Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55
Results 1,621 to 1,622 of 1622
    Joffray is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by love4852 View Post
    I had a right side lapro inguinal hernia mesh repaired 4/1/19. Recovery was going great, felt stronger than before and was back in the gym by week 6 doing light, controlled movements focused on form and mind/muscle connection.

Fast forward to this week (12 weeks post op). Everything is feeling amazing, back to my old self, but still sticking to light work. Feeling so good, I forgot that I was still recovering and was careless. I was doing a back bend stretch with my arms over head, and felt a pop in the repair site.

There was no pain, and after obsessively checking and testing, it doesn’t appear the hernia has recurred. 3 days after the pop, my right side feels off and is much weaker than it has been. I feel very slight pain in the site, but I’m thinking this is more a mental thing than actual pain due to it only appearing when I’m focusing on it. I’m just really concerned how it feels weak again.

My left side, in the same area is notorious for “popping” when I do similar stretches and has had no problems.

I know the obvious course is to go to my surgeon, but I was laid off from work the week after my operation and lost my insurance. Seeing the doc is only something I can do if it’s an emergency.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I see cases of people popping the mesh suture and scar tissue and all it’s no big deal...
    I haven't been through your situation but figured I'd offer my $.02. First thing I would say is ---- get you some of that Obamacare just in case. If you have no income at the moment I don't think it costs you.

Then I would go into the gym and act as if that pop never happened. Lift, run, do whatever you normally do and see if you experience pain or swelling in the area. If not, chalk it up to a mental thing. If you truly ripped something affecting the stability of the mesh I would think it wouldn't take 3 days for you to notice. Hopefully, someone with a similar experience will chime in.

love4852 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Joffray View Post
    I haven't been through your situation but figured I'd offer my $.02. First thing I would say is ---- get you some of that Obamacare just in case. If you have no income at the moment I don't think it costs you.

Then I would go into the gym and act as if that pop never happened. Lift, run, do whatever you normally do and see if you experience pain or swelling in the area. If not, chalk it up to a mental thing. If you truly ripped something affecting the stability of the mesh I would think it wouldn't take 3 days for you to notice. Hopefully, someone with a similar experience will chime in.
    Good points all around. I looked into Obamacare, i forget the details but I ended up getting short term major medical coverage- not ideal for an office visit but I’ll double check. I’m getting closer to final stages in interviews, so hoping this is nothing or something I can put off until I get full coverage back.

I’m taking a week off from the gym, purely out of caution and should give me peace of mind I’m not aggravating a potential strain. Then back to the gym. Part of me is thinking this is DOMS to an extent, just not the symptoms I’m used to, considering I didn’t notice the weak feeling until 2 days later.

Any thoughts on that? Really appreciate the advice.