Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to raffiki again.
    Haha, that's ok. I'll never be able to catch up to you!
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Same here!!! LOL
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Pwnage embedded

But how much does he front squat, deadlift and overhead press? He is a former powerlifter, of course he will be strong IN A FREAKING PARALLEL SQUAT! But he might suck at those 3 movements I listed in the beginning. The money exercises and movements. He should post a solid 200 kg front squat, no shakes but rigid fast lifting, 270-280 deadlift and 130-135 overhead press. Those would have some relevance to weightlifting.

Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    Why are my abs never sore after Front Squatting?? And Back squat have nothing in common?? Really??
    Why are your abs never sore? Maybe you lift like a girl. Any more questions?

Any vids of your lifts?
    I only lift the broomstick, and have made great progress with it. Last year started with 500 reps a day, and now do 3000 reps a day and feel much faster and explosive. Maybe when I get to 5000 I can incorporate the women's barbell into my routine.

Registered User camerontraining's Avatar
    camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) camerontraining is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
    By the way, front squat and back squat have nothing in common.
    Except that they are squats. . .

I put 90lbs on my back squat in the last 6 months, while doing zero front squating. Then yesterday I hit a 65lb Front squat PR.

Never a miscommunication.
    Can't explain that.

Tide comes in, tide comes out.

Can't explain that.

Originally Posted by camerontraining View Post
    Except that they are squats. . .

I put 90lbs on my back squat in the last 6 months, while doing zero front squating. Then yesterday I hit a 65lb Front squat PR.

Never a miscommunication.
    Can't explain that.

Tide comes in, tide comes out.

Can't explain that.
    Good job. Now if you didn't drain your energy with nonsense you would be a better lifter, and better front squatter.

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
    Why are your abs never sore? Maybe you lift like a girl. Any more questions?
    He is a lovable troll though. Like our own personal clown.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks like that guy (caleb williams) front squatted 210 kg though
    on youtube : watch?v=TO5yPnvAtso&feature=related
    i cant post links sorry

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by snowht View Post
    looks like that guy front squatted 210 kg though
    on youtube : watch?v=TO5yPnvAtso&feature=related
    i cant post links sorry
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

Kurt Angles' no1 Fan DarkByDesign's Avatar
    DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkByDesign will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    caleb is strong, but thats hardly what i meant by 250-260 backsquat, those were legit squats by caleb, but not really done in olympic fashion? (i could be wrong)

*edit: also i dont get why its 'pwned', im not flaming US oly lifters, just discussing. we actually do ok considering how americans only know about bodybuilding and powerlifting.

mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If Caleb Williams does not win anything in weightlifting then lets remember this is because he is former powerlifter and there is no carryover to weightlifting whatsoever. If it is necessary to demonstrate how well US weightlifters squat then lets forget that he is former powerlifter.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130442723

Originally Posted by DarkByDesign View Post
    caleb is strong, but thats hardly what i meant by 250-260 backsquat, those were legit squats by caleb, but not really done in olympic fashion? (i could be wrong)

*edit: also i dont get why its 'pwned', im not flaming US oly lifters, just discussing. we actually do ok considering how americans only know about bodybuilding and powerlifting.
    Bear in mind that is an old video. I have no doubt he could the same weight and reps with a little more depth. Besides not all weightlifters hit a true rock bottom in their squats. Dimas and Aranda come to mind.

Matt Bruce is another example. As a 77 he was repping 250. I don't know what he is doing now as an 85. I have nothing against the goal of big squats. It is required for weightlifting. It's just the narrow minded view of people without much of a clue that don't understand that there are many pieces to the puzzle that bother me.

All that to say, no the article DOES NOT have a point. Sure squat strength is generally what keeps intermediate lifters from making the National level, but it isn't the reason we haven't won medals at Worlds/Olympics.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by raffiki View Post
    Sure squat strength is generally what keeps intermediate lifters from making the National level, but it isn't the reason we haven't won medals at Worlds/Olympics.
    I agree with this somewhat. I agree that squatting strength is what keeps local level lifters (and maybe even some master lifters - ME) from making it to the National level, however there are some (not all by any means) National level lifters that don't squat nearly enought to crack the top levels at the Worlds/Olympics. However, I also think that technique (or should I say technique at HEAVY weights) is what is keeping us from medalling. Just MHO, of course.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133