Closed Thread
Page 52 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 11884
    all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by johnblythe View Post
    ditto

i appreciate it man, it's the thought that counts. words like that and people like you help make the journey all the more enjoyable and doable. best of luck to you and your wife!
    It wont let me rep you again either. But props to you for just putting all of the BS to the test. The only study that means anything is what happens on the field of battle, the lifting platform, the posing platform or in the mirror. I've shoveled a lot of BS out of my way over the years and the one thing I've learned is that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Deviant Motive View Post
    aww, *blushes*

brandibopeep looks great. Me, well, I'm still tweaking my diet and have been sick which has caused me some set backs but thanks for the compliment

I don't personally know any women that lifts weights. Its like they are scared or intimidated by it.

I've always been around it since my dad has been lifting since the late 70's early 80's. I've always played around with his gadgets and he'd laugh at me for trying to pick up some of his weights. He'd punch me in my arm and ask if it hurt, while I'm getting up off of the floor............. j/k. He never punched me that hard. He'd flex his muscle and taunt me to try and hurt him. hehehe

*sigh*

I've always been a "daddy's girl".

I really think most women aren't properly educated about lifting weights and think they are going to look like a bodybuilder and that just won't happen to the average woman. Our hormones won't allow it. We have less testosterone than men have, hence why we don't look like men and why we don't bulk up like a man when we lift weights.

I also think some women don't want to lift weights because it looks like too much work. They'd rather walk or do a light jog or some aerobics vid. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its just not my thing.

I give a thumbs up to anyone that gets off their butt and puts forth an effort to do SOMETHING.

I hope you can help your wife along with working out but you can't make her enjoy it. Hopefully, once she grasps the concept, she'll love it.

I wish I could convince my husband of this. I've tried for 22 years to get him to workout and he just won't do it. He's tried, but won't stick to a program. He thinks if he does 25 curls a couple times a week, he'll look buff. I made him mad when I laughed at him for doing that. Now, he won't pick up a weight.

*waves to John*

Hope you, your wife and the little one are doing fine.
    Thanks for that Deviant, and that is exactly the impression I get, seeing really muscular women is unusual and from what I read very hard to attain, what is typical is firmness with very good shape and posture. Well I showed my wife the pictures of you and the other lady, she looked very interested and funnily enough she actually suggested the idea of setting up a home gym, something I had been thinking about also, so indications are good.

Anyway thanks again for the info I will pass it along to my wife and I hope your health/stomach thing improves soon.
    Find a job that you love and you'll never have to work another day in your life.

I rep anyone over the age of 40 on sight, us coffin dodgers have got to stick together!

green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I knew about SINGO but I was wondering what had happened to BoPeep. I thought maybe she was out looking for her sheep and got lost!
    I was lost but now I am found

I've got to get some new progress pics up soon...I've leaned out a bit and now think those last pics look like H*ll The pressure is on now...with my name in this thread I've been getting a lot of "peeps" at my pics ::freaking out::

I'm in the middle of cycle 8...*still* love the program although at this point I have mixed it up here and there. Had added upright rows to one cycle. Incline-hammer grip DB press to another.Etc. Currently I'm trying to improve my chin-ups/pull-ups. Thinking for cycle 9 I might switch over to DBs on some exercises for a change.

Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    You have two options at this point ... You could fit in a second heavy, and shift your schedule over a day or two ... Or you could just go ahead and hit up cycle 3.

It's early enough in the routine that you could just forge on with cycle 3, repeating your OHP ... But as to scheduling, only you know how that can work out.

You could also take a few days off to reset the schedule, but I'd only use that if you really really need to.
    Thanks for the advice, i think i'm just going to go for it and start the next cycle on Monday.

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post

I've got to get some new progress pics up soon...I've leaned out a bit and now think those last pics look like H*ll The pressure is on now...with my name in this thread I've been getting a lot of "peeps" at my pics ::freaking out::

I'm in the middle of cycle 8...*still* love the program although at this point I have mixed it up here and there. Had added upright rows to one cycle. Incline-hammer grip DB press to another.Etc. Currently I'm trying to improve my chin-ups/pull-ups. Thinking for cycle 9 I might switch over to DBs on some exercises for a change.
    Welcome back!!
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

fake it till i make it johnblythe's Avatar
    johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DeviantMotive
    *waves to John*

Hope you, your wife and the little one are doing fine.
    Hey there friend! We are doing great, thank you . We're in the 18th week or so, so things are better now in the 2nd trimester. O! And we found out we're having a boy, so that's super exciting thanks for checking in!
    A better read than 50 Shades of Gray and Twilight combined, srsbrah: http://tinyurl.com/jblylifts

CURRENT GOAL: 1100+ (reached 04/11); 1150+, < 14%
    Current lameness: 375/235/495 = 1105
    [b]2013[/b]: +85# on 4/11

Racing KenshinH to manly (495+) pull

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)

I'm in the middle of cycle 8...
    Props, props, and more props! Can I call you a beast without you getting offended? It's really the highest compliment I can give!
    Well done is better than well said.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Well hello there. EIGHT cycles! So does this program work?
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTLonghorn2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    as far as bulking diet goes, would it be good to carb cycle with this program? more carbs on w/o days?

Registered User Dontdrinkurmilk's Avatar
    Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just starting this routine tomorrow, sunday, tuesday and thursday, looks great, ive added over head tricep extenstions on thursdays only. Thanks for the workout.

Originally Posted by UTLonghorn2005 View Post
    as far as bulking diet goes, would it be good to carb cycle with this program? more carbs on w/o days?
    I'm not sure it would help. If you screw up though you will gain fat!

Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mozzi101 View Post
    Thanks for that Deviant, and that is exactly the impression I get, seeing really muscular women is unusual and from what I read very hard to attain, what is typical is firmness with very good shape and posture. Well I showed my wife the pictures of you and the other lady, she looked very interested and funnily enough she actually suggested the idea of setting up a home gym, something I had been thinking about also, so indications are good.

Anyway thanks again for the info I will pass it along to my wife and I hope your health/stomach thing improves soon.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope your wife enjoys working out. Just be patient with her and give her as much support as possible.

*waves*

Originally Posted by johnblythe View Post
    Hey there friend! We are doing great, thank you . We're in the 18th week or so, so things are better now in the 2nd trimester. O! And we found out we're having a boy, so that's super exciting thanks for checking in!
    Congrats on the baby boy !
    ~Moosifee~

"Yes, if you squat wrong it f**ks things up. If you squat correctly, those same f***ed-up things will unf**k themselves." -- Mark Rippetoe

(Cycle 3 : all pro's 636)

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hey BBP!

Have you taken a look at AllPro's Intermediate Routines?? Shameless plug ... trying to get more people over to the dark side ....

sangam123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It has been a great help to me.I am new in this was really helpful.

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cycle 4, week 4 medium day done. My diet has been so so due to getting meals cooked for us at work as I work away and it is hard to count calories and as a result have lost 6kg when I am infact trying to bulk although my strength has not suffered. Can't eat anything we want but have access to milk so think I may start drinking alot of that to get calories in..

What are peoples thoughts on creatine?? Currently the only supps I take are:

Multi
    Whey
    Flax oil

Originally Posted by WestOz View Post
    Cycle 4, week 4 medium day done. My diet has been so so due to getting meals cooked for us at work as I work away and it is hard to count calories and as a result have lost 6kg when I am infact trying to bulk although my strength has not suffered. Can't eat anything we want but have access to milk so think I may start drinking alot of that to get calories in..

Multi
    Whey
    Flax oil
    I think for most people 5 grams of creatine per day helps to gain size and strength. just make sure you drink enough water.

mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WestOz View Post

Multi
    Whey
    Flax oil
    Hey WsetOz,
    was just reading your Squats in middle of the ocean thread, funny

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131059963

From what I understand and have read creatine is one the few supps that gets the universal thumbs up. Milk is good also of course used by body builders for years.
    Find a job that you love and you'll never have to work another day in your life.

I rep anyone over the age of 40 on sight, us coffin dodgers have got to stick together!

Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are people taking progress pictures every cycle?

I am going to take a picture every cycle and probably finish this routine at cycle 15 or 20. Then going to do a collage of before pics going all the way to recent. With date it was taken and how much I weighed and what my bf% was.

I drink about 1litre of milk everyday! I just mix it up in my milkshake. First few weeks took me awhile to enjoy it. But not I can eat heaps and drink heaps and I'm use to it.

dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Move Curls

Howdy - I hate having to ask if I can change the routine but because I'm old and weak or whatever it's impossible to do as is. I cannot do OHP because of problems with my rotator cuff so I do tricep presses followed by standing rows instead.

The problem is that my left forearm is fried after these two exercises and I cannot do proper curls. It's almost like a charlie horse in my left forearm.

So can I move curls to before the tricep press & standing rows?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by dgaughan View Post
    Howdy - I hate having to ask if I can change the routine but because I'm old and weak or whatever it's impossible to do as is. I cannot do OHP because of problems with my rotator cuff so I do tricep presses followed by standing rows instead.

The problem is that my left forearm is fried after these two exercises and I cannot do proper curls. It's almost like a charlie horse in my left forearm.

So can I move curls to before the tricep press & standing rows?

Thanks!
    If you're going to do that do curls after standing rows.

brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Max10 View Post
    Props, props, and more props! Can I call you a beast without you getting offended? It's really the highest compliment I can give!
    I can take a compliment Thank you!

Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    Welcome back!!
    Thanks. I tend to lurk in/out of the thread It's a hard thread to keep up with sometimes....it moves fast!

Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    Well hello there. EIGHT cycles! So does this program work?
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
    It works well for ME! Especially since I am *very* limited with equip and I work out at home! That limits my choices.alot.
    IDK if you remember but I had to switch over to front squats in cycle 2 or 3 because I couldn't get the BB over my head safely for reg squats. You "allowed" me to add 1 set of DLs. It eventually became too much to do both so I switched to front squats on the heavy and light day and DLs on the medium(wed) day for the first lift. My trouble NOW is that I need more plates before I can advance in my DL! I am considering an intermediate program(*just* discovered the new thread) as long as I can still sub the front squat...gotta study the program options more thoroughly. But THIS program is SO easy to follow and IMO so efficient/effective...just frigging smart anyway you look at it! I HIGHLY recommend it!

ooops! missed these. not clear-headed today! Went on an all day motorcyle run yesterday and this girl can't "hang" like I used to! The day after is a little rougher than it used to be!

Originally Posted by Deviant Motive View Post
    *waves*
    Hi back!

Originally Posted by thedogdidit View Post
    Hey BBP!

Have you taken a look at AllPro's Intermediate Routines?? Shameless plug ... trying to get more people over to the dark side ....
    Aha.....you were reading my mind as I mentioned ^^^^^^

dadof3girls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haven't worked out in a year and a half feeling sluggish and fat. I am going to try this routine seems as though it'll fit well into my busy life.

Thanks

geo08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geo08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, im gonna start this program tomorrow the last few questions.

I suffer from a small scoliosis on my lower back so I cant do squats and military press, can I change squats for leg press? and military barbell press for shoulder press in a machine?.

Also can I add any exercise for tricep?, like pull downs?

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quite a few powerlifters, weightlifters, other strength athletes, have scoliosis. My wife does, and it doesn't stop her swimming and going to the gym.

Leg press is a great way to strengthen and bulk legs.

But you MUST strengthen your back. Otherwise you'll always be injuring yourself doing anything strenuous in or out of the gym.

You should start doing back extensions. When they are too easy try goodmornings. When you are handling near bodyweight you should have lost your fear that your lumbars will give out when you start light with squat and dead. Take the long term view.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontdrinkurmilk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    HI All,

I started this routine yesterday, i thought overall it went well, it was my first workout of the week, i started on heavy day then medium tomorrow and light on thursday hope this is correct, I can feel my hamstrings a bit this morning must be the stiff legged deadlift, i found it quite easy with the exception of overhead barbell press which on the heaviest set i really struggled just managing to complete a full 8 ;-S, My question if anyone could help, is for example my heaviest weight on heavy day was around 25 kg, (i know very light) now this is pretty easy for curling and benching but as i said hard for me to perform for over head bb press, is this normal or should i be increasing the weight per exercise slightly or just do the same weight across the whole routine, which is the case with the exception of squat as i can only use dumbbells for that so their arounf 5kg each.

Thanks all

alanecr33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dontdrinkurmilk View Post
    HI All,

I started this routine yesterday, i thought overall it went well, it was my first workout of the week, i started on heavy day then medium tomorrow and light on thursday hope this is correct, I can feel my hamstrings a bit this morning must be the stiff legged deadlift, i found it quite easy with the exception of overhead barbell press which on the heaviest set i really struggled just managing to complete a full 8 ;-S, My question if anyone could help, is for example my heaviest weight on heavy day was around 25 kg, (i know very light) now this is pretty easy for curling and benching but as i said hard for me to perform for over head bb press, is this normal or should i be increasing the weight per exercise slightly or just do the same weight across the whole routine, which is the case with the exception of squat as i can only use dumbbells for that so their arounf 5kg each.

Thanks all
    you may have to back track a little and re read the program.
    you need to find your 10 rep max for each exercise..so you will use heavier weights for bench compared to your overhead press..

find out what weight you can handle for 10 reps for each exercise and work from there
    If you do what you`ve always done,you`ll get what you`ve always gotten

Originally Posted by alanecr33 View Post
    you may have to back track a little and re read the program.
    you need to find your 10 rep max for each exercise..so you will use heavier weights for bench compared to your overhead press..

find out what weight you can handle for 10 reps for each exercise and work from there
    At least i found out early on lol, Thanks for pointing that out, ill sort it out for tomorrow that helps alot cheers....

BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BogyBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Today is my 4th week of cycle 1 i.e. I will be doing 11 reps. I know I can do all other exercises and the only thing I fear is OHP. May be I can do following slight adjustments so I am able to do it.

1. Doing OHP right after squats. Because doing it after bench press and bent over rows, it takes a toll on your shoulders so may be doing it after squats will help!?

2. Doing both warmup sets with 25% weight rather then one doing 25% and the other 50%. Because I think I can conserve some energy when I will do the second warmup set with 25% weight!?

3. Doing OHP a little faster. I mean I normally do it slowly (I don't know how to describe it) or shall I say moderately so may be I can do it a little bit faster because in that case it doesn't hurt so much on shoulders!?

Originally Posted by BogyBuilder View Post
    Today is my 4th week of cycle 1 i.e. I will be doing 11 reps. I know I can do all other exercises and the only thing I fear is OHP. May be I can do following slight adjustments so I am able to do it.

1. Doing OHP right after squats. Because doing it after bench press and bent over rows, it takes a toll on your shoulders so may be doing it after squats will help!?

2. Doing both warmup sets with 25% weight rather then one doing 25% and the other 50%. Because I think I can conserve some energy when I will do the second warmup set with 25% weight!?

3. Doing OHP a little faster. I mean I normally do it slowly (I don't know how to describe it) or shall I say moderately so may be I can do it a little bit faster because in that case it doesn't hurt so much on shoulders!?
    I do struggle with ohp its a sign that I need to gain strength in that area! I would resist the temptation to go fast, in most cases going slow will do more good? I'm gonna have to establish my heaviest 10 rep for all exercises before tommorow.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast