Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Official: Game of Thrones thread

Alright Brahs HBO is coming out with the first part of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series which is called "A Game of Thrones" April 17th 2011.

Just want to give you guys a heads up if you want to read the first book before the show premieres. The series is one of, if not the best series I have ever read, yes its fantasy but its not the fireball, fireball, fireball type.

Here is the HBO site http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

Here is George R.R. Martin's (the author) website http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

Here is some video footage/documentary

Here is what the first book cover looks like if you are curious to pick it up

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Enjoy....Winter is coming...
    Any posts made are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't wait for this, I actually started reading the books because of the recommendation of a miscer. Oh and just so you know brah, they are calling the series "Game of Thrones" no idea why they are taking the "a" out but they are

shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cannot wait.
    My transformation: 7 months :)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128540661

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrspeed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "I recommend this book in all book threads, as it completely changed my mind on the fantasy genre:
    Its fantasy, similar setting as LOTR (knights, kings etc) But its phucking brutal. There's rape, double crossing, lords trading their daughters for land/wealth. Massive character development, and as the book progresses the politics and the lengths some characters will go to to secure their place on the throne grips you like no other book i have read.
    Not only that, it is pretty long...around 800 pages of fantasy goodness!
    Stil not sold? It's only part of a motherphucking series...Thats right there are 3 more long ass pieces of pure enjoyment out already! With a fifth book set to be released this year.
    Haven't bought it yet? HBO are currently filming a series based on the first book so you better read it before it becomes The best show ever so you can tell all your friends how phuking awesome it is going to be, before it starts, and look alpha as phuck!!!!!!

Oh and there are no ******* hobbits or elves!

A game of thrones by George. R.R. Martin
    Part of the Song of Ice and fire series.

Alpha as Phuck cuzz!"

Thats the review that made me go out and buy the book

Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I need this in my life! Spartacus just came out and this coming out, finally something decent on TV. These are my favourite books, and Sean Bean is a good actor, I can't see it failing to deliver.

Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bruv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    looks pretty good. i'll def. be watching

Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take it from a guy with 8k reps...this is by far the most enjoyable book I have ever read. Period.

This is the only book I can carry around and have people stop me on the street to tell me how great the book is. It's really mind blowing how amazing the characters are. This book is so alpha you will grow a beard after reading it.

Oh and the author is a troll! He writes the best series ever known to man...than keeps telling fans to wait for years and years for the last book...every year he is like oh I'm almost done, then he got mad telling fans it's unfair for fans to expect him to spend all his time on this one series haha. Maximum trolling! It's like god sAying here's the first half of the bible I'll be bak in 2000 years...oh wait...

Jaime lannister is the most bad ass guy ever
    Ned stark is a classy white knight
    Tyrion trolls hard
    Everything else too complex to explain
    Oh yeah and tywin lannister ****s gold

Oh and there ARE zombies in the series
    And rapes
    And incest
    Any posts made are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice

Forget that Spartacus trash. Don't compare filet mignon to taco bell.

You guys NEED to start reading. Don't make the mistake of watching the show then reading. Read the book first then watch the show.

I'm serious. If you buy the bool and can prove you read it and didn't like it I will paypal you the cost. If you buy it and like it rep me

mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anyone who likes reading will love this book.

I picked it up a week ago and am 430 pages in, it's very rare I read this fast. The characters are incredibly well developed and rich, but there are also so many of them. To me this is like a cross between Gormenghast and David Gemmel's books, entertaining, deep and very well written.

Definately not watching the tv show anytime soon though, I'd rather not risk breaking the magic of the novels.

Originally Posted by mainguy View Post
    Anyone who likes reading will love this book.

I picked it up a week ago and am 430 pages in, it's very rare I read this fast. The characters are incredibly well developed and rich, but there are also so many of them. To me this is like a cross between Gormenghast and David Gemmel's books, entertaining, deep and very well written.

Definately not watching the tv show anytime soon though, I'd rather not risk breaking the magic of the novels.
    I think this season just covers the first book so you should be fine. The next three books are great but not as good as the first anyway. That book is serious gold on a page

Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kolyat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fit1NYC View Post
    Tyrion trolls hard
    Haha this, I always imagine him with a trollface when I read the book.

botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Definitely pumped for this. I'm not sure Martin can finish the series at this point though. It took him what 6-7 years to finish Dance with Dragons? Still really looking forward to the release though.

SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm looking forward to this! Should I read the books first though?

bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bzman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also have read the series and it is amazing. SOOO pumped for the TV show to start
    **ALPHA CREW**

Originally Posted by SitchNoHomo View Post
    Yes!
    Always read the books before seeing a movie bro
    There is no way tue show will top the book so get reading now

botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) botch6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SitchNoHomo View Post
    I'd say read it first if you can finish around 700 pages before April 17th. I think A Game of Thrones may be the shortest read in the series.

EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Reading Feast for Crows right now and deliberately reading it as slow as I can.
    Omar comin'

mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mainguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fit1NYC View Post
    I think this season just covers the first book so you should be fine. The next three books are great but not as good as the first anyway. That book is serious gold on a page
    I'm assuming the other books contain some of the same characters/locations. I always feel that after watching the movie or show you can't get the faces of the actors out of your head, which kinda wrecks the whole imagination of the writer imo. This happened to me with lotr at a young age and kinda killed the books.

Show looks awesome anyhow.

Originally Posted by mainguy View Post
    I'm assuming the other books contain some of the same characters/locations. I always feel that after watching the movie or show you can't get the faces of the actors out of your head, which kinda wrecks the whole imagination of the writer imo. This happened to me with lotr at a young age and kinda killed the books.

Show looks awesome anyhow.
    They all have the same characters. The first three books follow one story line. The fourth which is written an the fifth are like going on at the same time in different places. But it's all the same kingdom. There are seven kingdoms and each ruling family basically tries to screw the others.

Can't wait to see arya stark chasing cats
    Can't wait to see samwell tarly become Sam the slayer
    Can't wait to see when catelyn first starts to like the wolf pups, that scene was epic
    **** I can't take it

It premiers on my bday

Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maybeoneday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jrspeed View Post
    "I recommend this book in all book threads, as it completely changed my mind on the fantasy genre:
    Its fantasy, similar setting as LOTR (knights, kings etc) But its phucking brutal. There's rape, double crossing, lords trading their daughters for land/wealth. Massive character development, and as the book progresses the politics and the lengths some characters will go to to secure their place on the throne grips you like no other book i have read.
    Not only that, it is pretty long...around 800 pages of fantasy goodness!
    Stil not sold? It's only part of a motherphucking series...Thats right there are 3 more long ass pieces of pure enjoyment out already! With a fifth book set to be released this year.
    Haven't bought it yet? HBO are currently filming a series based on the first book so you better read it before it becomes The best show ever so you can tell all your friends how phuking awesome it is going to be, before it starts, and look alpha as phuck!!!!!!

Oh and there are no ******* hobbits or elves!

A game of thrones by George. R.R. Martin
    Part of the Song of Ice and fire series.

Alpha as Phuck cuzz!"

Thats the review that made me go out and buy the book
    Thats my review brah. UMirin?
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARPOOP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Halfway through the first book now...it's fawkin joocey, can't wait for the series to start.

Next Sunday they're showing the first 15 minutes of the first episode at 9PM on HBO.

Originally Posted by BEARPOOP View Post
    Halfway through the first book now...it's fawkin joocey, can't wait for the series to start.

Next Sunday they're showing the first 15 minutes of the first episode at 9PM on HBO.
    Did stuff get real for te Starks yet?
    Sansa stark makes a bad decision then all hell breaks loose
    How awesome is arya stark?
    How bad ass are those wolves?

Don't just stare, eat it. Mangos's Avatar
    Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131699063

couple of these threads already

but the series is one of the best.

Don't just stare, eat it. Mangos's Avatar
    Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000) Mangos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    edit: lmao ***got you literally just coppied and pasted his thread you tool.

Originally Posted by Mangos View Post
    edit: lmao ***got you literally just coppied and pasted his thread you tool.
    That's what he gets for posting in my thread
    Come at me bro

Just ordered it at my book store...omg will be epic

Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_kid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed to remined me to pick up this series
    AYY LMAO

Originally Posted by Greek_kid View Post
    subbed to remined me to pick up this series
    Let me know what u think