Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wills0n is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very informative. thank you.

cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Top edge info, seen many videos on youtube but this kind of elaboration never got. Thanks for the stretched back squats post.

jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmyw26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    6 years later and this thread is still gold

Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm trying the low bar back squat today! Can't wait!

dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dashdash89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This might be a useful addition to this stickie: http://www.mysquatmechanics.com/

"allows you to enter your own body's dimensions and identify areas such as your bodies squating angles, potential form issues and where your sticking position is located"

autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) autumngirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    [b][size=3]

The Lower Back: As I mentioned above, it's critical to maintain an inward (or at least flat) curvature to your lower back. Do not allow it to round outward. If this happens, you need to drop the weight and work on your form until your lower back is strong enough to maintain that arch throughout the entire squat. Ego lifting and ignoring this point is asking for some big trouble.

Squat Depth: A "proper" squat depth is to descend until your hip joint is at or below the top of your knee (a "parallel" squat). If your flexibility allows, you can squat deeper, until your hamstrings bottom out on your calves (an "ATG" squat). Anything at or below parallel is fine, though you should note that squatting below what your flexibility allows will cause your butt to "tuck" under and round your lower back. The better part of valor here is to stop your depth at the point just before "butt tuck" occurs and work on your flexibility first if you want to squat deeper.
    The "Squat Rx" series of videos (the first one is below) are good reference material, as are the "So You Think You Can Squat" ones (also below). If all that doesn't help you, then take a video of your form and create a thread asking for tips or advice.
    This is what I wanted to know and thank for the video Squat RX.

I sometimes like a full or deep squat (body weight only) but I use a stability ball against a wall to maintain a good form (push my chest forward, maintain a flat or inward spine position) and increase my flexibility. Is this exercise good for someone, who look for strength progression in squat (when I squat with weights, I only go parallel, cannot go below that)?

maxbanks is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

I'm trying to reduce butt wink at the moment (dropped the weight significantly and working on the form) - could you PLEASE comment on the technique and the extent of my butt winking (here's the video: https: //youtu. be/qrCYzz34a14 )
    Thanks in advance!

EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'v been following this thread for awhile now. Trying to get my squat up. Could anyone take a look at these videos and give me any tips.

~ ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE ~

Journey to 405+ bench and beyond! - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176215051
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmJ5mQ0uD8&t=1s

^^ Completed 1/5/22

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EthanHun View Post
    I'v been following this thread for awhile now. Trying to get my squat up. Could anyone take a look at these videos and give me any tips.

Keep squatting

AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks for all the info!

unfortunatly i currently don't have access to a full squat rack, just a smith machine.. i've read this machine is bad in many ways (gains, body etc.), but i can use it for free.. is it worthy to pay a gym in order th use a real squat rack? I have access to all the other equipments.
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

Current fat loss log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176694811

Ricegravy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can't post video because I'm new here.

I'm new to the gym and I have been having terrible lower back pain for days after doing squats. I believe my hips are tilting forward curving my lower back. When doing squats the weight on my shoulders isn't heavy, and my legs do not get sore. I feel like all of the weight is on my lower back. I am a passenger on a Bullet Train on my way to Snap City. What can I do to fix this problem? Is it bad form? Is it overall bad posture?

I have a video I would like to share of me squatting.

Ricegravy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I put a link to the YouTube video in the comments section on my profile. Maybe that will work?

SilvanaWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This seems like a good place to ask this question. I like the Pendlay Do Wins before the redign for sqatting. But I can't find any, does anyone know which shoes are comprable?

surprisefart is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    My dear Vox, this is one hell of a riveting thread you've made. I wish you'd done this like 3 years ago.
    Agreed. Thumbs up

Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    how to properly perform squats to have rounded buttocks?