tidge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Impex Powerhouse 1950 Bench & Squat Cage

Hi-

I'm a noob here and have an equipment question was hoping someone could clarify.

I just bought a used bench & cage: Impex Powerhouse 1950.

The bench has bar platform L-brackets on the round vertical supports that can be rotated 360 degrees to allow the user to position the L-Brackets in front for benchpress and incline benchpress bar use or rotate them 180 degrees off the back for stand-up bar/squat use.

There is, however, something I can't quite figure out...

The L-Brackets are about 6-7" long and protrude outward from the vertical supports.

In bench press mode, this puts them directly over the shoulders of the lifter - effectively obstructing the range of motion.

I can scoot down the bench a bit to get range-of-motion clearance above but on incline, I effectively had to scoot off the incline to get that range of motion clearance - obviously self-defeating...

Am I doing something wrong in using this bench where bench press is concerned or is this simply a glaring design flaw in it's construction?

I emailed Impex support but they have not responded.

I have attached a photo of the bench and L-Brackets from the side.

Anyone have any experience with this bench that can offer some advice?

Thx.

Chris
    Attached Images

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should have spent more time on these forums prior to buying that piece of junk. Return it and get your money back.

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome to the forum. Bad news is - Yes, your probably going to get to use it as-is, while looking for some quality pieces to replace it. The Good news is since you bought used, you probably wont loose a great deal selling it again.

tidge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by donforeman View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Bad news is - Yes, your probably going to get to use it as-is, while looking for some quality pieces to replace it. The Good news is since you bought used, you probably wont loose a great deal selling it again.
    Yeah - I didn't think it was the best bench in the world... but was at least hoping it would be functional and I had something assembled wrong...