darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cravings on keto (sweets/carbs)

I've been following a regular 40/30/30 diet since november and my weight loss has slowed down and I just feel sluggish all the time, I tried doing keto this previous week but caved in to sugar cravings. What can I do to combat these?

I like Keto because it allows me to eat what I want (fatty meats) but I've never had sugar cravings this intense before

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You gotta push through it. They will lessen with time, but likely never go away completely. There also some things like sugar free jello and such for your sweet tooth.
    I'm a sad little man

Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Plain Jane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by darudende View Post
    I've been following a regular 40/30/30 diet since november and my weight loss has slowed down and I just feel sluggish all the time, I tried doing keto this previous week but caved in to sugar cravings. What can I do to combat these?

I like Keto because it allows me to eat what I want (fatty meats) but I've never had sugar cravings this intense before
    Sweet cravings seem common when you first start keto (along with bad breath and headache and sluggishness for the first few days). I've found the following recipes to be really helpful in helping me stay on track:

Vanilla Ice Cream Shake
    - 1/2 cup milk (use more or less depending on your carb limit)
    - 1/3 cup heavy cream
    - 1 whole egg
    - 1 tbs stevia powder
    - 1/4 tsp alcohol-free vanilla flavoring
    *- 1 scoop soluble fiber powder (helps prevent constipation; not required)

Blend for about 30 seconds. Stevia granules are pretty grainy and I've found it better to thoroughly blend them in. This also reduces or eliminates and weird aftertaste in my expeirence.

After blending, put in freezer for about 20 minutes. Taste just like a real vanilla milk shake!

It's saved my arse on more than one occasion, but make sure you watch how many you have a day so you don't go over in calories. If you need more protein, try throwing in some vanilla sugar-free protein poweder.

Keto-safe Lemonade
    - 1 cup filtered water
    - 1/2 cup lemon juice
    - 1.5 tbsp stevia powder

I have a juicer and actually juice my lemons with the pith on, but lemon juice concentrate should work just fine. As with the ice cream shake, I recommend blending the liquid with the stevia, using more or less depending on your sweet tooth. Take heed, though, because too much stevia gives a slightly weird (but not really that bad) aftertaste.

Keto Cheesecake
    - 8oz cream cheese
    - 1 whole egg
    - 3/4 cup heavy cream
    - 1/3 cup stevia powder (more or less depending on your sweet preference)

Mix all the ingredients in a stoneware pan until it's smooth and creamy but still very thick, and then bake on 350F for about 40 minutes. Some people use coconut milk instead of heavy cream, and you may need to adjust the levels to suit your preference for texture, density, and consistency, but this recipe works well enough for me.

Just a note about the stevia: everything I've read regarding artificial sweeteners and sugar alternatives peg stevia as one of the best sugar replacements. Everything I've read about stevia suggests that it can help improve insulin tolerance, and I've yet to come across any evidence that stevia can kick you out of keto. However, I am not a nutritionist/research scientist/chemist/physician. If anyone has any info to the contrary by all means let me know.

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Check out the meal section

Also whipped cream usually does it
    Or like peanut butter

darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just went out and bought some whipped cream and jello for the week. Hopefully, this week won't end up in me binging for carbs.

I'm just gonna suck it up and get through it.

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just went out and bought some whipped cream and jello for the week. Hopefully, this week won't end up in me binging for carbs.

I'm just gonna suck it up and get through it.
    Suffer the pain of discipline, Or suffer the pain of regret.
    Man up and do the diet. Or regret never looking how you want.

vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50) vxnine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    frozen peanut butter with splenda mixed in

kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kmpfan32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Not to be rude or offend you but everytime you crave sugar, just look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you like the way you look.

The hardest thing about losing weight is commitment and I fully believe in that, being in med school, I strongly tell people that they can do anything they are committed in.
    It's not hard to follow a diet, it's not hard to do 3-5 hours of working out a week, the hardest thing is telling yourself what food is good for you and what food will make gain fat and once you overcome that, weight loss is pretty simple.

So just take some time everyday (10-15 minutes) to look at transformations, progresses and that will motivate you and strengthen your commitment. Good luck.

djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the cravings will go away just push through man...

b4 i got fat adapted i felt like a zombie for a few days, forced myself to still hit the treadmill even after a dreadful workout and then all the sudden one day u feel amazing...some of my lifts have even gone up and im only 3 weeks in

good luck

humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kmpfan32 View Post
    Not to be rude or offend you but everytime you crave sugar, just look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you like the way you look.

The hardest thing about losing weight is commitment and I fully believe in that, being in med school, I strongly tell people that they can do anything they are committed in.
    It's not hard to follow a diet, it's not hard to do 3-5 hours of working out a week, the hardest thing is telling yourself what food is good for you and what food will make gain fat and once you overcome that, weight loss is pretty simple.

So just take some time everyday (10-15 minutes) to look at transformations, progresses and that will motivate you and strengthen your commitment. Good luck.
    i agree ^^^^

tylerg2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some of the most motivating/inspiring images IMO:

gethenchnow.com/top-20-motivational-pictures/

Pick out a few that work for you, print them out, and tape them to your mirrors, fridge, walls, etc.

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BlueRev View Post
    Suffer the pain of discipline, Or suffer the pain of regret.
    I love this quote so much that its been my wallpaper for the last few months since I've come across it. Its so applicable to a weight loss journey!

275->180->248... Next stop, 150

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

DISCIPLINE + PATIENCE = SUCCESS

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sugar-Free Jello
    Lemonade/Lime-ade made with Stevia as stated by Jane
    Low-carb crepes

A non-food strategy that helps is to keep a small notepad with you at all times. Write down your cravings as they happen and have that at your next carb-up. It's a way of telling yourself you can have those things- at the appropriate time.

You do want to sort of wean yourself off the sweet tastes, though, IMO... eventually you will stop craving sweet and start craving rich things instead (read: creamy, fatty.)
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Make chocolate brownies or sludge with chocolate whey protein, all natural peanut butter and maybe some blueberries. It's delicious. Just make sure it fits your macros.

AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngloF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Keto Sweet cravings

I have been running 70:25:5 fat/protein/carb diet for over a year now.
    The first month was murder in the gym, I was really lethargic.
    After that felt full of energy and strength.
    I’ve gone from 125kg - 95kg past 9 months.
    At 47 years old - I am feeling more alive than when I was 25.

Bad news is the cravings don’t go away - but do lessen.

To deal with cravings - myprotein choc flavour beef protein powder (almost zero carb) and water. Can drink that anytime you crave sweet.

Avoid milk as the Lactose can knock you out of ketosis (lactose is basically a sugar).

Almond butter layered with mascarpone and frozen like ice cream.

Pure stevia drops help to drop into anything fatty - Clotted Cream is my favourite.

Desiccated coconut Mixed with almond butter and protein powder - role into balls then rolled in a bit more coconut. Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours - eat at will.

Avocados with salt also stop my cravings too.

Lemon and ginger water (4ltrs water, I grated ginger root (40 - 50g) 4 squeezed lemons (with the pulp) and 5 - 10 drops of stevia... shake it up and leave in the fridge overnight then drink 1st thing and regularly throughout the day - helps burn fat, reduces bloating and inflammation and helps reduce carb cravings.

Finally at night drink a couple of cups of green tea with a stevia drop in.

Good luck - don’t give up with it. It’s tough but worth it.
    Last edited by AngloF1; 01-16-2019 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Typo

SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleBrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel your pain but for me I can’t pass on the French fries or potatoes with a nice juicy steak

I occasionally lift heavy mstatefan91's Avatar
    mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SwoleBrahhh View Post
    I feel your pain but for me I can’t pass on the French fries or potatoes with a nice juicy steak
    I just replace it with asparagus, salad or Brussel sprouts.. Lots of olive oil, lemon and balsamic vinegar (within carb limits).
    S/B/D: 485/305/500 lbs

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173558951

robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100) robriceandbeans is not very well liked. (-100)
    been keto for a month OP
    It sux yea, but carb refeeds once a week help, I go crazy and drop phats completely. skittles, sour patch, bagels, rice, wake up lean as fuark the next day.
    Living off diet coke and mint 5 gum, kills cravings.
    just know what youre working towards and mind over matter

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AngloF1 View Post
    I have been running 70:25:5 fat/protein/carb diet for over a year now.
    The first month was murder in the gym, I was really lethargic.
    After that felt full of energy and strength.
    I’ve gone from 125kg - 95kg past 9 months.
    At 47 years old - I am feeling more alive than when I was 25.

Bad news is the cravings don’t go away - but do lessen.

To deal with cravings - myprotein choc flavour beef protein powder (almost zero carb) and water. Can drink that anytime you crave sweet.

Avoid milk as the Lactose can knock you out of ketosis (lactose is basically a sugar).

Almond butter layered with mascarpone and frozen like ice cream.

Pure stevia drops help to drop into anything fatty - Clotted Cream is my favourite.

Desiccated coconut Mixed with almond butter and protein powder - role into balls then rolled in a bit more coconut. Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours - eat at will.

Avocados with salt also stop my cravings too.

Lemon and ginger water (4ltrs water, I grated ginger root (40 - 50g) 4 squeezed lemons (with the pulp) and 5 - 10 drops of stevia... shake it up and leave in the fridge overnight then drink 1st thing and regularly throughout the day - helps burn fat, reduces bloating and inflammation and helps reduce carb cravings.

Finally at night drink a couple of cups of green tea with a stevia drop in.

Good luck - don’t give up with it. It’s tough but worth it.
    These are some very good suggestions. I've been on Keto for 3 weeks, and down 7.5 lbs. only planning to run it for 8 weeks or 20 lbs, whichever comes first. Macros are 8/30/62 in support of muscle mass retention. I'm doing it more in support of my wife's diet than anything else, but I'm amazed at how quickly it's leaning me out. I do have some extra morning brain fog in the morning, and I've hit a hard wall on some compound lifts, but I'm doing pretty well, and I'm never, ever hungry. The only things I miss are potatoes, and the ability to have a sandwich a couple times per week.

georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When i get cravings on keto i eat some fruit, preferably lower in carbs like blueberies, maybe carrots. I also eat yougurt with some cinamon or cocoa powder, stevia to make IT seem like i am eating Something sweet. Make a banana icecream, just from frozen banana, search recipe online

DanPerry13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 scoop Keto bomb creamer (vanilla)
    1 Avacado
    2 round table spoons of cold pressed coconut oil. ( not the liquidized type )
    - stir - until a paste... Consume as a pudding or freeze in the freezer for 20 minutes and stir it every 5.

Tastes like pistachio ice cream.

DanPerry13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Paulie_G View Post
    These are some very good suggestions. I've been on Keto for 3 weeks, and down 7.5 lbs. only planning to run it for 8 weeks or 20 lbs, whichever comes first. Macros are 8/30/62 in support of muscle mass retention. I'm doing it more in support of my wife's diet than anything else, but I'm amazed at how quickly it's leaning me out. I do have some extra morning brain fog in the morning, and I've hit a hard wall on some compound lifts, but I'm doing pretty well, and I'm never, ever hungry. The only things I miss are potatoes, and the ability to have a sandwich a couple times per week.
    Yea the brain fog is horrendous, I think it has to do with the fasting at night.
    - I find mct or coconut oil in my coffee evens me out really fast. It's odd though, other than the quick coffee /w fat in the morning I usually don't eat again until night time.

dino1489 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What I would do for myself is have No carbs at all until cravings go away.

CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CarlosCampos95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Kinda late but look up Keto Connect on youtube. Tons of baking recipes that are easy to make with minimal ingredients. You could pick up all you need at your local whole foods.