Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Recomping, How To Do It

I've been on cuts, I've been on "bulks," but never tried to do both at the same time. It seems hard to wrap my brain around. Carbs tend to be low while I'm on a cut, but high when I'm on a bulk. You need less calories than you take in to lose fat, but more than you burn to build muscle. How does one recomp? I'd imagine simple carbs immediately upon waking to halt catobolism, followed by whey in water, also to halt the catobolism, then very low/ no carbs until immediately post-workout. Then, again, simple carbs immediately, followed by whey in water, and no more carbs until the next morning? That's a complete guess, based on what I think might be logical. How truly slowgoing is this process? And lastly, because it's least important, are there any supplements that are really of any help while recomping? I'm only 21, so a test booster, etc; isn't going to help much in that regard. I was thinking maybe just a nutrient repartitioner and the ECA stack. But then I have to eat more carbs for the nutrient repartitioner to work... lot of questions. Loooot of questions.

Cliffs, if anybody's like to break their answer down into parts:

1.) Recomping diet, it's like a contradiction, how to do it.
    2.) Lifting-- heavy weight/ low reps or vice versa?
    3.) How slow is this process, really?
    4.) Supplements specifically helpful on a recomp?

Thanks in advance for any insight, folks.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What are your stats?

If you aren't under 15% body fat, recomping is not a good idea.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domenic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    What are your stats?

If you aren't under 15% body fat, recomping is not a good idea.
    Haha well that settles that. A'thank you.

I'm 18ish. Quite a gut.

shady66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shady66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shady66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shady66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shady66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shady66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shady66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shady66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im currently on a recomp. For me, Im just eating at maintenance (2300 cals per day) getting in a pretty high amount of protein, (170-200 grams) and the rest being carbs and fats. I am lifting heavy and seeing my body has evened out a bit more. I did a 8 month cut (218-163) and noticed I had quite a bit of lose skin, and unproportioned fat loss. I am happy with the weight I am at currently, and dont really want to go higher or lower (170)

How long until recomps stop working or get to the point where you should bulk or cut? Its been about a month. Sorry for high jacking your thread but it looked like you had an answer already

Originally Posted by shady66 View Post
    Im currently on a recomp. For me, Im just eating at maintenance (2300 cals per day) getting in a pretty high amount of protein, (170-200 grams) and the rest being carbs and fats. I am lifting heavy and seeing my body has evened out a bit more. I did a 8 month cut (218-163) and noticed I had quite a bit of lose skin, and unproportioned fat loss. I am happy with the weight I am at currently, and dont really want to go higher or lower (170)

How long until recomps stop working or get to the point where you should bulk or cut? Its been about a month. Sorry for high jacking your thread but it looked like you had an answer already
    Haha you're good, brah.

Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Recomping now. Eating 2300-2500 cals when i work out.
    3 fullbody workouts a week. And 1500-1800 on offdays with 30-60min cardio sessions on off days
    1k+ 100% of the time

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    Cliffs, if anybody's like to break their answer down into parts:

1.) Recomping diet, it's like a contradiction, how to do it.
    2.) Lifting-- heavy weight/ low reps or vice versa?
    3.) How slow is this process, really?
    4.) Supplements specifically helpful on a recomp?

Thanks in advance for any insight, folks.
    1) Eat at maintenance. Consume adequate macronutrients.
    2) heavy as always.
    3) I think it vastly depends on training experience, genetics, training program, lifting intensity, noob gains/etc.
    4) I'm unaware on this one but I'm not big on supps.

For what it's worth, I recomped from October to February, results are in my progress pics. I was very happy with my results but some was muscle memory. I would expect someone that is already well into their training would have slower results via recomping, but I'm speculating.

When I started I was roughly 18-19% and skinny-fat.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I was going to recomp I would be in a deficit some days of the week when I do cardio and over maintenance on days I lift to a point where at the end of the week my calories add up to what my maintenance calories should be over the full 7 day period so I don't lose weight or gain any and can build muscle and loss fat. Realistically it takes a bit of time but its not uncommon and does work

For more infor search for calorie cycling or carb cycling both are great methods for recomping brah good luck bub