GaugeB32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Type 1 diabetes and blood sugar when working out

Hey, I have type 1 diabetes, have had them for 3 years now and i was wondering what other type 1 diabetics do to keep their sugars up when working out. Today i ate a serving and a half of shredded wheat, 60g of carbs roughly, and did not do any insulin, my blood sugar went up to 300, but after just 30 min of lifting i was down to 100 and I had to stop. I know letting my blood sugar go up so high is bad but if I don't let it rise then it becomes damn near impossible to lift. Also when doing hard cardio, running, it drops from 300ish down to 100ish after only 10 minutes.

So my question is this, what do you guys do to keep your sugars up? Personally i have to slam cups of sugar water, 4 oz of water and 4-8 tablespoons of sugar every half hour or so, it's bad and gets to be counter productive, so any suggestions?

Also i only do 8 units of lantus before bed, and no novolog with my meal before exercise.
    The only true failure in life is not learning from your mistakes.

tbrancel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would eat some complex carbs a bit before your workouts. They take longer to digest and worked for me. You could also drink gatorade while working out. I understand that it gets freakin annoying, my bs is never the same even if I have the exact same schedule. I would talk to your endocrinologist, maybe hes got an idea.