skad8erateher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-workout Supplement for Novice?

Hello,
    At one point I was trying to gain muscle mass, I was taking NO X-plode and saw results. At the time I was unemployed so I could hangout at the gym for hours and use the full "pump". Unfortunately an old wrist injury came back and I was diagnosed with TFCC (probably from lifting). I stopped lifting for a while and found ways to work around my wrist problem. I no longer want to max out, but am trying to get toned. I now have a busy schedule so I cut my workout time to about 90 minutes. I started P90X with NO X-plode and finished my workout feeling anxious. I'd get light headed or have shortness of breath in the shower or I'd be pumped going into work or before bed. It seems as though the "focus" & "pump" disrupt my social behavior & anxiety. I also tried caffeine free Pump Fuel. There was no side effects but it had little effect and almost no pump. Is there any pre-workout supplement I can take that lasts no more than 2 hours? Do I need to decide between "focus & pump" or anxiety? Should I play with the dosage? Is it even worth it for me to take a pre-workout supplement or is 2 hours an unnecessary amount of time to worry about the extra energy?

Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steven110 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by skad8erateher View Post
    Hello,
    At one point I was trying to gain muscle mass, I was taking NO X-plode and saw results. At the time I was unemployed so I could hangout at the gym for hours and use the full "pump". Unfortunately an old wrist injury came back and I was diagnosed with TFCC (probably from lifting). I stopped lifting for a while and found ways to work around my wrist problem. I no longer want to max out, but am trying to get toned. I now have a busy schedule so I cut my workout time to about 90 minutes. I started P90X with NO X-plode and finished my workout feeling anxious. I'd get light headed or have shortness of breath in the shower or I'd be pumped going into work or before bed. It seems as though the "focus" & "pump" disrupt my social behavior & anxiety. I also tried caffeine free Pump Fuel. There was no side effects but it had little effect and almost no pump. Is there any pre-workout supplement I can take that lasts no more than 2 hours? Do I need to decide between "focus & pump" or anxiety? Should I play with the dosage? Is it even worth it for me to take a pre-workout supplement or is 2 hours an unnecessary amount of time to worry about the extra energy?
    You don't need a preworkout as a novice. Especially not every workout, or else you'll start getting dependent on it for your workouts.