deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deadlift_405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Squat/deadlift/Back issues

With some recent research I have conducted and carefully examining the work of Dr. Stuart McGill, I feel it is my obligation to share and discuss some information I came across.

I am currently working a physiotherapy student and am an assistant a a clinic at the moment. I have been a highly active individual who has lifted weights and has played a wide variety of sports.

Stuart McGill is a Professor at the University of Waterloo and is the foremost expert in biomechanics in dealing with back health. What I found from his research was rather interesting.

There is the notion of the "Neutral Spine". This refers to the fact that our 24 interlocking "blocks" are properly aligned. If it is not properly aligned we are going to get muscle imbalances and other complications. Muscle imbalances are primarily caused by shortening of certain muscles while others lengthens. One thing that is extremely devastating to our spine health is SPINE FLEXION. During flexion we are putting massive amounts of force (usually shearing) on our disks and vertebrae.

Now, here is where we can discuss Squat and Deadlifts. Many people have gained amazing results from these two highly demanding exercises. However, there has been some controversy, as they have been associated with the most injuries in the fitness profession.

The reason being is that many people simply do not have the motor patterns necessary to preform these exercises properly. It has nothing to do with will power or desire to be stronger than others, it is simply because these exercises cause them pain. If continued, serious injury can become very real. Now the problem lies in spine flexion. Everyone knows you must not round the back, and that a straight back in the most important. Although a straight back is part of the proper technique, you must make sure to overly hinge with the hips and make sure the lower back is not rounding (especially seen in most individuals past parallel).

According to Dr. McGill, the majority of people will have a point of break where they come into spine flexion sometime throughout a squat. It is during this point of break where injuries will occur. In order to help train and prevent this, one must forget the spine extension notion, and concentrate on firing and pinching with the PSOAS. This PINCH causes a slight realignment and will aid in preventing the flexion.

This has me concerned with the notion of Squatting ATG. It is something that only a hand full of people can achieve without spine flexion. However, it is preached as though this is the ONLY way to perform such an exercise. Unfortunately , many individuals heath the advice, but end up seriously injuring their backs on such exercises due to the lack of knowledge.

I believe that anyone (I have tried this myself) who squats or deadlifts, should attempt a zero weight bearing squat in the mirror and simply look for any moment of spine flexion. It can be very slight. If you do not see the slightest "BREAK" in posture you may be ok. However, for myself (Most I've squatted was 445lbs) There is a breaking point just after parallel. I was unaware of this and believed I had excellent form, and was even told by trainers of such. This was NOT the case.

Whether you are performing deadlift, Squats, or the controversial ATG squats, make sure to examine carefully for even the slightest spine flexion as this is what seriously injures individuals and can cause a lifetime of pain and troubles.

http://www.backfitpro.com/
    If you want it badly enough you will find a way, if not you will find an excuse.

Yesterday you said today

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tl;dr

just squat and deadlift and quit over analyzing it

zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zolxor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have a better chance if getting in a car accident on your way to work tomorrow that causes permanent back issues then squatting a weight you can handle and experiencing an injury that permanently cripples you for life. It is called taking a calculated risk. Everyone takes them every day as soon as you open your eyes in the morning.

MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000) MegaDave is just really nice. (+1000)
    So basically, squatting and deadlifting with a rounded back will break your back...
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135804641

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Some people may never perform particular lifts, or at least not heavy, due to various injuries or disablements however, I do know from personal experience that they can be overcome in some cases.

I had two herniated disks and a bulged disk in my lower back, that prevented me from attempting squats or dead lifts for well over a year. I was under strict orders to not try them and in all honesty... why risk it?

After my last doctor's appointment, and my 44 pounds of weight loss, I asked my doctor about trying dead lifts and squats, I told him all my other lifts have increased dramatically from when I started and I had been doing leg presses and reverse sit ups. He said to take it easy at first, do one rep and see how I feel the next day.

I followed his advice, 1 rep lead to 2, then 5 then 10 and then more weight. So for the past month I've been doing squats and dead lifts. I still don't have any super high personal best numbers but, I'm nearing 200 pounds each, which is pretty damn good for someone with previous multiple lower back issues.
    Taught by Dr. Squat himself back in the late 90s

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    ISSA Certified Sports Nutritionist