dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I compete in the Men's Physique division?

The NPC Jax Physique competition is this coming sat morning (March 26th). I just found out about it 3 days ago. I've had no prep time and I'm currently sick with a cold and have had it for 3 days. I'm 6'1" and 198 lbs. I'm at about 7% bf and don't think it's going to change between now and sat.

It seems like a sign I should just let this pass by, but the question is: Should I compete or stfo? I'm not about embarassing myself by being the most out of shape guy on stage, but I'm not a pussy either.

Thanks

ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldnt, I would first work on poses and probably take pictures of your poses and post them in the forums so that people could critique it and you shouldnt do it when your sick or right after you recover because i think someone would want to feel their best for the competition to do their best
    ~Milk is for babies.....Beer is for men.

Our Arnold, whose arms are heavy,
    Vascular be thy veins
    Nine sets of lunges,ten reps be done,
    To add girth as it is to strengthen.
    Give us this day our daily protein,and forgive us our fats,
    As we forgive those who eat fat too.
    And lead us not into overtraining,nor deliver us pizzas,
    For thou art the king of the dumbell,the power clean,and the steroids forever,
    Amen.

~Tears will get you sympathy, sweat will get you results.

dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dlemaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your currently sick and have not had any time to prepare, I think you should pass on this one and pick a show at a later date. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    TEAM NORTON

970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree that if you haven't prepared, you wouldn't be doing right by yourself. Choose a show and give it your all; that way you are a winner no matter what you place! Best wishes!

lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do the physique guys pose? Don't they just walk out on stage in board shorts and do a model runway type thing? I'm going to a show this weekend to take notes because I registered to do a physique comp. on April 16th. The rules and regulations say they do quarter turns, but I couldn't imagine it being like bodybuilding seeing how they mark down muscularity. Any input?

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lowcut82 View Post
    How do the physique guys pose? Don't they just walk out on stage in board shorts and do a model runway type thing? I'm going to a show this weekend to take notes because I registered to do a physique comp. on April 16th. The rules and regulations say they do quarter turns, but I couldn't imagine it being like bodybuilding seeing how they mark down muscularity. Any input?
    It's not posed 1/4 turns, just relaxed like NPC Bikini. Some shows have done front and back only (1/2 turns).

Here are some pics:

NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkb810 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    It's not posed 1/4 turns, just relaxed like NPC Bikini. Some shows have done front and back only (1/2 turns).

Here are some pics:

I didn't enter the physique competition. I'm a lil pissed about missing it, but now it's my motivation. 2012 men's physique category is mine!

Thanks for the advice.

NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000) NJP_MAN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you have any pics you should throw them up. I would like to see what you would have looked like. Just curious.
    NJP_MAN
    ++Positive Crew++

✈ ✈ ✈ A mile of road will take you a mile, A mile of runway will take you anywhere.✈ ✈ ✈

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dkb810 View Post
    I didn't enter the physique competition. I'm a lil pissed about missing it, but now it's my motivation. 2012 men's physique category is mine!

Thanks for the advice.
    Why 2012? The season is just starting.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So basically these guys look like bodybuilders who are about 2/3's of the way to contest condition and wearing board shorts?

Is that about right?
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    So basically these guys look like bodybuilders who are about 2/3's of the way to contest condition and wearing board shorts?

Is that about right?
    Yes, I get enraged when these guys are compared to bikini girls.
    They have amazing physiques, work hard and remind me of old school pre-steroid bodybuilders.

Is that about right?
    Not quite. You'll see the guys that turn Pro in MP would not have earned Pro cards in BB even if they were shredded and grainy; there's a size difference. In MP, you can do well at the national level at 6'+ and around 190-200 lbs. In order to be a successful tall guy in Nat'l BB, you have to step on stage at the top of the SHWs in the 250 range.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Yes, I get enraged when these guys are compared to bikini girls.
    They have amazing physiques, work hard and remind me of old school pre-steroid bodybuilders.
    Good point. Steroids have been around a while though... I think the only guys that were pre-AAS were guys like Steve Reeves and his generation. Just a different sport in those days. I agree though. Those guys looked great. Some say guys like Reeves, Zane etc. wouldn't be competitive today. Give those guys the benefit of updated technology in training and supplementation and they would have lit it up!

Not quite. You'll see the guys that turn Pro in MP would not have earned Pro cards in BB even if they were shredded and grainy; there's a size difference. In MP, you can do well at the national level at 6'+ and around 190-200 lbs. In order to be a successful tall guy in Nat'l BB, you have to step on stage at the top of the SHWs in the 250 range.
    Good point. That's going to be what holds me back too and one reason I was seriously considering MP even though everyone I told busted my chops! I'm figuring I'm going to be in the ballpark of 185# at 5'11'' stage shape for bb....Even at a local show like the New Hampshire, that's probably not going to impress anyone.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good point. Steroids have been around a while though... I think the only guys that were pre-AAS were guys like Steve Reeves and his generation. Just a different sport in those days. I agree though. Those guys looked great. Some say guys like Reeves, Zane etc. wouldn't be competitive today. Give those guys the benefit of updated technology in training and supplementation and they would have lit it up!
    Zane wasn't natural, his nickname was the Chemist was a reason I am not anti-drugs BTW, I just said that their build reminds me of the guys like Reeves, Grimeck, Paris etc.

I think that physique division is great for the dudes who have some mass but don't want to diet down to striated glutes. The only thing is I would do - replace these board shorts with something shorter - the whole thighs are covered up.
    Why don't you try it, Steve? I think you could do great.
    Last edited by juliacheh; 04-27-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Zane wasn't natural, his nickname was the Chemist was a reason I am not anti-drugs BTW, I just said that their build reminds me of the guys like Reeves, Grimeck, Paris etc.

I think that physique division is great for the dudes who have some mass but don't want to diet down to striated glutes. The only thing is I would do - replace these board shorts with something shorter - the whole thighs are covered up.
    Why don't you try it, Steve? I think you could do great.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Maybe I will!

I agree about the shorts. It really hides allot. Guys can get away with murder hiding the majority of their lower bodies! All they would have to do is raise those shorts about half way up and you would separate the men from the boys!

JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is that about right?
    Naw they're marked down for excessive muscularity. Think Men's Health physique or one of those types of magazines. Maybe Muscle & Fitness...
    For online training inquiries or to get your Official DC Training DVD, go to www.jasonwojo.com

True Protein Sponsored Athlete: For 5% off your next True Protein order use the discount code WOJO

byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) byrnes1985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

may 7th my first one

whhhop
    Attached Images

bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have to agree with this ^^^^^

That's why I'm giving this division a shot in July. It's a much better fit for a guy my size. If I tried to increase my weight to 250 I would be sloppy as hell.
    ***Co-Founder DIVERGENT NUTRTION**

"The Worst you can be is like everyone else..."
    ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar

divergentnutrition.com

Originally Posted by NJP_MAN View Post
    If you have any pics you should throw them up. I would like to see what you would have looked like. Just curious.
    NJP_MAN
    That's a good question. Maybe I should get in a competition or two.

If I cut for a competition it will drop my weight down below 200. Is that ok for my heighth?

Is that about right?
    Some of those guys are way too big. It comes down to judges to make the right decision though.
    Attached Images

Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    would u happen to know how many competitions they have a year? say for this 2011 season i know there is a show in my area in georgia in august 20 but i dont think my physique is good enough yet to compete by then
    "Embrace Your Dreams..."

Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100) Twister360 is not very well liked. (-100)
    dkb u should try to look a shredded as possible , ur triceps looks very nice on the pic , the best way to learn from mistakes is going out there and competing, im gunna try to compete in 2012

BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50) BromRector will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The judges for physiqe really make the results unfair. there is no consistency in who wins
    Check out my FB Fan Page at ********.com/bromrector

DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrivenBeaver has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    id say take the time off to compete in 2012

xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xboxing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    why not?

Registered User SymmetryDesired's Avatar
    SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10) SymmetryDesired is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just want to re-visit this 2011 thread regarding Men's Physique. I have recently discovered it and must say, am enamored by it because it creates more opportunity for guys who want to look amazing without the sheer intensity of BB, and my now distaste for posing trunks. I have NOTHING against bodybuilders and posing trunks (I competed in them years ago), but the physique division is inherently a more attractive and attainable division. This is my opinion. MP would not even be around if it weren't for bodybuilding. That is duly noted.