remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Trouble Cutting last 7-8 pounds (PIX)..NEED HELP

Hey...need some help and suggestions from people with experience cutting. I started @ 182lbs (12/5/10) Im weighing 152lbs yesterday (3/22/11) My goal is to hit around 145 and then start bulking and getting jacked (: I eat pretty clean. I have been using Cellucor D4 thermal shock as a weight loss supplement over the past few months. I use just straight whey protein. I was doing heavy cardio during the weight loss that has occurred as well as lifting 3-4x a week. Have cut back on cardio in last month.
    The last 7-8 pounds i would like to lost are not coming off easy. I seem to be hovering around 152 for some reason and I still have a little gut I wanna get rid of. I recently (past few days) have gotten back to cardio in the morning hoping to re-start the weight loss. My questions are this:
    1.)Suggestions on what type of cardio would be best, like HIIT and what not, how frequently and for how long? (please explain what you suggest as I am not up on all the lingo)
    2.)Is there a better protein shake I should be drinking while cutting? (lower cal?)
    3.)Just about done this cycle of the D4, any other type of weight loss supplement that would be beneficial instead of D4 (what do you use during cuts?)
    4.)Just any general suggestions about what you do during cuts are helpful.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. The first pic should be 12/5/10 and second one is me at like 157-158 i think a few weeks ago.

All suggestions welcome!
    Attached Images

Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000) Griffco is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You didn't put your caloric intake. Remember you are going to have to eat less than when you were at 180. Your metabolism drops every pound you lose! So the best cardio is measuring your food like to the last calorie.

But nice progress pics. You had some wide hips for a dude...but look great now!

jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whey protein is acceptable, in fact I use it. Some people like casein, because it keeps u full longer. Also has a lot of calcium which is good for weight loss. It comes from milk as whey is from cheese.

A thermogenic is a thermogenic, to each their own. I personally use oep because it does a great job at surprising my hunger without the jittery cracked out feeling. I have t tried the one ur on

Cardio isn't a must for weight loss. Lifting heavy burns more cals than cardio, but it does benefit weight loss. I run 2 miles before each workout. Then lift heavy. By the time I'm done I'm scared I'm gonna have a heart attack because my heart is about 180bpm and stays there for a oil while. That may be the p.w stacked with the oep though.

U lost a good bit of weight, so u know what it takes. U just have to stay motivated and hang in there. When I plated I binges for a week almost. Gained 4 lbs. Then got strict and it came off and I'm averaging a good 2-3lbs a week.

Try to refigure ur maintenance, add ur defacit again and give it another go
    I hoped I helped
    Working towards green

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Griffco is right about calories. Nothing will happen if calories aren't in the equation. Recalculate your maintenance and go from there. You may need a diet break as well. (plateau)

You've done a great job so far and if you're 5lbs less than the "now" pic, you may want to start bulking or recomping now instead of waiting. A recomp can drastically change how your body looks.

Great job and good luck.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kudostojen View Post
    griffco is right about calories. Nothing will happen if calories aren't in the equation. Recalculate your maintenance and go from there. You may need a diet break as well. (plateau)

you've done a great job so far and if you're 5lbs less than the "now" pic, you may want to start bulking or recomping now instead of waiting. A recomp can drastically change how your body looks.

Great job and good luck.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
    long time not see tj....what's with the sad faces?

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You've done good work with your cut. I know you want to lose those last few pounds, but I'm going to echo the sentiment that hitting the weights hard would really help you. 6-8 weeks of going bawls out with the weights and you'll notice some big things (relative) happening through your chest, shoulders, arms, lats. Adding a bit to your upper body will not only boost your metabolism, but the heavy ass weights will be burning SO many calories, you could easily lose fat in the process. Also, it'll widen/thicken your upper body, taking emphasis off of your stomach.

remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) remedy444 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the quick replies...

Originally Posted by Griffco View Post
    You didn't put your caloric intake. Remember you are going to have to eat less than when you were at 180. Your metabolism drops every pound you lose! So the best cardio is measuring your food like to the last calorie.

But nice progress pics. You had some wide hips for a dude...but look great now!
    My caloric intake is probably around 1800-2000 a day, however I am estimating. Ive counted calories to the 'T' in the beginning but haven't been lately. However I didnt realize my BMR is less now that I weigh less. Thank you for the feedback

(not too sure how to quote multiple people in one thread) sooo....

jdies: Thanks for the info. Def gunna try to focus more on lifting heavy and burning calories that way instead of cardio. what is 'oep'?

kudotojen: yeh Im 5 lbs lighter than the pic on here but I still have a gut. What do you mean when you say recomping? like start bulking?

Tiarnon: Thanks for the advice. Yeh thats what I think I am going to do. Lifting heavy and what not. Besides summer is almost here I gotta start getting big haha...the only problem I have is its tough for me to push myself and lift heavier and heavier since Im usually working out alone. I dont usually have someone to spot me as I try to lift higher amounts and push out that extra rep.

Again thanks for the feedback, first time posting on here and I'm getting some good advice.