Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    Great work here, Drea. (Yes, I am still lurking)

Congrats on the Lats progress!
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    Curious...are you concerned about consuming too many carbs? As a newbie bulker, I was too and I posted in the bulking thread and the feedback I got was, as I am sure you know, get adequate protein/fats and fill in the rest with carbs.

I am getting approximately 200+ gm of carbs per day, approximately 160-170 gm of protein, and approximately 80 gm of fat per day. It's never exact and never the same.

I feel terrific and carbs make me so happy. Last year I was cutting on 70 gm of carbs a day with a could of refeeds. Now that I can compare, I realized how lethargic I felt. I got down to 115 lbs though. Couldn't support the look though. Never again.
    I prefer to keep my carbs around 100-ish, with an occasional (nonscientific) car load thrown in here and there. I feel good there, plenty of energy to work out, and without the hunger and cravings for more sugar and more carbs that I get when I eat too many, especially junky sugar carbs (::cough:: frappuccinos::cough:. Plus, it allows me to keep my fat up there. From experience, the more fat I eat, the less fat I am.

Today's totals: 1999 calories, 126.9g protein, 123.3g fat, 106.7g carbs. Eh. Should probably have one more small snack.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yesterday's totals were: 2137 calories, 144.2g protein, 120g fat, 124.3g carbs.

Only did legs at the gym yesterday to give my arm and shoulder the extra rest. Now I'm in a quandry what I should do today when I go after work. My trainer is away tomorrow, so I don't have to lift tomorrow, but I could. There's also no reason I couldn't lift Monday other than the fact I hate lifting on Mondays (too crowded usually).

So my options are: a.) do cardio/abs only today, lift full body tomorrow (and thus miss one upper body workout for this week) OR b.) do upper body today, skip the gym tomorrow or do cardio, then lift full body Monday (missing no workouts) OR c.) do upper body today, lower body tomorrow, upper body Monday (missing no workouts, but getting no cardio in). In any of those scenarios, I'll be good to lift full body with my trainer on Wednesday as usual. I'm thinking I'm going to wing it and just see how I feel when I walk onto the gym floor.

Oh, and I was 116 again today on my scale, so I think I have gained a total of four real pounds on my bulk since mid-March-ish.

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats on the 4 lb weight gain.

Personally, I'd go with scenario C but then I'm no fan of cardio. Haven't done any in 3 months and am continuing to lose. But if you really love cardio then scenario B might work better for you.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post
    Congrats on the 4 lb weight gain.

Personally, I'd go with scenario C but then I'm no fan of cardio. Haven't done any in 3 months and am continuing to lose. But if you really love cardio then scenario B might work better for you.
    I wouldn't say I really love cardio but since bulking, I've cut it down from 2-3 times a week to 0-1 times a week, and I'm finding that makes me feel pretty sluggish. So I'm trying to go with 1-2 times a week. I did cardio Monday and it feels like it's probably time to do some again. Leaving work and going to the gym in about 5 minutes, so we'll see how the spirit moves me when I get there.

Saturday's totals: 2014 calories, 137g protein, 112.8g fat, 133.9g carbs (29.9g fiber! hahaha)

Ended up doing upper body at the gym yesterday PLUS 18 minutes of grueling (tm) cardio and stretching. How's that for covering my bases? Actually it felt great. My strength is still down somewhat, or maybe I should say my endurance? My right arm's still getting easily fried and running out of power. Frustrating. But better than it was. Gonna go with plan C and do lower body this morning and upper again tomorrow. Also going to do some manual labor this afternoon helping out a friend, so I expect my calorie burn will be pretty high today.

116 again this morning. The flat spot in my glutes is rounding back out (yay!) and whether that's with muscle or fat, I don't give a fukk, 'cause it looks better either way. Belly's looking bloated today though Good thing I'm not some 25 year old girl worried about how I'ma look in my bikini, lulz. I do have to take those midpoint pics this week, though. Y'all are just gonna have to suffer my Buddha belly.

Yesterday's totals (estimated): 2402 calories, 151.9g protein, 118.2g fat, 158.8g carbs, 16g alcohol. Estimated because my last meal of the day was a gorgonzola burger and fries at a brew pub; I just counted it the best I could. Obviously I overate. I ate too much protein, and thus calories, earlier in the day because I was worried about where we were going to end up eating and if I'd be able to get a satisfactorily protein heavy meal (the idea of Chinatown had been floated).

This is where I start to think this is all a bit disordered: worrying because you may come in a little light on your protein one day or refusing to eat somewhere because their food might not fit your macros. If you are a competition bodybuilder? Sure. For the rest of us? Chill the eff out. (That's my pep talk to myself, not casting aspertions on any of all y'all.)

And also: trained legs yesterday, walked a mile from the train to friend's house, spent four hours filling trashbags and recycling containers, then hauled it outside, walked another couple miles to and from where we parked friend's car (legal on-street parking being tough) when we went out later. I think, as anticipated, I must have burned quite a bit yesterday. Maybe 2400 calories wasn't *that* much overeating.

Today will train upper body and maybe do a little cardio at the gym after work. Depends how busy it is and how annoyed I get when I get there.

pics

Kinda disappointed in the lack of difference between the pictures. Extremely disappointed I cannot take a picture without there being a tag hanging out somewhere.

Without further ado:

This was April.

And this is today.

That's a three pound difference, 113 to 116.

Oh, and today's totals: 1897 calories, 123.8g protein, 94.7g fat, 150.2g carbs (27.8g fiber).

Upper body wo did not suck, but neither was it great. Well, except for when I got in a full set of 8 reps of 40s db rows with perfect form for the first time EVAH. That was great. (Well, 8 on the left, 6 on the right. Goddamned mother****ing right brachial nerve. I'm sure it will heal up completely soon and my right arm will return to full function as scheduled.) Also did brief cardio and abs.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3 pound difference and looking great! Keep up the great work, Drea!
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love your journal. You always put me in a good mood. I love the way you express yourself! I am a lot like that too. REAL.

Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    3 pound difference and looking great! Keep up the great work, Drea!
    I love your journal. You always put me in a good mood. I love the way you express yourself! I am a lot like that too. REAL.
    Thanks, guys!

Yesterday's totals were: 2075 calories, 120.1g protein, 111.7g fat, 121.5g carbs (6.2g fiber), and 19.2g alcohol. Total rest day from exercise. Walked maybe a mile doing errands, that's it.

This morning had a great great day at the gym. The other woman who trains with us on Wednesdays is on vacation so it was just me and my trainer. Which led to me going, "Liz! Can we squat today?!!??" So we did! We actually did a bunch of stuff that we usually don't do when there's a whole group of us training together, for logistical reasons, and it was so fun. (Plus, cheapest personal training EVAH. Heh.)

Yesterday's totals: 2214 calories, 123.3g protein, 136.5g fat, 109.7g carbs, 19.2g alcohol.

Holding steady at 116 now.

More later.

Yesterday's totals: 2031 calories, 128.8g protein, 105.2g fat, 119.9g carbs (14.8g fiber), 18.9g alcohol. Did about 30 mins low intensity cardio yesterday, some minimal abs and stretching.

Weighed in at 115 this morning. WTF. (The reason I weighed myself--I'm not an everyday weigher by any means--was that I *felt* light this morning. I can't explain it.) I really really thought the 116 was sticking and didn't include any bloat weight, but apparently I was wrong.

Gotta push the calories back up again. My average over the past two weeks, according to fitday, is 2094. Gotta try to go back up to 2200 or so, I guess. Maybe more, and just stay off the scale so I don't freak myself out with the bloat number. I don't know. This is hard.

thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Yesterday's totals: 2031 calories, 128.8g protein, 105.2g fat, 119.9g carbs (14.8g fiber), 18.9g alcohol. Did about 30 mins low intensity cardio yesterday, some minimal abs and stretching.

Weighed in at 115 this morning. WTF. (The reason I weighed myself--I'm not an everyday weigher by any means--was that I *felt* light this morning. I can't explain it.) I really really thought the 116 was sticking and didn't include any bloat weight, but apparently I was wrong.

Gotta push the calories back up again. My average over the past two weeks, according to fitday, is 2094. Gotta try to go back up to 2200 or so, I guess. Maybe more, and just stay off the scale so I don't freak myself out with the bloat number. I don't know. This is hard.
    I am gaining rapidly.....it's unnerving. Every time I step on (weekly), it's up! Cals are 2,150. Can't wait till it's a bit more steady.

I could easily eat 2,200 or more . I am a pig. I am having to restrain myself at 2,150.

Sowhatchagonnado? Raise them? I know it's a mind phuck. I have moments were I don't care and then moments where I am like WTF am I doing. Meh, mostly don't care. If it's too much fat, i know how to get it off .

I am gaining rapidly.....it's unnerving. Every time I step on (weekly), it's up! Cals are 2,150. Can't wait till it's a bit more steady.

I could easily eat 2,200 or more . I am a pig. I am having to restrain myself at 2,150.

Sowhatchagonnado? Raise them? I know it's a mind phuck. I have moments were I don't care and then moments where I am like WTF am I doing. Meh, mostly don't care. If it's too much fat, i know how to get it off .
    Remind me again, how long did you reverse diet for? I think I upped my calories so freaking slowly over soooo many months that I missed that temporary rapid gain thing. But if I had done it quicker, I'd probably have bigger muscles now!

I think what's frustrating me is I still don't have a clear grasp on what maintenance calories are for me. I *think* I flipped from very slowly losing to very slowly gaining somewhere around 2000-2100, but now I'm losing again at just under 2100? I gotta (wo)man up and get above 2200 again, apparently. But between the eight pound temporary bloat over Mem Day weekend and the fact that I wasn't lifting as heavy with my injury, I got scared I was eating too much. I guess I wasn't. I need one of those bodymedia thingies. Maybe I'd believe I could eat that much if I had scientific proof of how much I'm burning, lol. Maybe.

So, yesterday I managed to make it to: 2183 calories, 124.3g protein, 113.7g fat, 132.7g carbs (20.6g fiber) and 24.5g alcohol. It took a big ass glass of wine and some chocolate, but I almost made 2200 calories.

Also yesterday, I went to the gym after dinner, which NEVER happens. Usually on Fridays I go right after work, but I had to go home first because I had a guy coming by to give me an estimate. Did not mind lifting at 7pm-ish. In fact, if the gym wasn't here X---and work here X---and home here X, making it logistically stupid for me to go home then back, I think I would do it more often, especially in the summer when 7pm doesn't feel like nighttime, lol. My right arm is still bothering me a little and is weaker than it should be, much more so pushing rather than pulling. I brought gym clothes to work with me today so that I could do some cardio later if I felt so moved, but I just realized that my iPod is at home, plugged into the speakers charging. Cardio without the iPod, I may have mentioned, sux. So, we'll see.

May be going to the beach tomorrow for the first time this year if those weather bastids ain't lying to me about it being a beach day. If so, I probably will not track my food other than in guesstimates, because my beach buddy and I always bring enough snacks with us for four hours at the beach as if we were going on a two week road trip. Last summer I was dieting all summer practically and it fukked with that tradition, so I think if in bulk mode, I ought to bring it back big time this year. (Also, this tradition is how we ascertained scientifically that the only food a seagull will not eat is baby carrots. True fact!)

Remind me again, how long did you reverse diet for? I think I upped my calories so freaking slowly over soooo many months that I missed that temporary rapid gain thing. But if I had done it quicker, I'd probably have bigger muscles now!

I think what's frustrating me is I still don't have a clear grasp on what maintenance calories are for me. I *think* I flipped from very slowly losing to very slowly gaining somewhere around 2000-2100, but now I'm losing again at just under 2100? I gotta (wo)man up and get above 2200 again, apparently. But between the eight pound temporary bloat over Mem Day weekend and the fact that I wasn't lifting as heavy with my injury, I got scared I was eating too much. I guess I wasn't. I need one of those bodymedia thingies. Maybe I'd believe I could eat that much if I had scientific proof of how much I'm burning, lol. Maybe.
    I am the worst historian (I have to ask my kids what year they were born ). I went back and looked at threads and apparently my cut ended 4/19/11, at which time I was consuming 1,350 cals for some time (miserable). I increased by 100 cals weekly, hitting maintenance of 1,900 cals in early May, where I stayed until June 1st, at which time I began my bulk at 2,150 cals.

I don't think anyone truly knows what their maintenance cals are exactly, and for me it would vary so much from week to week, as my activities vary so greatly. I deep clean once a month and the week of my period I am a slug and in between who knows.....depends on my mood and what's going on. Thing is not to over think it....I think and just do. I try to stay out of my head quite often.....it's dangerous territory.

Meh, you don't NEED a BM thingy. IMO, it's.....well.....weird, but to each his own. If I wore one, it would be for a week and that's it. An experiment so to speak.

Are you seeing a consistent downward trend on the scale or was it just the loss of 1-lb? I would give it another week, then reassess to see if in fact you are actually losing or if it was just a bodily "fluctuation." If you are not gaining and/or actually losing, increase a little and monitor weekly and USE THE MIRROR. You don't look fat and you won't wake up and suddenly be fat. Becoming fat takes time.

Personally, I am shooting for 135 lbs. I am at 128 now...started at 124. But I will let the mirror be the judge.

Meh, you don't NEED a BM thingy. IMO, it's.....well.....weird, but to each his own. If I wore one, it would be for a week and that's it. An experiment so to speak.
    But I am weird. You have no idea.

Are you seeing a consistent downward trend on the scale or was it just the loss of 1-lb? I would give it another week, then reassess to see if in fact you are actually losing or if it was just a bodily "fluctuation." If you are not gaining and/or actually losing, increase a little and monitor weekly and USE THE MIRROR. You don't look fat and you won't wake up and suddenly be fat. Becoming fat takes time.

Personally, I am shooting for 135 lbs. I am at 128 now...started at 124. But I will let the mirror be the judge.
    Okay, May 31 I was 122, which was that horrifying bloat reading--up from 114 two weeks before. By June 6, I was back down to 116. Then I held at 116 for ten days, so I felt like that was a true weight, that whatever bloating I had was all gone. And that would mean that since the beginning of the NFSC April 11, I'd gained 3 pounds of muscle. Or 3 pounds of muscle and fat. But, either way, actually gained something that wasn't just water weight. But if I weighed 115 yesterday, that means either 116 wasn't a true weight and I haven't gained 3 pounds or else I did and then I lost one again.

I guess either way, the solution is to eat MOAR. I've had two kashi granola bars at work today, which might as well be high fiber candy, so seriously, I'm working on it.

Yesterday's totals: 2189 calories, 137g protein, 125.9 g fat, 146.1g carbs (23.4g fiber). Did go to the gym and do 25 minutes of cardio, thought about doing abs and said hell no, then walked my sweaty self the approximately 3.5 miles home from the gym. I was dead when I got home, but it felt good. Today is gym, lunch, beach, probably more food, Home Depot, collapse. Feel like I should look up how many grams of protein are in fried clams so that when I get talked into them on the way home from the beach, I can pretend it's for making my muskles grow. Happy Sunday!

You could stop all the cardio if you don't want/can't bump up calories .

I am "enjoying" one 30-min bike ride per week, only....and only.....because my S.O. is trying to drop a few. Of course, he won't listen about diet and lifting. Full of excuses. I mean who comes in from a bike ride and pours themselves a tall glass of grapefruit juice to quench their thirst? Might as well stayed home. Sh!t drives me insane, but my lips are sealed .

You could stop all the cardio if you don't want/can't bump up calories .

I am "enjoying" one 30-min bike ride per week, only....and only.....because my S.O. is trying to drop a few. Of course, he won't listen about diet and lifting. Full of excuses. I mean who comes in from a bike ride and pours themselves a tall glass of grapefruit juice to quench their thirst? Might as well stayed home. Sh!t drives me insane, but my lips are sealed .
    I tried cutting out the cardio completely at the beginning of my bulk, but honestly it made me feel like crap. Sluggish. Believe me, I'm not doing much now and absolutely nothing hardcore. Not even running at all. Just fast walk with the incline cranked up on the treadmill and/or bodyweight circuit, and never more than 30 minutes at a time. Doing that 2 or 3x a week just makes me feel so much better physically and mentally.

It's so funny about your SO and the juice. I was just thinking the other day, "Why don't you ever hear about people who are bulking just drinking a gallon of juice a day? Drinking your calories is so much easier than eating them, especially when it's hot."

Not posting totals from yesterday, because they'd be rough estimates, but I had ~2350-2400 calories. And it was a wonderful bulking day psychologically, which I will post about in the bulking thread when I get a chance.

I tried cutting out the cardio completely at the beginning of my bulk, but honestly it made me feel like crap. Sluggish. Believe me, I'm not doing much now and absolutely nothing hardcore. Not even running at all. Just fast walk with the incline cranked up on the treadmill and/or bodyweight circuit, and never more than 30 minutes at a time. Doing that 2 or 3x a week just makes me feel so much better physically and mentally.
    I totally GET this .

Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Drea,

You've made some solid progress lately. I've been lurking here on your journal and tried to send you a PM but you no longer accept them.

Anyway... I'm in for the journal.

I graduate from school July 1st and counting the days down now...

NSO Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

Yesterday's totals: 2191 calories, 140.6g protein, 113.6g fat, 134.3g carbs (24.4g fiber), 21.7g alcohol. I was at almost exactly 2100 calories and ready to stop eating for the day, but then I said to myself, dude, you're supposed to be shooting for 2200 this week, man up. So I ate some grapes. That's bulking success right there. Yesterday was a rest day, though I did do a little weeding after dinner last night. Otherwise I sat on my butt most of the day.

More later.

Today's totals will be: 2264 calories, 127g protein, 124.9g fat, 125.2g carbs (16g fiber), 20.5g alcohol. And I could eat more! Hunger's really kicking in today.

No gym today, just on my feet a good part of the day at work, a short walk from the store to home, and some more gardening. Tomorrow morning, we squat!

Great day at the gym yesterday. My right arm is almost all the way back. Yeah, baby. Learned how to do bb bent over rows. Also got in a little walking around post gym. Fairly active day. Made and implemented the decision to ramp up my calories to 2300 b/c the weight gain has been so slow.

Yesterday's totals: 2290 calories, 146.7g protein, 118.7g fat, 133.3g carbs (22.7g fiber), 21.4g alcohol.

Yesterday's totals: 2314 calories, 151.7g (!) protein, 135.9g fat, 131.9g carbs (15.5g fiber).

Spent a lot of yesterday sitting--not on my feet much at work, a lot of time on public transport, got a pedi after work, no exercise. Certainly can't yell at me for too much cardio this week, 'cause I ain't done none. Weather was back to being horrible yesterday and that continues today. Projected high temperature of 59. The end of June. Bite me. I will however be going to the gym and lifting this afternoon. I'm hoping the extra calories from the last couple/few days are gonna turn me into a beast, heh, but I'm afraid my right arm still is not gonna fully cooperate. We'll see!

I wanna say I had my first completely humiliating gym FAIL today, except I've probably had them before and just blocked them out. PTSD n' all that, lulz.

I was going to do seated calf raises. Last week one day I had gone from 90lbs to 95, decided that was too easy, and gone up to 100, and on my last set, Liz (my trainer) was like, "Going for 105?" and I was all, "No thanks, I'm good." But she had implanted the idea in my head, so today I decided I'd try 105 x12 x3 and then on Sunday triumphantly tell her I did them. I got the first set out with no problem, rested a minute, did the second set...and when I reached rep 12, I couldn't push up the extra inch to get the machine into the locked position. I tried pulling on the hand holds. Nope, didn't help. I rested in the down position for a minute, did another rep, and, nope, couldn't get it up far enough to lock.

What the hell am I going to do? I pondered. I considered yelling for help. Then I realized if I let it go all the way down to the floor, nothing was going to happen. So I did, got off, took off a couple plates, and then got it up and locked. Oh, the embarrassment, hahaha.

The rest of my workout went just fine My push movements still aren't 100% back, but I'd say the right arm is 95% better. No problem at all pulling now or holding heavy dbs when I do stepups or sldl.

Food totals for today have yet to be determined. I still need to get in at least 10 more g protein and at least 250 more calories.

Saturday's totals were something like: 2333 calories, 153g protein, 116g fat, 138.6g carbs (13g fiber), 19.2g alcohol. But that's just an approximation because I didn't cook a lot of that myself. No workout yesterday, just got in about a 3 mile walk, doing errands after work. Broke down and ordered a Bodymediafit with the sale at drugstore.com.

Today will be gym and walking and helping a friend hang curtains, so I'm expecting I'll urn quite a bit. Hence my 634 calorie breakfast

Happy Sunday, all!

Yesterday I ate... a lot.

I was at ~1200 calories at 6:30 pm at which point, after an afternoon of going to Home Depot (to get stuff *I* needed), returning to friends' house to start curtain hanging project only to find cheap curtain rods from IKEA did not come with the screws to attach rods to wall. so running out to another hardware store, back to actually complete project (which meant moving furniture and crap away from said windows and cleaning behind it first, as friend had not thought about that [guess friend's gender! ::eyeroll::]), we went for a walk and out to dinner. Dinner which had to have been a whole nother day's calories all by itself. Split a shrimp quesadilla appetizer, had a glass of cava, had fish and chips, had various bread from breadbasket with butter, has 2/3rds of a beer, had some bites of friend's caramel apple bread pudding w/ vanilla ice cream. Felt sick!

Oh, but I killed it at the gym yesterday morning. I am happy to say my right arm strength is now back to where it was 3-4 weeks ago before I effed it up and upper body lifts are all going up again.

My muscles feel really hard and full today. Staying away from that scale.