Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    sytico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a really great thread. You've basically covered eveything.

Thanks

abeniaL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I find the thread very interesting.

bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bleespoorpa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like it..Impressed with the useful info!

tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thank You

This was a great read!

CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks bro...this is really awesome thread. Want to practice this cheers

ZackVaughan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Testosterone

Okay so I haven't been able to find a single person to help me out on this subject. So I ahve recently learned about how when doing heavy squats your body releases more testosterone than it usually does and this can help increase growth and strength all over the body. So my question is, how do I take advantage of this? Do I Train my other muscles before and then do squats and legs when my other muscles are sore and being repaired? Or do I squat first so that the testosterone is in my blood before I train my other muscles? For example, train chest Monday, back Tuesday, and then Wednesday do my squats. Any info would be great. Thanks guys. Oh and PS, I have no idea how to post stuff on this site, that's why I put it as a reply instead of a new thread. Not the list bit of a clue how to do that. It says I'm not allowed or something. Anyway thanks a lot guys.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ZackVaughan View Post
    Okay so I haven't been able to find a single person to help me out on this subject. So I ahve recently learned about how when doing heavy squats your body releases more testosterone than it usually does and this can help increase growth and strength all over the body. So my question is, how do I take advantage of this? Do I Train my other muscles before and then do squats and legs when my other muscles are sore and being repaired? Or do I squat first so that the testosterone is in my blood before I train my other muscles? For example, train chest Monday, back Tuesday, and then Wednesday do my squats. Any info would be great. Thanks guys.
    Don't even worry about it. Chasing the "testosterone spike" is no way to work out.

I would suggest doing your squats early in your workout, simply because you have more energy at that point. But beyond that, you should focus on progressing your weight and/or reps from week to week. Steady progression & muscular adaptation plus good nutrition & recovery give you gains.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Worrying about the hormone/testosterone releases is pointless. You'll be better off choosing exercises to target musculature, as opposed to trying to effect your hormones.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Really enjoyed the vvideos great post
    Loves deadlifting so much want to become coroner

BrazenApparel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there a better way to do this and avoid injury?

musmuskeL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this safe for all?including pregnant women?I want to recommend this to my friend who's almost 4mos pregy. So is it safe?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by musmuskeL View Post
    Is this safe for all?including pregnant women?I want to recommend this to my friend who's almost 4mos pregy. So is it safe?
    Always check with your doctor first.

Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recently adjusted my squat technique to do it with proper form...total weight dropped significantly. Was a serious uppercut to my ego.
    "REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM."

☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

aukatrau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lots of good information here, thanks!

carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) carnage1985 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This has helped me alot thanks very much.

My weakness is squats and I'm not gonna hide away from them anymore.

Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000) Apothecurious is just really nice. (+1000)
    Absolutely amazing overview of proper squat form!
    Alterum Alterius Auxilio Eget
    "Each Needs the Help of the Other"

WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) WitnessDiss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this is what ive been looking for for a while now. thanks for the help!!
    The Hoss Boss

trolololxd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trolololxd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trolololxd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trolololxd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trolololxd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trolololxd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trolololxd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trolololxd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah awesome

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just noticed the so you think you can squat video was added. I watched this video series yesterday and had a chance to put it in practice today. Managed a 20lb PR with plenty left in the tank to make it another 20lb in a week or two. And felt a lot more solid and there barely was any*sloppiness*in my form, just pure tightness.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have been trying to found out what is the type of squat called when you squat but you cross the bar on your chest instead of over your shoulders.i have looked online but i still haven't found out what it is called.i have seen alot of bodybuilders do it mostly Ronnie Coleman.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Full_Power24 View Post
    i have been trying to found out what is the type of squat called when you squat but you cross the bar on your chest instead of over your shoulders.i have looked online but i still haven't found out what it is called.i have seen alot of bodybuilders do it mostly Ronnie Coleman.
    Front Squats
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Front Squats
    o ok,thank you so much! i thought there may have been like a special name for it or something.i want to try them,but i want to learn how to do them properly first.

darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

This thread sucks and you clearly know nothing about squatting, Vox.

If you want to see someone who really knows what he's talking about, check out this thread instead.
    ***Anyone With "Crew" in Their Signature Sucks Balls Crew***

aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went to the gym today and recorded myself. I'm just starting out and would appreciate if you could critique my squat form.

Registered User OnlineTrainer11's Avatar
    OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100) OnlineTrainer11 is not very well liked. (-100)
    For access to exercise library with videos and tips visit us at bodyFIT Worldwide

APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) APGeofrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow!!! I am amazed by the detail contain in this posts. It seems as if you have covered almost if not all there is to know about back squat. Thanks a lot for information. I think I just found exactly the back squat guide I was looking for.

SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SofyWilliams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Sofy

Track your Fitness & Nutrition on Fitmingle

Sofy Williams

fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fplinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

I've 2 questions about my body & doing the squat:

I have 2 things in my body that could complicate my squat, and I'd like to know what to do.

1) My lower back is rounded outward, so it seems I have my butt tight or whatever, and I'm afraid that could cause an injury.
    2) my feet are pointed outward from my knees, eg. if I put my feet parallel, my knees are inward and if I bent them they'll touch, and if I put my knees parallel, my feet point like 45° outwards.

What can I do to mantain a good squat posture?

Thanks a lot!
    Giving it all under directions of the all mighty All Pro!

07/2011 - 11/2011: All Pro's Simple Beginner's Routine
    11/2011 - 03/2012: Starting Strength, Standard programming + 3 sets of chinunps on B day
    03/2012 - Present: Bill Starr 5x5 with little pimping (sorry Mr. Starr!)

Federico Plinski - Professional Drummer
    www.********.com/fedeplinski

masZUL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masZUL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masZUL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masZUL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masZUL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masZUL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masZUL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    good info here... might not be a bad idea to add box squat info to the depth portion, it's a great way to ensure you are hitting the correct depth.
    RevoltWorkout.com - Customizable home workout DVD.

TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina
    Squatting Details
    Thank you! Well written and thorough. Have delivered invisible reps.