ash484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help with my program

hey guys, looking for must do exercises to gain size, im a rugby player looking to bulk up a few kgs, any helps welcome routines, sets, exercises any help you can give me really cheers guys

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ash484 View Post
    hey guys, looking for must do exercises to gain size, im a rugby player looking to bulk up a few kgs, any helps welcome routines, sets, exercises any help you can give me really cheers guys
    at 3'10" i imagine it's quite easy to run under opponent's legs aye? I'd say the olympic lifts would be beneficial.. squats, cleans, jerks, etc..
    {{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141019611&p=806856321#post806856321

Drive/Uncut Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158011943

jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, size is an inevitable biproduct of the fork to mouth curl. Your training should be focused on developing strength applicable to your sport. This means that your program needs to be primarily anaerobic and should target the synergies that you use on the field. Focus on the squat bench deadlift and rowing exercises with accessory work to target your weak points. Have you been training (off the field) for any length of time, or are you new to the gym?
    If you are a novice then I would suggest building a solid strength base with a program like rippetoes, if only to develop proper form in the main lifts.
    Focus on getting STRONGER, size is an inevitable bi-product. If you can't squat with proper form you have no business at the rack.

"I'll give you one book to read, starting strength; read that book" -Jim Wendler, during the "Big" seminar.

ash484 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha well i havent actually entered a height or anything so but im 6ft to clarify that haha and ive been hitting the gym quite hard for a year or so, ive gained a considerable amount of size but looking to hit it harder and with something that will be beneficial to my sport, so i need to focus on the core ones really like everything you say squats, bench deadlift rows anything else thats essential?

jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhew86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I am a big believer in conjugate training. Ideally you should be training for the strengths used in the competition movements of your sport. In the case of rugby you will need to train for maximal strength and strength speed (the ability to reach maximal strength of movement in a short time frame, best accomplished by incorporating dynamic training into your program). For this I would suggest breaking your training down in one of two ways. Either incorporating both maximal effort and dynamic effort lifts into every training day, or, splitting the week into max effort and dynamic effort days respectively. If you are doing the latter, a program based loosely off of the Westside Barbell standard template might serve you well. The program as it is laid out in the template is designed mostly with powerlifters in mind, however it can be adapted to most sports. Beyond the lifting program, it is especially important that an athlete add in some basic conditioning to raise general physical preparedness and improve the efficiency of the energy systems. Sled drags, tire flips, and jump training are particularly useful means to accomplish such an end.
    Focus on getting STRONGER, size is an inevitable bi-product. If you can't squat with proper form you have no business at the rack.

"I'll give you one book to read, starting strength; read that book" -Jim Wendler, during the "Big" seminar.