Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    One more post and then I'll shut up for awhile. Today's totals are: 2205 calories, 129.7g protein, 109.4g fat, 142g carbs, 25.2g alcohol. Oh, yeah, carbed up, but that was after I ran 2.2 miles, something I haven't done for a long time. Oh, yeah, and today I cranked out 58 pushups (20, 18, 20). So close to 60 and yet so far. Heh.

One of the reasons I carbed up was that I tried out three new products that have been sitting in my freezer/pantry since I bought them earlier in the week. Ezekiel bread, PB & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams, and Ben & Jerrys Americone Dreams. I'm kinda unclear why Ezekiel bread is supposed to be good for you, but everyone talks about it, so I thought it was my duty as a health-conscious gym-going American to buy some. We'll give it a B-. Americone Dreams, B. Dark Chocolate Dreams, B+.

Tomorrow night I'm going to Sox/Cubs, and there will be beer, fried chicken, and biscuits prior, then god knows what at the park. I may not even attempt to log.
    Last edited by dreahere; 05-22-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think Ezekiel bread is supposed to be good for you since it's made from sprouted grains (less processed) plus it is high in fiber and has some protein. I'm not a big fan of the bread (not much of a sandwich person) but I do like the Ezekiel English muffins and the hamburger buns.

Nice rear delt! Good to see that you are making progress on the bulk. When I did one of those it seemed like the scale would never move and then suddenly it would jump. It's seems like such a hard concept for women since we've spent our lives being bombarded with messages that we're supposed to be as thin as possible.

Have fun at the Cubs/Sox game. I watched last night and it seems like there are lots of Cubs fans in attendance.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post
    I think Ezekiel bread is supposed to be good for you since it's made from sprouted grains (less processed) plus it is high in fiber and has some protein. I'm not a big fan of the bread (not much of a sandwich person) but I do like the Ezekiel English muffins and the hamburger buns.

Nice rear delt! Good to see that you are making progress on the bulk. When I did one of those it seemed like the scale would never move and then suddenly it would jump. It's seems like such a hard concept for women since we've spent our lives being bombarded with messages that we're supposed to be as thin as possible.

Have fun at the Cubs/Sox game. I watched last night and it seems like there are lots of Cubs fans in attendance.
    Are you a Cubs fan, Cathy? I have a soft spot in my heart for Cubs fans. Back in 2004, I happened to have a bunch of online friends from the Chicago area on an email list we were all on (having nothing to do with baseball). The morning after the Sox won the Series, my inbox contained email from every single one of them, congratulating me and saying how happy they knew I must be. Cubs fans are good people. I'm rooting for all y'all to get your World Series sometime soon.

And, yeah, deliberately putting on weight is a real mind****. The only things that help are that a.) I like the way my muscles look--I don't care if I'm "bulky" and b.) when my upper body is too lean and all my ribs show and my spine sticks out, i know objectively that that's too thin, so I know there is such a thing, no matter what my culture pushes at me.

No numbers for yesterday because, as predicted, it wasn't pretty. I'm thinking probably around 2500 calories. Trying to convince myself *not* to restrict today in order to make up for it. I'm bulking, goddammit. (Plus, my niece is coming over w/ pizzas tonight. )

Yesterday morning's workout went great and there was some walking around involved in yesterday's baseball/eating/drinking festivities. Today, as per Monday's usual protocol, there will be no exercise of any type.

Monday's totals: 2092 calories, 147.5g protein, 120.4g fat, 116.4g carbs.

I've already eaten 600 calories today, it's not even 9:30am, and I'm still starving. I have no idea why, but I hope it means my metabolism is revving up again. Not sure if/what I'll do for a workout today. Got a mild chest cold (every single person who walked into my office last week was coughing, so quelle surprise) plus my neck and R shoulder are a little tight and uncomfortable, but I'm not feeling like I want another total rest day. We'll see.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    No numbers for yesterday because, as predicted, it wasn't pretty. I'm thinking probably around 2500 calories. Trying to convince myself *not* to restrict today in order to make up for it. I'm bulking, goddammit. (Plus, my niece is coming over w/ pizzas tonight. )

Yesterday morning's workout went great and there was some walking around involved in yesterday's baseball/eating/drinking festivities. Today, as per Monday's usual protocol, there will be no exercise of any type.
    Guilty. I went away for 4 days and each and every night my BF and I went to this creamery where I inhaled the best turtle sundae of my life. We would sit there in total silence and devour our "cream." That good. No lie. I also bought several kinds of fudge, ate an entire rib eye, huge country breakfast, ....on and on and on and on......

I came back 2-3 lbs heavier and yes and restricted for about a week to 1,600 cals with the justification that the 2-3 lbs were likely fat as I wasn't lifting weights.

Make sense?

I need to just do it!!

Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    Guilty. I went away for 4 days and each and every night my BF and I went to this creamery where I inhaled the best turtle sundae of my life. We would sit there in total silence and devour our "cream." That good. No lie. I also bought several kinds of fudge, ate an entire rib eye, huge country breakfast, ....on and on and on and on......

I came back 2-3 lbs heavier and yes and restricted for about a week to 1,600 cals with the justification that the 2-3 lbs were likely fat as I wasn't lifting weights.

Make sense?

I need to just do it!!
    And, of course, you know the 2-3 pounds were all water really, right? God, turtle sundaes and fudge sound AMAZING.

I'm still sick, but I lifted with my trainer this morning. She made me do a mini-deload but, actually, we only went down on/modified a couple of things. Did okay, but as I was leaving the gym, I sneezed a giant glob of snot onto my tank top. I had to wipe myself off with my dirty gym shorts. It was disgusting. (Yeah, yeah, thanks for sharing, Andrea.) Luckily, no one saw it and luckily it didn't happen when I was actually lifting.

Yesterday's totals were (on the premise of "feed a cold, starve a fever"): 2281 calories, 139.3g protein, 134g fat, 108.4g carbs, 15.7g alcohol. No exercise other than walking to the CVS. Had a mini crisis of doubt, as detailed in the bulkers thread.

Yesterday's totals: 2199 calories, 153.4g protein, 132.5g fat, 114.4g carbs.

Plus whatever's in these sugar free vitamin C drops I've been sucking down. Refusing to count cough drop calories, sorry. I'm quite sure my metabolism's in overdrive producing this much friggin' mucus.

Random food from the past couple days:

salad

pork chop

chicken and mixed veggies

Yesterday's totals (low!) were: 1917 calories, 129.9g protein, 93.7g fat, 104.5g carbs, 19.5g alcohol. No workout, still felt like crap. Cold's a lot better today, though, so I'll def be at the gym.

Tried to convince a friend to go here: http://boston.langhamhotels.com/rest...colate_bar.htm tomorrow, since I have a rare Saturday off, and goddamit, I'm bulking, hahaha. But she would not commit to spending $40 on an all-chocolate buffet. God. I need friends more dedicated to gluttony, is all I'm sayin'.

There will be a lot of eating this weekend in any case. And there may or may not be tracking. We'll just see.

Oh! And I broke down yesterday and bought the Ritter Sport dark chocolate with hazelnuts. That stuff is too good. As in, I stuck to my 6 square serving size, but I could have eaten the whole thing at once *easily*.

thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yesterday's totals (low!) were: 1917 calories, 129.9g protein, 93.7g fat, 104.5g carbs, 19.5g alcohol. No workout, still felt like crap. Cold's a lot better today, though, so I'll def be at the gym.

Tried to convince a friend to go here: http://boston.langhamhotels.com/rest...colate_bar.htm tomorrow, since I have a rare Saturday off, and goddamit, I'm bulking, hahaha. But she would not commit to spending $40 on an all-chocolate buffet. God. I need friends more dedicated to gluttony, is all I'm sayin'.

There will be a lot of eating this weekend in any case. And there may or may not be tracking. We'll just see.

Oh! And I broke down yesterday and bought the Ritter Sport dark chocolate with hazelnuts. That stuff is too good. As in, I stuck to my 6 square serving size, but I could have eaten the whole thing at once *easily*.
    OH, seriously $40 bucks.......I would have so been there with you. I looked at the menu My kinda place. When I indulge, it's usually pastries, chocolate, cake, dessert items. I have been indulging in a few squares of Lindt at night, which I don't ever feel the desire to overeat. Will have to check out Ritter Sport.....or maybe not.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

BTW, your dinner looks amazing!
    Last edited by thepowerwithin; 05-28-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Feeling much better! Lifting went well yesterday. Totals were: 2216 calories, 157.9g protein, 132.5g fat, 100.3g carbs. Wound up over on my protein b/c I was planning on ordering a chicken kabob salad for dinner and I estimated in my head it would have about 4 oz of chicken on it. So on my way home from the gym, I had a muscle milk, just to make sure my protein was up there. Well. I actually took the chicken off my salad when it arrived and weighed it and it was 7.1 ounces. (And you can just imagine the grief I took for doing that, too.) I would have been just fine without the 25g of protein in the muscle milk. Started out today with a pedi and a lot of carbs. Came home to find my landscaper did not come YET AGAIN. I wonder if I'll be able to meet my macros in prison when I snap and kill this kid.

Now I'm torn between going to the gym for cardio, which I haven't done all week, rewashing the kitchen floor and cleaning the tub before my house guest gets here, or going to the supermarket. It's a dilemma. One I'll probably solve by hanging on the computer for awhile.

I catch so much **** for weighing stuff from my boys and my BF. They actually report it to other people, "My mom weighs her food.....isn't she weird." If. I. ever. took a scale out at a restaurant, they would have me institutionalized. No lie.

Your landscape boy.....I think a plan is in order Know of a good defense attorney ? Down here in the Florida Keys it's called Keys Disease.....contractors lie and keep putting you off (hungover I think). My kitchen is 3/4 done for about 1 year. Waiting on final touches.

house guests......oh boy.....good luck!

Keep up the good work!

I catch so much **** for weighing stuff from my boys and my BF. They actually report it to other people, "My mom weighs her food.....isn't she weird." If. I. ever. took a scale out at a restaurant, they would have me institutionalized. No lie.

Your landscape boy.....I think a plan is in order Know of a good defense attorney ? Down here in the Florida Keys it's called Keys Disease.....contractors lie and keep putting you off (hungover I think). My kitchen is 3/4 done for about 1 year. Waiting on final touches.

house guests......oh boy.....good luck!

Keep up the good work!
    To clarify, my salad was takeout and all measuring was done in the privacy of my own kitchen. No friends or loved ones were publicly humiliated. And yet I STILL am treated like there's something odd about my behavior, go figure. LOL. Want to know what my landscaper's excuse was yesterday? He was rearended *on his way to my house* (what are the odds?!??) and had to go to the ED for stitches in his knee, where he smashed it on the dashboard. Other excuses this week have been that he had to take his mom to a couple doctors' appointments and that he bought the crushed stone he needed for my work but after he left Lowes he realized they'd loaded the wrong stuff into his vehicle and he had to return it. Next week I expect his grandmother will die and the dog will eat his homework!

If you've been waiting a year for your kitchen to be finished and you haven't killed anyone yet, I give you major props.

What I ended up doing yesterday while waiting for my friend to arrive (besides cleaning the tub) was cleaning my bedroom closets and switching over the cold and warm weather stuff. Threw out a trashbag full of stuff that wasn't good enough to donate and filled a big box of stuff that is. Interesting thing: I was going to get rid of a couple pairs of workout capris that I haven't worn since last fall, because I'd be running in them and they'd start to fall down. I tried them on yesterday before throwing them in the donate pile and...they seemed just fine around the waist. Apparently my middle is thickening. ::sad face::

Yesterday's totals: 2093 calories, 116.7g protein, 104.9g fat, 144.4g carbs (yeah, I ate a bagel), 19.5g alcohol.

Totals for the past two days: who the eff knows? Let's go with A LOT.

There was ice cream and many cookies and taco salad and steak and corn and beer and wine. There was also a lot of walking around and a great gym session this morning where I felt strong as fukk (and my friend who was visiting got to meet my trainer, which was fun) plus I also gave a massage this afternoon. So I'm thinking my calorie burn was probably pretty good. Not that this wasn't two days of dirty bulking, but I was definitely not a slug while I was doing it.

The only downside is that I'm having a little elbow tendinitis on the right. Like, y'know, tennis elbow, except it's actually Kindle elbow. While I had my cold last week and was feeling crappy, I spent a lot of time reading. And repetitively "turning the pages" with my right thumb. I've been downing ibuprophen, icing it on and off, slathering it with arnica, did not do any triceps or biceps isolation exercises today, AND have stayed off the Kindle (even though I really want to finish my book, lol), so hopefully it'll be feeling better soon.

Tracking and eating sensibly will resume tomorrow,

Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday's totals: 2033 calories, 128.6g protein, 100.4g fat, 158.4g carbs. Too many damn carbs, but there are still homemade cookies left in this house and they are gonna get eaten. No exercise today because I had acupuncture after work.

So, I wore this pair of cargo capri pants today that I bought in the summer of 2003, right after my mom died. I weighed about 112-113 then, which I remember because I had been at my "happy" weight of 118-ish and then the month that she was in the ICU and ultimately died, I lost another 5 pounds from stress and not having time to eat. I remember feeling too thin. All my ribs and all my vertebrae were clearly visible, and my immune system was shot--I came down with one minor infection after another. I eventually gained that weight back and more, and somewhere around 2009, I figured I was never going to be below 125 again, never mind 115, and I got rid of all my really small clothes. Except for a very tiny number of things that I was just really fond of. The pair of pants I wore today was one of them.

There's a point. It's coming right up. When these pants *did* fit me back in 2003/2004, they just fit. They were snug, though not too tight, at the waist, lower abdomen. Today, at the same weight (slightly higher, actually), they're noticeably looser in the ab area. Also at the same weight today, I don't feel too thin. I'm not so noticeably bony up top. My body doesn't feel depleted. Obviously, it's because my body composition is better and I have more lean body mass. So, yay for eating my protein and yay for lifting weights.

Like I have to tell YOU people that

There will be no tracking today. I went to a Tibetan buffet for lunch. I honestly don't know what half the **** I ate WAS, never mind what the macros in it are. However, I did weigh myself this morning. !22. I've gained 8 pounds in the last two weeks. Um, yeah. ahahahaha

I think it is physically impossible to gain 8 pounds of fat in two weeks when you've been eating ~2200 calories a day with a couple days over PLUS my pants still fit fine. So I'm assuming I'm retaining some incredible amount of water. This still does not make me happy. I haven't been over 120 in almost a year. I'm attributing this to a.) overeating, especially carbs, this weekend plus b.) the first humid weather of the summer plus c.) I've been downing ibuprofen like crazy trying to keep the inflammation of my elbow tendinitis under control and I think that makes me retain water and d.) I may have PMS, though, hello perimenopause, my cycle is so nutz these days, who can tell?

So I ate some more of my homemade cookies and threw the rest of the pan away. Starting tomorrow, I am back off the carbs and eating really clean till this bloat is gone. 122, you have got to be freaking kidding me.

My workout with my trainer was good this morning, however. I did skip curls and dips again b/c of the tendinitis. Went up on a couple of things, tried a new version of cable row, made plans on what I'm going to push next session.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yep, sounds like water retention to me. Don't sweat it.....everyone needs a diet break every now and again. Does a body good

Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Yep, sounds like water retention to me. Don't sweat it.....everyone needs a diet break every now and again. Does a body good
    I was googling last night and found a bunch of other people who said they immediately gain 5 lbs in water weight when they're taking NSAIDs, so I felt even more reassured that's part of the problem. Tendinitis is feeling a lot better today too, thankfully.

Struggling with keeping the carbs back down so far today, but doing it. (It's tough after spoiling myself w/ eating crap.) Drinking as much green tea as my bladder will allow. Going to do cardio after work. That's the plan so far.

Yesterday's totals: 1911 calories, 131g protein, 125.1g fat, 74.2g carbs. Ah, much better.

Did go to the gym for cardio and abs. 16 minutes on the treadmill, plus 100 unweighted stepups and side to sides. Two sets of plank, one set of "Tibetan" leg lifts, 3 sets weighted ab crunch machine thingy. Tendinitis was feeling so much better, so after my planks and leg lifts, I thought I'd bust out some pushups. I did 12 and then owww, shouldn't had oughta fukkin done that. I am so stupid. Why can I not let it rest? It wasn't too bad last night or this morning, though, thankfully, but I did need some ibuprofen. And my weight's down to 119 this morning, so three pounds of that ridiculous bloat is gone.

Today's totals: 1928 calories, 145.4g protein, 112.2g fat, 88g carbs.

Had a weird day at the gym today. Did lower body first and was doing great. Went up on my db sldl, went up on leg press, went up on stepups, did (static) lunges for the first time in forever. Then when I went to do upper body, I sucked. Couldn't get all my reps in in hardly anything and my right arm (with the tendinitis) felt especially weak, even though it was hurting much much less today than it was on Monday or Wednesday when I was able to lift just fine. Grrr.

Today's totals will be: 2140 calories, 122.8g protein, 136.5g fat, 85.5g carbs, 20.8g alcohol.

Didn't go to the gym for cardio after work because <insert rant about my irresponsible landscaper here> but did get a little over three mile walk in after dinner, just to the store and back. I weighed 117 this morning, which means I have managed to pee out 5 pounds of bloat in four days. My brilliant plan to scale back the carbs and drink endless mugs of green tea is apparently working. So back to bulking!

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My guess is that it was water weight. Does green tea really work? I've heard the same thing about NSAIDs. When I was obsessively weighing myself every day I noticed that my weight seemed to pop-up when I took naproxen (Aleve).

What's a "Tibetan" leg lift?
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post
    My guess is that it was water weight. Does green tea really work? I've heard the same thing about NSAIDs. When I was obsessively weighing myself every day I noticed that my weight seemed to pop-up when I took naproxen (Aleve).

What's a "Tibetan" leg lift?

I don't know if green tea actually does do anything other than make drinking a crapload of water palatable for me but whether it's a property of the tea or just the amount of water, it does flush me out really well.

Tibetan leg lifts is how I refer (goofily and probably sacrilegiously [sorry, Tibetan Buddhist monks!]) to Rite #2: http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

I don't know if green tea actually does do anything other than make drinking a crapload of water palatable for me but whether it's a property of the tea or just the amount of water, it does flush me out really well.

Tibetan leg lifts is how I refer (goofily and probably sacrilegiously [sorry, Tibetan Buddhist monks!]) to Rite #2: http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm
    I struggle big time with water. Don't like it. Have to be really, really thirsty. Don't get really, really thirsty......maybe once a year. I am up to 2 liters per day, and it's a painful struggle to get it in me. Maybe I need to quit buying crap like Crystal Light so I don't have a choice.

The leg lifts look hellish.

Glad your bloat is subsiding.

Landscaper issues still????

I struggle big time with water. Don't like it. Have to be really, really thirsty. Don't get really, really thirsty......maybe once a year. I am up to 2 liters per day, and it's a painful struggle to get it in me. Maybe I need to quit buying crap like Crystal Light so I don't have a choice.

The leg lifts look hellish.

Glad your bloat is subsiding.

Landscaper issues still????
    See, I don't think there's anything wrong w/ crystal light, and that it still counts as water. The only time I can drink plain water (not flavored, not sparkling, not made into tea, lol) is when I'm working out. And the little **** landscaper *finally* finished my yard this afternoon. He's still got yard waste to haul away, however, provided the city doesn't take it, which they won't. Unless the trash guys are feeling very charitable tomorrow a.m.

I still had some weakness in my right arm at the gym today. Really lost power by the end of the workout and had to scale back the benching. Did manage to do cable curls and dips today (first arm isolation work in over a week) and my upper body work wasn't, on the whole, as pathetic as Friday. Lower body stuff was great. My trainer showed me reverse lunges, which she's just started doing, and to my surprise, I think my balance is better on them than forward lunges. So I'ma try adding them in. My trainer also told me she got a new 1 rep squat max yesterday. 250. Holy fukk. I lurve her.

Today's totals: 2105 calories, 127.2g protein, 119.5g fat, 106.4g carbs, 19.5g alcohol.

Really busy active running-around day today. Got in at least 3 miles of walking, plus cardio at gym (22 minutes + 100 stepups and 100 side to sides) and, for the first time in a week, some really good stretching. I really have been neglecting that lately. Note to self: you were supposed to do more yoga during the bulk, get on it.

My R arm still feels weaker than normal and more painful in the shoulder now, instead of the elbow/forearm I'm afraid when I started that ill-advised set of pushups on Thursday and then went, oh sh*t, I may have fukked up my brachial plexis. Looking back, it was Friday that the arm started feeling weaker instead of painful. Booked a massage for Wednesday afternoon and will lift what I can Wednesday morning.

Scale was wavering between 116 and 117 this morning, and that's after having two cups of coffee and having eaten half my breakfast. If that means I am actually up 2-3 pounds over the last 3 weeks, that would be good. I think. The pants I'm wearing today felt slightly tighter than they used to be, but certainly they still fit fine. I'm feeling very...solid, and compact.

Just had some cherries. (20 cherries. I freaking counted.) I look forward to that every June/early July. One of my favorite foods.

Today's totals will be: 2139 calories, 140.2g protein, 113.9g fat, 118g carbs, 19.8g alcohol.

Tuesday's totals: 2285 calories, 135.9g protein, 119.2g fat, 135.7g carbs, 22g alcohol.

Wednesday's totals: 1952 calories, 125.8g protein, 104.3g fat, 141.7g carbs.

Carb-heavy both days. Went to Starbucks both days. Is there a correlation there??!?!!??? lol

Brachial plexis still effed up Right arm still weak. Got a massage today and while it was great and he worked on a lot of trigger points in my traps and levator, I am sure that's not what's causing this. That being said, when I lifted today the only thing that really suffered was bench press. Thinking that when I lift Friday, I may just really blast my legs and let my upper body have an extra day of rest. My trainer showed me how to do standing calf raises on the smith machine today, 'cause I asked.

And in great bulking news--I saw my back in on of those 3 way dressing room mirrors and holy crap! my lats are comin' in! Hope it shows in next week's pictures.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work here, Drea. (Yes, I am still lurking)

Congrats on the Lats progress!
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Curious...are you concerned about consuming too many carbs? As a newbie bulker, I was too and I posted in the bulking thread and the feedback I got was, as I am sure you know, get adequate protein/fats and fill in the rest with carbs.

I am getting approximately 200+ gm of carbs per day, approximately 160-170 gm of protein, and approximately 80 gm of fat per day. It's never exact and never the same.

I feel terrific and carbs make me so happy. Last year I was cutting on 70 gm of carbs a day with a could of refeeds. Now that I can compare, I realized how lethargic I felt. I got down to 115 lbs though. Couldn't support the look though. Never again.