Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 601
  1. #61
    Registered User bpacak's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Age: 33
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    bpacak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bpacak is offline
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    how low are your carbs on low days and how high are they on high days?
    My low carb days are 60%Fat/30%protein/5-10% carb. On Low carb days 50g-70g or less mostly post weights workout in the morning. My high carb days are the opposite of my low carb days: 60%carbs/10% fat/30%Protein. I do a carb refeed every 14 days. I'm following John Berardi's get shredded diet. I feel great on this diet and i'm getting stronger. I'm 6'3 and 255 right know with about 12%BF Natural.

    Should I do carb refeeds every 7 days?
    Should I carb load or fat load contest week?
    what should I consume the day of the show?

    Thank you for any help you can give.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #62
    Registered User deeminatrix's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Marcy, New York, United States
    Age: 38
    Posts: 18
    Rep Power: 0
    deeminatrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    deeminatrix is offline
    I've spent all weekend reading you and Dr. Joe's work..you are both so knowledgeable and amazing.

    Just had my first figure show last weekend and did not like the way I looked at all...wish I had read all this contest week info sooner but was so focused on the training and regular dieting I didn't get that far...started 4 months ago.

    I plan to apply your peak week principles. I'd consider myself an endomorph, 5'2, 120 lbs, 13.5% body fat, but aiming to get my BF to 9 or 10%.

    Being ignorant to the sodium/potassium aspect of diet, I had worked to keep a low sodium diet this whole time so it's now been at 1-1.5 g a day. I also hadn't done anything with potassium, but looking back at my food journal online my potassium is almost double that of my sodium. I know I just read that sodium should be 4x as high as potassium so now I'm at a loss what to do.

    Right now my current diet has me at around 1300 cals a day since I'm trying to lean out further. What do you consider an acceptable amount of sodium/potassium for someone my size competing in figure? You've got contest week depletion starting at 4K mg of sodium..I can't even imagine ingesting that much.

    And as for the meal 2 hrs prior to prejudging, is 75g carbs/20g fat appropriate for figure or is this geared toward bodybuilding? I'm not going for vascularity so should my fat be lower (not that I wouldn't love a free pass on my peanut butter)

    Thanks for all you have taught me this far...makes reaching my competitive goals seem much more attainable when I have the right tools to get there
    REDUCE/FIRM/SMOOTH/DETOX YOUR BODY FOR A FRACTION OF PRICEY SPA TREATMENTS

    Hate being the pesky salesperson, but I swear I love these products and want everyone who wants to look and feel better to know about them and have the opportunity to try them out...

    www.itworks.net/dlolivella

    any questions?? send me a message :)
    Reply With Quote

  3. #63
    Registered User barneystin's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 19
    Rep Power: 0
    barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    barneystin is offline
    Hi Layne, thanks for the awesome information, couple of questions though.


    Im currently 19 years old, im planning on making weight of under 70kg (155lbs), with my weight now being 73kg (160lbs), and about 5foot 9.

    For my last show last year, i depleted Sunday(Legs), Monday(Chest, back), Tuesday(shoulders, arms) on less than 100 carbs and then loaded close to 500 carbs on wednesday and when i woke up on thursday i looked absolutely like S.H.I.T, i had no lines, no veins.

    I followed your advice on md.com and i lowered my carbs back down and did some light circuit training on thursday( the day i looked like ****) and friday. and in the end i managed to tighten up before show day on sat.

    If i were to front load carbs earlier in the week this time, instead of doing it like what i did the last show, with my split for the last 8 days being :

    Sunday: Legs
    Monday: Chest, back
    Tuesday: Shoulders, Arms
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Perhaps some circuit stuff
    Friday: Perhaps some circuit stuff
    Sat: Show day

    So youre saying to front load them when training hard with the carb loading starting on Sunday when i train legs? So basically load them Sunday to Tuesday then tapering down would that be a good idea?

    Ihave attached some pics to give u a rough idea of what i look like.

    - Kay
    Attached Images
    Reply With Quote

  4. #64
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by bpacak View Post
    My low carb days are 60%Fat/30%protein/5-10% carb. On Low carb days 50g-70g or less mostly post weights workout in the morning. My high carb days are the opposite of my low carb days: 60%carbs/10% fat/30%Protein. I do a carb refeed every 14 days. I'm following John Berardi's get shredded diet. I feel great on this diet and i'm getting stronger. I'm 6'3 and 255 right know with about 12%BF Natural.

    Should I do carb refeeds every 7 days?
    Should I carb load or fat load contest week?
    what should I consume the day of the show?

    Thank you for any help you can give.
    %s tell me nothing. what are the gram amounts
    Reply With Quote

  5. #65
    Banned HabibAkbar's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 26
    Posts: 429
    Rep Power: 0
    HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500) HabibAkbar is not very helpful. (-500)
    HabibAkbar is offline
    This is a great thread Layne.

    Subbed.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #66
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by deeminatrix View Post
    I've spent all weekend reading you and Dr. Joe's work..you are both so knowledgeable and amazing.

    Just had my first figure show last weekend and did not like the way I looked at all...wish I had read all this contest week info sooner but was so focused on the training and regular dieting I didn't get that far...started 4 months ago.

    I plan to apply your peak week principles. I'd consider myself an endomorph, 5'2, 120 lbs, 13.5% body fat, but aiming to get my BF to 9 or 10%.

    Being ignorant to the sodium/potassium aspect of diet, I had worked to keep a low sodium diet this whole time so it's now been at 1-1.5 g a day. I also hadn't done anything with potassium, but looking back at my food journal online my potassium is almost double that of my sodium. I know I just read that sodium should be 4x as high as potassium so now I'm at a loss what to do.

    Right now my current diet has me at around 1300 cals a day since I'm trying to lean out further. What do you consider an acceptable amount of sodium/potassium for someone my size competing in figure? You've got contest week depletion starting at 4K mg of sodium..I can't even imagine ingesting that much.

    And as for the meal 2 hrs prior to prejudging, is 75g carbs/20g fat appropriate for figure or is this geared toward bodybuilding? I'm not going for vascularity so should my fat be lower (not that I wouldn't love a free pass on my peanut butter)

    Thanks for all you have taught me this far...makes reaching my competitive goals seem much more attainable when I have the right tools to get there
    well 4g is MY sodium intake, i'm not saying that should be yours. What people don't realize with sodium is for 80-90% of people, if you take in a lot of sodium your body just compensates by excreting more. In fact your body is amazing at either conserving, or eliminating sodium to keep blood sodium levels totally constant. How many weeks out are you?

    as for the 2 hour out meal, I do believe in a slight load for figure but I would tone those numbers way down depending upon the individual and their metabolism
    Reply With Quote

  7. #67
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by barneystin View Post
    Hi Layne, thanks for the awesome information, couple of questions though.


    Im currently 19 years old, im planning on making weight of under 70kg (155lbs), with my weight now being 73kg (160lbs), and about 5foot 9.

    For my last show last year, i depleted Sunday(Legs), Monday(Chest, back), Tuesday(shoulders, arms) on less than 100 carbs and then loaded close to 500 carbs on wednesday and when i woke up on thursday i looked absolutely like S.H.I.T, i had no lines, no veins.

    I followed your advice on md.com and i lowered my carbs back down and did some light circuit training on thursday( the day i looked like ****) and friday. and in the end i managed to tighten up before show day on sat.

    If i were to front load carbs earlier in the week this time, instead of doing it like what i did the last show, with my split for the last 8 days being :

    Sunday: Legs
    Monday: Chest, back
    Tuesday: Shoulders, Arms
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Perhaps some circuit stuff
    Friday: Perhaps some circuit stuff
    Sat: Show day

    So youre saying to front load them when training hard with the carb loading starting on Sunday when i train legs? So basically load them Sunday to Tuesday then tapering down would that be a good idea?

    Ihave attached some pics to give u a rough idea of what i look like.

    - Kay
    how many pro/carb/fat are you currently consuming?
    Reply With Quote

  8. #68
    Registered User barneystin's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 19
    Rep Power: 0
    barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    barneystin is offline
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    how many pro/carb/fat are you currently consuming?
    Roughly 200P/ 180C/ 40-45 F on training days
    maybe protein is a bit more cuz i take like 1 serving (2scoops) of xtend pre and post WO.

    i may be dropping some carbs, perhaps to the low 100s if needed to lose 1kg or 2 lbs per week, monitoring my weight everyday in the morning at the same time before breakfast

    -Kay
    Reply With Quote

  9. #69
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    so you are going to cut your carbs almost in half? why so drastic?
    Reply With Quote

  10. #70
    Registered User anytimebrian88's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Age: 29
    Posts: 10
    Rep Power: 0
    anytimebrian88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anytimebrian88 is offline

    Creatine ??

    Layne i appreciate you doing this peak week series more than you know, there is a lot of info out there but not much is based on science or coming from a natural pro bb with a phd . My question is, from a scientific stand point which is proven better Creatine Monohydrate Creatine Ester?(or phosphate,malate, or citrate)

    Thank you
    Give your all to Jesus!
    Reply With Quote

  11. #71
    Registered User barneystin's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 19
    Rep Power: 0
    barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    barneystin is offline
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    so you are going to cut your carbs almost in half? why so drastic?
    it depends.. that is if i dont drop the weight needed which is about 2 lbs a week. i may drop 40g or so, not really cut in half.

    Any thoughts on the above post about front loading carbs, Sunday(Legs), Monday (chest, back), Tuesday( shoulders, arms) while training?

    -Kay
    Reply With Quote

  12. #72
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    think sunday may be a bit early to start, I typically don't start people til monday unless they are very very ectomorphic
    Reply With Quote

  13. #73
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by anytimebrian88 View Post
    Layne i appreciate you doing this peak week series more than you know, there is a lot of info out there but not much is based on science or coming from a natural pro bb with a phd . My question is, from a scientific stand point which is proven better Creatine Monohydrate Creatine Ester?(or phosphate,malate, or citrate)

    Thank you
    monohydrate is unequivocally the best. All the others are complete marketing hype and have almost zero science to support their use.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #74
    NPC Bodybuilder Sulutuk's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Posts: 1,078
    Rep Power: 863
    Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sulutuk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sulutuk is offline
    Hey Layne! I read your latest article series the other day and just noticed this thread. I am just dropping in to say hello. Looks like I got more reading to do.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #75
    Registered User barneystin's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 19
    Rep Power: 0
    barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    barneystin is offline
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    think sunday may be a bit early to start, I typically don't start people til monday unless they are very very ectomorphic
    So if i were to load on monday or tuesday, would the routine below still be good?:

    Sunday: Legs
    Monday: Chest, back
    Tuesday: Shoulders, Arms
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Perhaps some circuit stuff
    Friday: Perhaps some circuit stuff
    Sat: Show day

    Or do i have to alter my routine to adjust to the front loading of carbs earlier in the week?
    Reply With Quote

  16. #76
    Registered User bpacak's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Age: 33
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    bpacak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bpacak is offline
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    %s tell me nothing. what are the gram amounts
    To answer your gram amount question


    Low Carbs Days are 150gFat/210gProt/60-70g Carbs= 2470 cals
    High Carbs Days 350gCarbs/210gProt/40gFat = 2600 cals

    I do a carb refeed every 14 days. I'm following John Berardi's get shredded diet. I feel great on this diet and i'm getting stronger. I'm 6'3 and 255 right know with about 12%BF Natural.

    Should I do carb refeeds every 7 days?
    Should I carb load or fat load contest week?
    what should I consume the day of the show?
    Reply With Quote

  17. #77
    Registered User deeminatrix's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Marcy, New York, United States
    Age: 38
    Posts: 18
    Rep Power: 0
    deeminatrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    deeminatrix is offline
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    well 4g is MY sodium intake, i'm not saying that should be yours. What people don't realize with sodium is for 80-90% of people, if you take in a lot of sodium your body just compensates by excreting more. In fact your body is amazing at either conserving, or eliminating sodium to keep blood sodium levels totally constant. How many weeks out are you?

    as for the 2 hour out meal, I do believe in a slight load for figure but I would tone those numbers way down depending upon the individual and their metabolism
    My show is on April 9th, so I'm like 11 days out....aaahh...won't get where I want for it I know, but its a small show I'm doing for extra presentation practice and to see how my body responds to your peaking method.

    Do you think 1300 cals is too high/low? I'm getting mixed opinions, but I keep gravitating toward this number. It consists of 6 days at 185 protein/20 fat/70 carbs (give or take a few grams), then I elevate my carbs to 110 on the 7th day (a leg day), keeping the proteins and fat pretty constant with the rest of the week. I'm really carb sensitive so I get nervous taking too many in.

    Thanks again, this forum is invaluable!!!
    REDUCE/FIRM/SMOOTH/DETOX YOUR BODY FOR A FRACTION OF PRICEY SPA TREATMENTS

    Hate being the pesky salesperson, but I swear I love these products and want everyone who wants to look and feel better to know about them and have the opportunity to try them out...

    www.itworks.net/dlolivella

    any questions?? send me a message :)
    Reply With Quote

  18. #78
    Registered User -jdflex-'s Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 33
    Posts: 217
    Rep Power: 121
    -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    -jdflex- is offline
    Layne, This is somewhat off topic but where you doing an intra-workout protein shake with dextrose during your last prep? If so do you keep it in during peek week. If not do you have clients that do this?
    -jdflex-

    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=642859633#post642859633
    Reply With Quote

  19. #79
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by barneystin View Post
    So if i were to load on monday or tuesday, would the routine below still be good?:

    Sunday: Legs
    Monday: Chest, back
    Tuesday: Shoulders, Arms
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Perhaps some circuit stuff
    Friday: Perhaps some circuit stuff
    Sat: Show day

    Or do i have to alter my routine to adjust to the front loading of carbs earlier in the week?
    sure, or you could just move leg day up to monday and move everything up a day and you wouldn't have an offday. Either way
    Reply With Quote

  20. #80
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by bpacak View Post
    To answer your gram amount question


    Low Carbs Days are 150gFat/210gProt/60-70g Carbs= 2470 cals
    High Carbs Days 350gCarbs/210gProt/40gFat = 2600 cals

    I do a carb refeed every 14 days. I'm following John Berardi's get shredded diet. I feel great on this diet and i'm getting stronger. I'm 6'3 and 255 right know with about 12%BF Natural.

    Should I do carb refeeds every 7 days?
    Should I carb load or fat load contest week?
    what should I consume the day of the show?
    first, I don't know your metabolism so I can't give you specific recommendations. I would say that I would do a very moderate carb load (200-250g absolute max on high days) and instead load more protein & fat.
    Reply With Quote

  21. #81
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by deeminatrix View Post
    My show is on April 9th, so I'm like 11 days out....aaahh...won't get where I want for it I know, but its a small show I'm doing for extra presentation practice and to see how my body responds to your peaking method.

    Do you think 1300 cals is too high/low? I'm getting mixed opinions, but I keep gravitating toward this number. It consists of 6 days at 185 protein/20 fat/70 carbs (give or take a few grams), then I elevate my carbs to 110 on the 7th day (a leg day), keeping the proteins and fat pretty constant with the rest of the week. I'm really carb sensitive so I get nervous taking too many in.

    Thanks again, this forum is invaluable!!!
    As i've said to others, I don't know your metabolism, this is something I work with my clients for months to figure out what is optimal for peak week in terms of exact #s. However, I wouldn't say 1300 kcal is too low for you, but it just depends. I know many figure gals go much lower than that (not that I necessarily recommend that past a certain point, but it certainly can be done). I do think your protein is probably a bit high.

    As for being 'carb sensitive' I think that is one of the most OVERused terms by competitors. Have you actually been tested to confirm this or is this just a 'feeling'. I've worked with dozens of people who believed they were 'carb sensitive' but after adding them in properly in a controlled manner over time they found they responded very well to them. Most people go out post show and binge on 5000 kcals and then when they gain a bunch of fat & water from that they conclude they are carb sensitive. Not a valid conclusion
    Reply With Quote

  22. #82
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by -jdflex- View Post
    Layne, This is somewhat off topic but where you doing an intra-workout protein shake with dextrose during your last prep? If so do you keep it in during peek week. If not do you have clients that do this?
    I no longer do an in-workout shake, I think proper pre/post workout nutrition eliminates the need for it unless you are 1) very ectomorphic 2) workout very early in the morning and can't get down enough food preworkout or 3) prone to hypoglycemia.

    -Layne
    Reply With Quote

  23. #83
    Registered User bmess's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Nebraska, United States
    Age: 45
    Posts: 14
    Rep Power: 0
    bmess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bmess is offline
    Layne great info, thank you for all the time you put in on this site. Question about meals 8,6,4, etc. hours before prejudging. If prejudging starts at 8:30 am are you eating throughout the night? I know this may be self explanatory but just wanted to make sure. Second question what kind of meal plan do you follow throughout the day and into the finals? thanks for your time.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #84
    Registered User -jdflex-'s Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 33
    Posts: 217
    Rep Power: 121
    -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -jdflex- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    -jdflex- is offline
    More mesophorphic, I do lift early in the morning. My normal routine is too wake up around 530am and have a shake consisting of 42g whey, around 50 carbs coming from cream of wheat. Usually sleep for another hour or so then hit the gym by seven AM.. I usually lift, then hit cardio postworkout. Xtend is consumed during my whole training session. My next meal then is usually 200g sweet potato with either fish or sometimes whey. I try to keep this meal solid if at all possible. Do you think a intra-workout shake would be beneficial too me?
    -jdflex-

    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=642859633#post642859633
    Reply With Quote

  25. #85
    Registered User barneystin's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 19
    Rep Power: 0
    barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) barneystin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    barneystin is offline
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    sure, or you could just move leg day up to monday and move everything up a day and you wouldn't have an offday. Either way
    Cool!! Thanks layne!
    Reply With Quote

  26. #86
    Registered User irngirl's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Age: 48
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    irngirl is offline

    Smile

    Layne,

    Amazing !!! I am still so unsure about so many things regarding my show prep. I'm doing a figure comp on June 11th.

    I'm 5'1.5 125lbs and 17%(caliper) I was told by one trainer that I have 7lbs of fat to lose. That's great but how do I do that in time for June 11th?

    My program:
    ~~Lifting heavy 3xweek/split
    ~~Cardio is 6xweek, 30 min HIIT on lift days and 50 min steady state on non-lift days.
    ~~Eating 6xday clean 1 cheat per week (that will stop @ 6 weeks out)

    I'm un-clear with soduim & water load/ deplete prior to show. Does it work for everyone? I also heard distilled water is what to drink week of show.

    Forgive my green-ness but I'm on my own without a trainer and nutritionist. I've done most of my own research here on BB.com and have been using Kris Gethin's 12 week daily video trainer but that is ending and I'm not sure what to do now.

    AHHHHHHHHHHHH, help!?

    High fives on all of your success!!!~Jen
    "You can quit and no one will care, but you'll ALWAYS know."
    Reply With Quote

  27. #87
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Originally Posted by irngirl View Post
    Layne,

    Amazing !!! I am still so unsure about so many things regarding my show prep. I'm doing a figure comp on June 11th.

    I'm 5'1.5 125lbs and 17%(caliper) I was told by one trainer that I have 7lbs of fat to lose. That's great but how do I do that in time for June 11th?

    My program:
    ~~Lifting heavy 3xweek/split
    ~~Cardio is 6xweek, 30 min HIIT on lift days and 50 min steady state on non-lift days.
    ~~Eating 6xday clean 1 cheat per week (that will stop @ 6 weeks out)

    I'm un-clear with soduim & water load/ deplete prior to show. Does it work for everyone? I also heard distilled water is what to drink week of show.

    Forgive my green-ness but I'm on my own without a trainer and nutritionist. I've done most of my own research here on BB.com and have been using Kris Gethin's 12 week daily video trainer but that is ending and I'm not sure what to do now.

    AHHHHHHHHHHHH, help!?

    High fives on all of your success!!!~Jen
    Jen,
    did you watch all the videos? I covered the sodium/water.

    AS for how to get there, as I said previously I really can't give you specific recommendations because I just don't know your metabolism but I'd check these videos out http://www.bodybuilding.com/insidethelife6.htm http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife7.htm and http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lati...ssin-bonus.htm
    Reply With Quote

  28. #88
    Registered User irngirl's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Age: 48
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irngirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    irngirl is offline
    One of the links came up "Page not found" for me.
    "You can quit and no one will care, but you'll ALWAYS know."
    Reply With Quote

  29. #89
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Florida, United States
    Age: 36
    Posts: 32,943
    Rep Power: 72457
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    str8flexed is offline
    Reply With Quote

  30. #90
    Team 3DMJ BaFtub's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Binghamton, New York, United States
    Age: 28
    Posts: 7,884
    Rep Power: 8174
    BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BaFtub is offline
    Again dude.. you're a gawdamn trooper. I'd be pulling my hair out by now with all these questions when you literally answered everything via the videos.
    www.youtube.com/flexxinator
    www.3dmusclejourney.com
    www.blogtalkradio.com/nattytalk
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. **The OFFICIAL EastBound & Down thread**
    By newdaynewme in forum Misc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
  2. ***Official Track & Field Thread***
    By GLHF in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
  3. Official News & Note Thread
    By cullumania in forum WWE Wrestling Forum
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 03:18 AM
  4. OFFICIAL McCain & Palin Thread~!!
    By BillabongVolcom in forum Religion and Politics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 09:19 AM
  5. Official R&b Thread!!!!!
    By KoloBlaze in forum Misc.
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts