Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    Due to the fact that I work out at home, I don't have heavy weights. Most of my exercises are completed with lighter weight, body weight, or resistance bands. The squats are towards the end of my workout because I'm almost gassing at that point. I like to throw it in there to really send my heart rate over the edge. For me, these circuits aren't really a mass building exercise. I'm utilizing them to burn fat, decrease my resting heart rate and increase my recovery time.
    working out at home is great!! but im blessed with a complete weightroom and heavy weights!! Wifey was alittle upset at first cuz she doesnt have a garage anymore! lol

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ananf72 View Post
    Have you thought about doing box jumps or squat jump type plyo moves? Given your limited weights, that might be good for weight loss and legs?
    I do burpees....which I hate, hate, hate. I've been considering finally going to a track for HIIT.....but I'm trying to think about what I'll do with the kids while I'm there. I wonder if I can take their bikes?

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    working out at home is great!! but im blessed with a complete weightroom and heavy weights!! Wifey was alittle upset at first cuz she doesnt have a garage anymore! lol
    Eventually I'll invest in a home gym. Currently I do not have the room.

Well, I basically took this weekend off from working out. I played golf Saturday and Sunday, which wasn't a workout, but at least I was out in the fresh air all weekend. My schedule with the kiddos is going to be changing around starting this week. It will be nice to spend Tues - Sunday morning with them. I love being able to have a weekend day so we can get out and goof off. It's going to be a nice summer.

I got in a decent resistance band workout last night. I have to say....It really kicked my a$$. My favorite was doing lat pull downs. I do pullups until failure and then negatives, but now I know that I'll add in some lat pulldowns with the bands after my typical workout. I'm also looking into doing pushups with a band across my back in order to add more resistance. I'll try that out tonight and see how it goes. I knocked out some cardio last night as well....15 miles on the recumbent bike in 45 minutes.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I got in a decent resistance band workout last night. I have to say....It really kicked my a$$. My favorite was doing lat pull downs. I do pullups until failure and then negatives, but now I know that I'll add in some lat pulldowns with the bands after my typical workout. I'm also looking into doing pushups with a band across my back in order to add more resistance. I'll try that out tonight and see how it goes. I knocked out some cardio last night as well....15 miles on the recumbent bike in 45 minutes.
    do youhave a medicine ball? if so you could do push ups with 1 hand on the ball and one hand ofn the floor, and as you come up bring the hand that is on the floor into a tee stance on the medicine ball! its killer!! and yo0u coudl also do chest clap pushups, instead of doing a push up and clapping your hand you do a push up and touch your chest.

HA! I'm still building my strength up at this point. I'm not even doing hand clap pushups yet! Wow....that's pretty sad, isn't it. Oh well, everyone's gotta start somewhere. I'll have to pick up a medicine ball though.

I knocked out some cardio last night. I've been eating properly for the most part. Tonight I'll visit my chiropractor and then get in some pullups, abs and another resistance band workout.

And so it begins..... I will be having quite an interesting weekend to say the least. My, how do I put this.......soon to be ex brother in law is having his bachelor party this weekend. He's my very close friend, so clearly I'll be in attendance. It's going to consist of about 15 guys running amuk in a small town off Lake Erie that consists of bars, bars and more bars. As long as I make it home some time Sunday without any missing teeth or facial tattoos I'll be doing pretty well.

It could get ugly.

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    And so it begins..... I will be having quite an interesting weekend to say the least. My, how do I put this.......soon to be ex brother in law is having his bachelor party this weekend. He's my very close friend, so clearly I'll be in attendance. It's going to consist of about 15 guys running amuk in a small town off Lake Erie that consists of bars, bars and more bars. As long as I make it home some time Sunday without any missing teeth or facial tattoos I'll be doing pretty well.

It could get ugly.
    I'm in for the facial tattoo!!! Maybe like... um, I dunno, an octopus around your mouth with the tentacles for a beard and mustache! Would be AWESOME!
    Have fun, be safe.

I'm in for the facial tattoo!!! Maybe like... um, I dunno, an octopus around your mouth with the tentacles for a beard and mustache! Would be AWESOME!
    Have fun, be safe.
    Do you know how great of an idea that will be after consuming way too many adult beverages? I'll have to write myself a note and put it in my pocket so I remember to suggest that to someone named.......Not Me.

Well, I survived this weekend. I had a great time and ended up coming home without any new body art. My attempts to talk my ex brother in law (groom to be) into getting a tramp stamp didn't work. I feel like he was on the cusp but just wouldn't commit. He did accept the lovely hangover that I helped to provide for him.

I didn't workout at all this weekend. Back to the grind!

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, I'm a little disappointed you didn't get something artistic in honor of your evening. If you didn't burn up all your dollar bills on strippers and beer, you could go for das boot.

Well, I'm a little disappointed you didn't get something artistic in honor of your evening. If you didn't burn up all your dollar bills on strippers and beer, you could go for das boot.
    I've strongly considered das boot. Like everything else, I'm considering if it's a good investment since I rarely drink. I'm torn between that and the Marshmallow Bow and Mallow.

I got in a decent cardio workout last night. It's looking like I'll be lifting tonight and working in abs. I hate doing abs and I'm not quite sure why. I just know that if I don't get a move on I'm not going to hit my goal of 20 ab workouts during this 52DC.

I got in a decent cardio workout last night. It's looking like I'll be lifting tonight and working in abs. I hate doing abs and I'm not quite sure why. I just know that if I don't get a move on I'm not going to hit my goal of 20 ab workouts during this 52DC.
    i do 2 ab workouts per week, between 350-450 reps each session! although i hate doing them also!

Yeah brent.....I'm trying to get in at least 3-4 ab workouts/week. Last night I worked it in with my lifting. I did some AWESOME standing crunches with my resistance bands that burnt the crap out of my abs. It was great. I woke up this morning and actually have bruises where the straps crossed over my shoulders....well, more like broken blood vessels....oh well, it was worth it. It's crazy how pumped I feel after using the bands. I increase resistance at the beginning and then do a bunch of burn outs at the end. I'm seeing major improvement in my strength as well in terms of my pushups and pull-ups.

Really? You hate the ab work? Hmmm, I found my bands... might have to try that. Good you're going forward though and staying on track!

Yeah brent.....I'm trying to get in at least 3-4 ab workouts/week. Last night I worked it in with my lifting. I did some AWESOME standing crunches with my resistance bands that burnt the crap out of my abs. It was great. I woke up this morning and actually have bruises where the straps crossed over my shoulders....well, more like broken blood vessels....oh well, it was worth it. It's crazy how pumped I feel after using the bands. I increase resistance at the beginning and then do a bunch of burn outs at the end. I'm seeing major improvement in my strength as well in terms of my pushups and pull-ups.
    peole dont realize it but you can get really good workouts with resistance bands! for 3 months i did alot of resistance band rows, slow and concentrated and also really fast, help build alot of strenght and explosiveness in my back!

The bands definitely kicked my a$$ last night. I wrapped up my workout with a set of pushups just to see how many I could knock out before failure. I only did 15. My arms were shaking on the first one and basically gave out on my attempt at 16. I love that feeling.

Quick update for this weekend....this is my crazy season @ work:
    -Out of town
    -Ate garbage
    -Took the kiddos fishing (they're regular pro anglers)
    -No workouts
    -MAJOR Sunburn (It's never a good idea to fish shirtless on a sunny day) My pale Irish skin is hating my guts.

Quick update for this weekend....this is my crazy season @ work:
    -Out of town
    -Ate garbage
    -Took the kiddos fishing (they're regular pro anglers)
    -No workouts
    -MAJOR Sunburn (It's never a good idea to fish shirtless on a sunny day) My pale Irish skin is hating my guts.
    What's with you and the sunburns? Love the update though... just put it out there and move on

What's with you and the sunburns? Love the update though... just put it out there and move on
    What's with the sunburns...hmm...good question. I'm gonna go with stupidity.

I'm gonna go with stupidity.
    i dont handle the sun to well either....on memorial day i was out by the pool laying out, about an hour on my back and a half hour on my stomach, back wasnt too burnt BUT, my front was scorched!!! guess that was my stupidity also! lol so i can relate!

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    i dont handle the sun to well either....on memorial day i was out by the pool laying out, about an hour on my back and a half hour on my stomach, back wasnt too burnt BUT, my front was scorched!!! guess that was my stupidity also! lol so i can relate!
    I blame Ohio.

I've decided at the end of July I will be purchasing a Torso Bob. I have my heavy bag, but I can't hang it in my apartment. Since I live on the ground level I feel that I'll be able to get back into my heavy bag workouts without disrupting neighbors. After 3 years of working heavy bag rounds at least every other day, a 10 month layoff is starting to get to me. I can't wait!!

What's with the sunburns...hmm...good question. I'm gonna go with stupidity.
    You know, I had a thought... you are single right? If so, proceed to next sentence. ~~~~> (print woman nagging advice)

NOTE TO YAB: EAT YOUR VEGGIES AND WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN!

yw

You know, I had a thought... you are single right? If so, proceed to next sentence. ~~~~> (print woman nagging advice)

NOTE TO YAB: EAT YOUR VEGGIES AND WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN!

yw
    You know....it's funny you say that. I have my kids full time, so I have to be the nagging woman/mother as well (your words, not mine :P). I never forget to put sunscreen on them, but for whatever reason I forget to apply it to myself. I can guarantee one thing, this weekend when we're swimming I will remember to wear sunscreen. Your online nagging will probably work. As for the veggies........

Well, I can say I'm officially back from my travels. I did relatively well and really didn't overindulge a whole lot. Last week, and especially this weekend, was relatively difficult on the workout front. I can say, however, that after 6 hours in the car yesterday I managed to knock out a decent workout when I got home. That makes me feel a little bit better.

Oh yeah....and I ate my veggies.

Well, I can say I'm officially back from my travels. I did relatively well and really didn't overindulge a whole lot. Last week, and especially this weekend, was relatively difficult on the workout front. I can say, however, that after 6 hours in the car yesterday I managed to knock out a decent workout when I got home. That makes me feel a little bit better.

Oh yeah....and I ate my veggies.
    You're doing a good job at staying on track! Glad you had a nice trip and ate your veggies.