loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10)

LoveandWaves - 6 Weeks RFL Log

Just going to post this here to keep myself accountable and organized.

----------------------------
    Total duration: 6 weeks
    - Start date: 10/15/12
    - End date: 11/25/12

Week 1 - Overview

Body Composition
    - Weight: 168 lbs
    - BMI: 27
    - Bodyfat%: 34.5%

Diet Category: 2

PSMF Diet Recommendations
    - Protein Per Day: 137.5 g
    - Free meals: 1
    - Re-feeds: 1
    - Supplements: Fish Oil Capsule x10, Calcium 1200mg x1, 20mg Ephedrine/200mg Caffeine x3

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What are your goals?
    Following strict PSMF?
    Doing before/after pics?

Good luck !
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveandwaves is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    What are your goals?
    Following strict PSMF?
    Doing before/after pics?

Good luck !
    This is will be my second round of PSMF; I will be following Lyle McDonald's RFL diet as outlined in his book, and my goal will be to cut down to 150 lbs. The fist time I went on this diet I had great success, and lost a total of 19.2 pounds... if everything goes as smoothly this time around, I should meet my goal by the end of week 6

I meet with my trainer twice a week, and she actually took my picture last Friday, so I might post it on here along with a picture of me when this is all said and done!

Thanks for the support!

Week [1] Day [1]

Supplements: Fish Oil Capsule x10, Calcium 1200mg x1, EC 8mg/200mg x3
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Diet:

Cals: 690
    Fat(g): 6.4
    Carbs(g): 15.0
    Prot(g): 136.0

Meal 1 - 5:45 PM
    -20 Shrimp (Large, Costco)

Meal 2 - 12:00 AM
    -4 Fat Free Kraft Singles Slices
    -3 tbsp Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa (Costco)
    -3 Basa Loins Fish
    -1 Scoop Extreme Isolate 97 Protein Powder (Unflavored)
    Activities:
    None

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm doing RFL as a Category 2 with Category 2 free meals and refeeds.

Today is the start of my second week as well. Let's rally together and fight through.

It's actually not that bad of a diet if you keep yourself busy and don't let yourself get in situations where you're not prepared or caught off guard.

Just take it one day at a time and make it happen.

Don't beat yourself up if you slip. Just get back and track on keep going.

Best of luck in reaching your goals!
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

Originally Posted by TheNormalMan View Post
    I'm doing RFL as a Category 2 with Category 2 free meals and refeeds.

Today is the start of my second week as well. Let's rally together and fight through.

It's actually not that bad of a diet if you keep yourself busy and don't let yourself get in situations where you're not prepared or caught off guard.

Just take it one day at a time and make it happen.

Don't beat yourself up if you slip. Just get back and track on keep going.

Best of luck in reaching your goals!
    Oh great! Are you in this for 6 weeks as well?

I would agree that it's really not that bad; to be honest, I find this a very straight forward diet, which in turn makes it easy to follow... and all that protein you have to eat actually fills you up to the point where I for one have to supplement with whey because I just can't eat anymore :P

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and comment, I wish you the very best of luck on reaching your goals as well!!!

Week [1] Day [2]

Diet:

Cals: 660
    Fat(g): 6.8
    Carbs(g): 12.0
    Prot(g): 135.0

Meal 1 - 12:00 PM
    -2 Scoops Extreme Isolate 97 Protein Powder (Unflavored)

Meal 2 - 5:45 PM
    -2 Fat Free Kraft Singles Slices
    -3 Basa Loins Fish

Activities:
    Elliptical: 15 minutes (Warmup)
    Training: Full Body (With Trainer)

Notes:
    Well the EC stack kept me awake most of last night; with that being said...
    -I had a really good work out this morning -- I do circuit training, and up until this point I have only been able to do [2 sets of 8 movements x 20 reps each], and that would take me an hour, but today I managed 3 sets x 8 movements x 20 reps, with 15 minutes to spare at the end! I guess you win some you lose some with EC

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is rare to see anybody follow through till the end on rfl or psmf. Good luck mang. In.

Originally Posted by cnh57811 View Post
    It is rare to see anybody follow through till the end on rfl or psmf. Good luck mang. In.
    Thanks for the support! I'll try my best not to disappoint :P

Week [1] Day [3]

Diet:

Cals: 805
    Fat(g): 15.9
    Carbs(g): 25.0
    Prot(g): 137.7

Meal 1 - 9:00 PM
    -5 tbsp Light Parmesan Cheese
    -1 cup Extra Chunky Mild Salsa (Metro)
    -3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    -2 tbsp Sliced Olives
    -Probio Lactose Free Cheese (60g)

Meal 2 - 10:30 PM

Activities:

Elliptical: 30 minutes (Cardio)
    Hot Yoga: 60 minutes

Notes:

- 2 tbsp of light Parmesan cheese has 60 cals, 3g fat, no carbs, and 7g of protein. Not bad, and it tastes good with salsa and chicken Unflavored protein powder and water on the other hand...

Oh well, it gives me 37g of protein per scoop, can't complain.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by loveandwaves View Post
    Oh great! Are you in this for 6 weeks as well?

I would agree that it's really not that bad; to be honest, I find this a very straight forward diet, which in turn makes it easy to follow... and all that protein you have to eat actually fills you up to the point where I for one have to supplement with whey because I just can't eat anymore :P

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and comment, I wish you the very best of luck on reaching your goals as well!!!
    I'm starting with three weeks and going from there. Just doing a short run since I've been cutting hard since the end of July.

Really trying hard to not burn myself out. At the end of three weeks, I'll see where I'm at and see if I want or need to keep going.

I'll watch from the sidelines and make sure you stay on track as well!
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

Week [1] Day [4]

Diet:

Cals: 780
    Fat(g): 18.4
    Carbs(g): 12.0
    Prot(g): 139.4

Meal 1 - 4:00 PM
    -2 tbsp Light Parmesan Cheese
    -1/2 cup Extra Chunky Mild Salsa (Metro)
    -2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    -2 tbsp Sliced Olives

Meal 2 - 10:30 PM
    -Great Canadian Interior Ripened Skim Milk Cheese (30g)
    -2 tbsp Sliced Olives

Activities:

Yoga: 60 minutes

Notes:

- I feel like I could go the next 5 weeks just eating chicken + salsa + Parmesan cheese + olives. It's just so good!!
    - I didn't get much sleep again last night; it was the same last time I went on this diet as well. I guess I'll just wait patiently for the effects of EC to begin to wear off I still have a lot of energy during the day though, despite me staying up all night.

Week [1] Day [5]

Diet:

Cals: 790
    Fat(g): 18.4
    Carbs(g): 13.0
    Prot(g): 139.6

Meal 1 - 4:00 AM
    -Great Canadian Interior Ripened Skim Milk Cheese (60g)
    -2 tbsp Sliced Olives

Meal 2 - 11:15 AM

Meal 3 - 5:30 PM
    -Great Canadian Interior Ripened Skim Milk Cheese (30g)

Meal 4 - 12:30 AM
    -25 Shrimp (Large, Costco)
    -2 tbsp Sliced Olives

Activities:

Elliptical: 15 minutes (Warmup)
    Training: Full Body (With Trainer)

Week 1 - Overview

Week 1: Starting Weight: 168.0
    Week 1: End Weight: 163.4
    Week 1:Total Weight Loss: - 4.6

Week 2:

Body Composition
    - Weight: 163.4 lbs
    - BMI: 26
    - Bodyfat%: 33%

- Protein Per Day: 136.8 g
    - Supplements: Fish Oil Capsule x10, Calcium 1200mg x1, 20mg Ephedrine/200mg Caffeine x3

Notes:
    - I didn't get a chance to post, but I had my refeed on day 6- I basically just went to subways and got the chicken breast foot long sub on whole wheat bread. Day 7 roughly the same the previous week - just a lot of chicken and salsa, lol Anywho, I'm glad week one is over, I'm starting to get the hang of things here. 5 more weeks to go!

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by loveandwaves View Post
    Week 1: Starting Weight: 168.0
    Week 1: End Weight: 163.4
    Week 1:Total Weight Loss: - 4.6

Week 2:

Body Composition
    - Weight: 163.4 lbs

- Protein Per Day: 136.8 g

Notes:
    - I didn't get a chance to post, but I had my refeed on day 6- I basically just went to subways and got the chicken breast foot long sub on whole wheat bread. Day 7 roughly the same the previous week - just a lot of chicken and salsa, lol Anywho, I'm glad week one is over, I'm starting to get the hang of things here. 5 more weeks to go!
    Awesome job and congrats on the drop the first week! Keep with it you got this!
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    Awesome job and congrats on the drop the first week! Keep with it you got this!
    Haha, yeah, talk about water weight! But thank you so much for taking the time to follow along and show your support!!! It's really motivating, and I appreciate it!

Week [2] Day [1]

Diet:

Cals: 730
    Fat(g): 12.9
    Carbs(g): 11.0
    Prot(g): 134.7

Meal 1 - 5:30 PM
    -30 Shrimp (Large, Costco)

Meal 2 - 12:30 AM
    -5 tbsp Light Parmesan Cheese
    -5 tbsp Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa (Costco)
    -2 tbsp Sliced Olives

Activities:

None

Week [2] Day [3]

Diet:

Cals: 742
    Fat(g): 16.4
    Carbs(g): 10.5
    Prot(g): 135.2

Meal 1 - 10:30 PM
    -6 tbsp Light Parmesan Cheese
    -3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    -Great Canadian Interior Ripened Skim Milk Cheese (60g)
    -2 tbsp Wine Sauerkrut

Activities:

Hot Yoga: 60 minutes

Notes:

- I didn't log yesterday's stats, but it was more or less the same food + my free meal for this week, which was 6-7 timbits from Tim Hortons, and I also did an hour long training session at the gym with my trainer.

LOL, I'm still on this! I've been keeping busy, but here is my progress to date:

End of Week 2 - Overview

Week 2: Starting Weight: 163.4
    Week 2: End Weight: 160.2
    Week 2:Total Weight Loss: - 3.2

Week 3:

Body Composition
    - Weight: 160.2 lbs

- Protein Per Day: 134 g

Notes: I had one refeed week 2, no free meal though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Week 3 - Overview

Week 3: Starting Weight: 160.2
    Week 3: End Weight: 157.7
    Week 3:Total Weight Loss: - 2.5

Week 4:

Body Composition
    - Weight: 157.7 lbs
    - BMI: 25
    - Bodyfat%: 31.5%

- Protein Per Day: 134.6 g

Notes: During week 3 I had a refeed and a free meal. My free meal was two cinnamon rolls from Cinnabon. Extra icing. ...

- so just to recap, today is week [4] day [2], I'm down to 157.7 from 168, so 10.3 lbs in well under a month. Sure, most of it is likely water weight, but I'm still happy with my progress I feel no significant loss of strength at the gym during my training, so I'm pleased with that. I still have trouble sleeping, but I think that's a small price to pay.