Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    must be nice getting to eat fatty cuts of steak! im sure they are full of juices and flavor!!

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^No doubt.

Not much has happened recently. IT cleared a lovely Trojan Horse off my computer that I picked up this weekend. I still have no idea where it came from. I have a decent workout planned for this evening and realized that I have to start doing my food logs again.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everythings going relatively well. I'm still sitting at 209 today, but I had some cheats this weekend, so no big deal. Attached is my food log from yesterday.
    Attached Files

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    Everythings going relatively well. I'm still sitting at 209 today, but I had some cheats this weekend, so no big deal. Attached is my food log from yesterday.
    You forgot your veggies young man (wags pointing finger)...

Originally Posted by ananf72 View Post
    You forgot your veggies young man (wags pointing finger)...
    HA! Funny story....I was sitting at home on Sunday...the kids were at their Mom's...and I thought....."I should really hit the grocery store and grab some greens." That's as close as I got to hitting up the store. I was lazy.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

Well, I will be taking my son to my parent's camp over in PA for the first time. It'll be a weekend of riding quads in the woods and sitting around the fire. During my excursion, once the kiddo has hit the hay, I will possibly be consuming a couple of frosty adult beverages. More than likely some carbohydrates may weazle their way into my diet as well. I'm going to keep it to a minimum, but I can guarantee I'll fall off the keto wagon for a day....and I can't wait.

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, I will be taking my son to my parent's camp over in PA for the first time. It'll be a weekend of riding quads in the woods and sitting around the fire. During my excursion, once the kiddo has hit the hay, I will possibly be consuming a couple of frosty adult beverages. More than likely some carbohydrates may weazle their way into my diet as well. I'm going to keep it to a minimum, but I can guarantee I'll fall off the keto wagon for a day....and I can't wait.
    ain't gonna hurt a thing (unless you have too many frosty ones and slam into a tree with your quad). In that case, carbs can be dangerous. Have fun!!!

ain't gonna hurt a thing (unless you have too many frosty ones and slam into a tree with your quad). In that case, carbs can be dangerous. Have fun!!!
    As much as the law allows....and maybe a little more.

We had a great weekend at camp. I think my son is hooked! Between being allowed to drive the 4 wheelers, climbing on giant rocks, playing in streams, catching salamanders and blazing pop cans with his Red Rider, he already asked when we can go back.

I did a very good job not overdoing cheat meals. I just had toast with breakfast, corned beef hash (my weakness) and get this....I only had four beers ALL weekend. Plus they were Miller Lite which is low carb. I still filled out with water though, so I put on 5 lbs. I'll be back down by the end of the week, no sweat.

I did a little cooking over the fire as well.
    Attached Images

Sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend! Steaks look yummy! Glad you had a good time... thanks for sharing

I had a decent workout last night after work. Once the kids were bathed and ready for bed I was planning on going to sleep early....then Netflix ruined everything..."Lionheart" was in my "New Releases" section. I can't turn down old school Van Damme. :P Didn't get to sleep until 11:30.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how are your results coming?

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    how are your results coming?
    My body is continuing to change slowly but surely. I'm not seeing huge differences in scale weight, but the inches are coming off. I decided that this time around I wasn't going to get into crazy mode....I've learned my lesson. In the past I've lost quite a bit of weight, gotten close to my goal and then just fell off the wagon. This is now a lifestyle change, so I'm not going to get upset with myself if I miss a workout here and there.

Tonight I'm going to knockout a good pullup workout and probably get in some cardio. If the rain holds off I might actually take the kids to the driving range. I just picked up a new driver that I haven't hit yet.

My body is continuing to change slowly but surely. .
    slowly but surely leads to permanent results!!! took me 20 weeks to lose all my bodyfat!

I've set a new goal for myself. I am shooting to drop 20 lbs by September 2nd which is about 14 weeks away. I had also intended on waking up this morning @ 5:30 AM so I could get in some cardio before work. Yeah, that didn't happen. I literally slept through my alarm until 6:30. WTF? I guess I was tired.

The plan is to turn up the intensity with AM cardio and lifting in the evenings. If I feel up to it I may throw in some light cardio in the evenings as well. I'll just have to see how it goes.

This weekend is going to be wonderful. I'm planning on golfing at least 18 on Sunday and Monday. I can't wait!

Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gettinpumped is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good log man and great progress.
    My workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=893926

^Thanks.

Well, tomorrow starts my Summer 52 Day Challenge. I'm going to be hitting it hard for the next 52 days.....well, harder than I have been at least. I have a lot going on this summer and will be out of town a few times, so I'm going to see how everything ends up working out.

I played 36 holes of golf this weekend, which was awesome. I also managed to get the most wonderful farmer's tan in the history of farmer's tans.

I've devised a new circuit to try out this evening:

Pullups max max max
    Lunges 12 10 8 (per leg)
    Hammer Curl 12 10 8
    Pushups 15 12 10
    Band Row 12 10 8
    Ab Twist 20 20 20 (per side)
    Squat 20 20 20
    Band Curl 12 10 8
    Swiss Crunch 40 40 40

The pullups, lunges, hammer curl, and pushups are pretty self explanatory. I workout at home with limited weights and I've picked up a couple decent sets of resistance bands which proivde a TON of resistance. I will complete all 9 exercises without rest between exercises. Upon completion of one total "round", I will take a 1 minute break and then get back to it for a total of 3 "rounds".

It's been quite a while since I've completed circuits so I wouldn't be surprised if I get near the puking region.... I think it will make for a challenging evening. After the kids go to bed I'm considering doing about 45 minutes on the bike as well. We'll see if that happens.

^Thanks.

Well, tomorrow starts my Summer 52 Day Challenge. I'm going to be hitting it hard for the next 52 days.....well, harder than I have been at least. I have a lot going on this summer and will be out of town a few times, so I'm going to see how everything ends up working out.

I played 36 holes of golf this weekend, which was awesome. I also managed to get the most wonderful farmer's tan in the history of farmer's tans.
    52 day challenge huh? Where ya goin'? lol so hard at the farmer's tan. POST IT!!! you gotta!

The 52 DC's through Men's Health...I try to get involved with most of them. It's a great, supportive community. There are women who enter as well. It's not a contest, but a way to challenge yourself and help keep yourself accountable. As for the pics....let me see. Maybe this weekend. It's truly awesomes.

Oh, almost forgot the update. My workout sucked...horrible horrible horrible. Just the way it should be! I will loathe this circuit. It will not be something I look forward to doing 2-3 times/week....but it kicked my a$$ to the point that I had to stop between rounds 2 and 3 and take a 3 minute break. If not, I would have had to "call some dinosaurs". I feel phenomenal....and will pay for it tomorrow, and probably Friday as well.

The 52 DC's through Men's Health...I try to get involved with most of them. It's a great, supportive community. There are women who enter as well. It's not a contest, but a way to challenge yourself and help keep yourself accountable. As for the pics....let me see. Maybe this weekend. It's truly awesomes.
    Will look that up... def need to be held accountable so I can do new pics in July. My first one in my log is the most recent which was st. pattys. You've got to show the tan! I have a weird one too from welding flash. Looks like I'm wearing white gloves over a red sleeved shirt.

Will look that up... def need to be held accountable so I can do new pics in July. My first one in my log is the most recent which was st. pattys. You've got to show the tan! I have a weird one too from welding flash. Looks like I'm wearing white gloves over a red sleeved shirt.
    ....and I'm wearing red gloves over a blazing white shirt. Gotta love my Irish genes.

Man I'm sore today. The new circuit was clearly a success. The squats and lunges did their magic....my @ss, hammy's and quads are already screaming. Looks like I'll loosen them up on the recumbent bike tonight.

Man I'm sore today. The new circuit was clearly a success. The squats and lunges did their magic....my @ss, hammy's and quads are already screaming. Looks like I'll loosen them up on the recumbent bike tonight.
    Glad to read your a** is suffering today! Good work!

so what all does your circuit consist of other then squats and lunges?

Pullups max max max
    Lunges 12 10 8 (per leg)
    Hammer Curl 12 10 8
    Pushups 15 12 10
    Band Row 12 10 8
    Ab Twist 20 20 20 (per side)
    Squat 20 20 20
    Band Curl 12 10 8
    Swiss Crunch 40 40 40

Zero rest between exercises, one minute between rounds. 3 total rounds.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    curious... why arent squats earlier in the circuit... I suppose you'd want to devote the most energy to the most brutal compound lifts.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    curious... why arent squats earlier in the circuit... I suppose you'd want to devote the most energy to the most brutal compound lifts.
    Due to the fact that I work out at home, I don't have heavy weights. Most of my exercises are completed with lighter weight, body weight, or resistance bands. The squats are towards the end of my workout because I'm almost gassing at that point. I like to throw it in there to really send my heart rate over the edge. For me, these circuits aren't really a mass building exercise. I'm utilizing them to burn fat, decrease my resting heart rate and increase my recovery time.

Have you thought about doing box jumps or squat jump type plyo moves? Given your limited weights, that might be good for weight loss and legs?