cranking. And apparently, I'm not even getting any bloating now.

I don't know if this means I should up the calories even more or not :/

Going to the gym tonight after work to lift, but we'll see how much I get done. I'm thinking it's going to be crazy crowded.