Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jak3th3l3g3nd View Post
    Something that has helped me is an app on my phone. I used it for a while and now I pretty much know what is going into my body and don't rely on it a's much
    I have used Fitday in the past. I have to start using that again.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lowcut82 View Post
    What are your macros like? Just curious. I'm new to the whole Keto diet, I know what it is and all, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what they look like because I am doing a project for a Nutrition course. Thanks and best of luck to you.
    That's the problem, I haven't been tracking my macros. I've been sticking with Keto approved foods which should have me close, but I may be ingesting too many calories. I also have to take it really easy on the green veggies because they cause me major cramping. I didn't have those issues before, so I could constantly snack on them and have great results. Now my snacks have to be smaller because they're more calorie laden.

I was working on pullups again last night. I'm finally up to 5 for my first set and then knocked out two sets of 3, one set of 2 and then three sets of 10 negatives. I'm feeling pretty good.

After about six weeks of consistent workouts I have decided to start using some supplements besides my standard EAS Whey. I picked up some ON CLA and Animal Pak supplements. This is the first time that I've used any type of supplement and I have to say that I had crazy amounts of energy for my workout last night. My muslces also swelled more than I've ever experienced during a workout. Ususally, because of the Keto, it feels like my workouts are relatively flat. Well, that definitely changed. At this point I'm happy with the energy boost. The only draw back is the 11 pills that I have to take with the Animal Pak.

Alright boys and girls. It's time to tighten the screws. I've been following the TNT Diet layout for my Keto plan which basically consists of eating Keto approved foods until you're full for each major meal while having snacks between. You are not supposed to monitor macros including calorie intake and such. Well, the first time I started Keto I was much heavier, had much more body fat and that plan worked great. Since I'm not making the progress that I should be making by now, I am going to start tracking my macros on Fitday. I will post them here on the day after....if I can figure out a way to do that. :P
    Last edited by yabbyshmabby; 04-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.

I'm about to lose my nuts right now. I've been hitting it hard for my entire 52 Day Challenge. I even entered the Insane 15,000 Rep Challenge. I'm @ about 11,500 reps and only have until next Thursday (May 5th) to complete the challenge. I was getting a good one in last night and I pulled something in my rib cage. It's actually right in the middle of my back and extends out into both sides of my ribs. I have no idea what the f_ck I did, but breathing is AWESOME!! I don't remember the last time I had so much fun.....inhaling. I guess all I can do is just play it by ear and maybe bust out some cardio on my recumbent bike this weekend so I can at least burn some calories and get in a little activity.

Below is my Fitday report from yesterday. Hopefully the link works.
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...nderType=Print

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good log you've got going. Gave me a few good ideas!

Originally Posted by ananf72 View Post
    Good log you've got going. Gave me a few good ideas!
    Thank you. I plan on keeping it going at least through the summer.

Well, I decided to man up and hit some cardio yesterday even though I'm injured. I am officially a dumb@ss! I just hit the recumbent bike for a decent 45 minute ride yesterday and ....well....I don't think it was the best thing for my ribs. I don't like taking time off. I'm not pleased with myself right now, and I still have no idea how I hurt myself.

I see that my FitDay link doesn't work. I'll have to figure it out.

I uploaded my Fitday stats from yesterday. Let's see if this works. I'm still unsure if I will be attempting a workout tonight. The ribs may still need a couple days to heal.

Last night was breakfast for dinner. The kids were stoked. I have to say, it was quite difficult making pancakes and only being able to smell them. The kids enjoyed them though, which is all that matters!
    Attached Files

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Last night was breakfast for dinner. The kids were stoked. I have to say, it was quite difficult making pancakes and only being able to smell them. The kids enjoyed them though, which is all that matters![/QUOTE]

Yes... it's always great when the kids willingly eat the meals you cook lol. Mine won't eat meat at all.

Yes... it's always great when the kids willingly eat the meals you cook lol. Mine won't eat meat at all.[/QUOTE]

I have one word for you.....Condiments. Well, at least that has worked for me. The only meat I cannot get them to eat is steak....and now that I think of it, I haven't tried A1.

I have uploaded my food log from yesterday.
    Attached Files

From time to time I get hung up at work and am forced to eat from somwhere that is less than desirable. Today I stopped at Wendy's because I was in meetings and in a hurry. Since I'm updating my Fitday on the reg, I want to make sure that I have accurate information. It turns out that Wendy's website has a customizable nutrition menu option. I was able to easily figure out the macros of my meal and remove the bun from my burgers. I just wish I could have shown the carb difference for removing the carrots from the salad...

I've also started on a thermogenic....Lipo 6 Black. Have not used anything like this before and to be honest, I've decided to experiment with it. I've always been curious if they serve any purpose. I will also log my progress with it as well. I know that yesterday when I woke up I was 214.6 and this morning I was 213 (took 2 last night around 5:30 PM). I'm sure that I'll drop water, but my biggest question is going to be what will happen after 8 weeks when I stop taking it. So far I'm only dosing with 2 pills 2x/day rather than 3 2x/day. I don't want to get all looped out.

Talking

Last night was my first workout in about a week since I was allowing myself to recover from an injury. I have to say that I was happy with my results. I actually knocked out 6 pullups for my first set, which is one better than two weeks ago.

I decided to up the Lipo 6 Black to the recommended dosage this morning. I was concerned about feeling jittery or euphoric yesterday, but it didn't happen. I can tell that I'm shedding extra water right now since I dropped down to 212 this morning. I'm also feeling warmer already, which is what was supposed to happen yesterday but didn't. Typically I don't check the scale every morning, but since I'm testing out this thermogenic product I want to track my progress.

I decided to splurge a little yesterday, so my calorie count is higher than it has been, but it's still 500 under maintenance, so I guess I really didn't splurge that much. :P
    Attached Files

jak3th3l3g3nd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like you got your macros in check and are getting to lift a little. That's awsome. I've also have to deal with horrible scheduling with work and I have to eat sonic two or three times a week. It sucks because it's 300+ calories and feels like a snack. Haha I know you know what I mean. Good luck man!
    Heeeeeey

^It blows, but at least we have a few options.

I am not posting my Fitday stats from yesterday because, to be honest, I ordered a steak salad last night and don't feel like picking the components apart. I know that I was under maintenance for the day and the salad was Keto approved.

I've taken Lipo 6 Black's normal dosage for the last two days and am not experiencing any side effects. I'm also much hungrier than I was before I started taking it. They mentioned something about this crap having hunger reducing properties??? Anyways, no big deal because even if I wasn't hungry I'd still try to eat at least 2200 cals/day. I also am not noticing crazy amounts of water cutting and I'm urinating as regularly as normal. I'll probably finish out this bottle and see how my results look. It's a test and I'm actually hoping that it doesn't help at all so I prove to myself that thermogenic products are just a waste of money.

Hopefully the attachments will work.

This is my progress from 3/23/11 -5/8/11. I've only dropped from 214 to 210 lbs. One of the things that you will notice is the amount of girth that has dropped from my body. The beauty of Keto is that you can lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time. Anybody who argues that fact needs to be kicked in the d!ck. I'm happy with my progress up to this point. I'm going to keep moving.

I've also dropped two pants sizes from 36 - 34.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by yabbyshmabby; 05-08-2011 at 06:26 PM.

I ended up with a couple good workouts this weekend and am sore as hell from yesterday's. I'll probably just chill with the kids tonight and maybe hit up the playground.

I had a great night with the kiddos. I actually took the night off from working out. After the kids went to bed it was Black Ops and Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. I have to say, one of the best things I did was buy a Roku player for streaming. I don't know what I'd do without it.

I knew that I kicked my @ss on Sunday with my pull-ups, but MAN are my lats sore today. It feels good though. I love the soreness.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    Hopefully the attachments will work.

This is my progress from 3/23/11 -5/8/11. I've only dropped from 214 to 210 lbs. One of the things that you will notice is the amount of girth that has dropped from my body. The beauty of Keto is that you can lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time. Anybody who argues that fact needs to be kicked in the d!ck. I'm happy with my progress up to this point. I'm going to keep moving.

I've also dropped two pants sizes from 36 - 34.
    congrats, can definitly see a difference!! Good job!!

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    congrats, can definitly see a difference!! Good job!!
    Thank you!

I had a rough day yesterday in terms of eating. I hit up BK twice due to a hectic work day and taking my kids to the playground directly after work. By the time we were heading back it was already getting late and I didn't feel like cooking dinner. I'm still under maintenance but prefer not to eat fast food....even though it falls under Keto.
    Attached Files

Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I had a rough day yesterday in terms of eating. I hit up BK twice due to a hectic work day and taking my kids to the playground directly after work. By the time we were heading back it was already getting late and I didn't feel like cooking dinner. I'm still under maintenance but prefer not to eat fast food....even though it falls under Keto.
    Good work there, you can see a big difference already.

^Thanks.

I was bad last night. The kids begged to stop for ice cream....and I maybe, possibly, kinda grabbed a cone for myself. Ha! Oh well, back at it this morning.

My Lovely Protein Tower!!!!

I love picking up strip loins and breaking them down to whatever size I desire. I've been doing this for years and although it costs more up front, it's extremely less expensive than buying individual strip steaks.
    Attached Images

My Lovely Protein Tower!!!!

I love picking up strip loins and breaking them down to whatever size I desire. I've been doing this for years and although it costs more up front, it's extremely less expensive than buying individual strip steaks.
    Stealing this tip.

Steal away. You'll never buy an individual steak again.